Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:12 pm Interesting that there’s a refusal to actually answer the question about duties. Of course, that’s because she was never responsible for border policy in any way, but hey that’s not what right wing propaganda tells them.

So, why not just make the lies even more extreme?

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/29/politics ... index.html
No need to answer any questions, Biden stated them for everyone, and it is rather evident she made it worse. I also like how you inserted the sneaky little term 'policy' to justify your argument; clever tactic to wiggle out of accountability.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:22 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:17 pm https://www.reuters.com/world/us/republ ... 024-07-30/

Border Czar is a Republican term applied to her. The VP of the USA is responsible for immigration. That’s a new one.
Gee fellas, I wonder why these same exact posters never made one single comment about Mike Pence for four years about how he's "doing it wrong'. Isn't that a "weird coincidence" that Pence and every VP before him wasn't responsible for doodly?

How this all fits together in their minds is just....breathtaking.

I'm excited to see them tell us that VP Walz isn't responsible for anything at all in, oh, about five weeks. :roll:
When you assign tasks to your employees, that they graciously accept, and they make matters worse, do you consider that a job well done. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:37 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:17 pm https://www.reuters.com/world/us/republ ... 024-07-30/

Border Czar is a Republican term applied to her. The VP of the USA is responsible for immigration. That’s a new one.
Gee fellas, I wonder why these same exact posters never made one single comment about Mike Pence for four years about how he's "doing it wrong'. Isn't that a "weird coincidence" that Pence and every VP before him wasn't responsible for doodly?

I'm excited to see them tell us that VP Walz isn't responsible for anything at all in, oh, about five weeks. :roll:
When you assign tasks to your employees, that they graciously accept, and they make matters worse, do you consider that a job well done. :lol:
I may be misunderstanding, however please explain what “matters” the VP “made worse”.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:20 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:19 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:34 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:21 pm Both POTUS' had a majority in their terms, and both signed no legislation. But one made it worse than the other, which is what we are fussing about now. Guess which one? ;)
You're ripping Biden for "letting" Trump kill the bipartisan bill??

Dude, you can't help yourself, can you?
Ha!!! Every Trump EO was torn up before the bill was even considered. Wake up. 😂
What the heck does this have to do with what I wrote.

Let me end this conversation, since it's the same as every fake conversation you, tech, and OS have here:

Dems are bad. R's will make America perfect, Vote Trump.

There. I cut through hundreds of posts that all say the same thing.

Don't worry, Trump is coming in a matter of weeks. And when he arrives again, you, tech, and OS will be happy, and won't have a single thing to complain about Federally.

And like clockwork, if anything bad happens in America, you chaps will move your criticism away from Trump and the Federal Government, and find the closest Dem you can find at the State or local level, and tell us they're "doing it wrong".

Oh, and any problems overseas will be ignored, or blamed on anyone but Trump.

We've all seen this movie of yours dozens of times now.
It has to do with what we were discussing....but you forget, then went back to your 'Policy". My reply was the that Trump had plenty of EO's that were in play and making positive changes, and Mayorkas and Biden scrubbed them all (posted Mayorkas saying this earler on CNN), and THAT WAS BEFORE THE BILL WAS EVEN CONCEIVED.

Had they just let it ride, we very well could have been in a far better position, and if not, we'd be able to argue rationally that what he had in play did not work....kinda hard to do that now, no?
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

To keep to your metaphor.

When I assign tasks to my employees.....I don't go ask a RepublicanVoter whether or not they did a good job. Because no matter what the employee does, a Republican will find a way to throw stones. I'm better off asking a garden rake when their opinion is. Or a small rock.

Because both my employee and I know that RepublicanVoter has zero interest in actually getting the job done. All a RepublicanVoter wants to do is complain and throw stone no matter what my employee does or doesn't do.

And I also know that if I put that magic R next to my company's name? Oh, suddenly, the RepublicanVoter would broadcast to the world that my company is the best-est company ever.

Does that answer your question?
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:45 pm It has to do with what we were discussing....but you forget, then went back to your 'Policy". My reply was the that Trump had plenty of EO's that were in play and making positive changes, and Mayorkas and Biden scrubbed them all (posted Mayorkas saying this earler on CNN), and THAT WAS BEFORE THE BILL WAS EVEN CONCEIVED.
That's the BiPartisan bill

Biden himself had his bill ready to go just WEEKS after the election. You didn't care, and the House never so much as looked at it.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:45 pm Had they just let it ride, we very well could have been in a far better position, and if not, we'd be able to argue rationally that what he had in play did not work....kinda hard to do that now, no?
You and I both know had Biden let it ride, you'd be on here complaining anyway.

Or are you telling me you haven't caught on to this game yet? Do you STILL think the Dems can do something right in your eyes, or in the RVoter's eyes?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:45 pm

When I assign tasks to my employees.....I don't go ask a RepublicanVoter whether or not they did a good job. Because no matter what the employee does, a Republican will find a way to throw stones. I'm better off asking a garden rake when their opinion is. Or a small rock.

Because both my employee and I know that RepublicanVoter has zero interest in actually getting the job done. All a RepublicanVoter wants to do is complain and throw stone no matter what my employee does or doesn't do.

And I also know that if I put that magic R next to my company's name? Oh, suddenly, the RepublicanVoter would broadcast to the world that my company is the best-est company ever.

Not in the slightest and you know it. Had your answer simply been no, we'd know you are being honest with with us all, and not playing some pandering partisan game. Amazed, that you still can't discern right from wrong, w/out assigning partisan to EVERYTHING.
~Livy

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:48 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:45 pm It has to do with what we were discussing....but you forget, then went back to your 'Policy". My reply was the that Trump had plenty of EO's that were in play and making positive changes, and Mayorkas and Biden scrubbed them all (posted Mayorkas saying this earler on CNN), and THAT WAS BEFORE THE BILL WAS EVEN CONCEIVED.
That's the BiPartisan bill

Biden himself had his bill ready to go just WEEKS after the election. You didn't care, and the House never so much as looked at it.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:45 pm Had they just let it ride, we very well could have been in a far better position, and if not, we'd be able to argue rationally that what he had in play did not work....kinda hard to do that now, no?
You and I both know had Biden let it ride, you'd be on here complaining anyway.

Or are you telling me you haven't caught on to this game yet? Do you STILL think the Dems can do something right in your eyes, or in the RVoter's eyes?
:lol: :lol:

Your partisan backfires on you. If Joe had it ready on day one as you stated, and they had the Trifecta, why didn't they roll with it immediately, just after canceling every Trump EO? Or am I wrong with the trifecta?

Oh....I have caught on to the game, played by both sides, it's infuriating; that we agree completely.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:56 pm
Your partisan backfires on you. If Joe had it ready on day one as you stated, and they had the Trifecta,
Biden didn't have filibuster proof trifecta, as you alleging. You need 60 in Senate to do that. But then you know that, because we discussed it here a ton.

https://www.reuters.com/legal/governmen ... 022-01-11/

The bill was, and is on the WhiteHouse website. It was never picked up. Why? Because the Dems didn't have the trifecta, and the R's don't REALLY want to fix the problem.

Which, as you know, is why they killed the BiPartisan bill.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:51 pm

Not in the slightest and you know it. Had your answer simply been no, we'd know you are being honest with with us all, and not playing some pandering partisan game. Amazed, that you still can't discern right from wrong, w/out assigning partisan to EVERYTHING.
That's you with the partisanship, my man. And I'm not the only guy to point this out.

You want a clean slate, and to ignore YEARS of partisan posting on your part, and tell us you're a new man?

No one believes you. Why? Because you REFUSE to criticize the R's for ANYTHING, giving us the childish excuse that "oh, you guys already do that".

If you weren't a partisan? It would NEVER occur to you to worry about what anyone else was posting here. You wouldn't care. You'd see an issue, and not give a fig about party, and not care, even a little, about the party you're criticizing.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 12:51 pm

That's you with the partisanship, my man. And I'm not the only guy to point this out.

You want a clean slate, and to ignore YEARS of partisan posting on your part, and tell us you're a new man?

No one believes you. Why? Because you REFUSE to criticize the R's for ANYTHING, giving us the childish excuse that "oh, you guys already do that".

If you weren't a partisan? It would NEVER occur to you to worry about what anyone else was posting here. You wouldn't care. You'd see an issue, and not give a fig about party, and not care, even a little, about the party you're criticizing.
You just explained everyone on this forum.... :lol:

I do not want a clean slate, I have not changed, you just want me to be a mini-you and join in the reindeer games that pile on to criticizing things done by an R, as if that's never happed. But of course, none of you callout one another, well, maybe Brooklyn ;)

Using your logic, b/c I am Christian, and am about the only one around here to post things about Christianity, if I don't take shots at Christians I can't be taken seriously. Can I join your club if I take pop shots Christians? :roll:

As to your last paragraph.....I've explained a bazillion times, you just accidentally on purpose not remember. I primarily post things that are counter to you and your fanlax club. Also, providing social media #trending posts that the world is viewing, long before it makes it to print or is even picked up by Main stream media entertainment. If you haven't noticed, plenty more around here are now posting from social media, but of course....you and your crew never give them sh(t about their content.... it's actually discussed as factual or the replies are huggin nutz with one another.

My reason for participating in the political threads, is to challenge the political mantra on these boards, which is about 75% democratic leaning. If you'd prefer echo chamber, confirming bias discussions, maybe you should cut to the chase, and just ask those of us that view, process, and believe things differently, to leave the forum? My guess, is that you enjoy this as much as we do.
~Livy

Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Trump scuttled the Lankford Border deal not only to preserve the wedge issue for the campaign; he did it to carry out a race-baiting, bigoted fear campaign for the suburbs. He lags well behind among so-called independents and women in the suburbs; this is his way of trying to gain ground there -- evoke fear of racial "others" among the electorate. It's extraordinarily disgraceful. Supporting this person and strategy just places you in the same complicit place. Maybe, just maybe, the country Trump supporters want is one in which there are "black jobs" and "Latino jobs," and white, male control -- at the price, ultimately, of effectively betraying the American experiment.

YA: "...you and your crew never give them sh(t about their content...." It may be because your "content" and sources are rumor-mongering conspiracists and racists, some of whom are in the pay of the Czar, and almost all of whom have as their central purpose division of Americans through a bugle call of faux outrage.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:13 pm I do not want a clean slate, I have not changed, you just want me to be a mini-you and join in the reindeer games that pile on to criticizing things done by an R, as if that's never happed.
You are SPECIFICALLY asking me to do EXACTLY that. You get that, right? You're on here DEMANDING I hit the Dems, yet you can't be bothered to hit the R's. My answer to you is the same answer you gave me: "oh, well I don't want to pile on, you guys are hitting the Dems plenty".

Now......explain why you're allowed to give us this BS excuse, yet I'm not allowed to play that game? I'll wait.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:13 pm Using your logic, b/c I am Christian, and am about the only one around here to post things about Christianity, if I don't take shots at Christians I can't be taken seriously. Can I join your club if I take pop shots Christians? :roll:
There are two posters here who refuse to say an ill word about their favored party, and have told us that's how they post: You and OS.

Yet both of you want us to hit the Dems. And you're telling me you can't figure out why we're laughing at your request?

Head on over to "military readiness". I've spend the last couple of days with OS, ripping on Biden (D) for his NeoCon "plan' of "arming some guy"....in this case, the Ukrainians. Not my fault you don't see me hitting Dems.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:13 pm As to your last paragraph.....I've explained a bazillion times, you just accidentally on purpose not remember. I primarily post things that are counter to you and your fanlax club. Also, providing social media #trending posts that the world is viewing, long before it makes it to print or is even picked up by Main stream media entertainment. If you haven't noticed, plenty more around here are now posting from social media, but of course....you and your crew never give them sh(t about their content.... it's actually discussed as factual or the replies are huggin nutz with one another.
Because they don't post stuff that they know full well are lies. You do. And then when we tell you that, you claim "you're just telling us what's on Social media"
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:13 pm My reason for participating in the political threads, is to challenge the political mantra on these boards, which is about 75% democratic leaning. If you'd prefer echo chamber, confirming bias discussions, maybe you should cut to the chase, and just ask those of us that view, process, and believe things differently, to leave the forum? My guess, is that you enjoy this as much as we do.
75% Dem leaning? :lol: :lol: :lol: You pay ZERO attention to what your fellow posters really think.

What you, OS, Tech and others think is "Dem leaning"....is simply folks ripping Trump a new one, and rightfully so. This is how you guys think: you think that anyone who hits the R's or Trump MUST be a Dem. You guys think there's no such thing as the American middle.

You're partisans, and it colors your entire worldview. You guys don't even notice that MOST of Trump's policies have NOTHING to do with Conservative theory. Zippo. From where you sit? You think it's IMPOSSIBLE for someone to rip on Trump from the right or center right.

You also think that (snicker) the Federal Dems are "the left". I've demonstrated FACTUALLY dozens and dozens of times that these Dem leaders are center right.

A lefty would NEVER vote to invade Iraq. A lefty would NEVER have military bases all over the Earth. A lefty would NEVER keep tax cuts in place for the rich. A lefty would NEVER hand us the POS half-measure that was Obamacare, and instead, give us the same single payer care the rest of the 1st world enjoys.

I could go on and on......like Petey and OS, you just don't want to hear that a lax board is....shocker of all shockers.....generally center right to center to center left on nearly all issues. You cats show up with your fake Conservatism (yes, largely fake, sorry)....and then clutch pearls when anyone doesn't agree with either fake conservatism (Trump), or far right nonsense like the stuff dealing with "the gays", or KKK fearmongering lies in the fake immigration discussions.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:47 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:13 pm I do not want a clean slate, I have not changed, you just want me to be a mini-you and join in the reindeer games that pile on to criticizing things done by an R, as if that's never happed.
You are SPECIFICALLY asking me to do EXACTLY that. You get that, right? You're on here DEMANDING I hit the Dems, yet you can't be bothered to hit the R's. My answer to you is the same answer you gave me: "oh, well I don't want to pile on, you guys are hitting the Dems plenty".

Now......explain why you're allowed to give us this BS excuse, yet I'm not allowed to play that game? I'll wait.
Wrong, YOU are the only one saying me and OS and TECH, etc need to do this. Your snip of me is disingenuous, ignoring the back and forth. While you pat yourself on the back for being the only that does it....well done, you just outed yourself.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:13 pm Using your logic, b/c I am Christian, and am about the only one around here to post things about Christianity, if I don't take shots at Christians I can't be taken seriously. Can I join your club if I take pop shots Christians? :roll:
Yet both of you want us to hit the Dems. And you're telling me you can't figure out why we're laughing at your request?

Head on over to "military readiness". I've spend the last couple of days with OS, ripping on Biden (D) for his NeoCon "plan' of "arming some guy"....in this case, the Ukrainians. Not my fault you don't see me hitting Dems.
There are two posters here who refuse to say an ill word about their favored party, and have told us that's how they post: You and OS.
And there are zero posters, other than (the now self-proclaimed admin czar ;) ) you, doing the same...so stop your partisan whining and hit your pals for never hitting the d's (fat chance). And I have hit Trump, again, your selective accidentally on purpose misremembering is evident.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:13 pm As to your last paragraph.....I've explained a bazillion times, you just accidentally on purpose not remember. I primarily post things that are counter to you and your fanlax club. Also, providing social media #trending posts that the world is viewing, long before it makes it to print or is even picked up by Main stream media entertainment. If you haven't noticed, plenty more around here are now posting from social media, but of course....you and your crew never give them sh(t about their content.... it's actually discussed as factual or the replies are huggin nutz with one another.
Because they don't post stuff that they know full well are lies. You do. And then when we tell you that, you claim "you're just telling us what's on Social media"
:lol: What a crock o' chit, keep fluffing the ballz of your 75%ers.
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:13 pm My reason for participating in the political threads, is to challenge the political mantra on these boards, which is about 75% democratic leaning. If you'd prefer echo chamber, confirming bias discussions, maybe you should cut to the chase, and just ask those of us that view, process, and believe things differently, to leave the forum? My guess, is that you enjoy this as much as we do.
75% Dem leaning? :lol: :lol: :lol: You pay ZERO attention to what your fellow posters really think.
Pot, Meet Kettle.
a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:47 pm What you, OS, Tech and others think is "Dem leaning"....is simply folks ripping Trump a new one, and rightfully so. This is how you guys think: you think that anyone who hits the R's or Trump MUST be a Dem. You guys think there's no such thing as the American middle.
Another crock of Chit.....I believe damned near all of us in here flirt with the middle. Hell, you've even said that before, now, when it doesn't benefits the conversation, you use it against us. I was speaking to the 75% of the way people post around here, NOT their core. But you know everyone so well. :lol:
a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:47 pm You're partisans, and it colors your entire worldview. You guys don't even notice that MOST of Trump's policies have NOTHING to do with Conservative theory. Zippo. From where you sit? You think it's IMPOSSIBLE for someone to rip on Trump from the right or center right.
Another crock of chit and neither of us are pro-trump...but don't let facts get in the way.
a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:47 pm You also think that (snicker) the Federal Dems are "the left". I've demonstrated FACTUALLY dozens and dozens of times that these Dem leaders are center right.

A lefty would NEVER vote to invade Iraq. A lefty would NEVER have military bases all over the Earth. A lefty would NEVER keep tax cuts in place for the rich. A lefty would NEVER hand us the POS half-measure that was Obamacare, and instead, give us the same single payer care the rest of the 1st world enjoys.
Who gives a chit about that, each situation presents its own challenges, circumstances, and resolve....nice to see you put everything in a nice tidy box, so that way you know how to think, rather than evaluating each issue as it arises. Nope, will never join that type of clap trap.
a fan wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:47 pm I could go on and on......like Petey and OS, you just don't want to hear that a lax board is....shocker of all shockers.....generally center right to center to center left on nearly all issues. You cats show up with your fake Conservatism (yes, largely fake, sorry)....and then clutch pearls when anyone doesn't agree with either fake conservatism (Trump), or far right nonsense like the stuff dealing with "the gays", or KKK fearmongering lies in the fake immigration discussions.
There you go, I knew you could do it, comparing Petey, to the few people to whom you disagree and engage with, so that you could be sure and win over your brethren 75%ers.

Yea, fake conservatism is not wanting a bill that spends money that we don't need to spend jsut b/c it's bi-partisan, balancing the defense budget, passing bills in a line item rather than full of pork and handouts, a strong military. Doing things more fiscally responsibly, with the laws already on the books. PPP which minimizes excess gov't spending, most things Hogan performed in MD which had him at ?75 approval rating between dems and R's. But yea......your diatribe about how you've painted me is just hogwash.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Come on, if you refuse to criticize the party with which you align then you have zero credibility. Critique needn’t mean total rejection, it simply indicates a willingness to engage in reality rather than propaganda. No party nor any set of political leaders is “perfect”.

There really are just a couple of posters unwilling to criticize the current incarnation of their party and its main leadership. Pretty much everyone else is willing to engage with various areas and degrees of disagreement.

Btw, yes, as a “Christian”, if one isn’t willing to criticize anyone else who claims the same mantle, nor the excesses more systemic in any religion including Christianity, then one loses all credibility and rightfully can be described as a propagandist.

And no, youth, you are definitely not the only poster who posts about Christianity. Kinda strange that you think otherwise.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:47 pm Come on, if you refuse to criticize the party with which you align then you have zero credibility. Critique needn’t mean total rejection, it simply indicates a willingness to engage in reality rather than propaganda. No party nor any set of political leaders is “perfect”.

There really are just a couple of posters unwilling to criticize the current incarnation of their party and its main leadership. Pretty much everyone else is willing to engage with various areas and degrees of disagreement.

Btw, yes, as a “Christian”, if one isn’t willing to criticize anyone else who claims the same mantle, nor the excesses more systemic in any religion including Christianity, then one loses all credibility and rightfully can be described as a propagandist.

And no, youth, you are definitely not the only poster who posts about Christianity. Kinda strange that you think otherwise.
No one knows more about criticizing his own party than you MD. Come to think of it I can't remember the last time you had anything good to say about the GOP. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:47 pm Come on, if you refuse to criticize the party with which you align then you have zero credibility. Critique needn’t mean total rejection, it simply indicates a willingness to engage in reality rather than propaganda. No party nor any set of political leaders is “perfect”.

No one knows more about criticizing his own party than you MD. Come to think of it I can't remember the last time you had anything good to say about the GOP. :D
You have a poor memory.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:01 pm

You have a poor memory.
Same reply I've been making over and over and over again, but you piled on as part of the 75%ers. Appreciate the help.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:56 pm Yea, fake conservatism is not wanting a bill that spends money that we don't need to spend jsut b/c it's bi-partisan, balancing the defense budget, passing bills in a line item rather than full of pork and handouts, a strong military. Doing things more fiscally responsibly, with the laws already on the books. PPP which minimizes excess gov't spending, most things Hogan performed in MD which had him at ?75 approval rating between dems and R's. But yea......your diatribe about how you've painted me is just hogwash.
It's clear to me that you want me to completely ignore a full decade of your postings, and pretend that you're a brand new poster.

You never supported Trump, or defended his behavior? You never mocked us and told us we have Trump Derangement Syndrome? You didn't tell me that spending was no big deal, and ask me what's the downside to spending so much? You didn't tell us there was a Deep State trying to take out Trump? You don't routinely cite X.com from RightWingNation here on the Forum?

Is that it? You didn't do those things? You're now telling me that didn't happen, and you're just a centrist?

Because you DID write those things, my man.

But I'm down with a new and improved YouthA, if you're telling me that's in the past? Fanfreakingtastic.

You can start this new "I"m a centrist" persona here by not so much as noticing which party you're talking about, and let the criticism flow, and NOT GIVE A FIG about which party did something stupid, or enacted a policy you didn't like.

Do that? And I'm OVERJOYED to believe you.

Deal?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:33 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:01 pm

You have a poor memory.
Same reply I've been making over and over and over again, but you piled on as part of the 75%ers. Appreciate the help.
I was responding to cradle.
I’d have said “selective memory” if I’d been referring to you. 😉

I will say that I don’t really empathize with the whining about “75%” as it seems to me you are describing merely those who insist on facts not falsehoods when discussing serious matters. It’s really not a left or right thing as when someone on the left posts non factual hyperbole they too are taken to task.

That such a large group of Americans, though not a high percentage of posters here, seem so enamored with candidates who so provably lie in egregious fashion and n such frequency is indeed alarming. Downright cultish.

Serous issue.

I just spent several days at an HBS Reunion, no bastion of far left, with professors talking about AI, democracy and capitalism, etc… scary stuff if one thinks it’s actually important to be living in a thriving democracy. Lots of historical reasons to believe it’s super important both for elites and working class, despite all its frustrations hugely better than autocracy. Including for the elites.

More on that later this week… fascinating stuff.

Return to “POLITICS”