Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:37 pm
You are obsessed with that Dossier
Not as much at the MSM was in constructing their Trump-Russia collusion narrative,
or the IC which accepted it as legit intel & used it to investigate & spy on innocent Americans,
or the HRC/DNC who paid for it,
or the TDS zombies who defended it for over a year, here & in LP forums.

Has there ever been such a monumental hoax,
or a more disruptive Russian disinformation ploy ?
Yes. Trump is a hoax...pretending to be POTUS
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

SaltyRad is a hoax, pretending to be outraged at the "hoax". It's all part of a nefarious plan to destroy democracy in the name of autocracy and authoritarianism. Don't believe me? Review his posts for the last 10 years...it's a sophisticated anti-democracy campaign.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:58 am SaltyRad is a hoax, pretending to be outraged at the "hoax". It's all part of a nefarious plan to destroy democracy in the name of autocracy and authoritarianism. Don't believe me? Review his posts for the last 10 years...it's a sophisticated anti-democracy campaign.

I thought it was just me who figured out he resents this country.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Oh no, the Silent Majority on this board is all over that crapola. It IS very instructive to watch you and AF eat his ideological lunch day-in and day-out...sorta like it's going to be when the House Dems start parading all of Trump's Swamp People before the cameras in the coming days.

Swamp Types hate sunshine and clear-headed reasoning...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
LandM

Post by LandM »

TLD and Diss,
As someone who represented his country - thank you for paying your tax dollars and my great education and all of that leadership training and having fun playing with toys - you might want to dial it down a tad. I think Salt is bringing thoughts and opinions and he can speak for himself but I also know he represented his country. Not sure what you all did and it does not matter but if you cannot take an alternate opinion - you should put some big boy pants on :D
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

LandM wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:01 pm TLD and Diss,
As someone who represented his country - thank you for paying your tax dollars and my great education and all of that leadership training and having fun playing with toys - you might want to dial it down a tad. Toning it down is always a good idea...which has nothing at all to do with your CV

I think Salt is bringing thoughts and opinions and he can speak for himself but I also know he represented his country. If he can speak for himself, let him,

Not sure what you all did and it does not matter but if you cannot take an alternate opinion - you should put some big boy pants on :D Again, what they all did or do has nothing to do with this topic, which you state, but you continue forward nonetheless....
As Mom used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." She could have added, "If someone says something negative about someone else, say out of it."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

As someone who represented his country - thank you for paying your tax dollars and my great education and all of that leadership training and having fun playing with toys - you might want to dial it down a tad. I think Salt is bringing thoughts and opinions and he can speak for himself but I also know he represented his country. Not sure what you all did and it does not matter but if you cannot take an alternate opinion - you should put some big boy pants on :D

Miss America contestant? :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
LandM

Post by LandM »

forever,
I agree but when someone says they "resent their country" - come on now
Your mom was a smart lady :D
LandM

Post by LandM »

yes JHU - I shaved my legs :D
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

LandM wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:33 pm forever,
Agreed....There are better ways to make your point. Sadly, that is now how we roll now, as evident by the current POTUS.

She was a kindler, gentler kind of person. Dad was all about doing the right thing, because it's the right thing to do.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:40 pm
LandM wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:33 pm forever,
Agreed....There are better ways to make your point. Sadly, that is now how we roll now, as evident by the current POTUS.

She was a kindler, gentler kind of person. Dad was all about doing the right thing, because it's the right thing to do.
Great lessons.
Civility appears to be out of favor, right now.
It's shameful how we talk about one another these days.

However, frankly, I'm quite fed up with anyone who gives the current Oval Office occupant their support and then pulls out the civility card or the "service" card. The hypocrisy is mind-blowing.

I did react with a bit of an 'ouch' to the "resent this country" comment, so didn't pile on. I'd already responded directly to (IMO) the ridiculousness of his prior rant about the MSM and "hoax".

However, I understood the intended point that Salty, for all his purported 'service' (which I certainly assume is accurate not a 'hoax'), portrays an awful lot of antipathy, and even vitriol, toward some very important (IMO) American ideals and institutions, as well as against the majority of Americans themselves, specifically those who find Trump to be dishonest and vile.

LandM,
With all due respect to anyone's service to this country, in whatever form that may take, I don't think that time in the military automatically inoculates one from some form of 'resentment of this country'.

Nor from racism, nor sexism, nor homophobia, nor...all sorts of ways those who have 'served' can also be buttheads or worse.

As I've said many times, I'm a lifelong GOP voter. Never missed an election cycle, never voted for a Dem for President since I first was able to vote in a national election nearly 40 years ago. I consider myself a moderate conservative, with libertarian social views. I considered people who disagreed in good conscience to be essential to the workings of a functioning constitutional democracy, not 'enemies' to hate.

But the current GOP is unrecognizable, a toadying mess of sycophants and, in some cases, an unleashed corps of the worst aspects of the far right. What is fascinating to me is that so many of these same people who espoused 'patriotism' and respect for the Constitution, for the rule of law, for accountability and responsibility, these same people keep attacking the core principles of our democracy... on behalf of an authoritarian egomaniac!

Salty keeps leaning into that same mess with disturbing vitriol.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Speaking of vitriol :

a toadying mess of sycophants and, in some cases, an unleashed corps of the worst aspects of the far right. What is fascinating to me is that so many of these same people who espoused 'patriotism' and respect for the Constitution, for the rule of law, for accountability and responsibility, these same people keep attacking the core principles of our democracy... on behalf of an authoritarian egomaniac!

Which egomaniac -- Trump or Putin ? I can't keep up.

You attribute the worst to anyone who has the temerity to disagree with you. Sad.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Let's review Salty's attitude and statements during the "Swiftboating" of John Kerry, shall we?

No compunction about attacking a service member when political expediency is helpful to your POV.

Of course, going to the mat for George W. Shrub during the National Guard AWOL incident was just "telling it like it is".

Yeah, been documenting this brazen behavior for going on 20 years now...

old salt

Post by old salt »

Kerry's squadron mates outed him.
W's squadron mates stood up for him.
Kerry bragged he threw his ribbons away.
That's good enough for me.
Last edited by old salt on Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Welcome aboard. Old Sailor is quick to point out how other folk hate this country. He can speak for himself. His words are all I need to see. A Russian / Saudi apologist. I don’t care about the flowery nomenclature. BS is BS.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:02 pm Speaking of vitriol :

a toadying mess of sycophants and, in some cases, an unleashed corps of the worst aspects of the far right. What is fascinating to me is that so many of these same people who espoused 'patriotism' and respect for the Constitution, for the rule of law, for accountability and responsibility, these same people keep attacking the core principles of our democracy... on behalf of an authoritarian egomaniac!

You attribute the worst to anyone who has the temerity to disagree with you. Sad.
"the temerity to disagree with me"...nope, I welcome disagreement...in good faith. Don't care if it's left or right, I'm interested in following the logic and perspective of others, but only if offered in good faith.

But that's not what is on display now with so many in the GOP.
And you, of course, know that, which is why it's so difficult to consider your views as offered "in good faith".
They're not.

Sycophants, toadies, hypocrites.
Very disappointing to an old guy like me.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:10 pm
Welcome aboard. Old Sailor is quick to point out how other folk hate this country. He can speak for himself. His words are all I need to see. A Russian / Saudi apologist. I don’t care about the flowery nomenclature. BS is BS.
Trump (& I) do not want to lose Saudi Arabia as ally or needlessly worsen an already dangerous confrontation with Russia.
If you see that as "apologist", that's your problem.

I lost enough friends during the Cold War & in Iraq to not want a do over.
If that means tolerating some things we can't change, which do not threaten us, then so be it.
I do not hold the fantasy that we can change centuries of Russian or Arab society,
& it's arrogant to think that we can.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:35 pm

"the temerity to disagree with me"...nope, I welcome disagreement...in good faith. Don't care if it's left or right, I'm interested in following the logic and perspective of others, but only if offered in good faith.

And you, of course, know that, which is why it's so difficult to consider your views as offered "in good faith".
They're not.

As I pointed out to afan. I'm not lockstep GOP.
I disagree with Lindsey Graham & other GOP hawks on arming Saudi Arabia.
I laid out my Buchanan Brigade bona fides.
Who knew it would take 3 decades for the rest of the GOP to catch up.
It's no longer your GOP. Adapt or die.
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:33 am Oh no, the Silent Majority on this board is all over that crapola. It IS very instructive to watch you and AF eat his ideological lunch day-in and day-out...sorta like it's going to be when the House Dems start parading all of Trump's Swamp People before the cameras in the coming days.

Swamp Types hate sunshine and clear-headed reasoning...
.:lol:. ...anything to change the subject. Mission accomplished.
Given your fascination with PMM's flyspecking of the Steele dossier, I figured you'd enjoy a full deconstruction.
When all else fails, unleash the TDS zombie pack personal attacks. .:mrgreen:.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:45 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:35 pm

They're not.

As I pointed out to afan. I'm not lockstep GOP.
I disagree with Lindsey Graham & other GOP hawks on arming Saudi Arabia.
I laid out my Buchanan Brigade bona fides.
Who knew it would take 3 decades for the rest of the GOP to catch up.
It's no longer your GOP. Adapt or die.
Nah, you're in lockstep with Trump and Trumpism.
Like many of the toadies of the GOP, you fall all over yourself trying to excuse Trump and attack his critics, damn the price.
Sure, you'll disagree on the margins occasionally, but then you resort to form.

But you're right, it's not my GOP.
It's Trumpworld now.

Old, white, racist, misogynistic...who is gonna die?
Yup, the Trumpworld GOP.

Return to “POLITICS”