York 2025

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Tacotruck

Re: York 2025

Post by Tacotruck »

It should be interesting to see how some things shake out in a couple of weeks. It appears that the transfers are fitting in well and should find a home in the regular rotation. But, questions remain at close when they played a sophomore during the Alumni game and a freshmanLSM took the first run, they seem to be 7-8 deep at pole, and I am sure that RK will not hesitate to move a pole down to close if they need to. Replacing VF at the faceoff X will be tricky but it will be interesting to see if they go with the hot hand or by committee. The Middies appear to have some size to them and they also appear to have some versatility as well and at attack will Townsend lock down that 3rd attack spot. Goalie has been there bug a boo the last 2 years as they have struggled to save the ball at better than 50%, I think the kid that finished last year was at like 42% that just won't cut it. It looks to be a three-man race
AbeFroeman

Post by AbeFroeman »

Tacotruck wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 11:50 am It should be interesting to see how some things shake out in a couple of weeks. It appears that the transfers are fitting in well and should find a home in the regular rotation. But, questions remain at close when they played a sophomore during the Alumni game and a freshmanLSM took the first run, they seem to be 7-8 deep at pole, and I am sure that RK will not hesitate to move a pole down to close if they need to. Replacing VF at the faceoff X will be tricky but it will be interesting to see if they go with the hot hand or by committee. The Middies appear to have some size to them and they also appear to have some versatility as well and at attack will Townsend lock down that 3rd attack spot. Goalie has been there bug a boo the last 2 years as they have struggled to save the ball at better than 50%, I think the kid that finished last year was at like 42% that just won't cut it. It looks to be a three-man race
a taco truck at york tailgates would be cool
OC410

Post by OC410 »

York had the goalie of the year two years ago. Bugaboo?
Tacotruck

Post by Tacotruck »

OC410 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2024 8:30 pm York had the goalie of the year two years ago. Bugaboo?
in the MAC after playing 1/2 a season and losing hi job last year. I would call that an issue.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Been reading posts on your site. I’m chalking off last season as an aberration . Sounds like there’s some talent coming to York that will help to get them back on track. W&L will start their season once again with York although being 2-8 over the last 10 games it might have been better to get a game beforehand. 3 days later it’s CNU. Hoping about 5 players who missed the end of last years season are all back in full force. Win or lose York is a great test to assess weaknesses and strengths. I anticipate York will be back to the NCAA tournament for its 9th appearance
MVPiccoli

Post by MVPiccoli »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2024 4:23 pm Been reading posts on your site. I’m chalking off last season as an aberration . Sounds like there’s some talent coming to York that will help to get them back on track. W&L will start their season once again with York although being 2-8 over the last 10 games it might have been better to get a game beforehand. 3 days later it’s CNU. Hoping about 5 players who missed the end of last years season are all back in full force. Win or lose York is a great test to assess weaknesses and strengths. I anticipate York will be back to the NCAA tournament for its 9th appearance
You know, a program's evolution is never a straight line. Child's has been on the cusp of an NC berth IMO, and sometimes a season like that allows you to self evaluate. Couldn't agree more. I'm aligning my investment of time this spring to YCP, CNU, and W&L. Love what each squad brings.
laxfanatic

Post by laxfanatic »

Why is York not in the Mustang Classic this year? Was it by choice or invitation?

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”