Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Conservative Ideology: A Big Lie

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:21 pm I have been to Springfield a bunch of times…..know it well. Dude that ran our small business unit played HS football there before heading off to Cincinnati for college ball. The worst thing to happen to Springfield was Ronald Reagan green lighting union busting and blaming US workers for being the problem with American companies.

https://x.com/LJS527/status/1834250123720704386

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/19/49392006 ... mic-future

At one time Ohio was spoken of as a model state where middle class values and lifestyle were idealized. The reason for its excellent standard of living and quality of life was because so many of its citizens were union members. Unions preserved American jobs, increased productivity, broadened the tax base, vastly expanded the middle class and insured its high quality of life. Despite its image as a highly industrialized state, Ohio also had a thriving agricultural industry. Then Reagan came into the White Wash House. That jacka$$ destroyed unions and screwed farmers more than anyone since Hoover. Notwithstanding all this, Reagan, as you said, ascribed all of the screw ups that took place to the Democrats. Somehow, people bought into those lies even though there isn't a word of truth in all that mierda. It is just incredible to see how people can be so stupid. Delusionalism at its worse.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

https://i.redd.it/r6m5i9ojxuod1.jpeg

CONservatives - utterly mindless.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Seacoaster(1)

Re: Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

There wasn't a "Disgusting Republicans Who Allegedly Pay for Underage Sex" thread, so I guess it goes here:

https://www.notus.org/florida/new-court ... -sex-party

"Rep. Matt Gaetz attended a drug-fueled sex party in 2017 with the 17-year-old girl at the center of the alleged sex trafficking scandal, according to legal documents filed to a Florida federal court shortly before midnight Thursday, which cite sealed affidavits from three eyewitness testimonies.

The minor, who was a junior in high school at the time, arrived in her mother’s car for a July 15, 2017, party at the Florida home of Chris Dorworth, a lobbyist and friend of Gaetz’s, according to a court filing written by defense attorneys who interviewed witnesses as part of an ongoing civil lawsuit Dorworth brought in 2023.

The lobbyist claimed he had been unfairly dragged into the alleged sex trafficking scandal that has dogged Gaetz and his allies for years. Dorworth ultimately dropped the case, but lawyers filed these documents in an attempt to recoup attorneys fees for a lawsuit they say should never have been brought.

One eyewitness cited in the court filings, a young woman referred to as K.M., provided a sworn affidavit that claimed the teenage girl was naked, partygoers were there to “engage in sexual activities,” and “alcohol, cocaine, ecstasy … and marijuana” were present. The teenage girl was identified in the filings only as A.B.

“The discovery taken in this case to date reflects that on Saturday, July 15, 2017 … Dorworth, hosted a party at his residence … with the following guests present: (1) A.B.; (2) K.M.; (3) B.G.; (4) Matt Gaetz,” lawyers wrote in the filing, also listing several others. The defense lawyers filed testimonies from those three women — who the attorneys say placed Gaetz at Dorworth’s house that night — under seal pending a judge’s approval to make the records public.

Additionally, Gaetz’s own ex-girlfriend — who was present at the party — provided testimony that lawyers say rebuts Dorworth’s claims that he was not there. NOTUS independently verified that Gaetz and one of the women who testified were previously involved in a relationship; she is only identified in the court filing by her initials, B.G.

The congressman’s ex-girlfriend’s eleventh hour testimony on Sept. 3 came just two days before Dorworth dropped his lawsuit, defense attorneys said in the filing. The defense lawyers also relied on Dorworth’s geolocated cell phone records, which showed that he communicated constantly with the congressman that day. The defense’s court filings show a hired digital forensic examiner identified Gaetz’s number, which has a Florida panhandle 850 area code and texted back and forth 30 times that day and then called Dorworth twice in the hours before the evening revelry. “B.G., another attendee at that party, confirmed A.B.’s testimony under penalty of perjury,” defense lawyers wrote.

This marks the first time that sworn testimony has been referenced in public court filings alleging that the congressman attended one of the long-rumored parties tied to an alleged underage sex scandal. Previous reports have revealed details of ex-politician and Gaetz friend Joel Greenberg’s confession letter that was never made public, which described how Gaetz would allegedly pay him to arrange several sexual encounters with young women — including a 17-year-old girl. Greenberg is serving an 11-year prison sentence for a list of charges, including fraud and sex trafficking with a child.

There have also been reports of Venmo payment transactions that were also never released showing the congressman paying Greenberg on at least one occasion.

In 2021, Gaetz appeared on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show and asserted, “The person doesn’t exist. I have not had a relationship with a 17-year-old. That is totally false.” Gaetz has denied allegations that he has ever had sex with a minor or participated in sex trafficking.

The Department of Justice investigated Gaetz and ultimately declined to file criminal charges.

Gaetz did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Records also show that A.B., who was born in 1999, attended three weekly deposition sessions in July and testified in front of lawyers in Boulder, Colorado.

The new details were released in a cache of court filings that were ironically made public as a direct result of the congressman’s friend, Dorworth, trying to make this disappear.

When the DOJ dropped the investigation, Dorworth sued several people including Greenberg, and the woman who claimed she was sex-trafficked by Gaetz when she was only 17.

Dorworth responded by text message Friday morning, repeating his claim that he “never met” the teenager, “not once in my life.”

“She is also lying about Matt Gaetz,” he added.

Dorworth said his account is supported by a polygraph test he took years ago during which he was asked about the alleged encounters, and he noted that he is “still suing Joel, his parents and his company in state court.” He also took issue with the way defense lawyers referenced material that he stressed was “confidential.”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

The newly pro-women GOP features "Florida," where the government is now mandating local school districts use abstinence-based sex education: “they may not teach teenagers about contraception, show them pictures depicting human reproductive anatomy or discuss topics such as sexual consent and domestic violence.”

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/2024/09/22 ... raception/

So, this is in a state in which a woman, or girl, cannot terminate a pregnancy after six weeks, and is now mandating schools not teach about consent or contraception.

I guess we are only waiting for the Ken Paxton-style "hunt them down if they leave the state for reproductive care" shoe to drop.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:01 am The newly pro-women GOP features "Florida," where the government is now mandating local school districts use abstinence-based sex education: “they may not teach teenagers about contraception, show them pictures depicting human reproductive anatomy or discuss topics such as sexual consent and domestic violence.”

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/2024/09/22 ... raception/

So, this is in a state in which a woman, or girl, cannot terminate a pregnancy after six weeks, and is now mandating schools not teach about consent or contraception.

I guess we are only waiting for the Ken Paxton-style "hunt them down if they leave the state for reproductive care" shoe to drop.
Gee, it's REAL hard to figure out who is wrong, and who is right with this idiocy.

This is why I keep saying that those who claim that abortion is murder are lying their *sses off. If they REALLY believed this? They'd be falling all over themselves, passing laws left and right.....and sending BILLIONS for sex ed and contraception.

The fact that they don't do that tells you they're lying. And this is about controlling women.

And where are the laws holding men responsible for unwanted pregnancies? Gee whiz golly, what a "coincidence" that every abortion law hits women and not men for their choices?
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Colorado is teaching sex ed and making contraception available. They had a sharp drop in unwanted pregnancies. It can be done. I belueve the drop was 50% or so.

The anti abortion folk do not want to do a thing for a fetus after it is born. Nor do they want go adopt kids. Strangly enough many anti abortion supporters favor the death penalty and policies that will shorten life expectancies and sub optimize healthcare.

I had one antiabortionist tell me most of the world is with her including Asian countries where when a baby is norn they are one year old. And it is true but not bcs of date of conception. It is bcs rhey count years lived in eg if you were more in any one year you sre now on the earth for one year.

I don’t fund any religious basis for it.

Want to reduce unwanted births teach sex ed and make contraception available. It will work.
a fan

Post by a fan »

OCanada wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:39 pm Colorado is teaching sex ed and making contraception available. They had a sharp drop in unwanted pregnancies. It can be done. I belueve the drop was 50% or so.
It was that big of a drop.

Guess which party killed the program? :roll:

These people don't believe it's murder. Or, if you prefer, they don't understand logic, and are idiots. Take your pick.
OCanada wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:39 pm The anti abortion folk do not want to do a thing for a fetus after it is born. Nor do they want go adopt kids. Strangly enough many anti abortion supporters favor the death penalty and policies that will shorten life expectancies and sub optimize healthcare.

I had one antiabortionist tell me most of the world is with her including Asian countries where when a baby is norn they are one year old. And it is true but not bcs of date of conception. It is bcs rhey count years lived in eg if you were more in any one year you sre now on the earth for one year.

Want to reduce unwanted births teach sex ed and make contraception available. It will work.
Yep.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

OCanada wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 1:39 pm Colorado is teaching sex ed and making contraception available. They had a sharp drop in unwanted pregnancies. It can be done. I belueve the drop was 50% or so.

The anti abortion folk do not want to do a thing for a fetus after it is born. Nor do they want go adopt kids. Strangly enough many anti abortion supporters favor the death penalty and policies that will shorten life expectancies and sub optimize healthcare.

I like the approach of some Catholic girls I’ve there’s who’s claimed virginity lasted longer than most. Now while they won’t let it in the once they’re far more malleable about putting it in the stink…
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:46 am There wasn't a "Disgusting Republicans Who Allegedly Pay for Underage Sex" thread, so I guess it goes here:

https://www.notus.org/florida/new-court ... -sex-party

"Rep. Matt Gaetz attended a drug-fueled sex party in 2017 with the 17-year-old girl at the center of the alleged sex trafficking scandal, according to legal documents filed to a Florida federal court shortly before midnight Thursday, which cite sealed affidavits from three eyewitness testimonies.

The minor, who was a junior in high school at the time, arrived in her mother’s car for a July 15, 2017, party at the Florida home of Chris Dorworth, a lobbyist and friend of Gaetz’s, according to a court filing written by defense attorneys who interviewed witnesses as part of an ongoing civil lawsuit Dorworth brought in 2023.

The lobbyist claimed he had been unfairly dragged into the alleged sex trafficking scandal that has dogged Gaetz and his allies for years. Dorworth ultimately dropped the case, but lawyers filed these documents in an attempt to recoup attorneys fees for a lawsuit they say should never have been brought.

One eyewitness cited in the court filings, a young woman referred to as K.M., provided a sworn affidavit that claimed the teenage girl was naked, partygoers were there to “engage in sexual activities,” and “alcohol, cocaine, ecstasy … and marijuana” were present. The teenage girl was identified in the filings only as A.B.

“The discovery taken in this case to date reflects that on Saturday, July 15, 2017 … Dorworth, hosted a party at his residence … with the following guests present: (1) A.B.; (2) K.M.; (3) B.G.; (4) Matt Gaetz,” lawyers wrote in the filing, also listing several others. The defense lawyers filed testimonies from those three women — who the attorneys say placed Gaetz at Dorworth’s house that night — under seal pending a judge’s approval to make the records public.

Additionally, Gaetz’s own ex-girlfriend — who was present at the party — provided testimony that lawyers say rebuts Dorworth’s claims that he was not there. NOTUS independently verified that Gaetz and one of the women who testified were previously involved in a relationship; she is only identified in the court filing by her initials, B.G.

The congressman’s ex-girlfriend’s eleventh hour testimony on Sept. 3 came just two days before Dorworth dropped his lawsuit, defense attorneys said in the filing. The defense lawyers also relied on Dorworth’s geolocated cell phone records, which showed that he communicated constantly with the congressman that day. The defense’s court filings show a hired digital forensic examiner identified Gaetz’s number, which has a Florida panhandle 850 area code and texted back and forth 30 times that day and then called Dorworth twice in the hours before the evening revelry. “B.G., another attendee at that party, confirmed A.B.’s testimony under penalty of perjury,” defense lawyers wrote.

This marks the first time that sworn testimony has been referenced in public court filings alleging that the congressman attended one of the long-rumored parties tied to an alleged underage sex scandal. Previous reports have revealed details of ex-politician and Gaetz friend Joel Greenberg’s confession letter that was never made public, which described how Gaetz would allegedly pay him to arrange several sexual encounters with young women — including a 17-year-old girl. Greenberg is serving an 11-year prison sentence for a list of charges, including fraud and sex trafficking with a child.

There have also been reports of Venmo payment transactions that were also never released showing the congressman paying Greenberg on at least one occasion.

In 2021, Gaetz appeared on Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show and asserted, “The person doesn’t exist. I have not had a relationship with a 17-year-old. That is totally false.” Gaetz has denied allegations that he has ever had sex with a minor or participated in sex trafficking.

The Department of Justice investigated Gaetz and ultimately declined to file criminal charges.

Gaetz did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Records also show that A.B., who was born in 1999, attended three weekly deposition sessions in July and testified in front of lawyers in Boulder, Colorado.

The new details were released in a cache of court filings that were ironically made public as a direct result of the congressman’s friend, Dorworth, trying to make this disappear.

When the DOJ dropped the investigation, Dorworth sued several people including Greenberg, and the woman who claimed she was sex-trafficked by Gaetz when she was only 17.

Dorworth responded by text message Friday morning, repeating his claim that he “never met” the teenager, “not once in my life.”

“She is also lying about Matt Gaetz,” he added.

Dorworth said his account is supported by a polygraph test he took years ago during which he was asked about the alleged encounters, and he noted that he is “still suing Joel, his parents and his company in state court.” He also took issue with the way defense lawyers referenced material that he stressed was “confidential.”
“ who was a junior in high school at the time, arrived in her mother’s car”

Where to begin?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Mark Robinson - typical right wing pundit and proponent of MAGA delusionalism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV7EHP6NbLg

Self hating racist, anti-Semite, sexist, slavery apologist, and huge fan of tRump. But no surprise as birds of a feather do stick together.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

JD Vance (republiCONs) and Putin are of a single mind. All freedom loving people should vote for republiCONs.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

OCanada wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:04 pm The religious right’s origins

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ns-107133/
...yup, segregation is the cause most dear to the hearts of these fascists.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

typical right wing double standards

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

https://www.propublica.org/article/ariz ... t-meltdown

"School Vouchers Were Supposed to Save Taxpayer Money. Instead They Blew a Massive Hole in Arizona’s Budget.
In 2022, Arizona pioneered the largest school voucher program in the history of education. Under a new law, any parent in the state, no matter how affluent, could get a taxpayer-funded voucher worth up to tens of thousands of dollars to spend on private school tuition, extracurricular programs or homeschooling supplies.

In just the past two years, nearly a dozen states have enacted sweeping voucher programs similar to Arizona’s Empowerment Scholarship Account system, with many using it as a model.

Yet in a lesson for these other states, Arizona’s voucher experiment has since precipitated a budget meltdown. The state this year faced a $1.4 billion budget shortfall, much of which was a result of the new voucher spending, according to the Grand Canyon Institute, a local nonpartisan fiscal and economic policy think tank. Last fiscal year alone, the price tag of universal vouchers in Arizona skyrocketed from an original official estimate of just under $65 million to roughly $332 million, the Grand Canyon analysis found; another $429 million in costs is expected this year.

As a result of all this unexpected spending, alongside some recent revenue losses, Arizona is now having to make deep cuts to a wide swath of critical state programs and projects, the pain of which will be felt by average Arizonans who may or may not have school-aged children.

Among the funding slashed: $333 million for water infrastructure projects, in a state where water scarcity will shape the future, and tens of millions of dollars for highway expansions and repairs in congested areas of one of the nation’s fastest-growing metropolises — Phoenix and its suburbs. Also nixed were improvements to the air conditioning in state prisons, where temperatures can soar above 100 degrees. Arizona’s community colleges, too, are seeing their budgets cut by $54 million."
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Phony Congressional candidate uses fake family for photo

This is just weird. Why take a photo like that if you're not trying to appear like a family? You couldn't take one of yourself talking to them or something? Or just trying to scam voters? I mean it even says he has a fiancee and a dog. That's plenty for a family photo.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:21 pm I have been to Springfield a bunch of times…..know it well. Dude that ran our small business unit played HS football there before heading off to Cincinnati for college ball. The worst thing to happen to Springfield was Ronald Reagan green lighting union busting and blaming US workers for being the problem with American companies.

https://x.com/LJS527/status/1834250123720704386

https://www.npr.org/2016/09/19/49392006 ... mic-future

At one time Ohio was spoken of as a model state where middle class values and lifestyle were idealized. The reason for its excellent standard of living and quality of life was because so many of its citizens were union members. Unions preserved American jobs, increased productivity, broadened the tax base, vastly expanded the middle class and insured its high quality of life. Despite its image as a highly industrialized state, Ohio also had a thriving agricultural industry. Then Reagan came into the White Wash House. That jacka$$ destroyed unions and screwed farmers more than anyone since Hoover. Notwithstanding all this, Reagan, as you said, ascribed all of the screw ups that took place to the Democrats. Somehow, people bought into those lies even though there isn't a word of truth in all that mierda. It is just incredible to see how people can be so stupid. Delusionalism at its worse.
Easier for them to believe the fable he was peddling than the truth.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 9:42 am https://www.propublica.org/article/ariz ... t-meltdown

"School Vouchers Were Supposed to Save Taxpayer Money. Instead They Blew a Massive Hole in Arizona’s Budget.
In 2022, Arizona pioneered the largest school voucher program in the history of education. Under a new law, any parent in the state, no matter how affluent, could get a taxpayer-funded voucher worth up to tens of thousands of dollars to spend on private school tuition, extracurricular programs or homeschooling supplies.

In just the past two years, nearly a dozen states have enacted sweeping voucher programs similar to Arizona’s Empowerment Scholarship Account system, with many using it as a model.

Yet in a lesson for these other states, Arizona’s voucher experiment has since precipitated a budget meltdown. The state this year faced a $1.4 billion budget shortfall, much of which was a result of the new voucher spending, according to the Grand Canyon Institute, a local nonpartisan fiscal and economic policy think tank. Last fiscal year alone, the price tag of universal vouchers in Arizona skyrocketed from an original official estimate of just under $65 million to roughly $332 million, the Grand Canyon analysis found; another $429 million in costs is expected this year.

As a result of all this unexpected spending, alongside some recent revenue losses, Arizona is now having to make deep cuts to a wide swath of critical state programs and projects, the pain of which will be felt by average Arizonans who may or may not have school-aged children.

Among the funding slashed: $333 million for water infrastructure projects, in a state where water scarcity will shape the future, and tens of millions of dollars for highway expansions and repairs in congested areas of one of the nation’s fastest-growing metropolises — Phoenix and its suburbs. Also nixed were improvements to the air conditioning in state prisons, where temperatures can soar above 100 degrees. Arizona’s community colleges, too, are seeing their budgets cut by $54 million."
Let them drink water…
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I worked on refinancing Dams at one time. I remember seeing data on water deficit states. AZ was a big one. Do for that matter was FL. In the event besides lack of rain a big contributor was the state’s share of the Colorado River which was determined when the Compact was signed. Unfortunately when that was negotiated the Colorado was at peak flow so deficits were built in. It was long enough ago inam sure i am forgetting something
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Can we get some anti-Semitism? We sure can, and in a sweet southern drawl too. Fun.

https://x.com/atrupar/status/1841846221268262951

Return to “POLITICS”