All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
SCLaxAttack

Re: All Things Environment

Post by SCLaxAttack »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:10 pm Of course YA and C&S both missed the points of the article.

Here's a little more info on why Florida employers don't have to give water breaks or heat breaks - DeSantis signs bill banning Florida counties from requiring heat and water breaks for outdoor workers

And who cares if there are more hot days now than 20 years ago.
Moving off topic but within that same article... The hypocrisy of Florida MAGA is on full display. No local control of police allowed, but if you're a school teacher or librarian watch out for the local Moms for Liberty chapter who has free reign over you.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:20 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:55 pm Going to kill their slaves if they aren’t careful…

Or, maybe that’s a feature. Not a bug.

“No water, no shade. Life as a roofer in the sweltering Florida heat: ‘It feels like 120F’”

CKD is a reality.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... treme-heat
Having done some roofing as a younger man...sweating your balls off on a hot day laying shingles is not a recent discovery. You wanna know what was really dangerous about roofing? Carrying a bundle of shingles up a ladder will wear you down quickly. One advantage all roofers have...they get the best tans around. FTR if you stay hydrated and drink a lot of water the heat is a nuisance. I use to soak a bandana with cool water and put it around my neck. It is a tough job better performed by younger people.
"Spin me back down the years
And the days of my youth
Draw the lace and black curtains
And shut out, the whole truth
Spin me down the long ages
Let them sing the song"

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 12:47 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 3:55 pm Going to kill their slaves if they aren’t careful…

“No water, no shade. Life as a roofer in the sweltering Florida heat: ‘It feels like 120F’”

CKD is a reality.

Having done some roofing as a younger man...sweating your balls off on a hot day laying shingles is not a recent discovery. You wanna know what was really dangerous about roofing? Carrying a bundle of shingles up a ladder will wear you down quickly. One advantage all roofers have...they get the best tans around. FTR if you stay hydrated and drink a lot of water the heat is a nuisance. I use to soak a bandana with cool water and put it around my neck. It is a tough job better performed by younger people.
And the days of my youth
Let them sing the song"

I saw Jethro Tull at the Rochester War Memorial in 1978. We were standing way back at the far end of the auditorium. If the Fire Marshals had known the attendance that night...
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 1:13 pm

CKD is a reality.

And the days of my youth
Let them sing the song"

I saw Jethro Tull at the Rochester War Memorial in 1978. We were standing way back at the far end of the auditorium. If the Fire Marshals had known the attendance that night...
I am wondering what high school you attended in Rochester.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:09 pm

CKD is a reality.

And the days of my youth
Let them sing the song"

Cardinal Mooney High School. Went out of business in 1985. The building was sold to the Town of Greece and is now Apollo Middle School. As far as I know the floor tiles with the crosses on them are still in the hallways.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 8:02 am

CKD is a reality.

And the days of my youth
Let them sing the song"

Cardinal Mooney High School. Went out of business in 1985. The building was sold to the Town of Greece and is now Apollo Middle School. As far as I know the floor tiles with the crosses on them are still in the hallways.
Oh if tiles could talk…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

CKD is a reality.

And the days of my youth
Let them sing the song"

I assume Aquinas and McQuaid are still there. I grew up in the City. Madison
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:06 pm

CKD is a reality.

And the days of my youth
Let them sing the song"

I assume Aquinas and McQuaid are still there. I grew up in the City. Madison
Aquinas and McQuaid are both still there and going strong. McQuaid won the NYS Class A Lacrosse title this year. That surprised a lot of folks on Long Island for sure.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I remember Irondequoit and Allendale playing lax but few others. Winning class A is amazing

Return to “POLITICS”