Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:05 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:56 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:25 am MD, didnt you recently just crap on Hogan, after being on his side for so long?
No, I said that I can’t support ANY GOP candidate for federal office until MAGA is thoroughly rejected by the Party. Too dangerous.

However, as a person who has consistently criticized Trump and the worst of MAGA, Hogan is one of the few prominent politicians I could support in a reincarnation of the GOP post MAGA. I could support Kemp or Dewine similarly. They have not totally destroyed their integrity in name of party.
Roger that, I could not recall what we were talking about when you mentioned him.
Hogan would be an influential member of the Senate & a moderating influence on the MAGA GOP.
It will take (R)'s like Hogan to get the GOP back to where MD wants it to be.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:25 am MD, didnt you recently just crap on Hogan, after being on his side for so long?
No, I said that I can’t support ANY GOP candidate for federal office until MAGA is thoroughly rejected by the Party. Too dangerous.

However, as a person who has consistently criticized Trump and the worst of MAGA, Hogan is one of the few prominent politicians I could support in a reincarnation of the GOP post MAGA. I could support Kemp or Dewine similarly. They have not totally destroyed their integrity in name of party.
Roger that, I could not recall what we were talking about when you mentioned him.
👍
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 5:47 pm

Hogan would be an influential member of the Senate & a moderating influence on the MAGA GOP.
It will take (R)'s like Hogan to get the GOP back to where MD wants it to be.
Yes, it will, but not this cycle. MAGA has control of the GOP and they need to lose power across the board for a bit before the worst actors are flushed out.

The MAGA base needs to learn that the demand to stop everything that Dems want to do means continuing losses. Only moderation and compromise deserve trust for governance responsibility.

Right now MAGA needs to not be trusted n control of the Senate. They simply can’t be trusted not to block Cj all appointments. And unfortunately for Hogan, he’s likely to lose because Democrats in Maryland understand that this cycle. Otherwise I’d prefer him to Alsobrooks.

The Dems will undoubtedly overreach with time and open the door for credible alternatives, but not until MAGA is flushed.

Return to “POLITICS”