Johns Hopkins 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
get it to x

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by get it to x »

Speaking of page count, Navy has 21 pages since their season ended. Granted, they had a firing and a hiring to discuss. If that had happened at Homewood we would be on page 582 of the Hopkins 2020 thread. :lol:
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:23 pm Speaking of page count, Navy has 21 pages since their season ended. Granted, they had a firing and a hiring to discuss. If that had happened at Homewood we would be on page 582 of the Hopkins 2020 thread. :lol:
No worries ... we will steadily reel in the Navy thread and then blow past it, especially if Chris Gray lands at Hopkins.

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

get it to x wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:23 pm Speaking of page count, Navy has 21 pages since their season ended. Granted, they had a firing and a hiring to discuss. If that had happened at Homewood we would be on page 582 of the Hopkins 2020 thread. :lol:
This is bull hockey pucks.

@admin didn’t want to start the 2020 subforum until HS finished up. Meanwhile, we kept tacking extra pages onto the end of the 2019 Fallout Disaster thread. 17 extra pages to be exact.

Here’s the first post, new day of 2020, stuck 17 pages deep into the 2019 thread.
AdiosMF2019
AdiosMF2019
5B4FDDE3-D308-41AA-A38A-ACD1C87EDC6F.jpeg (221.88 KiB) Viewed 4616 times
So, add 17 for an accurate Hopkins Ass Kicking Page Count Total.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am

@admin didn’t want to start the 2020 subforum until HS finished up. Meanwhile, we kept tacking extra pages onto the end of the 2019 Fallout Disaster thread. 17 extra pages to be exact.

Here’s the first post, new day of 2020, stuck 17 pages deep into the 2019 thread.

5B4FDDE3-D308-41AA-A38A-ACD1C87EDC6F.jpeg

Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics. BTW, throwing shade using a cat's butt is brilliant.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

get it to x wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:40 am
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:10 am

5B4FDDE3-D308-41AA-A38A-ACD1C87EDC6F.jpeg

Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics. BTW, throwing shade using a cat's butt is brilliant.
Just another day in keeping up with the Official 2020 Hopkins Page Count. 8 + 17. 25. Woot.

The Official Page Counter:

Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:51 pm
No worries ... we will steadily reel in the Navy thread and then blow past it, especially if Chris Gray lands at Hopkins.

DocBarrister ;)
Well there’s certainly an opening on attack for Chris right now if he chooses to come here. I think he’d work great together with Epstein even though they basically play the same position. An attack of Epstein, Gray and Grimes in 2021 could be one for the ages. At least we can hope and and dream for a few more days until he makes a decision.
geb

Post by geb »

[quote}So, add 17 for an accurate Hopkins Ass Kicking Page Count Total.[/quote]But subtract at least one for all the posts that are simply about the page count and have nothing to do with 2020 lacrosse.

Isn't winning the fanlax page count a poor substitute for having the team actually win some games? :lol:
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

No, Hopkins is still the straw that stirs the drink.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:34 pm No, Hopkins is still the straw that stirs the drink.
Indeed!...and hopefully back on the regular season schedule vs. Navy starting in 2020. :)
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

LMsadAO
45wewantmore

Post by 45wewantmore »

v UMD
v UMD
v PSU
v UND

why not start 2020 as though 0-8 and then play all the young guns from the off
watching players step on the field late and wonder where the heck have they been all year :roll:
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

45wewantmore wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:00 pm v UMD
v UMD
v PSU
v UND

watching players step on the field late and wonder where the heck have they been all year :roll:
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

45wewantmore wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:00 pm v UMD
v UMD
v PSU
v UND

Actually if they start next season with the line up they finished the Notre Dame game with this season, move Forry Smith back to attack and Zinn to the first midfield, I think they’ll be ok. What newcomers are you hoping to see in the lineup early next spring?
Wood Sticks 4ever

Post by Wood Sticks 4ever »

I never thought I would write this, but congrats to the board on their restraint. I logged in today expecting about 10 pages of Scanlan notes, and got nothing. Amazing.

Having said that, I missing something or does this seem like an unimaginably good fit for both sides?

Interesting to note that Scanlan had 43 goals last year, which matches the goal total of OUR ENTIRE FIRST LINE.
The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Wood Sticks 4ever wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:05 am I never thought I would write this, but congrats to the board on their restraint. I logged in today expecting about 10 pages of Scanlan notes, and got nothing. Amazing.

Having said that, I missing something or does this seem like an unimaginably good fit for both sides?

Interesting to note that Scanlan had 43 goals last year, which matches the goal total of OUR ENTIRE FIRST LINE.
Depends on which two sides you're speaking of. Loyola lost their expected top playmaker after spencer left. The loyola board is going on how we're expected to do just as good for next year which im skeptical of.
Hopkins reloads... again and again. Wonderkid is back. You have Grimes coming after 2020.

UNC just got a diamond of a player, they need a QB and they got one.

Duke is probably winning multiple titles with their classes coming in and O'Neil who is described as a generational talent comes in after 2020
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Wood Sticks 4ever wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:05 am I never thought I would write this, but congrats to the board on their restraint. I logged in today expecting about 10 pages of Scanlan notes, and got nothing. Amazing.

Would absolutely love to have Scanlan but a Loyola-to-Hopkins transfer doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless his primary reason for leaving is academics AND he wants to stay in Baltimore. Going back closer to home to Cuse or Albany is the far more likely scenario, IMO. He'd start on attack for those teams too if that's something he wants and while I wouldn't rule it out at Hopkins either I think he'd be a lot more likely to remain as a middie for the Jays.

Gray to UNC makes sense...they really need him.

One guy I hadn't mentioned in my various positional previews, because I thought he was a 2020, was Ryan Harkin, a middie from Georgia whose dad played for the Jays. But he's playing in the Committed Combine this summer and they list him as a 2019. Nor sure if that's incorrect or if he is indeed a '19 and will PG—or if he'll be at Homewood in the fall. Don't know much about him but it appears he can play some midfield. His level of competition may have been lacking down in GA but there are lots of videos of him dodging north-south and shooting on the run. Not a giant, but not a munchkin either.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

The difference between their board and ours is that they trust their coaching staff in light of the past 10 years where they've gone from the fringe of the sport to national contender while we've gone from national contender to also ran becoming the third best team on our own street. For those that say that February lacrosse is meaningless Scanlan played well against us from game 1 or 2 and never looked back. Given that we expect 17 of the 21/22 guys who made the field in the final season to return to the lineup next spring kind of surprised we haven't seen more defections, yet.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:34 am One guy I hadn't mentioned in my various positional previews, because I thought he was a 2020, was Ryan Harkin, a middie from Georgia whose dad played for the Jays. But he's playing in the Committed Combine this summer and they list him as a 2019. Nor sure if that's incorrect or if he is indeed a '19 and will PG—or if he'll be at Homewood in the fall. Don't know much about him but it appears he can play some midfield. His level of competition may have been lacking down in GA but there are lots of videos of him dodging north-south and shooting on the run. Not a giant, but not a munchkin either.
https://www.northfulton.com/johnscreek/ ... 82953.html

There's a picture of him from the April 2019 signing day with a Hopkins sign in front of him. You don't go off and PG after signing an NLI do you?

In terms of newcomers - it not just a matter of who can play - it's also do they have any opportunity to play
If Murphy is a shooter of such repute - he should see the field - EMO at the very least - it is a skill lacking to some degree in the current Hopkins line-up
Assuming Foley returns for a moment and Reinson and Blondell take the LSM spots - it looks like some waiting for the long poles
Marcille might very well compete for the goalie spot

After that - it's open season for any offensive middie time or SSDM spots
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

This is the long yawn before fall ball. Possible transfers and the quality and quantity of recruits will fill the pages. Is Petro doom and dust? Does Dwan add or subtract? Can a hall of fame GK teach? Is Benson a genius or a mediocre OC? Many say the pieces are there but, can they be assembled and motivated? I have the highest hopes for this team but, am afraid that whatever magic creates a FF or better is just not there. Here's hoping I'm wrong but, I expect a top 20 team that ultimately fails.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

How many guys has Petro wally pipped out of starting jobs over the last decade during the offseason? Maybe the year the shack/tinney group came in. If memory serves the ranagan folks had to wait half a year even durkin.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”