Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: Israel and West Bank Settlements

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:35 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:16 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 7:12 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:20 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 4:02 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:50 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:20 pm What did Kamala mean by this quote from her, in the middle of the clip below?

"The work we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel or prompted by our advocacy of what needs to happen in the region"

Pretty clear to me. She is saying (1) Israel is our ally, and we are with them; and (2) we understand that there are people and constituencies in the region that also need help, and are working to temper Israel's conduct of the war. Totally reasonable and routine statement of American policy and interests in the region.
Clear to you and about 5 other people. It has more of the flavor of a typical Harris word salad. Gobbledygook defines it best. So you and MD lax fan are fluent in Kamalaese. Where and when did you learn it?? I'm asking for a friend.
What " work" was Kamala referring to in that quote? Is it possible for her to be more vague and obtuse. YA and I have the same question to ponder. What the eff was she talking about? Did the Harris people give you one of those word salad decoder rings? :D
If you are not voting, who cares?
I'll vote in some of our local elections. Your same premise holds true....who cares?? I don't expect any of the promises from the locals to be honored either. Your more correct than you realize. Who cares and why should anybody care? I refuse to vote for incompetent leadership under the premise I have some sort of obligation to do so. I would have voted for RFK Jr. For some silly reason the Democrats fought long and hard to keep him off the ballot in NYS. To quote you...." who cares " what right did RFK have to be on the ballot as a presidential candidate? It isn't like his old man was assassinated in his attempt? Wait...my bad, his old man was assassinated in his attempt to run for president. I forget about that sometimes... :roll:
Edited version of what she said......watch the clip I originally posted above around the 1:37 mark, which was her answer during the interview, now watch the newly posted full interview at the 2:08 minute mark with the edited version.

Right; not "word salad." Interesting you never use that for your Orange God, who speaks in riddles of irrelevancy and gibberish every day. She is reaffirming that Israel is our ally, even if there are disagreements with Israeli leadership about the conduct of the war. Simple as that.
What part of any of these posts shows shows even a remote favoritism towards Trump? The first was an inquiry, and notice I did not reply b/c I accepted the resposes. B/c what I originally heard, sounded like we had our thumb on the scale with this conflict. The second was a mere capture of two versions. And you somehow assign that to being pro-trump, enough already.

My point is why edit it or to show with certainty that even a group like 60 minutes can and does manipulate things presented to ALL OF US, yet you all would discount it if not presented the facts?

Why even edit it? To show her more favorably? And as you note, another word salad POTUS candidate. I actually appreciate the way she speaks at times...b/c it conveys a mind that is thinking much further ahead and processing all the information.
YA, there is no "word salad" in her remarks. None. She plainly and clearly indicates the Nation's continuing and inviolable support for the State of Israel, and expresses the reality that we cannot provide that ally caret blanche in respect to its conduct of the war. Simple, clear, reasonable. The question is why and on what basis you want to make this statement into an issue? All roads with you, YA, lead back to you at least tacitly supporting Orange BabyBoy, who you absolutely understand is too ill, too stupid, too incurious to be the Commander in Chief. Back America for once.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:03 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:20 pm What did Kamala mean by this quote from her, in the middle of the clip below?

"The work we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel or prompted by our advocacy of what needs to happen in the region"

Pretty clear to me. She is saying (1) Israel is our ally, and we are with them; and (2) we understand that there are people and constituencies in the region that also need help, and are working to temper Israel's conduct of the war. Totally reasonable and routine statement of American policy and interests in the region.
Clear to you and about 5 other people. It has more of the flavor of a typical Harris word salad. Gobbledygook defines it best. So you and MD lax fan are fluent in Kamalaese. Where and when did you learn it?? I'm asking for a friend.
What " work" was Kamala referring to in that quote? Is it possible for her to be more vague and obtuse. YA and I have the same question to ponder. What the eff was she talking about? Did the Harris people give you one of those word salad decoder rings? :D
I'll vote in some of our local elections. Your same premise holds true....who cares?? I don't expect any of the promises from the locals to be honored either. Your more correct than you realize. Who cares and why should anybody care? I refuse to vote for incompetent leadership under the premise I have some sort of obligation to do so. I would have voted for RFK Jr. For some silly reason the Democrats fought long and hard to keep him off the ballot in NYS. To quote you...." who cares " what right did RFK have to be on the ballot as a presidential candidate? It isn't like his old man was assassinated in his attempt? Wait...my bad, his old man was assassinated in his attempt to run for president. I forget about that sometimes... :roll:
Edited version of what she said......watch the clip I originally posted above around the 1:37 mark, which was her answer during the interview, now watch the newly posted full interview at the 2:08 minute mark with the edited version.

Right; not "word salad." Interesting you never use that for your Orange God, who speaks in riddles of irrelevancy and gibberish every day. She is reaffirming that Israel is our ally, even if there are disagreements with Israeli leadership about the conduct of the war. Simple as that.
What part of any of these posts shows shows even a remote favoritism towards Trump? The first was an inquiry, and notice I did not reply b/c I accepted the resposes. B/c what I originally heard, sounded like we had our thumb on the scale with this conflict. The second was a mere capture of two versions. And you somehow assign that to being pro-trump, enough already.

My point is why edit it or to show with certainty that even a group like 60 minutes can and does manipulate things presented to ALL OF US, yet you all would discount it if not presented the facts?

Why even edit it? To show her more favorably? And as you note, another word salad POTUS candidate. I actually appreciate the way she speaks at times...b/c it conveys a mind that is thinking much further ahead and processing all the information.
YA, there is no "word salad" in her remarks. None. She plainly and clearly indicates the Nation's continuing and inviolable support for the State of Israel, and expresses the reality that we cannot provide that ally caret blanche in respect to its conduct of the war. Simple, clear, reasonable. The question is why and on what basis you want to make this statement into an issue? All roads with you, YA, lead back to you at least tacitly supporting Orange BabyBoy, who you absolutely understand is too ill, too stupid, too incurious to be the Commander in Chief. Back America for once.
Why.....was precisely why I presented it here. I did not lay claim to anything, I was asking why edit it a day later after the original aired.

If your only goal is to throw barbs the other way at everything NOT (d) are you not acting the very same way you claim I am? No need to answer, b/c you'll find a way to justify why you and your 75ers can do it, while they tickle your balls to join in :lol: . And in TLD's instance its at me,....b/c for some reason he claims I am dead to him, but continues to address me...its kinda funny; you can come out of the closet now slick. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 10:55 am

Why.....was precisely why I presented it here. I did not lay claim to anything, I was asking why edit it a day later after the original aired.

If your only goal is to throw barbs the other way at everything NOT (d) are you not acting the very same way you claim I am? No need to answer, b/c you'll find a way to justify why you and your 75ers can do it, while they tickle your balls to join in :lol: . And in TLD's instance its at me,....b/c for some reason he claims I am dead to him, but continues to address me...its kinda funny; you can come out of the closet now slick. :lol:
I'm sorry you feel ganged up on here -- to the point where you have given other folks a moniker, the 75%, to boot! I "do it" because you consistently lead with conspiracies and bad information from bad or distorting sources. You post Harris's interview and ask, why was it edited? Ask CBS, I guess. The content was clear, unsurprising, and reasonable either way. Harris is a normal, perhaps largely unexceptional politician. Your guy -- the at least indirect beneficiary of all of your posts -- is a vulgar, lying charlatan who tried to stage a coup to cancel the votes of 81,000,000 of your fellow citizens. My only goal isn't to throw barbs; it is to combat your efforts at equivalence. Keep it up if you want; I'll be here.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

First, I think she’s quite easily understood in both pieces. Very challenging questions, which is as 60 Minutes should do(and why Trump chickened out), and she carefully, diplomatically answered them. This is very sensitive ground given international implications, not just campaign time. But easily understood though definitely not blunt.

Second, the second one was as edited by 60 Minutes for airing, not at all the full interview. They aired what they believed was newsworthy in her answers, not all of the discussion. Frankly, I found that irritating as I wanted to hear her full responses and they kept cutting away from what she was saying to jump to another question.

But they also put out longer clips of her responses…but time constraints on air.

I thought the most interesting was her avoidance of calling Netanyahu an ally…HE really isn’t, so she reemphasized the overall relationship independent of him. Apparently Biden is super blunt about him in private but he appropriately watches his tongue in public…but I believe Woodward’s reporting that he’s very po’d at Netanyahu.

I bet Harris likes him even less.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 12:46 pm

First, I think she’s quite easily understood in both pieces. Very challenging questions, which is as 60 Minutes should do(and why Trump chickened out), and she carefully, diplomatically answered them. This is very sensitive ground given international implications, not just campaign time. But easily understood though definitely not blunt.

Second, the second one was as edited by 60 Minutes for airing, not at all the full interview. They aired what they believed was newsworthy in her answers, not all of the discussion. Frankly, I found that irritating as I wanted to hear her full responses and they kept cutting away from what she was saying to jump to another question.

But they also put out longer clips of her responses…but time constraints on air.

I thought the most interesting was her avoidance of calling Netanyahu an ally…HE really isn’t, so she reemphasized the overall relationship independent of him. Apparently Biden is super blunt about him in private but he appropriately watches his tongue in public…but I believe Woodward’s reporting that he’s very po’d at Netanyahu.

I'm sure the feeling with Bibi is mutual. There is no way he will consider Harris an ally as well. Either way you look at it pretty stupid of Harris to insult the leader of Israel who at present is in a war to save the nation of Israel. I ask this question all of the time. None of the forum members here have the giblets to reply. When an adversary is well armed and constantly threatening to wipe your country off the face of the earth, how do you begin to negotiate with that threat as a baseline? I don't believe I have read any of you posters that loath Bibi to suggest Hamas and Hezbollah and Iran to dial down their rhetoric? Wouldn't that be a positive first step?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 1:18 pm

I'm sure the feeling with Bibi is mutual. There is no way he will consider Harris an ally as well. Either way you look at it pretty stupid of Harris to insult the leader of Israel who at present is in a war to save the nation of Israel. I ask this question all of the time. None of the forum members here have the giblets to reply. When an adversary is well armed and constantly threatening to wipe your country off the face of the earth, how do you begin to negotiate with that threat as a baseline? I don't believe I have read any of you posters that loath Bibi to suggest Hamas and Hezbollah and Iran to dial down their rhetoric? Wouldn't that be a positive first step?
Bibi voing more rogue in Lebanon,

https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2024/10 ... plans.html

Repeating myself. Israel has not wanted to share land with Arabs. The one leader who might have got it done was assassinated by a right wing settler. Isrsel has used settlers over the years to go where the government could not
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Tone down rhetoric? Absolutely. I don’t think you would find even the most anti-Netanyahu poster on here ok with rhetoric of extermination of Israel.

More importantly, reducing actual threat to Israeli citizens.

However, and this is the point, most all of us believe Netanyahu and the right wing make Israel less safe and more likely to lose the support of staunch allies than the alternative political opponents in Israel. Netanyahu and the right wing miserably failed on Oct 7, but more importantly, they had engineered a clearly apartheid society and police state that had lost the moral high ground. They had removed any hope of a two state solution in which Palestinians would no longer be second class citizens.

Netanyahu and the right wing are not the only path forward for Israel.

I disagree that signaling disagreement with this set of leaders, while unequivocally pledging support for Israel’s actual defense, is inappropriate much less stupid.

Moreover, our actions in support of Israel’s defense when Iran has actually attacked twice now makes clear that this pledge is real.

That said, I predict that if the political situation does not change in Israel and the slaughter of innocents continues, the American public will demand that we no longer provide offensive weapons to Israel. We will support defense only.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDLaxFan wrote:

"I disagree that signaling disagreement with this set of leaders, while unequivocally pledging support for Israel’s actual defense, is inappropriate much less stupid.

Moreover, our actions in support of Israel’s defense when Iran has actually attacked twice now makes clear that this pledge is real."

Completely agree. Our allies are not our spouses, to whom we owe everlasting and nearly blind fidelity. Harris is staking out a political and realpolitik position; we support Israel -- and have the bona fides to show it in aid, materiale and logistical support -- but the Netanyahu regime (widely disliked in Israel and hanging on, it is said, only because of the war) is not the only solution to the problem and may well be exacerbating it. None of that latter part is equivocating on the basic first part: we denounce any nation or organization or paramilitary operation that has as its mission the destruction of Israel.

And I could care less whether Benjamin Netanyahu "likes" or "gets along with" Kamala Harris.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 3:36 pm

Tone down rhetoric? Absolutely. I don’t think you would find even the most anti-Netanyahu poster on here ok with rhetoric of extermination of Israel.

More importantly, reducing actual threat to Israeli citizens.

However, and this is the point, most all of us believe Netanyahu and the right wing make Israel less safe and more likely to lose the support of staunch allies than the alternative political opponents in Israel. Netanyahu and the right wing miserably failed on Oct 7, but more importantly, they had engineered a clearly apartheid society and police state that had lost the moral high ground. They had removed any hope of a two state solution in which Palestinians would no longer be second class citizens.

Netanyahu and the right wing are not the only path forward for Israel.

I disagree that signaling disagreement with this set of leaders, while unequivocally pledging support for Israel’s actual defense, is inappropriate much less stupid.

Moreover, our actions in support of Israel’s defense when Iran has actually attacked twice now makes clear that this pledge is real.

That said, I predict that if the political situation does not change in Israel and the slaughter of innocents continues, the American public will demand that we no longer provide offensive weapons to Israel. We will support defense only.
Your skirting around the meat and potatoes of the issue. There has been zero inclination from Hamas, Hezbollah and Iran to back down from their stated goal of wiping Israel of the face of the earth 🌍 That being said why shouldn't Bibi take the threat at face value? He would be negligent for not doing so. I'll simplify for you. Your next door neighbor doesn't like you one bit. You have bitter arguments and he threatens to punch you in your nose. One day he makes good on his promise and punches you in your nose for no reason. What do you do? Do you negotiate with him ? So you come to the realization he wishes to do you bodily harm now and forever. You can negotiate with him till the cows come home. Or you come to the realization he will punch you in the nose again?

Once you accept that reality you can plan accordingly. In your case I wouldn't recommend negotiating, I don't believe your negotiating skills will do you much good.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Find it so very ironic that this all started with Israel having to deal with all of the forces looking for their annihilation to them now looking to the annihilation of all of their adversaries.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

For the reactionary, linear thinking, faux intellectuals sucking on the Palestinian teat: podcast called plain English contemplating the topic a great line for these cats: “one sides moral failing does not imbue the other sides moral virtue”. Hamas is legit at this stage and treated not like that. Been a year they’ve been running stuff.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/74aBt2 ... 1VrxVTY0oo
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 5:57 pm For the reactionary, linear thinking, faux intellectuals sucking on the Palestinian teat: podcast called plain English contemplating the topic a great line for these cats: “one sides moral failing does not imbue the other sides moral virtue”. Hamas is legit at this stage and treated not like that. Been a year they’ve been running stuff.

Correction: I found "The Ringer" site. What is the name of this episode?

I don't have nor will I obtain a Spotify account. However, since you recommend it, I'm curious as to who is saying what about this intractable issue the US is embroiled in. If you would offer a précis I would appreciate it.
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Wed Oct 09, 2024 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 4:38 pm Find it so very ironic that this all started with Israel having to deal with all of the forces looking for their annihilation to them now looking to the annihilation of all of their adversaries.
Are you referring to when they were slaves under Pharaoh and God called Moses to lead the enslaved Israelites to their promised land.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:37 pm
Kismet wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 4:38 pm Find it so very ironic that this all started with Israel having to deal with all of the forces looking for their annihilation to them now looking to the annihilation of all of their adversaries.
Are you referring to when they were slaves under Pharaoh and God called Moses to lead the enslaved Israelites to their promised land.
No and I don't see the relevance to the current situation. Perhaps you can elaborate further.

No golden idols in view or plagues. ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:30 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2024 5:57 pm For the reactionary, linear thinking, faux intellectuals sucking on the Palestinian teat: podcast called plain English contemplating the topic a great line for these cats: “one sides moral failing does not imbue the other sides moral virtue”. Hamas is legit at this stage and treated not like that. Been a year they’ve been running stuff.

Correction: I found "The Ringer" site. What is the name of this episode?

I don't have nor will I obtain a Spotify account. However, since you recommend it, I'm curious as to who is saying what about this intractable issue the US is embroiled in. If you would offer a précis I would appreciate it.
Sorry if blew the link it’s a show called Plain English hosted by a Derek Thompson.

This may help too

https://www.theringer.com/2024/10/4/242 ... ll-out-war

Imperfect but a good podcast IMO here’s me just crossing headers of recent topics or shows:

Plain English
Iranians Celebrate Iran’s Missile Attack Against Israel
Filed under:
Is the Middle East on the Verge of All-Out War?
By Derek Thompson October 4

Republican National Convention
Filed under:

The Surprising Science of Cynicism (Plus: The Policy Paradox of the 2024 Election)
By Derek Thompson September 27

Filed under:

A Sports Mystery: What Happened to the NFL Quarterback?
By Derek Thompson September 20
Paracetamol tablets
Filed under:

How AI Could Help Us Discover Miracle Drugs
By Derek Thompson September 13
Anti-vaccine protest in Oregon
Filed under:

The Psychology of Conspiracy Theories
By Derek Thompson September 6
Man lifting weights in gym. France.
Filed under:

“Exercise May Be the Single Most Potent Medical Intervention Ever Known”
By Derek Thompson August 30

Democratic Presidential Candidate Vice President Kamala Harris Holds Campaign Rally In Milwaukee
Filed under:

Democrats Are Euphoric. But This Election Is Much Closer Than They Think.
By Derek Thompson August 23

Filed under:

The Four Biggest Myths About Political Persuasion
By Derek Thompson August 16
Happy Face Button
Filed under:

How to Be Happy and the Science of Cognitive Time Travel
By Derek Thompson August 9
Markets Continue To Drop Sharply On Recent Economic Reports
Filed under:

Market Meltdown FAQ: Recession Fears, Global Stock Wipeout, and the Case for Calm
By Derek Thompson August 5
Auf Mobiltelefon wird SMS geschrieben
Filed under:

Why Are Robocalls So Hard to Stop? (Plus: Kamala and the Gender Wars.)
By Derek Thompson August 2
Milwaukee Draws Crowds Of Supporters And Protestors For The 2024 Republican National Convention
Filed under:

Why Are Conservatives Happier Than Progressives?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)

Return to “POLITICS”