Boston College

D1 Womens Lacrosse
GratefulRed

Re: Boston College

Post by GratefulRed »

I was in attendance but had to get on the road. Will try to report out a little more detail this week. Dexter Southfield School facilities and hospitality were awesome. Actually a great day to play lax--cool and mostly calm. BC tailgate shows potential to be a top 5 power again this year.
laxfan2889

Post by laxfan2889 »

GratefulRed wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:22 pm I was in attendance but had to get on the road. Will try to report out a little more detail this week. Dexter Southfield School facilities and hospitality were awesome. Actually a great day to play lax--cool and mostly calm. BC tailgate shows potential to be a top 5 power again this year.
Sounds wonderful!! Do you have any guesses on the scores?
laxfanrs

Post by laxfanrs »

I really wonder how SB and BC went. I have always thought that would be a good regular season matchup, but I can’t remember the last time they have played.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

BC handles SB pretty easily. They were up 8-1 at one point. Just couldn’t match horses, but Joe will develop them into something gritty by mid season as always.

Harvard actually looked more athletic than SB. That game was a little tighter but BC was in control the whole way. The starters played for most of the SB game but subbed out more in the second half of the Harvard game.

The big three on offense looked absolutely dominant in every aspect. They scored in a variety of ways. Tape to tape skip passes were impressive. The frosh from New Canaan looked terrific. She will get lots of minutes immediately. The Brown transfer just adds to an embarrassment of riches.

Dolce and the defense looked good. Close D will be fine even if they don’t match the strength of last year’s crew.
laxfan2889

Post by laxfan2889 »

Can Opener wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:46 am BC handles SB pretty easily. They were up 8-1 at one point. Just couldn’t match horses, but Joe will develop them into something gritty by mid season as always.

Harvard actually looked more athletic than SB. That game was a little tighter but BC was in control the whole way. The starters played for most of the SB game but subbed out more in the second half of the Harvard game.

The big three on offense looked absolutely dominant in every aspect. They scored in a variety of ways. Tape to tape skip passes were impressive. The frosh from New Canaan looked terrific. She will get lots of minutes immediately. The Brown transfer just adds to an embarrassment of riches.

Dolce and the defense looked good. Close D will be fine even if they don’t match the strength of last year’s crew.
This is such an exciting update! Thank you so much for the thorough review. Would love to hear if you noticed any other freshman or even any of the transfers from Penn. who was on the draw circle?
laxfan2889

Post by laxfan2889 »

GratefulRed wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 10:22 pm I was in attendance but had to get on the road. Will try to report out a little more detail this week. Dexter Southfield School facilities and hospitality were awesome. Actually a great day to play lax--cool and mostly calm. BC tailgate shows potential to be a top 5 power again this year.
Looking forward to your update this week!
sully29

Post by sully29 »

laxfan2889 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 5:23 pm
Can Opener wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2024 9:46 am BC handles SB pretty easily. They were up 8-1 at one point. Just couldn’t match horses, but Joe will develop them into something gritty by mid season as always.

This is such an exciting update! Thank you so much for the thorough review. Would love to hear if you noticed any other freshman or even any of the transfers from Penn. who was on the draw circle?
First time poster, been lurking since last spring... Great stuff on here, and I look forward to Red's analysis.
Great atmosphere at Sunday's games. I saw the end of the SB game and the entire Harvard game. BC won the first 16-7 and beat Harvard 14-8 (I may be off by a goal or two).
  • Dolce was in goal vs SB, and English vs Harvard.
  • Herrod took most of the draws vs Harvard (didn't see any vs SB), though Morgan Smith took a few, and Rachel Clark took the last few.
  • Shea Baker, Devon Russell and Colasante got most of the reps on the circle, saw Themelis in there too. Baker and Colasante were all over the field, and both look primed to have even bigger roles this year.
  • Lots of people rotated in and out (except for attack, which primarily went with the big 4 - Davis, LoPinto, Clark, and Mia (transfer from Brown). They will be formidable, to say the least.
  • Molly Driscoll played quite a bit as well, and scored three quick ones in the third (they played 4 quarters, 20 minutes long, running time).
  • Lots of freshmen played with the "regulars" - Russell, Colarusso, Blake, Quinn stood out.
  • Wasn't as keyed in on the D, but Baker and Colasante were both playing a good amount, though I imagine Baker will be playing more middie in the spring. Morgan Smith out there a lot too. And noticed Lila Trussel was playing D (new position?).
  • Lots of BC alum there - Charlotte North, Ryan Smith, Hollie Schliecher, Julia Barry, to name a few.
  • Dexter Southfield was a great venue.
Roll Eags.
GratefulRed

Post by GratefulRed »

Welcome to the party, sully! You and CO nailed it--don’t really have much to add. Transfers fit right in, first-years mentioned looked capable of logging quality minutes and several upper classers (9 Kirk, 17 Trussell, 22 O’Connor) took advantage of their opportunities. No evidence of a championship hangover. I thought they played hard with good energy. Great start—next up vs Michigan @ Darien HS!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”