Healthcare

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Healthcare

Post by a fan »

(raises hand)

The very same people who wrap themselves in the flag, and deify our troops and first responders?

Do I win a prize?
CU77

Post by CU77 »

As price of insulin soars, Americans caravan to Canada for lifesaving medicine
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/th ... story.html?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:54 am (raises hand)

The very same people who wrap themselves in the flag, and deify our troops and first responders?

Do I win a prize?
Sorry, just cancer and mesothelioma.
a fan

Post by a fan »

It’s mind boggling how crappy we treat our troops and in this case, our first responders. Seems like the easiest way to score political points would be to give them TOO MUCH money and benefits, not too little.

Our debt is out of control. Who cares about even a billion sent to our 9/11 first responders? Who the hell would complain ? I don’t get it.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

a fan wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:17 pm It’s mind boggling how crappy we treat our troops and in this case, our first responders. Seems like the easiest way to score political points would be to give them TOO MUCH money and benefits, not too little.

Our debt is out of control. Who cares about even a billion sent to our 9/11 first responders? Who the hell would complain ? I don’t get it.
because politicians suck?
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Let's get this straight: it's not "politicians" who vote against health care for 9/11 first responders, it's REPUBLICANS.
LandM

Post by LandM »

foreverlax - not trying to build my resume or CV or whatever PC term we are suppose to use today - no blowhards :D

afan, I have been approved for 70% VA disability. Unbelievable. So right now I CAN GET a $1,700 tax free check; free VA designated healthcare; free prescriptions and blue sticker on the front of my car for ease of walking. After my sinus doc, I will be 100% which boosts my tax free check. I walk 5 miles a day; run 3; lift weights and I was somehow able to ski the beautiful mountains of Telluride - love that place and wish that was our full-time home....yesterday I got up on waterski planks. I get what you are saying. My neighbor proudly wears is Vietnam Vet hat and got as close as the San Diego pier.........but yet you are paying for that at 100%. There are other vets who should be called out - never happen. As i type, thanks for paying your tax dollars :D . My point is I and others signed a contract - I get A if you do B.......never would have thought 35 years later that I can can get C. The folks running up the disaster at 9/11 knew what they were getting into - they signed a contract - how do you know running into a building may not let you live? I do not feel bad for any of them. Go look at the oath and contract you signed.

Best
a fan

Post by a fan »

LandM wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:29 pm foreverlax - not trying to build my resume or CV or whatever PC term we are suppose to use today - no blowhards :D

afan, I have been approved for 70% VA disability. Unbelievable. So right now I CAN GET a $1,700 tax free check; free VA designated healthcare; free prescriptions and blue sticker on the front of my car for ease of walking. After my sinus doc, I will be 100% which boosts my tax free check. I walk 5 miles a day; run 3; lift weights and I was somehow able to ski the beautiful mountains of Telluride - love that place and wish that was our full-time home....yesterday I got up on waterski planks. I get what you are saying. My neighbor proudly wears is Vietnam Vet hat and got as close as the San Diego pier.........but yet you are paying for that at 100%. There are other vets who should be called out - never happen.
Would you like me to list the stuff our government pays for that I'd rather not pay for? You'd need to clear your calendar for a few weeks to get through the list.

Your VA disability check is just about dead last on that list. Same goes for your neighbor and his trip to San Diego. I lose zero---zero--- sleep knowing that my taxes go to you.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Someone does not have to accept or apply for the money.

In any pool of large numbers there will be two deviation member. Statistics and research show them to be not significant. One population underserved in healthcare, well one of many excluding Congress of course=, is the veteran including those damaged and trying to recover.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I don't think the point is how much sleep anyone is losing over this or where it falls on their priority list. I think I understand what LandM is getting at here, sometimes the VA is too quick, and almost looking for reasons, to hand out compen$ation and drugs and there are tons of people who take advantage of this. You walk into a VA hospital and tell them you're a Vietnam vet and it's immediately assumed you suffer from PTSD and are in need of drugs. Tell them you were around Agent Orange and you'll get even more...believe me. I don't take any drugs or collect any compen$ation but there's not a question in my mind I could if I took their advice and had them lead me down the path of how to apply for those benefits as well as collecting a nice supply of drugs via the mail.
I know a young fellow who was in the USMC for a couple of years and never left CONUS. The kid collects $3,500 a month and will for life because he was near a mortor when it was fired. Claims to have hearing loss but you'd sure as he!! never notice it if you spent any time around him. He went to a couple of different schools which were, of course, paid for...underwater welder, which was a lengthy school and truck driving school. Needless to say he's doing neither of those, he just went to collect the benefits. There's more to this kid's raping of the system too. That's just one case, multiply that by a pretty big number and it amounts to quite a bit.
I have several friends who are like the San Diego pier Vietnam vet, you'd think they spent their time on Hamburger Hill when the truth of the matter is they're Vietnam Era Vets. There's a whole lot of lying going on about that too. Veterans abusing the system really is a pretty big problem, they're not all the heros too many are very quick to label them as.
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:12 pm I know a young fellow who was in the USMC for a couple of years and never left CONUS. The kid collects $3,500 a month and will for life because he was near a mortor when it was fired.
This stuff is waaaay above my pay grade. I'm not talking about cash for disabilities.

All I'm talking about is: if a veteran shows up for health/mental care, he/she gets it. Doctors, nurses, rehab, etc. I have no problem with that. And I have never heard a Vet complain that the VA was "too quick" to give out care. I'd always heard the opposite. Mired in red tape. And the red tape is there, obviously, to attempt to prevent the fraud that you are describing.

Drugs are a whole other kettle of fish that's too complicated for this civilian.

I'm not privy to any other bennies you gents get, so I can't speak to that.
DMac

Post by DMac »

There's plenty of red tape but there are also plenty of folks there who will sit down and show you how to navitage through the system, it's their job. Those who are complaing about the the VA (and it's far from perfect) are likely the same ones who complained about the food. It was all lousy and they all had much better on the outside but there was nothing left on their tray and they went back for seconds. The system can be abused and there's way too much of it that goes on. I've got friends who collect and have for decades, they tell me I'm a fool for not. They didn't do jack and don't deserve it...believe me (I've heard their stories but I know better).
LandM

Post by LandM »

dmac - thank you - lots of tax dollars - crazy;

afan - I started and sold 3 companies - I get the bureaucracy - I could probably add to your list. We created a moonshine company and spent $100,000 to distill and create the company - then we heard "distributor" - we had the inventory pre-sold - craziest damn thing I have ever been involved with - good news I figure I got 20 years left and that means 20 years of PSU football games - we are giving it away but I do have to listen to my spouse B$tch everytime we open a bottle :D

Cananda - I do not want the money - so I will be playing stall ball for 20 more years then I will be dead with my free plot :lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Where are all the conservatives who used to call Obamacare a "train wreck"? Where is their criticism of Trump's FAILED health care "plans"?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Here's why price transparency can revolutionize health care
Making price discovery a norm in health care could be a game-changer and help reduce the $765 billion our country wastes every year through inefficiency.

Those of us who believe in the free enterprise system have to recognize that America’s health care system is not a good character witness for capitalism. But our health care system is not capitalistic in character. The problem is not that our health care markets have failed. The problem is they have never been tried.

Hospitals know that at least 90% of health care transactions do not involve an emergency, which means patients almost always have time to shop.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-qua ... spartandhp If these numbers are even remotely close to reality our nation has a huge problem.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

"Premiums for key plans sold on HealthCare.gov will drop by 4 percent on average next year, with several states seeing double-digit declines,..."

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/2 ... rop-054262
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Got a letter about my family's exchange plan a week ago. Premiums are dropping $100 per month but my deductible and out of pocket max is jumping up about $1200.

I hate that choosing a healthcare plan is gambling - do I want to pay more now in premiums or pay more later in care cost if some drunk driver hits me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:53 pm "Premiums for key plans sold on HealthCare.gov will drop by 4 percent on average next year, with several states seeing double-digit declines,..."

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/2 ... rop-054262
Imagine if the republicans hadn't been doing everything they could to destroy Obamacare the past 2.5 years. Supposedly the House republicans released a so called healthcare plan today. I have not seen it.

Our non-ACA small company healthcare plan went up 3-4% with only family plan deductible increasing by a few %. ACA did better than our "free market" group plan.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:30 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-qua ... spartandhp If these numbers are even remotely close to reality our nation has a huge problem.
Anyone who has been involved in a hospital visit should be shocked to hear that the waste level is only 25%!
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......

Return to “POLITICS”