Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:56 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:25 am MD, didnt you recently just crap on Hogan, after being on his side for so long?
No, I said that I can’t support ANY GOP candidate for federal office until MAGA is thoroughly rejected by the Party. Too dangerous.

However, as a person who has consistently criticized Trump and the worst of MAGA, Hogan is one of the few prominent politicians I could support in a reincarnation of the GOP post MAGA. I could support Kemp or Dewine similarly. They have not totally destroyed their integrity in name of party.
Roger that, I could not recall what we were talking about when you mentioned him.
Hogan would be an influential member of the Senate & a moderating influence on the MAGA GOP.
It will take (R)'s like Hogan to get the GOP back to where MD wants it to be.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:25 am MD, didnt you recently just crap on Hogan, after being on his side for so long?
No, I said that I can’t support ANY GOP candidate for federal office until MAGA is thoroughly rejected by the Party. Too dangerous.

However, as a person who has consistently criticized Trump and the worst of MAGA, Hogan is one of the few prominent politicians I could support in a reincarnation of the GOP post MAGA. I could support Kemp or Dewine similarly. They have not totally destroyed their integrity in name of party.
Roger that, I could not recall what we were talking about when you mentioned him.
👍
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:47 pm

Hogan would be an influential member of the Senate & a moderating influence on the MAGA GOP.
It will take (R)'s like Hogan to get the GOP back to where MD wants it to be.
Yes, it will, but not this cycle. MAGA has control of the GOP and they need to lose power across the board for a bit before the worst actors are flushed out.

The MAGA base needs to learn that the demand to stop everything that Dems want to do means continuing losses. Only moderation and compromise deserve trust for governance responsibility.

Right now MAGA needs to not be trusted n control of the Senate. They simply can’t be trusted not to block Cj all appointments. And unfortunately for Hogan, he’s likely to lose because Democrats in Maryland understand that this cycle. Otherwise I’d prefer him to Alsobrooks.

The Dems will undoubtedly overreach with time and open the door for credible alternatives, but not until MAGA is flushed.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I wonder how many were immigrants or DEIs?

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/loc ... 450498007/
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

This just in, Springfield OH has arrested a man for killing geese. What's that, he's white? Nevermind. :lol:

https://x.com/stevanzetti/status/1841835234641207615

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

We can all feel good that this happened at a time when we all felt good about Red Blooded Americans committing acts of violence.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna175130
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Huh. Imagine this:

https://x.com/mazemoore/status/1845191160744247726

Also: let's remember, dude was deporter-in-chief... what was it, 3M illegals?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

tech37 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 7:51 am Huh. Imagine this:

The real question; what has changed their minds, this was the common sense view for decades? I suspect it is for a litany of reasons: population stability, tax revenue, cv19 revealed we need to be prepared for more independence in the market, escalate the problem to expedite the solution(s)....e-verify? I am not so sure I buy the "they all vote democratic theory".

What else?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Hang on, Democrats, including Biden, were prepared to pass and sign the most conservative legislation on immigration in 4 decades. Correct or incorrect?

Any chance it’s far more complicated than this false notion that Democrats want open borders?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 9:40 am Hang on, Democrats, including Biden, were prepared to pass and sign the most conservative legislation on immigration in 4 decades. Correct or incorrect?

Any chance it’s far more complicated than this false notion that Democrats want open borders?
What you can't explain is very simple. Biden created the disaster at the Southern border on day one of his presidency. So for 3 and a half years he did nothing absolutely nothing. So then the issue of his abysmal failure blows up in his face. Then miraculously in a presidential election year he advocates a half assed bipartisan solution. Why did he allow the problem to fester for 3 and a half years? What your hoping MD is that Americans are so stupid they will forget Bidens dumbassedness in exacerbating the problem will be forgotten.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 11:29 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 9:40 am Hang on, Democrats, including Biden, were prepared to pass and sign the most conservative legislation on immigration in 4 decades. Correct or incorrect?

What you can't explain is very simple. Biden created the disaster at the Southern border on day one of his presidency. So for 3 and a half years he did nothing absolutely nothing. So then the issue of his abysmal failure blows up in his face. Then miraculously in a presidential election year he advocates a half assed bipartisan solution. Why did he allow the problem to fester for 3 and a half years? What your hoping MD is that Americans are so stupid they will forget Bidens dumbassedness in exacerbating the problem will be forgotten.
Cradle, incessant shilling MAGA misinformation is just dumb.
Folks are tuning you out.
I don’t want to do so, but the lack of nuance is exhausting.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 8:12 am

The real question; what has changed their minds, this was the common sense view for decades? I suspect it is for a litany of reasons: population stability, tax revenue, cv19 revealed we need to be prepared for more independence in the market, escalate the problem to expedite the solution(s)....e-verify? I am not so sure I buy the "they all vote democratic theory".

What else?
Nothing. Nothing changed "their" minds.

Biden isn't the same thing as Obama. We got a new President. That's what changed.

And you could ask the same of Trump, and show HIS videos, claiming he'd fix our visa and immigration problems: what changed from when he campaigned on fixing the problem(s)?....then when he arrived, he didn't pass one single law, as I've pointed out over and over and over. What changed?

My answer is the one you guys don't like, so I'll leave that out...what do you two think changed with Trump from when he campaigned, to when he governed? Why didn't he pass any of his promised bills, or turn on his promised Everify and truly go after businesses who violated labor laws as promised? Why?

And remember fellas: no matter how hard you want it to be true, the MAJORITY of illegal immigrants that you all claim are burdening America come through via our airports and ports: VISA overstays. This has been true for a decade now, and NO ONE cares. Why? If we're so worried about a flood of people, why the heck aren't you guys talking about VISA overstays, which is a 6 to 4 bigger problem than the southern border?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 11:54 am

Yes.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I express my opinions the same way that you do. My opinion has nothing to do with anything you consider MAGA. I've been expressing my own opinions the same way for decades. Your comment was baseless and insulting. You may not agree with my opinion but it sure as hell wasn't based on any influence be it Democrat or Republican. FTR ..I could care less if anyone wants to tune me out. I don't say things by wetting my finger in the air to try and calculate the winds of public opinion. You of all people should understand that by now.. :roll: :roll:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 12:14 pm

Yes.
I express my opinions the same way that you do. I could care less normally what you think and I'm sure you feel the same way. I'm only glad I don't see the world of politics the same way you do. Everything Democrat = good. Everything Republican = bad. I've been around long enough on this earth to have equal contempt for both parties. I know I disappoint you because I don't criticize Republicans enough. No need for me to Johnny pile on the Rs. You and your friends on this forum do a bang up job of that already. I'll be the devils advocate and point out the many flaws that Democrats have. You jiggy wid dat?
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

FTR MD since you side stepped my question...now stay focused and concentrate. Why did Biden allow the southern border to hemorrhage illegals for 3 and a half years? Does it not sound rather silly that in an election year he suddenly had a come to Jesus moment? The reality is he made the problem a 100 times worse before he decided it needed a bipartisan solution. It had nothing to do about it becoming a campaign issue that suddenly reared up and bit him in his ass? :D
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 12:11 pm

What else?

Biden isn't the same thing as Obama. We got a new President. That's what changed.

And you could ask the same of Trump, and show HIS videos, claiming he'd fix our visa and immigration problems: what changed from when he campaigned on fixing the problem(s)?....then when he arrived, he didn't pass one single law, as I've pointed out over and over and over. What changed?

My answer is the one you guys don't like, so I'll leave that out...what do you two think changed with Trump from when he campaigned, to when he governed? Why didn't he pass any of his promised bills, or turn on his promised Everify and truly go after businesses who violated labor laws as promised? Why?

And remember fellas: no matter how hard you want it to be true, the MAJORITY of illegal immigrants that you all claim are burdening America come through via our airports and ports: VISA overstays. This has been true for a decade now, and NO ONE cares. Why? If we're so worried about a flood of people, why the heck aren't you guys talking about VISA overstays, which is a 6 to 4 bigger problem than the southern border?
So I propose a few questions and ideas on why, and your response is that ‘we don’t want it’, ‘show me what trump did’ , Trump didn’t pass legislation, trump didn’t turn on everify, and partisan talking points that ‘‘you guys’ don’t care about VISA overstays.

Great post to further dialogue when questions are posed. 😂
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Again, MAGA shills are exhausting.

This specific bit of misinformation has been thoroughly discussed over and over again. Just dumb to try to do it all over again with someone who refuses to acknowledge past discussions.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 1:44 pm

What else?

So I propose a few questions and ideas on why, and your response is....
My response to your "what changed their minds" was, and is, above. Biden isn't Obama. Answered your question clearly and directly. You want them to be the same? That's YOUR problem, not theirs.

You are on here CHOOSING to ignore my answer, and then ripping on me for asking YOU a question.

A question you won't answer, for the zillionth time. You ask for dialogue, and I give it to you. And when you don't like my answers or questions, you claim I'm the problem.

How about you start by: 1. acknowledging that I answered your question as clear as day, and, 2. answering my question: what changed Trump's mind that he didn't do what he said he'd do after getting elected? I have my answer, but I want to hear what YOUR answer is.

Please.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 1:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2024 1:44 pm

What else?

So I propose a few questions and ideas on why, and your response is....
My response to your "what changed their minds" was, and is, above. Biden isn't Obama. Answered your question clearly and directly. You want them to be the same? That's YOUR problem, not theirs.

You are on here CHOOSING to ignore my answer, and then ripping on me for asking YOU a question.

A question you won't answer, for the zillionth time. You ask for dialogue, and I give it to you. And when you don't like my answers or questions, you claim I'm the problem.

How about you start by: 1. acknowledging that I answered your question as clear as day, and, 2. answering my question: what changed Trump's mind that he didn't do what he said he'd do after getting elected? I have my answer, but I want to hear what YOUR answer is.

Please.
You literally said ‘We don’t want to here your answer’

I posed multiple reasons why they could have wanted to flood the border and you provided ZERO response, other than Biden is not theme. 😂😂😂 great dialogue and feedback.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”