Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: Orange Duce

Post by ggait »

There is also Trump’s expressed desire go have generals like Hitler’s generals.
Trump apparently uninformed about all the assissination attempts those generals made against the Fuhrer.

Guess he didn't see Tom Cruise in the "Valkyrie" movie?

What a total forking moron.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Olderbarndog

Post by Olderbarndog »

The dude makes " Idiocracy" look like a documentary. There's a Maya Rudolph connection there. Just saying.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

ggait wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 5:20 pm
There is also Trump’s expressed desire go have generals like Hitler’s generals.
Trump apparently uninformed about all the assissination attempts those generals made against the Fuhrer.

Guess he didn't see Tom Cruise in the "Valkyrie" movie?

What a total forking moron.
Old Salt, YA, C&S, Kram, Tech, Petey, Lager and people like them can bring themselves to criticize Trump, or so it seems to me based on their posting history, in my opinion and with all due respect.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 5:59 pm Image
Trump is the guy that wants his Generals loyal like Hitler’s. Those are apparently his words not anyone here….so you are pro Hitler too?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 235140921/

I never realized Old Salt, YA, C&S, Tech, Kram, Petey and Lager worked for Fox.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:02 pm
Trump is the guy that wants his Generals loyal like Hitler’s. Those are apparently his words not anyone here….so you are pro Hitler too?
"you sound stupid"... I'm pro-truth, what are you?
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 6:02 pm
"you sound stupid"... I'm pro-truth, what are you?
What does your image have to do with Trump saying he wants his Generals to be like Hitler’s generals?….be truthful…
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:45 am
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:37 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:28 am
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:22 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:06 amWonder what Old Saltine has to say about General Kelly now?
Same thing I said the last few times you beat this dead horse.
Look it up if you're curious, rather than making up something that you can't document.
So, you agree with his stated opinion

More Hitler-like Generals like Mike Flynn, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Show my words saying that I agree with Trump on this or just STFU.
Agreeing with some of his decisions & policies does not mean I agree with everything he has said or done.
As I've said multiple times before, I'll never vote for or contribute to Trump.
If Trump loses, it will be largely due to his saying stuff like this, ...none of which he actually followed through on in his first term.
Goldberg's unnamed sources are worthless.
Go back to obsessing about what he said about Arnold Palmer.
I'll be happy to comply when you finally STFU as well and telling us you don't support the moron while defending him ad infinitum.

Wasn't only talking about Goldberg's sources. General Kelly just went on the record with NYT. Did you miss that? Ever consider that he didn't follow through first term because of folks like Kelly, Mattis and Esper?
I say again you moron. Goldberg's unnamed sources (who don't have the guts to go on the record) are worthless.

This is not the first time that Gen Kelly's recollections have been quoted. Old news. Gen Kelly was obviously offended & alarmed by Trump's hyperbolic rhetoric. Thanks to Gen Kelly (& other's who took abuse for serving in the Trump admin), it remained nothing more than bluster, said in frustration.
Mattis, Esper, Milley & even lame duck acting SecDef Miller, made it clear that the military would not carry out unlawful orders & that they'd follow the Constitution. Neither would Obrien, Pompeo, Sessions, Barr, or any acting AG. I judge Trump by what he did, not by what he says.

This is all just hyped, hysterical politicized reaction to Trump's outrageous rhetoric.
This is politics merging with pro wrestling showmanship. ...bread & circus.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:21 pm
Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 8:06 amWonder what Old Saltine has to say about General Kelly now?
Look it up if you're curious, rather than making up something that you can't document.

More Hitler-like Generals like Mike Flynn, huh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Agreeing with some of his decisions & policies does not mean I agree with everything he has said or done.
If Trump loses, it will be largely due to his saying stuff like this, ...none of which he actually followed through on in his first term.
I'll be happy to comply when you finally STFU as well and telling us you don't support the moron while defending him ad infinitum.

Wasn't only talking about Goldberg's sources. General Kelly just went on the record with NYT. Did you miss that? Ever consider that he didn't follow through first term because of folks like Kelly, Mattis and Esper?
I say again you moron. Goldberg's unnamed sources (who don't have the guts to go on the record) are worthless.

This is not the first time that Gen Kelly's recollections have been quoted. Old news. Gen Kelly was obviously offended & alarmed by Trump's hyperbolic rhetoric. Thanks to Gen Kelly (& other's who took abuse for serving in the Trump admin), it remained nothing more than bluster, said in frustration.
Mattis, Esper, Milley & even lame duck acting SecDef Miller, made it clear that the military would not carry out unlawful orders & that they'd follow the Constitution. Neither would Obrien, Pompeo, Sessions, Barr, or any acting AG. I judge Trump by what he did, not by what he says.

This is all just hyped, hysterical politicized reaction to Trump's outrageous rhetoric.
Well you are certainly qualified to discuss morons being one yourself.
NYT has General Kelly on tape - splurge (or use your free access) and listen to what he said. Then remove your head from your a** and wake up. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
You spent months explaining why if he saw something he would say something....until he did just that and to you its now a nothingburger.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:29 pm

NYT has General Kelly on tape - splurge (or use your free access) and listen to what he said. Then remove your head from your a** and wake up. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I'm currently a NYT subscriber & have heard the relevant Kelly recordings on NPR & elsewhere.
Old news --Goldberg has been quoting him for months.
IF Trump is elected (& I do not think he will be), I'm confident that our Constitutional guard rails will hold, thanks to Patriots like Gen Kelly who will choose to serve. None of Trump's bluster alarms me as much as the IC leaks, political sabotage, & lawfare that Trump's opponents engaged in to undermine his Presidency.
Last edited by old salt on Wed Oct 23, 2024 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:42 pm

I'm currently a NYT subscriber & have heard the relevant Kelly recordings on NPR & elsewhere.
IF Trump is elected (& I do not think he will be), I'm confident that our Constitutional guard rails will hold, thanks to Patriots like Gen Kelly who will choose to serve. None of Trump's buster alarms me as much as the IC leaks, political sabotage, & lawfare that Trump's opponents engaged in to undermine his Presidency.
😂😂😂
“I wish you would!”
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Until it isn’t.

I know the majority of voters across the nation will vote to not risk that possibility. I hope the votes of enough people in battleground states are enough to offset the idiots in those states who think his rhetoric is entertaining. Or worse, think his rhetoric is how we should be governed.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

IMG_6529.jpeg
IMG_6529.jpeg (33.46 KiB) Viewed 161 times
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

tRump calls everyone who disagrees with him Nazis & commies.

Turns out he is the real modern day Hitler just like so many of his cult followers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TikTokCringe/c ... p_praises/
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Mick Foley on tRump:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TikTokCringe/c ... o_america/

Tell it like it is Brotha!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:42 pm

IF Trump is elected (& I do not think he will be), I'm confident that our Constitutional guard rails will hold, thanks to Patriots like Gen Kelly who will choose to serve. None of Trump's bluster alarms me as much as the IC leaks, political sabotage, & lawfare that Trump's opponents engaged in to undermine his Presidency.
... you are a fool!!!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

This is a post of a toadying apologist, trying to gain just enough distance from a proto-fascist to make himself look somehow independent. "...alarmed by Trump's hyperbolic rhetoric...." "...all just hyped, hysterical politicized reaction...." These are the very sorts of comments and brush-offs that allow for that sort of rhetoric, given comfort to those who would say these things.

And Kelly and Mattis and Esper will not be around when the newly immunized President takes office. You really are as malignant and narrow minded and short sighted as most of us here think.

Kelly says these were Trump's words and musings. He went on record with a serious journalist who recorded Kelly's words with his consent. No one here or elsewhere made them up. So tech trots out a cartoon, and Old Salsa provides the near "oh, he was just joking" narrative. Father Coughlin and Oswald Mosely loved guys like you.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2024 9:42 pmIF Trump is elected (& I do not think he will be), I'm confident that our Constitutional guard rails will hold, thanks to Patriots like Gen Kelly who will choose to serve. None of Trump's bluster alarms me as much as the IC leaks, political sabotage, & lawfare that Trump's opponents engaged in to undermine his Presidency.
Guardrails holding...that is a very thin piece of hope at this pivotal moment. The "leaks, sabotage and lawfare" WERE the guardrails holding up, Salty...that's the fatal flaw in your outrage over how Trump "was treated".

He very well MIGHT have:

Fired Patriot missiles at suspected Mexican drug labs,
Shot protesters in the legs,
Used tactical nuclear weapons,
Injected people with bleach,
Withheld disaster relief from Blue States,
Jailed and prosecuted political opponents and journalists,
Forced the 2020 election back to Congress,

...and much, MUCH more.

The guardrails held last time. In 2024, his closest allies have spent years plotting to eliminate guardrails this time.

Read Ezra Klein's entire NYT opinion piece on this subject, he really nails it. It's long, but really needs a read...however, you DO need a subscription to get the whole thing.
How many times have you felt insulted or wronged by someone and wanted to just unload on them in public? To go all out in annihilating your tormentor in every way you could? How many times in your work or your life have you believed something other people didn’t believe, something they thought was wrong or impolite or outdated or ridiculous, and you bit your tongue. You didn’t want to say it and be laughed at, mocked, dismissed, punished. But we hold ourselves back. Most of us do.

And so when I say this, I mean it: What Donald Trump has done is remarkable. It is historic. It is unique in the entire history of American politics. To run as an outsider to a political party and capture that political party totally. Break its fundamental consensus. Slander its previous standard-bearers. To then become president having never held elective office or served in the military, while saying things and doing things that, until you, everybody believed you could not do or say in politics. To achieve something unique, you must yourself be unique. Donald Trump is unique.

Over the years, I have interviewed I don’t know how many politicians. Talking to them is different from talking to anyone else. It’s why I don’t just fill this show with them. Politicians are inhibited. Before anything comes out of their mouth, they are running their response through this internal piece of software. Some of them are really good at it. Pete Buttigieg, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama — the software is so fast and efficient as to be almost seamless.

The politicians we sense to be inauthentic — it’s often that the software is slower and buggier. You can see the seams. You can watch the calculations happening in real time. But what that software is doing is inhibiting. It is running their words through a filter of what they shouldn’t say, given who they are and what they are doing and the weight their words carry. If your words move markets and launch missiles, you choose them carefully.

But there is something undeniably electric to watch someone unchained from the bundle of inhibitions the rest of us carry around. Watching someone just say it. There is something aspirational about it. What if I was without fear, without doubt? And if I can’t be without fear, if I can’t be without doubt, what if I could at least be led by somebody who was? Protected by somebody who was? Fought for by somebody who was?

It is Trump’s absence of inhibition that makes him a great entertainer. It is Trump’s absence of inhibition that makes him feel, to so many, like not a politician — the fact that he was already the U.S. president notwithstanding. It is why the people who want to be like him — the mini-Trumps, the Ron DeSantises and Blake Masterses and Ted Cruzes — can’t pull it off. What makes Trump Trump isn’t his views on immigration, though they are part of it. It’s the manic charisma born of his disinhibition.

It is his great strength. It is also his terrible flaw.
[snip]
Donald Trump is not cognitively fit to be president. The presidency is a position that requires an occupant able to act strategically and carefully. That Trump is not such a person is obvious if you watch the man. And so, for years, his supporters have said: Don’t watch the man. Don’t listen to what he says. Look at the results. But those results reflected the power and ability of others to check Trump, to inhibit him when he could not inhibit himself. It is not just the man who is now unfit; it is the people and institutions that surround him.

Here is one difference between Donald Trump and Joe Biden. The people who work most closely with Joe Biden, his top staff, have always said he is up to the job of the presidency. Fit cognitively. Fit morally. The people who worked most closely with Donald Trump, many of his cabinet secretaries, many of them now say he is not.

But to admit the obvious is to be excommunicated, to go from one of Trump’s amazing hires — he only brings on the best people — to one of his deranged enemies, a loser, someone he fired. And so he is now surrounded by yes-men and enablers, by opportunists and scam artists, by ideologues and foot soldiers.

What we saw on that stage in Pennsylvania, as Trump D.J.’d, was not Donald Trump frozen, paralyzed, uncertain. It was the people around him frozen, paralyzed, uncertain. He knew exactly where he was. He was doing exactly what he wanted to do. But there was no one there, or no one left, who could stop him.
Read the whole thing. It's also presented in a podcast.

Last edited by dislaxxic on Thu Oct 24, 2024 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”