All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Kismet

Re: All Things Environment

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:22 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:30 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:02 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:59 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:54 pm Uh oh......we have a juxtaposition here. https://x.com/ChrisMartzWX/status/1837142080398716982

Is the TWP now fake news?
Or
Are we really not in a warming crisis and TWP now trying to subtly walk it back?
Geez. YA.

Tell you what: I'll give you the weekend to think about what you just posted. Look at the chart again, think about how long humans were in that chart, and use your head.
That's the entire point....catch up.
Yeah, you didn't do as I asked. Think about humans, and temps you think we can survive. Looking at hotter periods where we're not there ain't real helpful.
The point, which eludes you, and as cradle often states, 'the earth is going earth' and the temps were at their highest in this chart when zero humans were roaming the earth...and yet, we somehow believe we can control that.

Of course we can be great stewards to this God provided visit we are offered, but to think we can 'control' mother nature, when it is clear as day, She is going to do her thing regardless.
Except for that vertical line at the right side of the chart which is the opposite of what Mother Nature had been doing for quite some time before that (for about 25 million years).
Not following you, sorry.
Look at the right side of the chart - note the VERTICAL increase in temperature most recently from the general cooling that has been going on for millions of years
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:29 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 5:22 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:00 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:30 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:02 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:59 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:54 pm Uh oh......we have a juxtaposition here. https://x.com/ChrisMartzWX/status/1837142080398716982

Is the TWP now fake news?
Or
Are we really not in a warming crisis and TWP now trying to subtly walk it back?
Geez. YA.

Tell you what: I'll give you the weekend to think about what you just posted. Look at the chart again, think about how long humans were in that chart, and use your head.
That's the entire point....catch up.
Yeah, you didn't do as I asked. Think about humans, and temps you think we can survive. Looking at hotter periods where we're not there ain't real helpful.
The point, which eludes you, and as cradle often states, 'the earth is going earth' and the temps were at their highest in this chart when zero humans were roaming the earth...and yet, we somehow believe we can control that.

Of course we can be great stewards to this God provided visit we are offered, but to think we can 'control' mother nature, when it is clear as day, She is going to do her thing regardless.
Except for that vertical line at the right side of the chart which is the opposite of what Mother Nature had been doing for quite some time before that (for about 25 million years).
Not following you, sorry.
Look at the right side of the chart - note the VERTICAL increase in temperature most recently from the general cooling that has been going on for millions of years
Some people are stupid. The Earth will be fine. The people is another story.
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Interesting take on Real Time with Bill Maher this week- Bjørn Lomborg, Danish political scientist, statistician, and author of "False Alarm: How Climate Change Panic Costs Us Trillions, Hurts the Poor, and Fails to Fix the Planet."

Worth a watch - he even had Bill thinking about his premise by the end of the piece.

https://lomborg.com/
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:05 am Interesting take on Real Time with Bill Maher this week- Bjørn Lomborg, Danish political scientist, statistician, and author of "False Alarm: How Climate Change Panic Costs Us Trillions, Hurts the Poor, and Fails to Fix the Planet."

Worth a watch - he even had Bill thinking about his premise by the end of the piece.

https://lomborg.com/
It was a great panel....and frankly, almost everything they were saying would classify as a post by me, OS, Cradle, Kramer, tech, etc....

~ Electric Cars are dirtier: Yet, chew up tires and brakes at almost 2x from gas cars. And the word Bjorn was looking for was "embodied carbon", which is all the carbon spent just to get the product to market, all the down to the bulldozer and dump truck fuel during mining.

~ The Bi-Partisan Immigration Bill was really not that good: the comment "High Walls and Wide Gates" with legislation that 'The People" agree upon is how this works....referencing how this dates back to Bush Reagan debating.

~ Bjorn on UN Gen Assbly: Paraphrasing here.....How about we 'Line Item" things we can get accomplished at roughly a rounding error on what we typically spend, like "fix TB", "Save new born and birthing mouthers", which have a death rate rather high for care not offered as a global standard.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:38 am It was a great panel....and frankly, almost everything they were saying would classify as a post by me, OS, Cradle, Kramer, tech, etc....

~ Electric Cars are dirtier: Yet, chew up tires and brakes at almost 2x from gas cars. And the word Bjorn was looking for was "embodied carbon", which is all the carbon spent just to get the product to market, all the down to the bulldozer and dump truck fuel during mining.

~ The Bi-Partisan Immigration Bill was really not that good: the comment "High Walls and Wide Gates" with legislation that 'The People" agree upon is how this works....referencing how this dates back to Bush Reagan debating.

~ Bjorn on UN Gen Assbly: Paraphrasing here.....How about we 'Line Item" things we can get accomplished at roughly a rounding error on what we typically spend, like "fix TB", "Save new born and birthing mouthers", which have a death rate rather high for care not offered as a global standard.

While we may agree on many things he is espousing - that he sounded like anyone here except maybe you and Kramerica is delusional. ;)

He never mentioned Roy Spencer
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:26 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:38 am It was a great panel....and frankly, almost everything they were saying would classify as a post by me, OS, Cradle, Kramer, tech, etc....

While we may agree on many things he is espousing - that he sounded like anyone here except maybe you and Kramerica is delusional. ;)

He never mentioned Roy Spencer
Dr Spencer is the only highly qualified individual in the study of the environment that actually knows what he is talking about. His PhD is certainly bigger than the wisdom of the gullible pipsqueaks on this forum. He may not even own an EV...😜
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:32 am Dr Spencer is the only highly qualified individual in the study of the environment that actually knows what he is talking about. His PhD is certainly bigger than the wisdom of the gullible pipsqueaks on this forum. He may not even own an EV...😜
Past is prologue.
My point is that Bjorn is a lot saner than Roy Spencer.
Truth be told I'd rather be a pipsqueak than a loudmouth a-hole. ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:42 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:32 am Dr Spencer is the only highly qualified individual in the study of the environment that actually knows what he is talking about. His PhD is certainly bigger than the wisdom of the gullible pipsqueaks on this forum. He may not even own an EV...😜
Past is prologue.
My point is that Bjorn is a lot saner than Roy Spencer.
Truth be told I'd rather be a pipsqueak than a loudmouth a-hole. ;)
I don't know...you do a remarkable impression of a loudmouth a hole at times. FTR I've been a regular reader of Dr Spencers blog for many years. I guess taking a common sense approach to the environment not based on emotional instability doesn't register with most people. There is no solution being put forth that could change anything in our environment if that is even possible for many many many years. FTR there is no answer to what the equilibrium of CO2 in PPM should be. In theory if the CO2 levels can be reduced then in a hundred years or more, nobody really knows for sure then things may change. The fact is that there is not a scientist on the planet that knows what the future has in store. What is certain in my opinion is trying to scare the chit out of people in regards to what is not known is wrong. One thing for certain is peddling fear to the huddled masses can be a very effective tool.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

He's a political scientist, not an engineer. He is leaving out the gasoline part of the equation, and instead just looking at the "finished car as it sits in the showroom". And leaving out that we will find better batteries made out of more sustainable materials over time. We used to make our cars out of steel, remember?

The electric car is a net gain for the Earth if (if) you use nuclear or other sustainable energy and look at the total lifecycle of each type of transportation. Electric trains are better still...folks never talk about that. But yes, so long as liberal doorknobs like DocB refuse to consider nuclear, these electric cars are a net loss....and mostly run on coal/natural gas.

We have to work on the entire system (car, power source, reuse of materials)---we're not doing that in the US. And it's both the libs and the R's who are standing in the way, as they are for most solutions to even our simplest problems.

Here in America, your side wants to give up, and stop innovating so badly that you've made any efforts to change from where we are the enemy.

I don't get it, and never will. How the F did we land on the moon all those years ago, is what I want to know......
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:38 am ~ The Bi-Partisan Immigration Bill was really not that good: the comment "High Walls and Wide Gates" with legislation that 'The People" agree upon is how this works....referencing how this dates back to Bush Reagan debating.
Fine. But as usual, you guys want to compare it to a "magic perfect bill" that you can't detail, and doesn't exist. I'm comparing it to status quo, and I want the farmers I use to not be stuck in red tape hell trying to get workers. You and your friends don't care because you're perfectly happy buying food that's imported. So every passing year, more and more of our food comes from across the borders. That's what you want? Fine. Agree to disagree.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:08 pm I don't know...you do a remarkable impression of a loudmouth a hole at times.
I thought you called us pipsqueaks?

As George Bernard Shaw famously said -
"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it."

Applies here I'm afraid. :oops: :P
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:23 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:08 pm I don't know...you do a remarkable impression of a loudmouth a hole at times.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it."

Well I'm flexible enough to to label your idiotic opinions in whatever manner they need to be addressed. GBS would understand your confusion I'm certain of it. :D Have you ever mud wrestled with a pig? I'm asking for a friend.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:45 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:23 pm

Well I'm flexible enough to to label your idiotic opinions in whatever manner they need to be addressed. GBS would understand your confusion I'm certain of it. :D Have you ever mud wrestled with a pig? I'm asking for a friend.
Oink! Oink Einstein!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your lipstick is showing
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Rang Gaia’s bell.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:06 am
Rang Gaia’s bell.
The Earth will be just fine without people. C&S and people like him don’t distinguish “save our habitat” from “save the planet”. The planet will probably do better without people…Not sure people can do better without a hospitable habitat.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://medium.com/@Chiran35/earths-cry ... 8cb74ca236

The Vedic tradition offers profound insights into our relationship with nature. Long before climate summits, a legendary king of ancient India, King Bikramaditya, adopted policies that are strangely prescient in today’s world. Bikramaditya, a ruler known for his wisdom and foresight, implemented practices to maintain ecological balance. His administration encouraged afforestation, a policy we now know to be vital for absorbing carbon emissions. He promoted rainwater harvesting and sustainable agricultural methods, protecting water resources and preventing soil degradation.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Apparently the hurricane was caused by the great left wing conspiracy machine per the right win conspiracy theorists.
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/30/climate/ ... index.html

The Earth will survive and maybe even thrive.. our habitat may not.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

OCanada wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2024 10:47 am Apparently the hurricane was caused by the great left wing conspiracy machine per the right win conspiracy theorists.

tRump and the GOP will soon say Biden and the Democrats are the cause of it. While these Republican states hate Federal regulation and taxation, they go with hats in hand begging the Feds for monetary relief rather than spend their own monies on fixing the mess.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”