Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Orange Duce

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 3:18 am
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:42 pm
Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:29 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:21 pm
Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:45 am
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:37 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:28 am
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:22 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:06 amWonder what Old Saltine has to say about General Kelly now?
Same thing I said the last few times you beat this dead horse.
Look it up if you're curious, rather than making up something that you can't document.
So, you agree with his stated opinion

More Hitler-like Generals like Mike Flynn, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Show my words saying that I agree with Trump on this or just STFU.
Agreeing with some of his decisions & policies does not mean I agree with everything he has said or done.
As I've said multiple times before, I'll never vote for or contribute to Trump.
If Trump loses, it will be largely due to his saying stuff like this, ...none of which he actually followed through on in his first term.
Goldberg's unnamed sources are worthless.
Go back to obsessing about what he said about Arnold Palmer.
I'll be happy to comply when you finally STFU as well and telling us you don't support the moron while defending him ad infinitum.

Wasn't only talking about Goldberg's sources. General Kelly just went on the record with NYT. Did you miss that? Ever consider that he didn't follow through first term because of folks like Kelly, Mattis and Esper?
I say again you moron. Goldberg's unnamed sources (who don't have the guts to go on the record) are worthless.

This is not the first time that Gen Kelly's recollections have been quoted. Old news. Gen Kelly was obviously offended & alarmed by Trump's hyperbolic rhetoric. Thanks to Gen Kelly (& other's who took abuse for serving in the Trump admin), it remained nothing more than bluster, said in frustration.
Mattis, Esper, Milley & even lame duck acting SecDef Miller, made it clear that the military would not carry out unlawful orders & that they'd follow the Constitution. Neither would Obrien, Pompeo, Sessions, Barr, or any acting AG. I judge Trump by what he did, not by what he says.

This is all just hyped, hysterical politicized reaction to Trump's outrageous rhetoric.
This is politics merging with pro wrestling showmanship. ...bread & circus.
Well you are certainly qualified to discuss morons being one yourself.
NYT has General Kelly on tape - splurge (or use your free access) and listen to what he said. Then remove your head from your a** and wake up. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I'm currently a NYT subscriber & have heard the relevant Kelly recordings on NPR & elsewhere.
Old news --Goldberg has been quoting him for months.
IF Trump is elected (& I do not think he will be), I'm confident that our Constitutional guard rails will hold, thanks to Patriots like Gen Kelly who will choose to serve. None of Trump's bluster alarms me as much as the IC leaks, political sabotage, & lawfare that Trump's opponents engaged in to undermine his Presidency.
... you are a fool!!!
It has become more apparent. He couldn’t hide it from me with nomenclature and a little Naval Academy spit shine.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 6:51 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:06 amWonder what Old Saltine has to say about General Kelly now?
Look it up if you're curious, rather than making up something that you can't document.

More Hitler-like Generals like Mike Flynn, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Agreeing with some of his decisions & policies does not mean I agree with everything he has said or done.
If Trump loses, it will be largely due to his saying stuff like this, ...none of which he actually followed through on in his first term.
I'll be happy to comply when you finally STFU as well and telling us you don't support the moron while defending him ad infinitum.

Wasn't only talking about Goldberg's sources. General Kelly just went on the record with NYT. Did you miss that? Ever consider that he didn't follow through first term because of folks like Kelly, Mattis and Esper?
I say again you moron. Goldberg's unnamed sources (who don't have the guts to go on the record) are worthless.

This is not the first time that Gen Kelly's recollections have been quoted. Old news. Gen Kelly was obviously offended & alarmed by Trump's hyperbolic rhetoric. Thanks to Gen Kelly (& other's who took abuse for serving in the Trump admin), it remained nothing more than bluster, said in frustration.
Mattis, Esper, Milley & even lame duck acting SecDef Miller, made it clear that the military would not carry out unlawful orders & that they'd follow the Constitution. Neither would Obrien, Pompeo, Sessions, Barr, or any acting AG. I judge Trump by what he did, not by what he says.

This is all just hyped, hysterical politicized reaction to Trump's outrageous rhetoric.
This is a post of a toadying apologist, trying to gain just enough distance from a proto-fascist to make himself look somehow independent.
Or perhaps like myself, he wants the failed Biden/Harris admin to be defeated and an end to the 4 yr disastrous policy outcomes they've produced, across the board, only to be left with Trump as the alternative. It's a dubious position to be in but an honest one. I'm not some sort of enemy here seacoaster. You and others can't understand nor accept that difficult position because the hate and fear of Trump you're consumed with obscures all else.
"...alarmed by Trump's hyperbolic rhetoric...." "...all just hyped, hysterical politicized reaction...." These are the very sorts of comments and brush-offs that allow for that sort of rhetoric, given comfort to those who would say these things.

And Kelly and Mattis and Esper will not be around when the newly immunized President takes office. You really are as malignant and narrow minded and short sighted as most of us here think.

Kelly says these were Trump's words and musings. He went on record with a serious journalist who recorded Kelly's words with his consent. No one here or elsewhere made them up. So tech trots out a cartoon, and Old Salsa provides the near "oh, he was just joking" narrative. Father Coughlin and Oswald Mosely loved guys like you.
tech "trots out a cartoon" as push back and mockery, on what is IMO, the hyperbolic lie that Trump = Hitler. Of course this has been dropped now (yes, "resurrected") in order to rally the D base in what currently appears to be a losing effort.
Last edited by tech37 on Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Lots of short memories around here - as bad you claim things are today they weren't so hot back in 2020 after four years of Orange Fatso either. In fact, they likely were WORSE.

...and now we have to deal with the Daddy's home BS on top of everything else. Sounds like kindergarten - when do we all get a nap and to make jelly? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

tech37 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:07 amhe wants the failed Biden/Harris admin to be defeated and an end to the 4 yr disastrous policy outcomes they've produced, across the board, only to be left with Trump as the alternative. It's a dubious position to be in but an honest one. I'm not some sort of enemy here seacoaster. You and others can't understand nor accept that difficult position because the hate and fear of Trump you're consumed with obscures all else.
"Failing...across the board"?? The CHIPS Act is in the process of revitalizing American manufacturing. Gun legislation has energized the possibility of a safer America. Inflation is falling. Unemployment is falling. The Stock Market is ROARING. Have you seen the price of gas lately? A big, effective Infrastructure bill that has even red state congressmen glowing about it. A big, serious attempt at Immigration reform that involved a LOT of compromise with VERY conservative members of Congress. Brushing all these things off seem to manifest YOUR fear and hatred of anything "liberal". It's a shame. The MAGA conservative view of what is "good for America" right now is what many of us "fear and hate", tech. ...and remember, character USED to matter to folks like you. That you people can totally look past the character issue now is just, well, deplorable.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
tech37

Post by tech37 »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:29 am
tech37 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:07 amhe wants the failed Biden/Harris admin to be defeated and an end to the 4 yr disastrous policy outcomes they've produced, across the board, only to be left with Trump as the alternative. It's a dubious position to be in but an honest one. I'm not some sort of enemy here seacoaster. You and others can't understand nor accept that difficult position because the hate and fear of Trump you're consumed with obscures all else.
"Failing...across the board"?? The CHIPS Act is in the process of revitalizing American manufacturing. Gun legislation has energized the possibility of a safer America. Inflation is falling. Unemployment is falling. The Stock Market is ROARING. Have you seen the price of gas lately? A big, effective Infrastructure bill that has even red state congressmen glowing about it. A big, serious attempt at Immigration reform that involved a LOT of compromise with VERY conservative members of Congress. Brushing all these things off seem to manifest YOUR fear and hatred of anything "liberal". It's a shame. The MAGA conservative view of what is "good for America" right now is what many of us "fear and hate", tech. ...and remember, character USED to matter to folks like you. That you people can totally look past the character issue now is just, well, deplorable.

Ha! Right...because the Ds and Biden/Harris admin have simply exemplified such "character" these past 4 yrs. :roll:

Don't fret dissss... you're phony actor candidate might still win.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:40 am

Ha! Right...because the Ds and Biden/Harris admin have simply exemplified such "character" these past 4 yrs. :roll:

Deplorable is right.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:02 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 5:59 pm Image
Trump is the guy that wants his Generals loyal like Hitler’s. Those are apparently his words not anyone here….so you are pro Hitler too?
"you sound stupid"... I'm pro-truth, what are you?
I have not forgotten…. What does your image have to do with Trump saying he wants his Generals to be like Hitler’s generals?….be truthful…
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Dislaxxic pretty much owned you here. And your comeback is an eyeroll emoji. For worse and better, the Biden-Harris administration has governed; they have tried legislative experiments that Americans used to expect from political leadership, some of which fail and some of which succeed. And by and large, if history is written accurately, the Biden presidency will be understood as successful and consequential, in an era when "bipartisan" is the dirtiest word in the GOP lexicon.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

tech37 wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:07 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 6:51 am

This is a post of a toadying apologist, trying to gain just enough distance from a proto-fascist to make himself look somehow independent.
Or perhaps like myself, he wants the failed Biden/Harris admin to be defeated and an end to the 4 yr disastrous policy outcomes they've produced, across the board, only to be left with Trump as the alternative. It's a dubious position to be in but an honest one. I'm not some sort of enemy here seacoaster. You and others can't understand nor accept that difficult position because the hate and fear of Trump you're consumed with obscures all else.
"...alarmed by Trump's hyperbolic rhetoric...." "...all just hyped, hysterical politicized reaction...." These are the very sorts of comments and brush-offs that allow for that sort of rhetoric, given comfort to those who would say these things.

And Kelly and Mattis and Esper will not be around when the newly immunized President takes office. You really are as malignant and narrow minded and short sighted as most of us here think.

Kelly says these were Trump's words and musings. He went on record with a serious journalist who recorded Kelly's words with his consent. No one here or elsewhere made them up. So tech trots out a cartoon, and Old Salsa provides the near "oh, he was just joking" narrative. Father Coughlin and Oswald Mosely loved guys like you.
tech "trots out a cartoon" as push back and mockery, on what is IMO, the hyperbolic lie that Trump = Hitler. Of course this has been dropped now (yes, "resurrected") in order to rally the D base in what currently appears to be a losing effort.
I'd politely suggest you read the Ezra Klein podcast transcript -- or better yet, listen to the podcast -- about Trump. The salient point Klein makes is summed up in this one sentence: "Trump’s disinhibition is yoked to a malignancy at his core." But it is worth a full listen.

You and others always seem to suggest that I and others are victims of this irrational "TDS," a shorthand way of dispensing with whatever warnings are out there about Trump. A series of decorated military leaders, including a Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, two Secretaries of Defense, and several WH Chiefs of Staff appear to have joined our so-called "derangement," only their opinions are, as it were, from the front lines and close, close observation and interaction. So Mark Milley must be an hysteric.

I am altogether happy to confess that, while not "afraid" of Trump (for heaven's sake, I am a white, upper middle class, large firm lawyer -- I think I'll be OK in a second Trump Administration), I am concerned at the contorting and corrosive effect he has on the constitutional order, particularly in a second administration in which the Supreme Court has indicated that an extraordinarily wide swath of his actions and conduct are immunized from the ordinary course and application of the rule of law. But sure, I'm deranged.

You guys are, sadly, the result of a permission structure that his corrosive leadership of the GOP has created, opened, widened and uses to diminish cherished institutions and whole groups of people. It is unthinkably sad to see.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

The best characterization of the Orange Fatso effect I have heard is that his continuous bad/profane behavior/language essentially makes it acceptable to be an a-hole.

On the premise that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - it seems to be working like a charm. :oops:
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Kismet wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 9:46 am The best characterization of the Orange Fatso effect I have heard is that his continuous bad/profane behavior/language essentially makes it acceptable to be an a-hole.

On the premise that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - it seems to be working like a charm. :oops:
My take is different. It’s not that the followers are imitating. They’ve always been like him, it’s just that now it’s acceptable for them to not have to hide it.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 10:24 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 9:46 am The best characterization of the Orange Fatso effect I have heard is that his continuous bad/profane behavior/language essentially makes it acceptable to be an a-hole.

My take is different. It’s not that the followers are imitating. They’ve always been like him, it’s just that now it’s acceptable for them to not have to hide it.
Exactly. Dumper didn't "create" these people, he gave them license to publicly display these traits. I've long suspected that the ranks are legion, and these past few years have illustrated that point.

What concerns me most is their complete ignorance of civil society and the tolerance of others that allows a semblance of cooperation necessary for the basic functions of government. That, and a large domestic supply of firearms gives me great pause.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 10:24 am

Exactly; he created the permission structure and cover for them to climb on out of the undereducated underworld. I share PizzaSnake's concern about their ignorance of, I might say disdain for, civil society and the erstwhile norms that seemed to govern us.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Hang on, I truly don’t understand unless you are merely trolling.

First, while there’s never going to be perfect “character”, are you suggesting that there is remotely equivalent character issues with the Ds and Biden/ Harris administration versus Trump’s character? If you truly think so, then we really can’t have a reasonable discussion on anything else.

Second, while I can find things that I think the Biden Administration should have done differently in retrospect and am happy to discuss such, the characterization as disastrous policy outcomes, across the board, is at a minimum hyperbolic and I’m just not seeing how any comparisons between October 2020 and October 2024 are not favorable to 2024.

Hugely better situation than 2020 on almost any basis. Whether compared directly to the economic situation of 4 years ago or in comparison economically to any other major country, whether ally or adversary, the US is in far better shape economically. Employment, strategic technology, manufacturing, infrastructure, all gangbusters versus Oct 2020, and pre pandemic as well. Outperforming all peer economies in inflation and growth, whether ally or adversary.

Same for military capacity relative to any adversary…these are not unrelated of course, but our military capability has strengthened relative to potential foes.

That doesn’t mean that our adversaries in the world are not actively engaged in creating traumas, as they definitely are. Very dangerous world and our relative strength doesn’t eliminate that reality.

Domestically we’ve seen a reduction in violent crime versus 2020 and 2021 burst of crime, though far from where we’d like it to be. But right direction versus October 2020.

Immigration has not actually damaged our economy, employment , or caused increases in crime, but the lack of a sense of control is a legitimate issue that I think the Biden administration could have handled better. As much as I think the MAGA GOP has voided any credibility of their own, I think the Biden Administration could have done more sooner. I think they thought they could get real reform legislation through, compromising as needed, but real reform. But they were wrong. If they win, though, there’s a solid chance that legislation comparable to where they were last fall will get done. MAGA needs to lose electorally first.

So, where’s the disaster??
Typical Lax Dad

An absolute disaster under Biden.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c8xl5vnlzpwo
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

FINALLY, a fitting statue on the National Mall for MAGA Jan 6th terrorists:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bronze-t ... 89e7dc10af

"This memorial honors the brave men and women who broke into the United States Capitol on January 6, 2021 to loot, urinate and defecate throughout those hallowed halls in order to overturn an election.

President Trump celebrates these heroes of January 6th as “unbelievable patriots” and “warriors.” This monument stands as testament to their daring sacrifice and lasting legacy."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

CU88a wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2024 3:01 pm FINALLY, a fitting statue on the National Mall for MAGA Jan 6th terrorists:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/bronze-t ... 89e7dc10af

"This memorial honors the brave men and women who broke into the United States Capitol on January 6, 2021 to loot, urinate and defecate throughout those hallowed halls in order to overturn an election.

President Trump celebrates these heroes of January 6th as “unbelievable patriots” and “warriors.” This monument stands as testament to their daring sacrifice and lasting legacy."

Idiot-In-Chief calls it a day of "love".

NONE DARE CALL IT TREASON
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

One and the same. Nothing but hate and treason.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://www.reddit.com/r/AIArtwork/comm ... mcdonalds/

tRump "working" at McDonald's --- disastrous just like his regime in the White House

Return to “POLITICS”