Johns Hopkins 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
steel_hop

Re: Johns Hopkins 2025

Post by steel_hop »

51percentcorn wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:50 pm I'm not saying it doesn't happen - Albany always came down to Homewood for example. Smaller programs want the exposure. I am just thinking out loud that none of the OOCs are smaller opponents. You don't really want to replace any of the OOCs - 2 extremely local rivalries (Towson/Loyola) 4 pretty historic rivalries dating back to at least the 1980s if not close to 100 years - UVA/Syracuse/UNC/Navy. The two obvious candidates are Georgetown and Denver and neither of those programs would be incredibly inclined to give up a home game just to make Hopkins schedule more home/away balanced. As I said before - Hopkins Denver is a match-up that appears to be the likely candidate to someday go away because of travel but if these same 13 games are on for 2026 - the easiest solution would be for JHU to do a switcheroo with someone - have 7 homes games in 2026 instead of 8 and then go from there.
You are right...meant junior (still doesn't make me feel young). Denver is probably the one that is going to change in 2026. But, we've dropped Towson, Loyola and UVA as opponents over the years. Yes, I know there was consternation with UVA and that wouldn't be the team we should drop to fix the schedule. I see no reason why we can't do it again to "fix" the schedule. As a top tier program, with a 13 game schedule, Hopkins should always have at least 6-7 home games. 5 is absurdly not enough (even if many games are only a bus ride).
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

IL's updated freshmen rankings:

#45 McCleary
#51 Hobot
#83 DiCicco
#85 Gregorek
#88 Cook
#92 Crogan
#99 Eye

By school:

8 - Duke, Virginia, North Carolina
7 - Johns Hopkins, Maryland, Notre Dame
6 - Princeton, Harvard, Georgetown
5 - Syracuse, Penn
4 - Yale, Cornell, Penn State
2 - Ohio State, Brown, Loyola, Lehigh
1 - Army, Denver, BU, Jacksonville, Utah, Rutgers, Dartmouth
0 - Michigan

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... no-1/64119
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... no-1/64119

McCleary at 45 is our highest rated freshman. I don't remember the last time our highest rated recruit was ranked that low. There should have been a ton of scholarship money freed up with that class that just graduated.

14/23 5 stars are acc freshmen. Start to wonder with all the top kids UVA/Duke/Notre Dame are getting class after class if some of those kids will want to transfer. You can only play so many and when you're that good you're not going to college to sit in the spring.

Like the lack of 5 star recruits I don't know what to make of the schedule. PM/Jameson have earned a level of trust I guess based on what they've done the last few years.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

"But we have 7 4 stars"-Yeah but was that because they whiffed on some guys higher up?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:29 am "But we have 7 4 stars"-Yeah but was that because they whiffed on some guys higher up?
This was the class that committed after the 7-9 season in 2022. Things were pretty bleak then. Would have been even worse if they didn't flip DiCicco and Gregorek. The fact that they still recruited better than four of the other five B1G teams is pretty good. Considering how bad things were immediately after the coaching change, it's a minor miracle they were able to bring in this many top 100 kids at all. What's Ohio State's excuse?

Reminder that your favorite player Grimes was ranked #4, Martin was like #70, and Degnon wasn't ranked at all.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:51 am
jhu06 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2024 9:29 am "But we have 7 4 stars"-Yeah but was that because they whiffed on some guys higher up?
This was the class that committed after the 7-9 season in 2022. Things were pretty bleak then. Would have been even worse if they didn't flip DiCicco and Gregorek. The fact that they still recruited better than four of the other five B1G teams is pretty good. Considering how bad things were immediately after the coaching change, it's a minor miracle they were able to bring in this many top 100 kids at all. What's Ohio State's excuse?

Reminder that your favorite player Grimes was ranked #4, Martin was like #70, and Degnon wasn't ranked at all.
These are good points.

12-13-14 they had 8 home games a year but that included games like siena. The big ten tournament is in michigan next year which means from march 8 on they're going to play as many if not more games in ann arbor as homewood.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”