Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Orange Duce

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:00 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:57 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:09 pm We should do what we can to protect our voting systems, but we should have verifiable paper backup.
We have not done that.

This is where the Russian paranoia comes in----when Trump and McConnell don't work diligently to protect out election systems, out come the tinfoil hats.

What happens when Americans stop trusting the results of our elections?

Kind of a big problem, don't you think?

And when the reports come out of more hacking and Russian probing of our systems in 2020, what do you think will happen?
Voting systems are run by the states. The Feds can't mandate it. A centralized Fed system would be easier to rig.
True, a centralized system would be one penetration, not many.

But providing resources to implement new systems (if necessary) with paper back-up required to get those resources is within the Federal gov't purview.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:03 pm
CU88 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:36 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:19 pm So you now like Twitter.... :lol: You have waffles for breakfast today. ;)
Here is the tweet from your hero himself!

@realDonaldTrump

Russia, Russia, Russia! That’s all you heard at the beginning of this Witch Hunt Hoax...And now Russia has disappeared because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected. It was a crime that didn’t exist. So now the Dems and their partner, the Fake News Media,.....
I can parse a sentence into something I want to see as well. ;)
The point is Russia put their man in office. Trump has nothing to do with it. At the very least, he didn’t discourage it. The CinC took their help willingly. Wait until the Ayatollah puts a guy in office. It won’t be so funny when an Arab is in the White House and is the CinC.
For well over 18 months back in the LP days, many here have essentially hung Trump for "knowingly" being involved with Russia/Putin in order have/help him get elected. Most of us agreed Russia influenced our election via Social Media. It's what other leaders have done for years...ourselves included. Save your last sentence for someone more gullible.....like a deplorable. ;) :lol:
Glad to hear that you and others on here agree that Russia helped Trump be elected, influenced our election. My recollection is that contention was strenuously pooh poohed by most of the Trump apologists on here, and certainly denied by Trump himself. Of course, "Social Media" is not the only way they 'influenced our election'. Hacking of Dem emails and their timed release to damage the Clinton Campaign. Agents on the ground as well. Attempted (we're told not fully successful) hacking of election systems.

I'd also suggest that we be a bit more accurate on the "Trump has nothing to do with it" notion. That's simply Trump's contention, not the conclusion of Mueller. The Mueller Report details myriad examples of openness to, welcoming, inviting, etc the Russian support. Lots and lots of public signaling that a Trump Administration would remove sanctions on Russia, indeed first done publicly in response to Butina's open mike question. And lots of signaling privately. Indeed, the Trump Tower meeting to receive dirt on Clinton, about 'adoptions' meant that they discussed the sanctions that triggered Russia to cut off American adoptions of Russian babies.

Mueller did not find sufficient evidence to prove criminal conspiracy, but that's a far cry from Trump and his crew not having anything to do with the Russian interference. They knew the Russians were interfering and welcomed it. Then lied about knowing about it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

That sounds like a player blaming the ref for losing a game. You are so much better and smarter than that MD....so much better.

It happens during almost every election, the difference....the internet has made it visible. You will NEVER be able to stop influence in anything, unless that it, you want dictatorship.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:06 am That sounds like a player blaming the ref for losing a game. You are so much better and smarter than that MD....so much better.

It happens during almost every election, the difference....the internet has made it visible. You will NEVER be able to stop influence in anything, unless that it, you want dictatorship.
A foreign government always hacks into the RNC /DNC database and steals emails along with the voter databases (the value of which is astronomical) in order to influence a presidential election? That happens all the time? Put the pipe down....
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:06 am That sounds like a player blaming the ref for losing a game. You are so much better and smarter than that MD....so much better.

Thanks for the compliment, backhanded as it may be. ;)

But I don't think there's any blaming of the ref here.

It's way, way too passive to simply say that "You will NEVER be able to stop influence in anything."

Foreign interference in our elections is explicitly against the law, as is accepting such 'interference' when it's in the form of money or other things of value. We can enforce the law, and we can regulate access to our systems, whether social media, election systems, financial systems, etc. We can certainly fine and/or jail Americans who break our laws, and to the extent that interference is from a nation state, we can sanction such state.

Emoluments are illegal. We can enforce the law.

Money laundering is illegal, we can jail Americans and we can fine institutions that participate in such activities.

I can go on and on.
Will that eliminate 100% of "influence"? no, that would be perfection and perfection is never attained.

But rolling over and saying it's actually ok to welcome foreign interference is what too any of the Trumpists are doing, led by Trump himself.
That needs to be met with scorn, and legal or Constitutional action.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:54 am

Thanks for the compliment, backhanded as it may be. ;)

But I don't think there's any blaming of the ref here.

It's way, way too passive to simply say that "You will NEVER be able to stop influence in anything."

Foreign interference in our elections is explicitly against the law, as is accepting such 'interference' when it's in the form of money or other things of value. We can enforce the law, and we can regulate access to our systems, whether social media, election systems, financial systems, etc. We can certainly fine and/or jail Americans who break our laws, and to the extent that interference is from a nation state, we can sanction such state.

Emoluments are illegal. We can enforce the law.

Money laundering is illegal, we can jail Americans and we can fine institutions that participate in such activities.

I can go on and on.
Will that eliminate 100% of "influence"? no, that would be perfection and perfection is never attained.

But rolling over and saying it's actually ok to welcome foreign interference is what too any of the Trumpists are doing, led by Trump himself.
That needs to be met with scorn, and legal or Constitutional action.
Based on YA's logic, because we topple governments, it is ok when someone tries to topple ours......
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

My point was simple, and MDLax backed me up.

Much like our other conversation this morning on the Progressive Thread. It's not always so Black and White....there is gray.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:44 am My point was simple, and MDLax backed me up.

Much like our other conversation this morning on the Progressive Thread. It's not always so Black and White....there is gray.
My mistake. It seemed like the attitude was we try to do it to them. That is what I took from the Obama link.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The Trump hate campaign is back in business:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:19 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:26 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:23 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:37 pm The Hillary bashing last night tells you all you need to know. I said over a year ago that Trump doesn't need to govern. All he needs to do is hit the libs, and hit the media. and guys like 6ft will cheer, and think that everything Trump does is gold.

And here we are.
Yesterday afternoon I saw video reports of the pre-show crowd hanging out, provided by local Orlando TV. Trumpism really is a cult. These people, so many of them are life's losers. They need someone to blame, Trump tells them they are what makes the country great, and who is holding them down. Many of them (seemed like most) if they are to be believed have been to 25 or more rallies all over the country since 2016. Same people over and over again.

They did not fill the Amway Center (20K), but didn't miss by many. Very far from Orange Duce's predicted 100K standing room only with outdoor overflow. How appropriate was it to hold it in a location named for one of the greatest cons, pyramid schemes in US history. :lol:

What happens to these people when Trump loses, and he will lose, sooner or later?
Deplorables....following Trump around like Dead Heads....
There sure are a lot of them.

Unfortunately.....not every Trump supporter is deplorable....but virtually every deplorable is a Trump supporter....you see how that works?
Can you count them for me please? ;) :lol:
I know ‘em when I see ‘em.....
You missed your opportunity to say you could SMELL them. Like the FBI's Mueller/Hillary investigator Strock

The failed Impeachment rallies didn't produce enough people nationally to fill the floor in that hall.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:21 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:37 pm The Hillary bashing last night tells you all you need to know. I said over a year ago that Trump doesn't need to govern. All he needs to do is hit the libs, and hit the media. and guys like 6ft will cheer, and think that everything Trump does is gold.

And here we are.
Yesterday afternoon I saw video reports of the pre-show crowd hanging out, provided by local Orlando TV. Trumpism really is a cult. These people, so many of them are life's losers. They need someone to blame, Trump tells them they are what makes the country great, and who is holding them down. Many of them (seemed like most) if they are to be believed have been to 25 or more rallies all over the country since 2016. Same people over and over again.

They did not fill the Amway Center (20K), but didn't miss by many. Very far from Orange Duce's predicted 100K standing room only with outdoor overflow. How appropriate was it to hold it in a location named for one of the greatest cons, pyramid schemes in US history. :lol:

What happens to these people when Trump loses, and he will lose, sooner or later?

Unfortunately.....not every Trump supporter is deplorable....but virtually every deplorable is a Trump supporter....you see how that works?
You missed your opportunity to say you could SMELL them. Like the FBI's Mueller/Hillary investigator Strock

The failed Impeachment rallies didn't produce enough people nationally to fill the floor in that hall.
I know ‘em when I read ‘em too!
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:44 am My point was simple, and MDLax backed me up.

well, yes, not 100%.

Though we can sure as heck stop a lot of it.
But that requires a commitment to do so.

Unfortunately, Trump and Trumpworld appear to be just fine with the interference, make excuses for it, even welcome it with open arms.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Just revealed that the Failing and Desperate New York Times was feeding false stories about me, & those associated with me, to the FBI. This shows the kind of unprecedented hatred I have been putting up with for years with this Crooked newspaper. Is what they have done legal?.......

"This Russia Collusion Hoax was perpetrated in part by people inside the government, and in part by a compliant (Fake News) media.” Mollie Hemingway. @TuckerCarlson @foxandfriends The facts are starting to pour out. Stay tuned!
:lol:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:21 pm

And here we are.

You can always tell were the DEPLORABLES were:

http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/local- ... e-clean-up

And we know that o d will NOT pay for the clean up or the security.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Much like all those cities run by deploarables in SanFran, Chicago, DC. NYC, etc, etc. Burgess Owens can explain it for us all.

~Livy

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:07 am Much like all those cities run by deploarables in SanFran, Chicago, DC. NYC, etc, etc. Burgess Owens can explain it for us all.

But he forgot that there were Republicans who owned slaves as well such as Benjamin Burton & George Fisher of Delaware and others: https://www.wthrockmorton.com/2019/06/1 ... s-in-1860/

Ironically, today Dems seek to compensate for their past errors by passing & maintaining civil rights legislation while Republicans want to reverse all that.

Interestingly, poverty rates in southern rural areas are considerably higher (and quality of life lower) than those urban centers. And they vote Republican!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:48 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:07 am Much like all those cities run by deploarables in SanFran, Chicago, DC. NYC, etc, etc. Burgess Owens can explain it for us all.

But he forgot that there were Republicans who owned slaves as well such as Benjamin Burton & George Fisher of Delaware and others: https://www.wthrockmorton.com/2019/06/1 ... s-in-1860/

Ironically, today Dems seek to compensate for their past errors by passing & maintaining civil rights legislation while Republicans want to reverse all that.

Interestingly, poverty rates in southern rural areas are considerably higher (and quality of life lower) than those urban centers. And they vote Republican!
https://www.archives.gov/education/less ... estead-act

By 1934, over 1.6 million homestead applications were processed and more than 270 million acres—10 percent of all U.S. lands—passed into the hands of individuals.
Why would the United States Government give anyone anything..... that is crazy talk... 1934 is ancient history.... nobody alive today benefitted from any of this.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:50 am

Those coolers, portable chairs, blankets, etc - all those things cost a lot of money. Folks don't normally abandon their property so you have to wonder if these items had been provided by Trump's campaign. Could the campaign have paid those folks to be present there? I wonder.

Typical Lax Dad

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:55 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:50 am

Those coolers, portable chairs, blankets, etc - all those things cost a lot of money. Folks don't normally abandon their property so you have to wonder if these items had been provided by Trump's campaign. Could the campaign have paid those folks to be present there? I wonder.
That is a good point.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:53 am

https://www.archives.gov/education/less ... estead-act

By 1934, over 1.6 million homestead applications were processed and more than 270 million acres—10 percent of all U.S. lands—passed into the hands of individuals.
Why would the United States Government give anyone anything..... that is crazy talk... 1934 is ancient history.... nobody alive today benefitted from any of this.

As your link shows, the government's giving away of land goes back to the Revolutionary War. No surprise given that the land was stolen from Native Americans and could be given away freely. Over the years Republicans have been largely or exclusively credited with facilitating land grant colleges (especially agricultural schools) but the historical record shows it goes way back to the era of Washington & Jefferson and even before that time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land-grant_university

Return to “POLITICS”