Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:47 pm Come on, if you refuse to criticize the party with which you align then you have zero credibility. Critique needn’t mean total rejection, it simply indicates a willingness to engage in reality rather than propaganda. No party nor any set of political leaders is “perfect”.

There really are just a couple of posters unwilling to criticize the current incarnation of their party and its main leadership. Pretty much everyone else is willing to engage with various areas and degrees of disagreement.

Btw, yes, as a “Christian”, if one isn’t willing to criticize anyone else who claims the same mantle, nor the excesses more systemic in any religion including Christianity, then one loses all credibility and rightfully can be described as a propagandist.

And no, youth, you are definitely not the only poster who posts about Christianity. Kinda strange that you think otherwise.
No one knows more about criticizing his own party than you MD. Come to think of it I can't remember the last time you had anything good to say about the GOP. :D
You have a poor memory.
Only in the sense you haven't said anything positive about your party in a long time. That a can't remember... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:47 pm Come on, if you refuse to criticize the party with which you align then you have zero credibility. Critique needn’t mean total rejection, it simply indicates a willingness to engage in reality rather than propaganda. No party nor any set of political leaders is “perfect”.

There really are just a couple of posters unwilling to criticize the current incarnation of their party and its main leadership. Pretty much everyone else is willing to engage with various areas and degrees of disagreement.

Btw, yes, as a “Christian”, if one isn’t willing to criticize anyone else who claims the same mantle, nor the excesses more systemic in any religion including Christianity, then one loses all credibility and rightfully can be described as a propagandist.

And no, youth, you are definitely not the only poster who posts about Christianity. Kinda strange that you think otherwise.
No one knows more about criticizing his own party than you MD. Come to think of it I can't remember the last time you had anything good to say about the GOP. :D
You have a poor memory.
Only in the sense you haven't said anything positive about your party in a long time. That a can't remember... :D
I’ve spoken highly of a slew of Republicans who have stood up to Trump and MAGA.

But yes I have absolutely nothing to say positive about Trump and the MAGA cult, nor anyone else who puts personal or party over country.

Big difference.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:53 pm

You have a poor memory.
I’ve spoken highly of a slew of Republicans who have stood up to Trump and MAGA.

But yes I have absolutely nothing to say positive about Trump and the MAGA cult, nor anyone else who puts personal or party over country.

Big difference.
I think your misremembering. Had the occasion occured when you spoke highly of any Republican I would have remembered. That is how rare an occurrence that is. It's right up there with a blue moon. :)
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:51 am

You have a poor memory.

Big difference.
I think your misremembering. Had the occasion occured when you spoke highly of any Republican I would have remembered. That is how rare an occurrence that is. It's right up there with a blue moon. :)
Misremembering 😜

Incorrect; at every turn I’ve praised those who stood up. McCain has passed away, numerous others since 16 have been pushed aside by the party, a few remain in the fray.

I have also pointed to the incredibly large number of former high officials from the Trump Administration, all or nearly all of whom are Republicans, who have publicly declared that he should not be allowed power again.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

That said, the “MAGA Party” has done a hostile takeover over of the GOP. Like the NAZI party, it has a cultish self reinforcing ideology of nativism and nationalism combined with a complete disregard for truth and honesty. Propaganda is critical to this self reinforcing cult. Empathy for the Other is considered weakness, only power matters.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:14 am

You have a poor memory.

Big difference.
Misremembering 😜

Incorrect; at every turn I’ve praised those who stood up. McCain has passed away, numerous others since 16 have been pushed aside by the party, a few remain in the fray.

I have also pointed to the incredibly large number of former high officials from the Trump Administration, all or nearly all of whom are Republicans, who have publicly declared that he should not be allowed power again.
Too bad you were not on the old forum. John McCain once he became " candidate McCain" was given the cold shoulder by your liberal gumbas on this forum. John had a legendary angry temper. What trump said about Senator McCain was disgusting, I said so at the time. I know who and what trump is and always been. I won't be voting for him and I won't be voting for the other candidate. I have no idea who I will vote for. I might just vote " PRESENT " There are are a few US Senators that have voted that way... so Iay not be wrong....
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:09 am

You have a poor memory.

Big difference.
Misremembering 😜

Too bad you were not on the old forum. John McCain once he became " candidate McCain" was given the cold shoulder by your liberal gumbas on this forum. John had a legendary angry temper. What trump said about Senator McCain was disgusting, I said so at the time. I know who and what trump is and always been. I won't be voting for him and I won't be voting for the other candidate. I have no idea who I will vote for. I might just vote " PRESENT " There are are a few US Senators that have voted that way... so Iay not be wrong....
I was a quite frequent poster on LP, and unlike some, I maintain the same prior handle. I was one of the earliest to move to FL when it became available.

My point is simply that I have been consistent.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

You have a poor memory.

Big difference.
Misremembering 😜

I was a quite frequent poster on LP, and unlike some, I maintain the same prior handle. I was one of the earliest to move to FL when it became available.

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:21 pm

You have a poor memory.

Big difference.
Misremembering 😜

I also only have one account and only one handle. I will give you credit on this point. You have been a consistent critic of your party. Of course your not all that critical of GWB when he fibbed to America. Too bad you don't hold your guy George to the same high standards you criticize MAGA Republicans for. The damage GWB did to this nation will last for generations. You can see it at VA hospitals all over America. I understand your rationale, you voted for George after all.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 7:12 am

You have a poor memory.

Big difference.
Misremembering 😜

I also only have one account and only one handle. I will give you credit on this point. You have been a consistent critic of your party. Of course your not all that critical of GWB when he fibbed to America. Too bad you don't hold your guy George to the same high standards you criticize MAGA Republicans for. The damage GWB did to this nation will last for generations. You can see it at VA hospitals all over America. I understand your rationale, you voted for George after all.
I argued directly that I didn’t (and don’t) believe that W knowingly lied to America.

I do think he believed that Saddam was a much greater threat than he very likely actually was, but I think that was an honest mistake. I’m less confident that Cheney was unaware that the IC did not actually have the goods on WMD.

I think they all were predisposed to believe what Saddam himself claimed he had and were in a state of shock in the wake of 9-11.

Risk assessment.
Turns out a tragic mistake.

I also think they tragically misunderstood the sectarian problem in Iraq and thus the enormous challenge of managing that situation. A lot of hubris involved.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MD, didnt you recently just crap on Hogan, after being on his side for so long?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:03 am

You have a poor memory.

Big difference.
Misremembering 😜

I argued directly that I didn’t (and don’t) believe that W knowingly lied to America.

I do think he believed that Saddam was a much greater threat than he very likely actually was, but I think that was an honest mistake. I’m less confident that Cheney was unaware that the IC did not actually have the goods on WMD.

I think they all were predisposed to believe what Saddam himself claimed he had and were in a state of shock in the wake of 9-11.

Risk assessment.

I also think they tragically misunderstood the sectarian problem in Iraq and thus the enormous challenge of managing that situation. A lot of hubris involved.
I disagree with you. There are a number of the usual suspects on this forum that will disagree with you as well. I doubt they will admit so publicly on this forum. Come on all of you " usual suspects " You all bloviated profusely that George Bush/Dick Cheney and company lied about WMD in Iraq. MD just now told you that GWB and company didn't lie to America. Come on now all of you forum FLP folks...are you gonna take that lie from MD lax fan? :D Do all of you people believe what MD just told you?? The war in Iraq was simply an honest mistake. That justifies the carnage right there. Hey MD, why don't you visit a VA Hospital. When you see an Iraqi war vet in a wheelchair you can explain to him/her that the war you fought in was an honest mistake . :roll: :roll:
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:45 pm

You have a poor memory.

Big difference.
Misremembering 😜

Risk assessment.

I disagree with you. There are a number of the usual suspects on this forum that will disagree with you as well. I doubt they will admit so publicly on this forum. Come on all of you " usual suspects " You all bloviated profusely that George Bush/Dick Cheney and company lied about WMD in Iraq. MD just now told you that GWB and company didn't lie to America. Come on now all of you forum FLP folks...are you gonna take that lie from MD lax fan? :D
Yes, we disagreed back then and I do suspect they disagree now. So what?

The difference is intentional vs simply wrong. I think they made the mistakes because of predisposition and shock over 9-11, but some folks believe it was more intentional. I just have not seen proof of the latter. So, I give the benefit of the doubt.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:25 am MD, didnt you recently just crap on Hogan, after being on his side for so long?
No, I said that I can’t support ANY GOP candidate for federal office until MAGA is thoroughly rejected by the Party. Too dangerous.

However, as a person who has consistently criticized Trump and the worst of MAGA, Hogan is one of the few prominent politicians I could support in a reincarnation of the GOP post MAGA. I could support Kemp or Dewine similarly. They have not totally destroyed their integrity in name of party.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:50 pm

You have a poor memory.

Big difference.
Misremembering 😜

Risk assessment.

I disagree with you. There are a number of the usual suspects on this forum that will disagree with you as well. I doubt they will admit so publicly on this forum. Come on all of you " usual suspects " You all bloviated profusely that George Bush/Dick Cheney and company lied about WMD in Iraq. MD just now told you that GWB and company didn't lie to America. Come on now all of you forum FLP folks...are you gonna take that lie from MD lax fan? :D

The difference is intentional vs simply wrong. I think they made the mistakes because of predisposition and shock over 9-11, but some folks believe it was more intentional. I just have not seen proof of the latter. So, I give the benefit of the doubt.
Your boy Georges F**K UP was 10 thousand times worse than anything your sorry ass wants to pin on trump. You want proof numb nuts go to any VA Hospital on any given day of the week. George Bushes F**k Ups are there for you to see in person. You do remember... YOU VOTED FOR GEORGE W BUSH. So admit your mistake and don't fumble around for sorry ass excuses.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

GWB ignored the Clinton administration warnings about Bin Ladem. He did nothing about it until they had a meeting just prior to 9-11. Next thing you know we have an unending war on terror that has cost something like $8 trillion dollars and about 1 million lives. When Powell testified he did not know he was lying but the key administration officials did. There were no WMDs. There was talk the W wanted to avenge an issue involving GHWB.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:59 pm Your boy Georges F**K UP was 10 thousand times worse than anything your sorry ass wants to pin on trump. You want proof numb nuts go to any VA Hospital on any given day of the week. George Bushes F**k Ups are there for you to see in person. You do remember... YOU VOTED FOR GEORGE W BUSH. So admit your mistake and don't fumble around for sorry ass excuses.
Did you vote for Bush or Gore?
DMac

Post by DMac »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:59 pm Your boy Georges F**K UP was 10 thousand times worse than anything your sorry ass wants to pin on trump. You want proof numb nuts go to any VA Hospital on any given day of the week. George Bushes F**k Ups are there for you to see in person. You do remember... YOU VOTED FOR GEORGE W BUSH. So admit your mistake and don't fumble around for sorry ass excuses.
When was the last time you were in a VA hospital to see this?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:56 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:25 am MD, didnt you recently just crap on Hogan, after being on his side for so long?
No, I said that I can’t support ANY GOP candidate for federal office until MAGA is thoroughly rejected by the Party. Too dangerous.

However, as a person who has consistently criticized Trump and the worst of MAGA, Hogan is one of the few prominent politicians I could support in a reincarnation of the GOP post MAGA. I could support Kemp or Dewine similarly. They have not totally destroyed their integrity in name of party.
Roger that, I could not recall what we were talking about when you mentioned him.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:50 pm

You have a poor memory.

Big difference.
Misremembering 😜

Risk assessment.

Your boy Georges F**K UP was 10 thousand times worse than anything your sorry ass wants to pin on trump. You want proof numb nuts go to any VA Hospital on any given day of the week. George Bushes F**k Ups are there for you to see in person. You do remember... YOU VOTED FOR GEORGE W BUSH. So admit your mistake and don't fumble around for sorry ass excuses.
Well, there you go again with the personal invective.

But no worries, I don’t give a fig about your opinion of me or my views. I am simply explaining them.

Return to “POLITICS”