AreaLax

Re: Navy 2025

Post by AreaLax »

Mitchell Pehlke inside look of Navy Lacrosse

https://youtu.be/DodlN40BkwE?si=1_MMEaTLvBVcwOkm
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

AreaLax wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:13 am Mitchell Pehlke inside look of Navy Lacrosse

Thanks for posting — really fun watch. Pehlke is talented.
Laxinmay

Post by Laxinmay »

The Orfling wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:38 pm
AreaLax wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:13 am Mitchell Pehlke inside look of Navy Lacrosse

Should we be talking about Final Fours before we get to a Pat League Championship game or a 1st round game. Lets have attainable goals.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Laxinmay wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:58 pm

Should we be talking about Final Fours before we get to a Pat League Championship game or a 1st round game. Lets have attainable goals.
Video is great. But Navy lost a lot going to be tough to make the top 6 in the PL. But it nice to dream about going back the
Final 4
Abr2016

Post by Abr2016 »

Turnandrake wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 5:28 pm
Laxinmay wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:58 pm

Video is great. But Navy lost a lot going to be tough to make the top 6 in the PL. But it nice to dream about going back the
Final 4
I think the PL is going to be way down this year. At least down from the past couple of years.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Abr2016

Post by Abr2016 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:00 pm Image
LeMoyne and Iona?
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Is this the year Navy, for the first time under Coach Amplo, wins at least ten games and at least gets to the title game of the conference tournament?
lorin

Post by lorin »

gymman1031 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:11 am Is this the year Navy, for the first time under Coach Amplo, wins at least ten games and at least gets to the title game of the conference tournament?
Not sure about that one they graduated a lot of their starters from last year,
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Abr2016 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2024 10:15 pm
LeMoyne and Iona?
It's a good thing when established programs want to help out the new teams but playing two new Division I teams might be overdoing the "grow the game" thing. I guess they figure playing JHU and Penn State gives enough heft to the out of conference schedule but it doesn't leave much margin for error if the Patriot League is a bit down (which could be true of every league that doesn't start with A and end in "CC").
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The Orfling wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:48 pm
LeMoyne and Iona?
It's a good thing when established programs want to help out the new teams but playing two new Division I teams might be overdoing the "grow the game" thing. I guess they figure playing JHU and Penn State gives enough heft to the out of conference schedule but it doesn't leave much margin for error if the Patriot League is a bit down (which could be true of every league that doesn't start with A and end in "CC").
Until the PL has 10 teams and splits in to two divisions, all that matters is winning the PL. This type of schedule is very similar to how Army has been, historically. With a couple/few OOC vs NJIT, Marist, Binghamton (when they were all middle/lower tier teams), with two higher end teams like Cuse and Rutgers. On a rare occasion, a team backs in like Navy in 16'.

IMO, the PL is is in their own, with so many teams, designated bye weeks...it limits schedule flexibility.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:31 am
The Orfling wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:48 pm
LeMoyne and Iona?
Until the PL has 10 teams and splits in to two divisions, all that matters is winning the PL. This type of schedule is very similar to how Army has been, historically. With a couple/few OOC vs NJIT, Marist, Binghamton (when they were all middle/lower tier teams), with two higher end teams like Cuse and Rutgers. On a rare occasion, a team backs in like Navy in 16'.

IMO, the PL is is in their own, with so many teams, designated bye weeks...it limits schedule flexibility.
The PL is fine and still a strong league. Just been hand cuff the last few years due COVID rules grad students not on an even playing field. Expect the league to bounce back and be stronger than ever.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Believe it or not, I think Holy Cross is going to be much better and surprise some people in 2025.
Asleep@theswitch

Post by Asleep@theswitch »

Any observations on scrimmage yesterday with Penn for anyone who went?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Lost Braveheart to start the scrimmage (hit goalie in the facemask on a shot), did I mention we like to shoot at the goalie...on multiple occasions, missing some key players, shooting warm-up drills were different but many players were not taking it seriously (just going through the motions), Orsen still screams ---- alot, defense was solid as they adapt to the new OC's style...gonna take some time to learn how to play more freely. It was clear when UPenn moved the ball quickly and skipped we were caught up in the jet wash. UPenn defense was robust, especially in transition slowing breaks down, in settled they could sit down on us and force us to beat them....but when we challenged them, they seemed slow to slide...which was when we showed a bit more success.

It was clear the OC's implementations are a work in progress. Which BTW, is now our ~6th OC in 9 years, to include RS....maybe we are trying to be like the Commanders and their QB history; so frustrating for the MIDS to never have a 4 year player reap the benefit of the same OC. I am optimistic they team will adapt to his style, which is yet to be fully seen but one I certainly agree with and have advocated for well over a decade. I truly hope he has full reign of the offensive side and shreds the defense in practices until they adapt and get even better.
~Livy

Laxinmay

Post by Laxinmay »

:o
Abr2016

Post by Abr2016 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 2:16 pm Lost Braveheart to start the scrimmage (hit goalie in the facemask on a shot), did I mention we like to shoot at the goalie...on multiple occasions, missing some key players, shooting warm-up drills were different but many players were not taking it seriously (just going through the motions), Orsen still screams ---- alot, defense was solid as they adapt to the new OC's style...gonna take some time to learn how to play more freely. It was clear when UPenn moved the ball quickly and skipped we were caught up in the jet wash. UPenn defense was robust, especially in transition slowing breaks down, in settled they could sit down on us and force us to beat them....but when we challenged them, they seemed slow to slide...which was when we showed a bit more success.

It was clear the OC's implementations are a work in progress. Which BTW, is now our ~6th OC in 9 years, to include RS....maybe we are trying to be like the Commanders and their QB history; so frustrating for the MIDS to never have a 4 year player reap the benefit of the same OC. I am optimistic they team will adapt to his style, which is yet to be fully seen but one I certainly agree with and have advocated for well over a decade. I truly hope he has full reign of the offensive side and shreds the defense in practices until they adapt and get even better.
Having that many OC’s does stink, but I think the reason for that is we haven’t been able to get the head coach right. If we did, some of them would have wanted to stay.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

OC excuses, really…this isn’t football. You need a couple guys that can dodge and shoot, or dodge and draw a slide and move the rock and get some off ball movement…everything else is window dressing to clear out slides.

John Wooden: Show me a good coach and I’ll show you good players…
kevin343

Post by kevin343 »

Scrimmage against Penn had some ups and downs. Missing key players and some casual warm-up vibes definitely affected the energy. But it’s good to hear the defense is adapting well to the new OC’s style.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Abr2016 wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 5:37 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 2:16 pm Lost Braveheart to start the scrimmage (hit goalie in the facemask on a shot), did I mention we like to shoot at the goalie...on multiple occasions, missing some key players, shooting warm-up drills were different but many players were not taking it seriously (just going through the motions), Orsen still screams ---- alot, defense was solid as they adapt to the new OC's style...gonna take some time to learn how to play more freely. It was clear when UPenn moved the ball quickly and skipped we were caught up in the jet wash. UPenn defense was robust, especially in transition slowing breaks down, in settled they could sit down on us and force us to beat them....but when we challenged them, they seemed slow to slide...which was when we showed a bit more success.

Having that many OC’s does stink, but I think the reason for that is we haven’t been able to get the head coach right. If we did, some of them would have wanted to stay.
Well Na y had the correct HC to start with iy them those wealthy older alums. GC caved so..,

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”