Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
LandM

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by LandM »

sea - as I said I am not a lawyer but to me I do not think I could name a President that has not used Executive Privilege in some manner. To your point I missed your question but I am not a lawyer I am just relying on what I witnessed in a car driving for 8 days and speaking with people - they are all tired of it but a 30% faction of the D party who were never happy with the outcome - this cat and mouse game is going to be played out until the 2020 election is over - then what? The news media is making the money.

My point was in a private transaction you have the dreaded "drag along provision" - no one I know likes it and if you do not, do not invest. You had debates, you had rallies, you had an opportunity to do your due diligence, and you had an election. I did not vote for either and many of my friends did not either so we are being dragged along as my vote here in NY did not matter. I have a feeling if Biden is the person it will be another drag along for me. So to your point we as a country do not get to vote no and not invest......it was my simpleton way of trying to explain.....most people it seems want to move on and have a redo, maybe a bad analogy.
LandM

Post by LandM »

I do not know how to update a post but sea:
what is a nosegay? I have allergies so pollen is not my friend
Also as far as my response being GOP - no I think it is how the average person is thinking as I have said, get in a car and drive and talk to people - big country and I hit my last state North Dakota in two weeks :D
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Hah! "Nosegay" is a term, fallen out of use, that means a small collection of sweet-smelling flowers. Let the GOP know; they'll send you a bottle of vodka from Putin's potato farm.

I get what you're saying and thanks for the explanation of the "drag-along" position you feel you and others are in. Your investments may have included this, and at least the majority shareholder had to give you equal or equivalent terms for whatever transaction it contemplated. Here, you get a chance to rally in November 2020; sit it out and, candidly, I don't think you can complain about being dragged along.

We all agree: all Presidents have interposed executive privilege; it is part of the separation of powers that permits the executive to carry out mission-critical functions, and functions that really require high levels of confidentiality. Is this a proper interposition of the privilege, where a former (exquisitely dressed) WH Communications functionary is not permitted to describe or embellish her testimony or interview with a Special Counsel investigating, among other things, potential criminal behavior by the President? I'm not a "sore loser;" I don't have "TDS;" I just like the constitutional form of government to which you and many others here made their oath to protect and defend.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:46 pm I do not know how to update a post but sea:
Also as far as my response being GOP - no I think it is how the average person is thinking as I have said, get in a car and drive and talk to people - big country and I hit my last state North Dakota in two weeks :D
I think you are correct that most folks are 'tired' of hearing about the investigation, heck all of the investigations into corruption in the Trump administration. It's exhausting.

But that's because there's such a huge amount of actual corruption. Not just the Russian matter and obstruction, but all the rest involving the Trump inner circle and the amazing amount of issues with political appointees. Truly unprecedented (in the modern era, including Nixon's 6).

Of course, most of those who are most 'tired' have not bothered to read the Mueller Report, indeed apparently even most GOP Reps and Senators have not. Instead they rely on the echo chamber of their preference. For those listening and watching the right wing stuff, you'd think that Trump and co were pure as driven snow. Just "fighting the Dems for us"...

Those pre-disposed to think the worst of Trump are in the echo chamber regurgitating daily whatever absurdity or outrage is of the moment. And it's indeed exhausting.

But none of this addresses the Constitutional duties of Congress and the imperative to be a check on the power of the Executive branch. That's what seacoaster was addressing, not whether people are 'tired'. He was specifically raising this unprecedented, sweeping claim of Executive Privilege on any and all oversight matters potentially embarrassing to the White House and the Trump Campaign.

My prediction is that we'll eventually see this claim be rejected overwhelmingly by SCOTUS.
I think that's Pelosi's gambit, that this rejection will come in time to be able to actually force testimony in a setting that the American public will actually pay attention to, getting past their being 'tired'. And that such testimony will reveal the rampant corruption.
LandM

Post by LandM »

sea - touche on the vodka - up until 2 years ago I always drank Coors Light and a side car of one of my best friends Jim or Jack - I switched to Coors Light and vodka - rut row - as it is smoother...... :D

Plugging your nose and pulling the lever is just as bad. My hope is that some super smart analytical person will notice that people are voting except in the big vote and that we can get some candidates that are uniters and lead, sniping is not gonna fix allot of issues this country faces.

Get the separation of powers but at some point you have the attention span of the public that needs to be dealt with.......it is not very long. As you said 2020 is right around the corner, do not like it, fix it.

Best
CU88

Post by CU88 »

LandM wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:46 pm I hit my last state North Dakota in two weeks :D

Good on you, I managed to hit my 50th State, Alaska, to celebrate my 50th birthday.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:20 pm
LandM wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:46 pm I do not know how to update a post but sea:
I think you are correct that most folks are 'tired' of hearing about the investigation, heck all of the investigations into corruption in the Trump administration. It's exhausting.

But that's because there's such a huge amount of actual corruption. Not just the Russian matter and obstruction, but all the rest involving the Trump inner circle and the amazing amount of issues with political appointees. Truly unprecedented (in the modern era, including Nixon's 6).

Of course, most of those who are most 'tired' have not bothered to read the Mueller Report, indeed apparently even most GOP Reps and Senators have not. Instead they rely on the echo chamber of their preference. For those listening and watching the right wing stuff, you'd think that Trump and co were pure as driven snow. Just "fighting the Dems for us"...

Those pre-disposed to think the worst of Trump are in the echo chamber regurgitating daily whatever absurdity or outrage is of the moment. And it's indeed exhausting.

But none of this addresses the Constitutional duties of Congress and the imperative to be a check on the power of the Executive branch. That's what seacoaster was addressing, not whether people are 'tired'. He was specifically raising this unprecedented, sweeping claim of Executive Privilege on any and all oversight matters potentially embarrassing to the White House and the Trump Campaign.

My prediction is that we'll eventually see this claim be rejected overwhelmingly by SCOTUS.
I think that's Pelosi's gambit, that this rejection will come in time to be able to actually force testimony in a setting that the American public will actually pay attention to, getting past their being 'tired'. And that such testimony will reveal the rampant corruption.

From the Mueller Report, as not seen via the redactions; there are at least 13 ongoing investigation's.

We all need to be good citizens and have the fortitude for the judicial system to treat all investigations with thorough fairness.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
LandM

Post by LandM »

CU88 - congrads to you - that is awesome. Pumped for two weeks

MD, you are an uber smart guy, IVY league family even though your dad played at VA :D . BTW Lars is a great guy and I hope you give a little more leash to BC at your alma mater....he is a good man. My analysis is that 80% of this country is cliff note people - hear what the left, right and middle (WSJ) says and chose your path. I was never smart enough to read the books so I used the cliff notes.....it all worked out.

13 investigations means not a whole lot to the average people - bills need to be paid, kids need to be picked up and do not forget that travel lax team :D . No one is going to be like many of you out here - it is not a bad thing and there can be over-educating on a subject.....just saying
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LandM wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:19 pm CU88 - congrads to you - that is awesome. Pumped for two weeks

MD, you are an uber smart guy, IVY league family even though your dad played at VA :D . BTW Lars is a great guy and I hope you give a little more leash to BC at your alma mater....he is a good man. My analysis is that 80% of this country is cliff note people - hear what the left, right and middle (WSJ) says and chose your path. I was never smart enough to read the books so I used the cliff notes.....it all worked out.

13 investigations means not a whole lot to the average people - bills need to be paid, kids need to be picked up and do not forget that travel lax team :D . No one is going to be like many of you out here - it is not a bad thing and there can be over-educating on a subject.....just saying
Yes, we can over grind on a subject and wear out some folks' patience.

I also agree that most folks have paid very little attention to the actual details. Lots of reasons, most notably busy lives with other priorities.

So, folks are susceptible to the spin of whatever media and politicians they do tune in to. And that spin has been carefully crafted on the Trump side, with constant repetition of key themes. False though they may be, that's what has penetrated for lots of folks.

Assuming that we think that the Constitutional balance of powers, as well as the rule of law, are actually essential to our long term pursuit of all those other distracting priorities of our lives, Congress needs to assert its powers and exercise its responsibilities. And those 13 investigations need to play out wherever the facts lead.

In the meantime, we, the public, need to recognize propaganda disguised as 'cliff notes' for what it is. Right or left.

BTW, my wife is 'uber-smart', I'm just smart enough to hang with her! Our son inherited her good lucks, brains, and reserved demeanor. From my gene pool he got hand eye and competitive intensity. :D

Re Big Green and BC, I'm hosting an event next month for alums in the Balt-DC-Annapolis area to meet Brendan and Joe. I like the cultural foundation they're building, both off-field and on-field. Obviously we do need to turn the corner on the field pretty soon. I think that's coming in 2020. Gotta win some face offs.

Agree on Lars. I don't really know him personally, just during my son's recruitment process, how he responded so generously to my son as a competitor, and how he was extraordinary with my pop. I did have a bit of personal interaction with him post our dads' passing this winter within days of each other. I'm very impressed with him as a person. I'm also a fan of his approach to our sport!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"Assuming that we think that the Constitutional balance of powers, as well as the rule of law, are actually essential to our long term pursuit of all those other distracting priorities of our lives, Congress needs to assert its powers and exercise its responsibilities. And those 13 investigations need to play out wherever the facts lead."

Bing!Bing!Bing!
LandM

Post by LandM »

MD - Lars is a great guy, total respect and leader. Some day, if you want to hear, I will tell you about him yelling at my son in a cell call after he received his 1st semester grades and his hand-written notes on the bus at 2AM. Best to BC, help him if you can as he is a good man. Awesome on your son and yes I feel the same about my boss (not being negative at all sincerely mean it);

To MD and sea - here is a dummy down version of a recap from my prospective using the Letterman approach:
1. The Russians messed in our elections - you live in a country that has been messing around in others for over 100 years - so look in the mirror;
2. People actually use Facebook for their news channel - Wow Nellie;
3. A person with a cell phone has now become a reporter - Wow Nellie;
4. Trump not thinking he would ever be elected tried to find dirt on his opponent - so what say you two about the Steele dossier and the Australian prof? They have done IMHO more damage to this country then the Russians;
5. Trump being a business man - spouts off - I am equally guilty of that - because he is used to being in charge and when he says jump, people ask how high - he is not a politician - that was a give me;
6. The 10 points outlined, except the lying is a frustrated person that won an election he never anticipated he would win - now he wins - I can see him doing a moon walk to a room with only him in it and saying What the heck did I just get myself into;
7. You had supposedly the smartest uber lawyers in the country review millions of documents spend close to $35 million in tax dollars and found that the above 6 points were true;
8. Now you have some chickensh$t lawyers in Congress trying to apiece a base so they are doing their due diligence. You have the investigator, investigating the investigator which is now investigating the investigator - Inspector Closue (spelling) would probably get lost in the translation;
9. If there was something wrong with Trump's tax returns, I am assuming the IRS would have found it by now - everything I own is in an LLC - if the whiz kids in Washington changed the laws maybe that would not be the case - but as long as the super genius people keep them in place we are taking every write-off that we can. I will go on a limb that it would take a whiz kid years to figure out his taxes - heck I do not understand ours so if our tax accountant says sign and he signs with me - I will sign;
10. Finally I have invested in 9 start-ups - I have gotten 5 tax write-offs - happens - high risk/high reward. I have met Steve Jobs - not a nice dude; I have met Bill Gates - if you know the history of Microsoft they did not invent the original code and had it not been for his rich dad lawyer in Seattle Bill would still be sleeping on a couch - I do not begrudge them. But after the meetings I would always check for my wallet.
11. I will not get into my HRC email and Clinton Foundation how she is still standing is beyond me - too bad Bill could not just think with his big head - he probably could help the tide of division in this country.
best
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump planned to build a hotel in Moscow with Russian money and lied about it.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Trinity wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:27 pm Trump planned to build a hotel in Moscow with Russian money and lied about it.
No biggie. Big shot business men lie all the time. That's how deals get done.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

If you can swallow that, you can swallow anything.
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD - yep and that is why you figure out what lane to swim in - it usually works out - I am just giving my simple 30,000 foot view.
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD - btw - although I never liked Jobs - I bought the stock at $6 because I thought he was a genius but that does not mean I have to go have beers with him - still own it so I am sure you can do the math :D - $10,000 initial and still riding
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:27 pm Trump planned to build a hotel in Moscow with Russian money and lied about it.
Where have you been hiding man?
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:35 pm TLD - btw - although I never liked Jobs - I bought the stock at $6 because I thought he was a genius but that does not mean I have to go have beers with him - still own it so I am sure you can do the math :D - $10,000 initial and still riding
Excellent
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:18 pm TLD - yep and that is why you figure out what lane to swim in - it usually works out - I am just giving my simple 30,000 foot view.
Thanks
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Hiding in Rikers. Don’t have the Putin hook up.
Last edited by Trinity on Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “POLITICS”