media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: media matters

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:23 am
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:12 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:03 am Seacoaster - does this seem suspect to you? https://x.com/BrendanCarrFCC/status/1840760199801397549
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: More RightWingBS........ IHeartRadio ring a bell?

They own 4 FREAKING TIMES as many radio stations. Did you or this guy care...... or notice? You sure as sh*t didn't complain about it.

Wanna take a wild guess as to why this Carr guy is bringing this up? It's REAL hard to figure out......
I'm asking about FCC decision, not the purchase. Stop making everything about you, partisan, and a fight. My god.
You keep yelling at me to change.....YOU are the one who refuses to change his behavior, YA.

Stop posting from your right wing sources, and then acting shocked when the lies you're eating (I'm sorry, the "information" you're getting") is called out here

You REFUSE to do that, and then tell me that I'm the problem here.

How about take ten freaking seconds, and find a non-partisan source for your posts: you know, vet what you're reading so that you're confident that they aren't lying their *sses off for clicks. You want to make this nonpartisan?

STOP USING PARTISAN SOURCES, and then playing your game of "gee willikers guys, I'm just "asking questions".
a fan

Post by a fan »

Kismet wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:28 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:03 am Seacoaster - does this seem suspect to you? https://x.com/BrendanCarrFCC/status/1840760199801397549

They own 4 FREAKING TIMES as many radio stations. Did you or this guy care...... or notice? You sure as sh*t didn't complain about it.

Wanna take a wild guess as to why this Carr guy is bringing this up? It's REAL hard to figure out......
I'm asking about FCC decision, not the purchase. Stop making everything about you, partisan, and a fight. My god.
You could follow and use some of your own advice YA. :oops: :oops:
Thank you. YA...are you not noticing that SEVERAL posters keep mocking your partisan BS sources???

I'm not the problem here. Stop posting garbage, and do ten seconds of homework if you're bothered by something you read from your RightWingMedia.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:36 am

You keep yelling at me to change.....YOU are the one who refuses to change his behavior, YA.

Stop posting from your right wing sources, and then acting shocked when the lies you're eating (I'm sorry, the "information" you're getting") is called out here

How about take ten freaking seconds, and find a non-partisan source for your posts: you know, vet what you're reading so that you're confident that they aren't lying their *sses off for clicks. You want to make this nonpartisan?

STOP USING PARTISAN SOURCES, and then playing your game of "gee willikers guys, I'm just "asking questions".
Funny, seacoster understood my question perfectly and answered it without your typical barb throwing. my link also included a direct to the FCC.

So now, asking questions has to meet the approval of Afan...thanks goebels. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:39 am
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:36 am

Funny, seacoster understood my question perfectly and answered it without your typical barb throwing. my link also included a direct to the FCC.

So now, asking questions has to meet the approval of Afan...thanks goebels. ;) :lol:
You are WELCOME to do what you want. Always are.

You are telling me not to make everything a partisan fight. I'm OVERJOYED to do that. All I ask in return for YOUR REQUEST....stop citing BS rightwingsources, and I'm THRILLED to do as you ask.

How the heck is this not reasonable and fair??? Come on, man. Meet me in the middle.

And btw, the dogwhistle is "Soros"...that's why your knob-source posted about it. He knows racist twats will ALWAYS click on anything that has "Soros" in it. Please, pretend you don't know this.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:23 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:54 pm
OCanada wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:28 pm NYT

Endorses Harris. I am mildly surprised gjven the way they have fakled in their coversge of Trump.

This should not have a paywall. https://archive.ph/5vkQN
It's all about personal qualities, which should be the ONLY voting criteria this year - for any office on the ballot. The economy, the border, crime, foreign policy, etc., all should take a back seat. This isn't just about Trump, it's about any person on a ballot that's on the Trump Train. Sadly 35-40% of the voters think the same way as Trump. The rest of us need to show up in droves.
Exactly, that distills it to its essence.
I sat through 85 minutes of vice presidential debate to hear Vance's response to the "was the election valid" question. Get out those new ads, DNC. That's what this election is about.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 11:12 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:23 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 1:54 pm
OCanada wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:28 pm NYT

Endorses Harris. I am mildly surprised gjven the way they have fakled in their coversge of Trump.

This should not have a paywall. https://archive.ph/5vkQN
It's all about personal qualities, which should be the ONLY voting criteria this year - for any office on the ballot. The economy, the border, crime, foreign policy, etc., all should take a back seat. This isn't just about Trump, it's about any person on a ballot that's on the Trump Train. Sadly 35-40% of the voters think the same way as Trump. The rest of us need to show up in droves.
Exactly, that distills it to its essence.
I sat through 85 minutes of vice presidential debate to hear Vance's response to the "was the election valid" question. Get out those new ads, DNC. That's what this election is about.
I think the DNC and Harris/Walz was cutting the video relating to Vance's toadying to Trump into ads last night.

https://x.com/mattmfm/status/1841456402302206118
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

And shocker, after whining about Twitter bias for years when RightWIngAmerica thought it was run by "the other side"...

.....our new "Town Square Twitter" run by Musk.......and Musk shows up at a Trump rally, and no one bothers to show up here to complain.

Now how hard would FoxNation have been freaking out if the past twitter CEO showed up to stump for Biden? :lol: They'd FLIP OUT.

But when Musk shows up for Trump. They don't even notice. They "forget" how important fairness is to them. :roll:

Who here remembers when Republicans here laughed at us, and told us Trumpism was a flash in the pan, and that this way of thinking would go away in a matter of months, and the R party would return to normal.

Yeah, that was coming up on a decade ago. And Trumpism is getting worse by the day.

But sure, you guys are Sooper Serious about Free Speech and bias on Twitter. :roll:
Last edited by a fan on Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:05 pm And shocker, after whining about Twitter bias for years when RightWIngAmerica thought it was run by "the other side"...

.....our new "Town Square Twitter" run by Musk.......and Musk shows up at a Trump rally, and no one bothers to show up here to complain.

Now how hard would FoxNation have freaking out if the past twitter CEO showed up to stump for Biden? :lol: They'd FLIP OUT.

But when Musk shows up for Trump. They don't even notice. They "forget" how important fairness is to them. :roll:

Who here remembers when Republicans here laughed at us, and told us Trumpism was a flash in the pan, and that this way of thinking would go away in a matter of months, and the R party would return to normal.

Yeah, that was coming up on a decade ago. And Trumpism is getting worse by the day.

But sure, you guys are Sooper Serious about Free Speech and bias on Twitter. :roll:
All phonies.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:16 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:05 pm And shocker, after whining about Twitter bias for years when RightWIngAmerica thought it was run by "the other side"...

Now how hard would FoxNation have freaking out if the past twitter CEO showed up to stump for Biden? :lol: They'd FLIP OUT.

All phonies.
It's why I keep calling them "fake problems", and why I keep making fun of these "Trump told me I should care about this...." fake issues.

What's crazy isn't just that they're lying to us, and pretending that they care.......it's that they're lying to themselves. It's SO weird.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:56 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:16 pm

All phonies.
It's why I keep calling them "fake problems", and why I keep making fun of these "Trump told me I should care about this...." fake issues.

What's crazy isn't just that they're lying to us, and pretending that they care.......it's that they're lying to themselves. It's SO weird.
No censorship. A public square….the freaking CEO of a large media platform is stumping for a Presidential candidate at a campaign rally. More cult of personality. This is why Trump and Musk appeals to Old Salt, YA, C&S, Petey, Tech and people like them in my opinion and with all due respect. They can claim they don’t like it but they won’t criticize it…..

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/07/politics ... index.html
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Now how hard would FoxNation have been freaking out if the past twitter CEO showed up to stump for Biden? :lol: They'd FLIP OUT.

Not picking a fight here.....I think your comparison is a false equivalency.

~ It was clear to many, and further proven recently. that Dorsey was following intel from the Feds, just as was Zuckerberg and Google. Can that claim be made against Musk, that he is beholden to Fed persuasion? Seems quite the opposite......the new talking point by the Feds and Pols, is that Musk and Social media is far more dangerous, now that they were exposed and lost some control.

I get where you are coming from, though....it's his business he can do what he wants, Again, he is 'currently' not being seen as someone being strong-armed by the Feds.

That is, unless you want to be fitted for a tinfoil hat, and say its all a game and we are ALL just pawns in it.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:43 pm

~ It was clear to many, and further proven recently. that Dorsey was following intel from the Feds, just as was Zuckerberg and Google. Can that claim be made against Musk, that he is beholden to Fed persuasion? Seems quite the opposite......the new talking point by the Feds and Pols, is that Musk and Social media is far more dangerous, now that they were exposed and lost some control.

I get where you are coming from, though....it's his business he can do what he wants, Again, he is 'currently' not being seen as someone being strong-armed by the Feds.

That is, unless you want to be fitted for a tinfoil hat, and say its all a game and we are ALL just pawns in it.
Of course it doesn’t matter that the Feds never strong armed the social media companies. Right? Doesn’t matter, right?
Truth and facts don’t matter, just what people are told to ‘see’.

However you are correct about “intel” alerting them that Russian government sponsored groups were actively disseminating false information. Likewise, they let them know about the facts known and not known during a massive health crisis.

Oh the horror.

But we have a CEO who is not simply investing in personnel seeking to flag harmful, false information and those nefariously promoting such false information, but rather now a CEO who has not only dismantled efforts to flag falsehoods, but more, he himself is using his own massive following to promote scurrilous information repeatedly…and moreover he is actively financing and publicly supporting the campaign of the candidate who most epitomizes falsehoods as his campaign strategy.

Hate speech has dramatically increased on his platform as a result.

You are correct that it is not ‘equivalent’.

And a fan is right that it is a private company…with government provided protection from liability for damages they do.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:57 pm

Of course it doesn’t matter that the Feds never strong armed the social media companies. Right? Doesn’t matter, right?

However you are correct about “intel” alerting them that Russian government sponsored groups were actively disseminating false information. Likewise, they let them know about the facts known and not known during a massive health crisis.

Oh the horror.

But we have a CEO who is not simply investing in personnel seeking to flag harmful, false information and those nefariously promoting such false information, but rather now a CEO who has not only dismantled efforts to flag falsehoods, but more, he himself is using his own massive following to promote scurrilous information repeatedly…and moreover he is actively financing and publicly supporting the campaign of the candidate who most epitomizes falsehoods as his campaign strategy.

And a fan is right that it is a private company…with government provided protection from liability for damages they do.
Because you clearly don't know...hate speech as defined by you is still protected by the 1st amendment. Just like burning the American flag is protected free speech. A lifelong conservative Republican?????? would already know that. You should be DEFENDING free speech not attacking it... :D Only one more nail in your coffin of your never ending lie claiming to be a conservative Republican of the lifelong variety. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:43 pm ~ It was clear to many, and further proven recently. that Dorsey was following intel from the Feds, just as was Zuckerberg and Google. Can that claim be made against Musk, that he is beholden to Fed persuasion? Seems quite the opposite......the new talking point by the Feds and Pols, is that Musk and Social media is far more dangerous, now that they were exposed and lost some control.
YA.....I'll keep this simple......what's your plan when Trump wins the election?

Not picking a fight either. You don't seem to understand what you're communicated to us here.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:12 pm

Oh the horror.

Because you clearly don't know...hate speech as defined by you is still protected by the 1st amendment. Just like burning the American flag is protected free speech. A lifelong conservative Republican?????? would already know that. You should be DEFENDING free speech not attacking it... :D Only one more nail in your coffin of your never ending lie claiming to be a conservative Republican of the lifelong variety. :D
All sorts of “speech “ is constrained, either legally, as in slander, or ethically in norms.

The sorts of conservatives I grew up with were neither untruthful nor hurtful on purpose. There’s no monopoly held by liberals on empathy. And likewise one can find conservatives and liberals alike who view extreme rhetoric necessary, uncaring whether others are hurt or offended.

Of course free speech is an enormously important principle, the limits placed on government interference with especially political speech are crucial. Conservatives and liberals alike would defend that principle. As would I.

And yet, historically in America the impulse to censor has mostly been, though not exclusively, based on ‘conservative’ direction. You may recall for instance that flag burning was particularly opposed by conservatives. So, too, kneeling for the anthem. Pornography.

Of course, we can point to examples of ‘left’ countries and systems with heavy censorship, but this is in authoritarian regimes, which come in both left or right flavors.

Not sure you want to lecture or harangue me on such topics, given your disengagement from taking responsibility to participate in our representative democracy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:48 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:12 pm

Oh the horror.

All sorts of “speech “ is constrained, either legally, as in slander, or ethically in norms.

The sorts of conservatives I grew up with were neither untruthful nor hurtful on purpose. There’s no monopoly held by liberals on empathy. And likewise one can find conservatives and liberals alike who view extreme rhetoric necessary, uncaring whether others are hurt or offended.

Of course free speech is an enormously important principle, the limits placed on government interference with especially political speech are crucial. Conservatives and liberals alike would defend that principle. As would I.

And yet, historically in America the impulse to censor has mostly been, though not exclusively, based on ‘conservative’ direction. You may recall for instance that flag burning was particularly opposed by conservatives. So, too, kneeling for the anthem. Pornography.

Of course, we can point to examples of ‘left’ countries and systems with heavy censorship, but this is in authoritarian regimes, which come in both left or right flavors.

Not sure you want to lecture or harangue me on such topics, given your disengagement from taking responsibility to participate in our representative democracy.
Sounds like Kamala gave you some pointers in the art of word salad. The term hate speech is a non sensical term that can be interpreted in different ways by different people. It is like the definition of pornography. You can't define it but you know it when you hear it. I'm sure you could give quite the soliloquy on your definition of hate speech. I doubt you could keep it under 8 hours. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 3:40 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 2:43 pm ~ It was clear to many, and further proven recently. that Dorsey was following intel from the Feds, just as was Zuckerberg and Google. Can that claim be made against Musk, that he is beholden to Fed persuasion? Seems quite the opposite......the new talking point by the Feds and Pols, is that Musk and Social media is far more dangerous, now that they were exposed and lost some control.
YA.....I'll keep this simple......what's your plan when Trump wins the election?

Not picking a fight either. You don't seem to understand what you're communicated to us here.
I was originally responding to the single line item that what Musk is doing is different than what Dorsey, Zuck, and Google were doing. And to add insult to injury, when people were making those claims "that the the feds and social media were yoked", the tone was that the people calling this out were tinfoil hat wearers; now proven accurate. What took place was the chit you see in China....edging away at free speech. Although.....we are in potentially dangerous water, and not just b/c of Musk. I am far more concerned with AI.

Seems you want to change the subject... I honestly I am not sure what you are asking when you say "what's your plan when Trump wins the election?"
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:03 pm I was originally responding to the single line item that what Musk is doing is different than what Dorsey, Zuck, and Google were doing.
You're not refuting my point: do you care about the owner of twitter working to directly install Trump into power?

youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:03 pmAnd to add insult to injury, when people were making those claims "that the the feds and social media were yoked", the tone was that the people calling this out were tinfoil hat wearers; now proven accurate.
Nope. It's STILL 100% tinfoilhatnonsense, and I've demonstrated that a dozen plus times now. You choose to ignore the facts.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 6:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:03 pm I was originally responding to the single line item that what Musk is doing is different than what Dorsey, Zuck, and Google were doing.
You're not refuting my point: do you care about the owner of twitter working to directly install Trump into power?
What does a private citizen supporting a candidate have to do with the argument you were originally making, that X is now the same as Twitter under Dorsey, just different party? Your original argument is still a false equivalency for the reasons I presented, and you've yet to acknowledge my rebuttal on that single line item. Can we address that first, before you riddle me more questions that move us away from that discussion?

a fan wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 6:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2024 5:03 pmAnd to add insult to injury, when people were making those claims "that the the feds and social media were yoked", the tone was that the people calling this out were tinfoil hat wearers; now proven accurate.
Nope. It's STILL 100% tinfoilhatnonsense, and I've demonstrated that a dozen plus times now. You choose to ignore the facts.
So now you are defining tinfoilhatnonsense as proven email correspondence from Federal employees to Social Media owners, and Zuck openly admitting he followed their requests. Cmon man.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”