The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: 2024

Post by a fan »

ggait wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:49 pm We’re not supposed to take this literally.

But we are supposed to still take it seriously?
Oh, that was one of my favorite TrumpApologist excuses: oh, you don't listen to what it says.

And then naturally, they're all over Biden and Kamala for every word they utter. Isn't this game fun?!
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:28 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 2:49 pm We’re not supposed to take this literally.

But we are supposed to still take it seriously?
Oh, that was one of my favorite TrumpApologist excuses: oh, you don't listen to what it says.

And then naturally, they're all over Biden and Kamala for every word they utter. Isn't this game fun?!
Calling for a national day of violence has that special Goebbel'sy feel we are all looking for in modern leadership in a plural society. And hell, if it works, we can run it up the closeline every year or so, identifying another "other" to knock the sh*t out of and pacify the masses for a little while. Now that's some governance, right?

I am still awaiting Old Salt's indictment of that kind of language. Maybe when the brown shirt is through the dryer.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:05 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:59 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:49 am Excerpt from the Orange BabyMan's "speech" in Pennsylvania:

https://x.com/jimstewartson/status/1840 ... 33/photo/2

Randy's candidate, telling us the streets will be purified by one lawless day of violence. Presidential material here, huh?
So who won the VP debate?? ;)
Walz. Thanks for coming!!
... didn't see it. Didn't even know it was occurring. Not very well publicized around here. Guess I can find it on YouTube.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 5:27 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:49 am Excerpt from the Orange BabyMan's "speech" in Pennsylvania:

Randy's candidate, telling us the streets will be purified by one lawless day of violence. Presidential material here, huh?
... didn't see it. Didn't even know it was occurring. Not very well publicized around here. Guess I can find it on YouTube.
It’s tomorrow night.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Such moral corruption, how can anyone consider voting for this pile of dung?

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2024/10/afte ... moran.html

On Monday, even as grieving families began to bury their dead, he claimed that the federal government was refusing to help Republican victims of Hurricane Helene based on politics.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

CU88a wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:55 am Such moral corruption, how can anyone consider voting for this pile of dung?

https://www.nj.com/opinion/2024/10/afte ... moran.html

On Monday, even as grieving families began to bury their dead, he claimed that the federal government was refusing to help Republican victims of Hurricane Helene based on politics.
They had to divert someone to build them a little podium area made of the bricks from a destroyed building. Note Kelly Loeffler in the photo op trying desperately to regain some position and relevance by appearing with Orange BabyMan.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 7:26 pm

It’s tomorrow night.
Interesting that the Dems are lowering the bar for Walz re debate tonight. Sandbaggery for sure. That strategy worked well for Trump/Harris debate with Trump falling hard for the trap, acting like a complete dumb sh!t. I'm not sure this same scheme will work for the Dems tonight. Will be interesting.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:32 am

It’s tomorrow night.
Interesting that the Dems are lowering the bar for Walz re debate tonight. Sandbaggery for sure. That strategy worked well for Trump/Harris debate with Trump falling hard for the trap, acting like a complete dumb sh!t. I'm not sure this same scheme will work for the Dems tonight. Will be interesting.
I remember you making the same claim about Trump heading into the debate.
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:39 am

It’s tomorrow night.
Trump IS a complete dumb turd. Tonight will be a very different event. I have little respect for Vance but he is not a complete dumb turd. Bcs there will be no fact checking it will be interesting to see what happens when Vance drops a big one. Mics will stay on. This coukd disintegrate fast
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:39 am

It’s tomorrow night.
Oh, the Dems are always cheating, TLD. Didn't you get the memo? Dems are bad. R's are amazing.

And if the R's aren't amazing? Well, guess what? It's "the Dems fault" that the R's aren't amazing.

Can't WAIT for yet another decade of this brilliant way of thinking.....
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Well folks, I did my patriotic duty today and cast my early voting ballot. Two things struck me - one, how courteous and professional the staff was at the polling station; second, how crowded the place was!

Not only was the place crowded, it started to get even more crowded as I was leaving. Car after car drove into the parking lot and it appeared as if they were on the verge of running out of parking space. Imagine what it's going to be like on or near Election Day.

For those considering early voting, please do so now as it may save you a heck of a lot of time in the busy days to come.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:02 pm Well folks, I did my patriotic duty today and cast my early voting ballot. Two things struck me - one, how courteous and professional the staff was at the polling station; second, how crowded the place was!

Not only was the place crowded, it started to get even more crowded as I was leaving. Car after car drove into the parking lot and it appeared as if they were on the verge of running out of parking space. Imagine what it's going to be like on or near Election Day.

For those considering early voting, please do so now as it may save you a heck of a lot of time in the busy days to come.
Good for you.

I mailed mine in this year, so it can be counted "later" and lead to cries of "fraud" by the weak-minded simpletons...
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Trump in Wisconsin today: “I will shut down all entries through Kamala’s migrant phone app. She’s got a phone app. It’s meant for the cartel heads. The cartel heads call the app, and they tell them where to drop the illegal migrants… It’s not even believable.”

Can we not agree that he’s a sick, old depleted man who never had much brainpower to begin with?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:07 pm Trump in Wisconsin today: “I will shut down all entries through Kamala’s migrant phone app. She’s got a phone app. It’s meant for the cartel heads. The cartel heads call the app, and they tell them where to drop the illegal migrants… It’s not even believable.”

Can we not agree that he’s a sick, old depleted man who never had much brainpower to begin with?
I take it you don’t know that there is an Immigration App. And once they arrive for the ticket master appointment, they asked no questions, and stroll in.

https://youtu.be/9H8QwrxscGs?si=pITjRVKBZplztRzc
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:28 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:07 pm Trump in Wisconsin today: “I will shut down all entries through Kamala’s migrant phone app. She’s got a phone app. It’s meant for the cartel heads. The cartel heads call the app, and they tell them where to drop the illegal migrants… It’s not even believable.”

I take it you don’t know that there is an Immigration App. And once they arrive for the ticket master appointment, they asked no questions, and stroll in.

Want to take a wild guess which administration launched this horrible, horrible APP, Youth?

(pssst....don't tell Trump that's his app, or tell him that migrants are using the app to find where dogs and cats live, so they can eat them. ;) )
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 8:39 pm

Want to take a wild guess which administration launched this horrible, horrible APP, Youth?

(pssst....don't tell Trump that's his app, or tell him that migrants are using the app to find where dogs and cats live, so they can eat them. ;) )
Agreed. Its ‘original function’ was to assist in e-paperwork to relieve stress at the border entries, with only a few entries by those seeking entry. It then evolved into a mess sometime in early 2023, when things were ramping up from title 42. https://www.carnegie.org/our-work/artic ... on-policy/
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:24 pm

Agreed. Its ‘original function’ was to assist in e-paperwork to relieve stress at the border entries, with only a few entries by those seeking entry. It then evolved into a mess sometime in early 2023, when things were ramping up from title 42. https://www.carnegie.org/our-work/artic ... on-policy/
I'd take a listen to him rebutting the wild MAGA claims in other places other then in front of Congress where the R's can play games....and not make any assumptions as to how the app was used under Trump.

Because I can assure you, Trump has NO IDEA that is HIS App, not "Kamala's".... and isn't that cute that now that he's not running, nothing is Joe's fault anymore?

When Trump wins, we'll see how fast he passes bills to fix these problems. Or if he does like last time, and all but shuts down legal work VISA programs, making farming of hand-harvested goods next to impossible for no good reason.

This is Reagan-phones all over again.....Reagan starts the program, and Obama takes the blame.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:34 pm

I'd take a listen to him rebutting the wild MAGA claims in other places other then in front of Congress where the R's can play games....and not make any assumptions as to how the app was used under Trump.

Because I can assure you, Trump has NO IDEA that is HIS App, not "Kamala's".... and isn't that cute that now that he's not running, nothing is Joe's fault anymore?

When Trump wins, we'll see how fast he passes bills to fix these problems. Or if he does like last time, and all but shuts down legal work VISA programs, making farming of hand-harvested goods next to impossible for no good reason.

This is Reagan-phones all over again.....Reagan starts the program, and Obama takes the blame.
https://www.carnegie.org/our-work/artic ... on-policy/

The Biden administration published a new rule that requires migrants to seek asylum by making an appointment at a port of entry through an online app

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil. ... bp-one-app

CBP One Expands
CBP One was not created for purposes of data collection. A Capability Roadmap for CBP One from October 2020 shows CBP’s plans for the app, which did not include plans to use the app for processing individuals at ports of entry.
However, a few months later, it was being used for just that.
On February 19, 2021, DHS published the first PIA for CBP One. The PIA included a description of how the app would be used to help process individuals enrolled in the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP).  
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2024 6:22 am
a fan wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:34 pm

https://www.carnegie.org/our-work/artic ... on-policy/

The Biden administration published a new rule that requires migrants to seek asylum by making an appointment at a port of entry through an online app

https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil. ... bp-one-app

CBP One Expands
CBP One was not created for purposes of data collection. A Capability Roadmap for CBP One from October 2020 shows CBP’s plans for the app, which did not include plans to use the app for processing individuals at ports of entry.
However, a few months later, it was being used for just that.
On February 19, 2021, DHS published the first PIA for CBP One. The PIA included a description of how the app would be used to help process individuals enrolled in the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP).  
So, what?

Did you disagree with requiring asylum seekers to do so at a port of entry? Or is it just the app you are commenting on?

If the latter, do you imagine that Trump knows the app was developed and introduced during his Administration? Or is your point simply that the use of the app was expanded under the Biden Administration?

Do you think Trump is correct in all aspects of what he said? Read the full statement and accusation.

Return to “POLITICS”