The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2024

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 7:54 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 7:28 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 7:13 am
ggait wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 8:39 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 5:16 pm Not much chatter about last nights debate. I heard it was civil and respectful and resembled what a debate should be. The only problem was with the moderators. They chose to ignore their own rules. JD Vance had to remind them there would be no fact checking during the debate. The moderators also chose to mute the microphones when they chose to do so. They did a good job proving they have Harris securely on lockdown in their own candidate protection program. They make the debate rules then throw them out the window. :D
So you didn’t watch it. But that doesn’t stop you from commenting and spewing your fact free opinions?

Boycott stupid!!!!!
Nope, my bedtime is 9 pm. I didn't have to watch it moron. This might come as a shock to you but The NBC Morning News with Savannah Guthrie and Hoda Kobe had lengthy reports about the debate. Were those reports inaccurate in any way? They were broadcast by an MD lax fan approved news source which is NBC News. Did the moderators break the debate rules when they attempted to fact check? I was only spewing the information that NBC News broadcast to the American people. If your going to criticize me your actually criticizing NBC as well.
As we did not watch the morning show, we have no idea whether you are correctly reporting what they said or not, nor whether their reporting was accurate.

We DID watch the debate and the moderators told the candidates and the audience how they were going to handle the debate, including turning off microphones if necessary to control the flow of the debate given time constraints. They did exactly as they said they would when Vance refused to stop talking when his time was up. They turned off both microphones in order to reassert control. As it was, Vance succeeded in not having to have a question about Ukraine even asked. He did not answer directly most any questions but he did have the more polished rap and came off much better than his stump demeanor. Mission accomplished from his perspective. They did not fact check him directly but they did make factual statements. Not the same thing unless one is uncomfortable with facts being stated. And yet, oh my he’s a victim of the moderators. It’s all so unfair.
The reports have to be correct. You yourself have given NBC News your full support as an MD lax fan approved source of news. :D They showed the clip of JD Vance correcting the moderators as they attempted to fact check him in real time. There was no ambiguity that doing so was against the rules. Then the moderators chose to mute candidates microphones and lecture the candidates that they were talking over one another. I'm assuming you watched the debate and were aware of the ground rules? I don't believe I'm talking about anything that you don't already know. I'm being criticized for expressing an opinion because I didn't watch the debate. I was up the next morning at 4am as I usually am. I started watching reports after viewing Rick Steves Europe and The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross. The talking heads agreed that by and large it was a civil debate that went off more in line like a debate should.. What was your opinion of the debate?
Did they show the moderators explaining the rules before the debate? They did exactly as promised. Vance claims that was a fact check of him, but that was a prepared tactic to make the moderators an issue because Vance and the Campaign didn’t want any facts stated by the moderators though that wasn’t what their rules actually were. Imagine a fact free environment…sorry JD, the moderators are going to state facts, though not directly arguing with a candidate. Facts matter.

I thought the debate was a win for Vance as, unlike the Presidential debate, we didn’t have an addled nitwit being taken apart by an experienced prosecutor.

Vance presented himself entirely differently than his stump and podcast persona, without much challenge from “Minnesota nice” Walz. He was exposed in only a couple of areas, though these are really big matters. And they didn’t even get to Ukraine. But on style, he did well. On style, Walz was outclassed, though he came across as a regular person not slick. He had one super bad section but recovered.

So, net plus for Vance, at least for those who don’t actually follow the issues. But very few such would have been watching.

Arguably, Vance won the first 88 minutes but lost the debate at the very end by revealing who he really is.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

We are in the dumbest era for republicans... All the Trump photoshops before... now this? :lol:

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:04 am We are in the dumbest era for republicans... All the Trump photoshops before... now this? :lol:

Does that mean all of the Republicans including GWB were also dumb? Those were the same Republicans that MD lax fan voted for enthusiastically. Are they only MAGA dumb or just dumb in general? :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:57 am Does that mean all of the Republicans including GWB were also dumb? Those were the same Republicans that MD lax fan voted for enthusiastically. Are they only MAGA dumb or just dumb in general? :D
Did you vote for Bush or Gore?

GWB was certainly dumb about some things. But not a tidal wave of stupid stuff like the Trumpers that we see practically every day.
ggait

Post by ggait »

JD Vance had to remind them there would be no fact checking during the debate. The moderators also chose to mute the microphones when they chose to do so. They did a good job proving they have Harris securely on lockdown in their own candidate protection program. They make the debate rules then throw them out the window.

C&S is completely wrong and uninformed as usual. Boycott stupid.

Vance was doing the usual troll job to pander to the grievance positive GOP base -- "weh weh weh; 3 on 1." If you don't want people to correctly call BS on you, do not tell huge volumes of obvious crazy lies. Vance said the Hatians in Ohio were illegal immigrants. CBS' Brennan correctly pointed out that they have legal status. Totally fine under the agreed rules.

The formal ground rules released by CBS News did not directly address the question of whether the moderators would unilaterally fact-check the proceedings. At the start of the telecast, Ms. Brennan and her co-moderator, Norah O’Donnell, told viewers they would offer each candidate “the opportunity to fact-check claims made by each other.”

C&S -- so what did you think of Vance's answer to the direct question from Walz of "did Trump win the 2020 election?" "Tim -- I'm focused on the future."

What about the future coming in early November? Plenty of indications that Trump is fully committed to overturning the upcoming election results if they go against him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/10/01/us/p ... vance.html
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:18 am JD Vance had to remind them there would be no fact checking during the debate. The moderators also chose to mute the microphones when they chose to do so. They did a good job proving they have Harris securely on lockdown in their own candidate protection program. They make the debate rules then throw them out the window.

Vance was doing the usual troll job to pander to the grievance positive GOP base -- "weh weh weh; 3 on 1." If you don't want people to correctly call BS on you, do not tell huge volumes of obvious crazy lies. Vance said the Hatians in Ohio were illegal immigrants. CBS' Brennan correctly pointed out that they have legal status. Totally fine under the agreed rules.

The formal ground rules released by CBS News did not directly address the question of whether the moderators would unilaterally fact-check the proceedings. At the start of the telecast, Ms. Brennan and her co-moderator, Norah O’Donnell, told viewers they would offer each candidate “the opportunity to fact-check claims made by each other.”

C&S -- so what did you think of Vance's answer to the direct question from Walz of "did Trump win the 2020 election?" "Tim -- I'm focused on the future."

What about the future coming in early November? Plenty of indications that Trump is fully committed to overturning the upcoming election results if they go against him.

And then he immediately brought up Kamala Harris and censoring something in 2020….must be back to the future. So much for focusing on the future. Old Salt, C&S, YA, Tech and Petey and people like them excuse this kind of stuff day after day, week after week, month after month and year after year.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Similarly a buddy drove through rural Ohio…he saw more Harris Walz signs than Trump signs until he started making his way towards Middletown….
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:18 am JD Vance had to remind them there would be no fact checking during the debate. The moderators also chose to mute the microphones when they chose to do so. They did a good job proving they have Harris securely on lockdown in their own candidate protection program. They make the debate rules then throw them out the window.

Like I would believe anything being put out on this forum by a blood sucking parasitic corporate scum sucking lawyer. You reside right smack dab on the evolutionary scale of lowlife degenerates right underneath used car salesmen. :D Leave us alone and go chase an ambulance.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:37 am

Like I would believe anything being put out on this forum by a blood sucking parasitic corporate scum sucking lawyer. You reside right smack dab on the evolutionary scale of lowlife degenerates right underneath used car salesmen. :D Leave us alone and go chase an ambulance.
This response to ggait seems...overwrought. And what's wrong with used car salesmen?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:35 pm How's your house hunting in Aurora going ?
Have you found a multilingual Aurora public school for your daughter yet ?
Meet some of her new friends.

They're better than your wife's friends, having them over for tea while you tell them that immigrants never committed one crime until just three years ago now that the Magic Dems arrived in the White House, and that brown people are inherently bad. And that a decade of consuming RightWingMedia took her husband from being a reasonable, thoughtful, considerate man with an elite education, into an uneducated Jim Crow rube who's afraid of anything that he's told to be afraid of, and is filled with rage and sadness.

Then tell your wife about a program that my wife is working on without government funds, where HVAC companies in the NorthEast are hiring those dreaded brown Haitians you're so scared of as interns. Tell her that as of today, 90% of the Haitians finish the internship by staying with the company they're training with, and are.....hold your hat, OS, this is going to be REALLY hard for you to hear....the best and hardest working employees they've had in years. Oh no! Not THAT!

Tell your wife you're letting FoxNews and "some guy on the internet" scare a guy who used to face down the Soviet Union in a plane that crashes with enough regularity that she should have been terrified, and that your entire life now revolves around what RightWingMedia tells you to think, and that fear is consuming you.

And most of all? Tell her you fear change, and where you viewed change when you were a kid as a good thing, and an opportunity for a better country and a better life for your family.....you now want to turtle up and take America back to the days when anyone who wasn't a WASP male wasn't allowed to participate.

Then tell her that you were lying when you said "oh, I just want immigrants to come here legally".....which is exactly what the Haitians, Venezuelans and Ukrainians did that you're railing against here.....yet you're still telling us that they're bad and ruining my daughter's neighborhood. Which is not happening, but whatever you want to believe, I guess.

And I'll tell my wife and daughter to keep playing with the kids in her school who are from 23 different countries at last count. And to learn from them as much as she can. And I take great joy from the fact that my 9 yo daughter is less frightened of her fellow Americans than a Navy Vet that served his country with distinction for well over two decades. Never thought I'd see the day when I could say that....that a 9 yo girl is less frightened by what we all know is partisan nonsense than a retired Naval aviator is, but here we are.

This is what you really, honestly believe, and you're not gaslighting? I guess my daughter is really brave. You do you, I guess.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

a fan wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 12:57 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:35 pm How's your house hunting in Aurora going ?
Have you found a multilingual Aurora public school for your daughter yet ?
Meet some of her new friends.

They're better than your wife's friends, having them over for tea while you tell them that immigrants never committed one crime until just three years ago now that the Magic Dems arrived in the White House, and that brown people are inherently bad. And that a decade of consuming RightWingMedia took her husband from being a reasonable, thoughtful, considerate man with an elite education, into an uneducated Jim Crow rube who's afraid of anything that he's told to be afraid of, and is filled with rage and sadness.

Then tell your wife about a program that my wife is working on without government funds, where HVAC companies in the NorthEast are hiring those dreaded brown Haitians you're so scared of as interns. Tell her that as of today, 90% of the Haitians finish the internship by staying with the company they're training with, and are.....hold your hat, OS, this is going to be REALLY hard for you to hear....the best and hardest working employees they've had in years. Oh no! Not THAT!

Tell your wife you're letting FoxNews and "some guy on the internet" scare a guy who used to face down the Soviet Union in a plane that crashes with enough regularity that she should have been terrified, and that your entire life now revolves around what RightWingMedia tells you to think, and that fear is consuming you.

And most of all? Tell her you fear change, and where you viewed change when you were a kid as a good thing, and an opportunity for a better country and a better life for your family.....you now want to turtle up and take America back to the days when anyone who wasn't a WASP male wasn't allowed to participate.

Then tell her that you were lying when you said "oh, I just want immigrants to come here legally".....which is exactly what the Haitians, Venezuelans and Ukrainians did that you're railing against here.....yet you're still telling us that they're bad and ruining my daughter's neighborhood. Which is not happening, but whatever you want to believe, I guess.

And I'll tell my wife and daughter to keep playing with the kids in her school who are from 23 different countries at last count. And to learn from them as much as she can. And I take great joy from the fact that my 9 yo daughter is less frightened of her fellow Americans than a Navy Vet that served his country with distinction for well over two decades. Never thought I'd see the day when I could say that....that a 9 yo girl is less frightened by what we all know is partisan nonsense than a retired Naval aviator is, but here we are.

This is what you really, honestly believe, and you're not gaslighting? I guess my daughter is really brave. You do you, I guess.
The Berlin Wall had just fallen when a friend’s daughter took a job in Moscow. She had studied Russian throughout HS and university. Moscow was notorious for its criminal activity. She would send updates about bodies in the streets, gang wars, and the like but i do not recall her mentioning any of the other non-russian residents eating pets or seizing apartment buildings
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:57 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 10:04 am We are in the dumbest era for republicans... All the Trump photoshops before... now this? :lol:

Does that mean all of the Republicans including GWB were also dumb? Those were the same Republicans that MD lax fan voted for enthusiastically. Are they only MAGA dumb or just dumb in general? :D
Sorry Cradle, but that’s a pretty stupid statement. There are very few House Republicans left from the Bush era, which is now 8 House elections ago and beyond. The House is MAGA dominated now. And yeah, this is really dumb behavior. But lying has become a badge of honor for MAGA.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

A depleted, decrepit, Moron, running for the Presidency:

https://x.com/VetsForRL/status/1841848181858157044
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 2:47 pm A depleted, decrepit, Moron, running for the Presidency:

https://x.com/VetsForRL/status/1841848181858157044
But we don’t know enough about VP Harris and her policies…
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

The rules about not fact checking the candidates in the middle should make sense to every forum member. The debate is supposed to be between the 2 candidates for vice president. When the moderator interjects her own fact checking opinion towards one candidate or the other that person has become a part of the debate and is no longer acting as a moderator. A moderator is suppose to be impartial. If there is fact checking to be done do it after the debate is over. The talking heads can form panels of like minded talking heads and fact check until the cows come home once the debate is over. The thing that should be mandatory, and MD lax fan will agree. If your going to watch a panel of talking heads fact checking the debate you MUST watch a TV Network that has the MD lax fan seal of approval. Otherwise your potentially at risk of being bamboozled and brainwashed. :D
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:36 pm The rules about not fact checking the candidates in the middle should make sense to every forum member. The debate is supposed to be between the 2 candidates for vice president. When the moderator interjects her own fact checking opinion towards one candidate or the other that person has become a part of the debate and is no longer acting as a moderator. A moderator is suppose to be impartial. If there is fact checking to be done do it after the debate is over. The talking heads can form panels of like minded talking heads and fact check until the cows come home once the debate is over. The thing that should be mandatory, and MD lax fan will agree. If your going to watch a panel of talking heads fact checking the debate you MUST watch a TV Network that has the MD lax fan seal of approval. Otherwise your potentially at risk of being bamboozled and brainwashed. :D
Fact checking opinion? Brennan fact checked Vance’s assertion that the Haitians in Springfield were here in this country illegally. This was not her opinion; Vance’s statement was demonstrably false. Facts have to have some value, some currency, to sustain a civil society. You are exactly what MAGA leadership wants among the rank and file.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:51 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:36 pm The rules about not fact checking the candidates in the middle should make sense to every forum member. The debate is supposed to be between the 2 candidates for vice president. When the moderator interjects her own fact checking opinion towards one candidate or the other that person has become a part of the debate and is no longer acting as a moderator. A moderator is suppose to be impartial. If there is fact checking to be done do it after the debate is over. The talking heads can form panels of like minded talking heads and fact check until the cows come home once the debate is over. The thing that should be mandatory, and MD lax fan will agree. If your going to watch a panel of talking heads fact checking the debate you MUST watch a TV Network that has the MD lax fan seal of approval. Otherwise your potentially at risk of being bamboozled and brainwashed. :D
Fact checking opinion? Brennan fact checked Vance’s assertion that the Haitians in Springfield were here in this country illegally. This was not her opinion; Vance’s statement was demonstrably false. Facts have to have some value, some currency, to sustain a civil society. You are exactly what MAGA leadership wants among the rank and file.
Yet again, that was her inserting her fact checking INTO the debate. In doing so she generated a debate of her own with Vance. That was not her job as a moderator. If she so desired why didn't she arrange a separate debate with Vance and herself? What she did was nothing short of rude and unprofessional. There was no sweet smile she could put on her face to hide that fact.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:13 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 3:51 pm
Yet again, that was her inserting her fact checking INTO the debate. In doing so she generated a debate of her own with Vance. That was not her job as a moderator. If she so desired why didn't she arrange a separate debate with Vance and herself? What she did was nothing short of rude and unprofessional. There was no sweet smile she could put on her face to hide that fact.
I understand Vance lied, the moderator issued a point of clarification to avoid confusion. Vance then had to have his mic cut off so the debate could proceed. Vance was a hot mess the entire debate. Why would Vance not want full clarity and transparency. Everyone in a debate should value truth and accuracy and transparency unless they have something to hide which Vance did
ggait

Post by ggait »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:47 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2024 11:37 am

This response to ggait seems...overwrought. And what's wrong with used car salesmen?
I can’t stand new car salesmen.

I actually enjoy the process of buying my cars used. My go to is the very low miles used with a few years of warranty left.

My most recent purchase (for my daughter) was the first truly new car I’d bought in decades. Back during Covid, used cars got so expensive and short supply that it was cheaper and easier to buy new.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”