NCAC 2025

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ctlaxdad

Re: NCAC 2025

Post by ctlaxdad »

The annual Black/Red OWU Fall Scrimmage was good. Newcomers contributed and lots of returning contributors. I don't know if our freshman matchup with top 25 programs but certainly our big middie, and close D can play at this level as cna both goalies. The close D is listed at 6'1 215 and the middle looks to be about 6'4" 200+. Coach P is building the New England pipeline again.
Prepschoolkid

Post by Prepschoolkid »

Love that for OWU. If they can re establish that New England pipeline they had about a decade ago they will for sure get back to their old form and be taking games from both Kenyon and Denison.

Also for Denison fans if things dont go well this year in granville i will be selling #bringbackstew T shirts online. Limited edition drop
ctlaxdad

Post by ctlaxdad »

Denison will be fine. So maybe OWU finally beats them. The program will sustain. Curious to see how the addition of JCU adds to the mix.
Knoxcountyman

Post by Knoxcountyman »

Hey all, first time poster long time scroller.
Anyone have eyes on the Kenyon/jcu scrimmage from yesterday? This thread seems awfully concerned with the happenings in Granville, but that matchup seems like a pretty important part of the NCAC for years to come.
Best,
Knoxcountyman
TopperLax82

Post by TopperLax82 »

Knoxcountyman wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:32 pm Hey all, first time poster long time scroller.
Anyone have eyes on the Kenyon/jcu scrimmage from yesterday? This thread seems awfully concerned with the happenings in Granville, but that matchup seems like a pretty important part of the NCAC for years to come.
Best,
Knoxcountyman
Kenyon won 17-9 in 4 quarters, 20-11 in five. 11 goals by freshman, including 7 by one player.
Knoxcountyman

Post by Knoxcountyman »

TopperLax82 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:01 am
Knoxcountyman wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:32 pm Hey all, first time poster long time scroller.
Best,
Knoxcountyman
Kenyon won 17-9 in 4 quarters, 20-11 in five. 11 goals by freshman, including 7 by one player.
Wow. Great result for kenyon, especially with much of their junior class abroad. These seniors have been contributing since 22', excited to see what they have in store this spring.
Prepschoolkid

Post by Prepschoolkid »

Bilo

Post by Bilo »

Prepschoolkid wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:31 pm Wabash Hell Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=NOfOdfJGnbs
Fully expected this to be highlights from last season's Kenyon game ...
nylax323

Post by nylax323 »

Knoxcountyman wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:56 am
TopperLax82 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:01 am
Best,
Knoxcountyman
Wow. Great result for kenyon, especially with much of their junior class abroad. These seniors have been contributing since 22', excited to see what they have in store this spring.
I know it's fall ball but this is an impressive result considering 4/5 top scorers from last year are studying abroad. This team will be formidable come spring. Hearing Kenyon's freshman class in particular has some real difference makers.
Prepschoolkid

Post by Prepschoolkid »

How do you guys find this stuff out about fall ball? Do you have inside sources at the schools? Do you pay the kids off to give you the pre season scouting report? Do you go to the scrimmages and take notes for the forums?

Props to you guys for keeping us in the loop 8-)
Prepschoolkid

Post by Prepschoolkid »

#waybackwednesday to when this game actually meant something #showtimencac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESF8jbJ9ayY
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

I think its appropriate that you posted the 2010 OWU Denison film claiming that is when "the game actually mattered". It's appropriate because that 2010 game actually didn't matter for anything, that Denison team went 10-4, failed to win the NCAC and had losses to Wooster and Wittenberg. I say this cause even Caravana had sub-par season even deep into his coaching career.

I am one to think that Denison will be just fine. I think people need to take a step back and take a broader view of the program. The comparisons on this board are only to the teams from the 2016-2019, the best 4 year span in the history of the program by far.

When it comes down to it, its more about the players on the field than the coach on the sidelines. Those 2016-2019 teams had some of the best talent in the country. Talent equals wins. Koch will get his talent in and this program will begin to post some outstanding seasons.
Prepschoolkid

Post by Prepschoolkid »

MarionBarry wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:59 pm I think its appropriate that you posted the 2010 OWU Denison film claiming that is when "the game actually mattered". It's appropriate because that 2010 game actually didn't matter for anything, that Denison team went 10-4, failed to win the NCAC and had losses to Wooster and Wittenberg. I say this cause even Caravana had sub-par season even deep into his coaching career.

I am one to think that Denison will be just fine. I think people need to take a step back and take a broader view of the program. The comparisons on this board are only to the teams from the 2016-2019, the best 4 year span in the history of the program by far.

When it comes down to it, its more about the players on the field than the coach on the sidelines. Those 2016-2019 teams had some of the best talent in the country. Talent equals wins. Koch will get his talent in and this program will begin to post some outstanding seasons.
Is this your burner account Koch???? Only forums you post in are W&L and NCAC and seem to get offended every time Koch is questioned... my advice stick to your W&L forum if you cant take the heat. Better yet go back to W&L where Denison would hang 15 a year on your defense.
MarionBarry

Post by MarionBarry »

Prepschoolkid wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 1:46 pm
MarionBarry wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:59 pm I think its appropriate that you posted the 2010 OWU Denison film claiming that is when "the game actually mattered". It's appropriate because that 2010 game actually didn't matter for anything, that Denison team went 10-4, failed to win the NCAC and had losses to Wooster and Wittenberg. I say this cause even Caravana had sub-par season even deep into his coaching career.

Is this your burner account Koch???? Only forums you post in are W&L and NCAC and seem to get offended every time Koch is questioned... my advice stick to your W&L forum if you cant take the heat. Better yet go back to W&L where Denison would hang 15 a year on your defense.
Oh no! I've been made!

I actually consider myself a w&l hater and a denison/ncac fan.

Someone has to counter some of your arguments. I actually get a kick out of some of your comments and you certainly make the thread a more enjoyable read. You go on the offensive with some criticism and I'll go on the defensive with some counter arguments.

That's what forums fun. One person post an opinion, another posts a rebuttal.

I look forward to more of our back and forth.
Prepschoolkid

Post by Prepschoolkid »

MarionBarry wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 5:24 pm

Oh no! I've been made!

Someone has to counter some of your arguments. I actually get a kick out of some of your comments and you certainly make the thread a more enjoyable read. You go on the offensive with some criticism and I'll go on the defensive with some counter arguments.

Marion Barry you have just become my friend and enemy. excited for our banter to pick back up in the spring
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Prepschoolkid wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:08 pm

Oh no! I've been made!

Marion Barry you have just become my friend and enemy. excited for our banter to pick back up in the spring
It’s actually refreshing to see two guys on opposite sides of a point of view consciously deciding not to descend in to name calling and nasty comments. After all this forum should not be taken too seriously and should simply be a place where D3 lax enthusiasts can swap lax chat and not be personally attacked for a differing point of view. Debate and challenge… absolutely. The rest of it … we can all do without.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Ned - safe to say you've been a pretty good example of walking that walk as well.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
angryfisherman88

Post by angryfisherman88 »

Nosey Ned wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 8:00 pm
Prepschoolkid wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2024 6:08 pm

Oh no! I've been made!

It’s actually refreshing to see two guys on opposite sides of a point of view consciously deciding not to descend in to name calling and nasty comments. After all this forum should not be taken too seriously and should simply be a place where D3 lax enthusiasts can swap lax chat and not be personally attacked for a differing point of view. Debate and challenge… absolutely. The rest of it … we can all do without.
If only other people could operate in this same manor...

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”