MAAC

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Qckstk

Re: MAAC

Post by Qckstk »

I agree that Marist should be favored next year. They lose their entire close D, but all their O returns, as well as their stud fogo and goalie. They are well coached and recruit well, so I suspect the D may not suffer as much as you would think. I’m not sure the MAAC will be stronger next year, as both Canisius and Q’Pac got hit pretty hard by graduation. Canisius loses 2 starting attack, a pretty good goalie and 2 very good close D (1 was a junior, but apparently left early). Q’Pac loses Quomo, Fletcher and Frost as well as 2 starting at D. Both have relatively new coaches, but I think they’re pretty good. Detroit doesn’t seem to lose a lot - other than VanGalen and 1 D man, but they never seem to get over the top, and I’m not sold on their coaching. Siena loses quite a bit too, including 2 attack, a middie, a D man and a goalie; too early to tell on their coaching. Monmouth doesn’t lose much, other than Figel at attack, but their offense was dreadful this year and they need a lot of help. Solid coaching. Manhattan was better this year, but they lose their best player so we will have to see if they can continue to progress. St. B. was almost all freshman and they did about as expected. I am not as high on Mearns as some others. Regardless, they will not contend next year. All this being said, the MAAC is usually tight and full of surprises and a couple of newcomers or transfers can make a huge difference. We shall see.
redfoxalum

Post by redfoxalum »

Incoming Siena freshman Colin Gleason from Massapequa had 6 goals in a NY Class A semifinal vs. Mamaroneck in a 14-9 game, including a btb and some other athletic goals. Very nice player who should immediately help the Saints' offense which loses its top 2 scorers. Don't get why Svec never brought in Long Island players given Brecht's successes there but it appears it will be an area of focus for Liam Gleason who is from LI. Should be a positive development for the program going forward.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

redfoxalum wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:31 pm Incoming Siena freshman Colin Gleason from Massapequa had 6 goals in a NY Class A semifinal vs. Mamaroneck in a 14-9 game, including a btb and some other athletic goals. Very nice player who should immediately help the Saints' offense which loses its top 2 scorers. Don't get why Svec never brought in Long Island players given Brecht's successes there but it appears it will be an area of focus for Liam Gleason who is from LI. Should be a positive development for the program going forward.
Goals is third on the list of Siena concerns, preceded by goalie play and face-offs.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:31 pm
redfoxalum wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:31 pm Incoming Siena freshman Colin Gleason from Massapequa had 6 goals in a NY Class A semifinal vs. Mamaroneck in a 14-9 game, including a btb and some other athletic goals. Very nice player who should immediately help the Saints' offense which loses its top 2 scorers. Don't get why Svec never brought in Long Island players given Brecht's successes there but it appears it will be an area of focus for Liam Gleason who is from LI. Should be a positive development for the program going forward.
Goals is third on the list of Siena concerns, preceded by goalie play and face-offs.
That could be true but Siena not recruiting LI these past number of years is crazy. Wilkinson has dominated LI recruiting as far as the MAAC is concerned and his record speaks for itself
Sticksup

Post by Sticksup »

I think you are 100 % spot on. You need to recruit LI heavily if you want to win championships. Great players all over the country but many hidden gems that go overlooked by bigger schools up for grabs on long island. That's where I'd spend most of my time.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”