The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Bandito

Re: SCOTUS

Post by Bandito »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Bandito wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
seacoaster wrote:So is this an "investigation" simply for form, and when "completed" the GOP can just get to the vote?
Yep. Wait until the perjury charges come up. President tRump should find a better candidate. I have no confidence in Brett Kavanaugh as a judge. He has 0 credibility (with me).
That is because you believe in guilty until proven innocent and have no understanding of the rule of law. You are a partisan hack that can't see past your blue stained glasses. Kav will be confirmed and the next SCOTUS. What is really impressive is Kav was able to drink some beers and party in college (gasp) and still be ranked #1 in his class. That is who I want on the SCOTUS. Also perjury charges will likely be filed against Ford. You lost Kav and the Republicans won. Ford's story lacks credibility and has really energized the Republican base for the midterms. This was an epic fail by Democrats. What a bunch of idiots.
Buenos dias Manuel!
And a racist too for assuming my ethnicity. No surprise as the Democrat Party was founded on racism.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ion-220808

Why the Senate should investigate boofing.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bandito wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Bandito wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
seacoaster wrote:So is this an "investigation" simply for form, and when "completed" the GOP can just get to the vote?
Yep. Wait until the perjury charges come up. President tRump should find a better candidate. I have no confidence in Brett Kavanaugh as a judge. He has 0 credibility (with me).
That is because you believe in guilty until proven innocent and have no understanding of the rule of law. You are a partisan hack that can't see past your blue stained glasses. Kav will be confirmed and the next SCOTUS. What is really impressive is Kav was able to drink some beers and party in college (gasp) and still be ranked #1 in his class. That is who I want on the SCOTUS. Also perjury charges will likely be filed against Ford. You lost Kav and the Republicans won. Ford's story lacks credibility and has really energized the Republican base for the midterms. This was an epic fail by Democrats. What a bunch of idiots.
Buenos dias Manuel!
And a racist too for assuming my ethnicity. No surprise as the Democrat Party was founded on racism.
You mean you are not El Bandito, Manuel?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/bandito
“I wish you would!”
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Remember...Kavanagh is an ultra-devout Christian. As such, he may have thought he was SPEAKING IN TONGUES.Perhaps when Kavanagh gets angry, the on/off switch in his amygdala sends some confusing language prompts to his tongue.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

KAVANAUGH’S TELL: “REVENGE ON BEHALF OF THE CLINTONS,” PLURAL

"For a guy who is unashamed about using stolen emails, the notion that he considers this revenge for Hillary is troubling enough. If this is revenge, it is revenge for Hillary being wronged during the 2016 election, and a big part of that wrong was using stolen emails. And Kavanaugh is no more embarrassed about using stolen emails than the guy who appointed him.

Kavanaugh suggests, in the same breath, that Hillary was wronged, but that denying him a seat on the Supreme Court, even for behavior that resembles that wrong, would be an outrage, even if his nomination was due entirely to the fact that she was wronged.

Brett Kavanaugh is not going to quit, no matter if his entire nomination is illegitimate because Hillary was wronged.

Perhaps more plausibly, Kavanaugh’s use of the plural, “Clintons,” suggests he thinks this is revenge for his own actions 20 years ago, his own demand that a man and his family be publicly humiliated.

But, again, if this is revenge, it suggests what happened to Clinton — the insistence that Bill confess under oath to Kavanaugh about cumming into Monica’s mouth — was itself wrong.

And once again, Brett Kavanaugh, the guy whose career was launched by demanding to hear the sordid details of sex under oath, does not care. Kavanaugh does not care that (as David Brock laid out early in this process) he himself “set a perjury trap for Clinton, laying the foundation for a crazed national political crisis and an unjust impeachment over a consensual affair.” He may recognize this as revenge and in so doing acknowledge that it is akin to the coordinated campaign he wrongly assumes is amassed against him, but he does not care that Democrats are (he imagines) adopting his own playbook."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

David Brock's story deserves its own post

"When, as I came to know, Kavanaugh took on the role of designated leaker to the press of sensitive information from Starr's operation, we all laughed that Larry had taught him well. (Of course, that sort of political opportunism by a prosecutor is at best unethical, if not illegal.)

Another compatriot was George Conway (now Kellyanne's husband), who led a secretive group of right-wing lawyers — we called them "the elves" — who worked behind the scenes directing the litigation team of Paula Jones, who had sued Clinton for sexual harassment. I knew then that information was flowing quietly from the Jones team via Conway to Starr's office — and also that Conway's go-to man was none other than Brett Kavanaugh.

That critical flow of inside information allowed Starr, in effect, to set a perjury trap for Clinton, laying the foundation for a crazed national political crisis and an unjust impeachment over a consensual affair.

But the cabal's godfather was Ted Olson, the then-future solicitor general for George W. Bush and now a sainted figure of the GOP establishment (and of some liberals for his role in legalizing same-sex marriage). Olson had a largely hidden role as a consigliere to the "Arkansas Project" — a multi-million dollar dirt-digging operation on the Clintons, funded by the eccentric right-wing billionaire Richard Mellon Scaife and run through The American Spectator magazine, where I worked at the time.

Both Ted and Brett had what one could only be called an unhealthy obsession with the Clintons — especially Hillary. While Ted was pushing through the Arkansas Project conspiracy theories claiming that Clinton White House lawyer and Hillary friend Vincent Foster was murdered (he committed suicide), Brett was costing taxpayers millions by pedaling the same garbage at Starr's office.

That's right, this scumbag is a long-groomed mole that has arrived at the point his handlers have long dreamed of.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

"Also perjury charges will likely be filed against Ford."

C'mon; let's get a consensus here and turn on the "Foe"/Ignore function.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Political hitjobs. For those that pretend to understand issues, have a look at this six year old article. It would appear Kav has been on the Supremes list for quite a while

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2012 ... ding-court

The high-stakes health-care case is a useful reminder of the even higher stakes in the Presidential election. If a Republican, any Republican, wins in November, his most likely first nominee to the Supreme Court will be Brett Kavanaugh. ♦

2012, write about the time Ford "remembers" the assault. Also, like I wrote before, I, and surely plenty of other people here, know people that know blaey's Monkey county/tar heel reputation. Is she not available to be asked if SHE eve blacked out?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote:
Trinity wrote:His threat during his opening remarks that what comes around goes around should be an automatic disqualifier. Besides the flock of lies he told. Boofing, ralphing, Devils Triangle, never drinking enough to lose his memory. He has zero credibility left. Like Trump. Blatant Look-you-in-the-eye liars.
Ah, but he swore to God. :lol:
I already covered this. Did your kids private HS have a "god" thing going on? exactly

hypocrites, unless you DO believe in god :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote:If you are interested in the truth, then the FBI needs to be given time to do their job and they need to be given free reign to go where the evidence leads them. This is not a criminal investigation, it is a background investigation. They will dig deeper than they have in the past. If the WH is limiting the questions they can ask and who they can interview, which seems to be the case, this is not a real investigation. If this is not a serious investigation, others will investigate. This issue will plague Kavanaugh and his family forever. It will plague the nation forever.

If he is confirmed and later after a believable investigation is found to be a blackout drunk, or another believable assault victim is judged credible there will be hell to pay. This issue will not go away with his confirmation. If he is not confirmed, the issue is a mice nuts issue for the country at large. Whether he is confirmed or not, serious private and perhaps public investigations will continue. The State of Maryland can choose at anytime in the future to investigate. Future Presidents, Senates and Houses can choose to investigate. We do not need a Supreme who has this potential in his future. The republicans have any number of qualified candidates with likely backgrounds that don't include these kind of questions.

The republicans have barely enough time to move another candidate through this year. The candidate would have to be squeaky clean. Senators would just have to work through their vacation time at the end of the year. There are currently 90+ days left. In another 20 days or so, the window does probably close.
Is Ford still in the DC area? Has she filed a complaint yet? Kav has been on the pretends radar for a while now (as shown by the New Yorker article) Doubt any of you will have a comment about it.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Free rein has been granted to the FBI by the oft rained upon homo sapien who currently reigns supreme our drained swamp of a Nation.

FREE REIN: Synonyms-freedom, a free hand, leeway, latitude, flexibility, liberty, independence, free play, license, room to maneuver, carte blanche, a blank check.

Why then are there only 4 folks........?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:
jhu72 wrote:If you are interested in the truth, then the FBI needs to be given time to do their job and they need to be given free reign to go where the evidence leads them. This is not a criminal investigation, it is a background investigation. They will dig deeper than they have in the past. If the WH is limiting the questions they can ask and who they can interview, which seems to be the case, this is not a real investigation. If this is not a serious investigation, others will investigate. This issue will plague Kavanaugh and his family forever. It will plague the nation forever.

If he is confirmed and later after a believable investigation is found to be a blackout drunk, or another believable assault victim is judged credible there will be hell to pay. This issue will not go away with his confirmation. If he is not confirmed, the issue is a mice nuts issue for the country at large. Whether he is confirmed or not, serious private and perhaps public investigations will continue. The State of Maryland can choose at anytime in the future to investigate. Future Presidents, Senates and Houses can choose to investigate. We do not need a Supreme who has this potential in his future. The republicans have any number of qualified candidates with likely backgrounds that don't include these kind of questions.

The republicans have barely enough time to move another candidate through this year. The candidate would have to be squeaky clean. Senators would just have to work through their vacation time at the end of the year. There are currently 90+ days left. In another 20 days or so, the window does probably close.
Is Ford still in the DC area? Has she filed a complaint yet? Kav has been on the pretends radar for a while now (as shown by the New Yorker article) Doubt any of you will have a comment about it.
On the radar as he is a political operative ascending to the Supreme Court..... Let me guess, he wasn't the only one on the "radar"?
“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

seacoaster wrote:"Also perjury charges will likely be filed against Ford."

It's on, just click on the username on the post and there should be an "Add Foe" link
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Potential Witnesses in the Kavanaugh Investigation Have Been Unable to Reach the FBI
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/201 ... esses.html
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote:https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ion-220808

"Tall".

"Tall" is what my nieces have called their paternal grandfather all their life. The why doesn't matter. What matters is if you, or anyone that is pretending that this isn't political playbooking, has words that are their own. That the words have meanings with friends, family, kids, etc. I forget what a frat brother called burning his bodily produced methane and lighting it on fire with a lighter. Could do it on request. Would 'boofing" be the term?

A drunk that went to Yale, that was NOT a legacy rich kid like Bush. Think about it. You guys are off the rails on this topic. It's ok for tough guy cops to drink hard, then be trusted with aimed weapons and driving around hungover? Umm....ok. A judge just reads.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote:

"Tall".

"Tall" is what my nieces have called their paternal grandfather all their life. The why doesn't matter. What matters is if you, or anyone that is pretending that this isn't political playbooking, has words that their own. That the words have meanings with friends, family, kids, etc. I forget what a frat brother called burning his bodily produced methane and lighting it on fire with a lighter. Could do it on request. Would 'boofing" be the term?

A drunk that went to Yale, that was NOT a legacy rich kid like Bush. Think about it. You guys are off the rails on this topic. It's ok for tough guy cops to drink hard, then be trusted with aimed weapons and driving around hungover? Umm....ok. A judge just reads.
Yeah.......plenty or working class folks are members at Burning Tree and Congressional.......man you know how hard it is to get on at Ponkapoag and Franklin Park!
“I wish you would!”
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

seacoaster wrote:
"Also perjury charges will likely be filed against Ford."

It's on, just click on the username on the post and there should be an "Add Foe" link
What took you so long?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:

"Tall".

"Tall" is what my nieces have called their paternal grandfather all their life. The why doesn't matter. What matters is if you, or anyone that is pretending that this isn't political playbooking, has words that their own. That the words have meanings with friends, family, kids, etc. I forget what a frat brother called burning his bodily produced methane and lighting it on fire with a lighter. Could do it on request. Would 'boofing" be the term?

Yeah.......plenty or working class folks are members at Burning Tree and Congressional.......man you know how hard it is to get on at Ponkapoag and Franklin Park!
Then why do people aspire to attend colleges with these "types". Put their kids in positions that allow them to rub shoulders them.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:

"Tall".

To say nothing about it having nothing to do with any of that stuff and everything to do with his lying and deception. These are unacceptable qualities for a SC judge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote:
I'm not a pretend lib, but I have a comment: so your sales pitch here is that Ford is lying, and "the Deep State" put her up to it?

Do I have this right?

I've noticed you still haven't commented on Kav clearly lying his ass off to Congress. Instead, you're going after Ford. So you believe Kav's response to what a Ralph Club is, but you don't believe Dr. Ford, who clearly put her life on the line to come forward?

Did Kav come across as a judge to you? Or an angry petulant child who was too stupid to let the R Senators act show the anger, letting him play good cop to their bad cop.

This is Princeton's best? Pass. Find another Justice. It ain't that hard.

Return to “POLITICS”