Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:40 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:26 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:12 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:01 am
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:32 am I lived in LA during my 20’s. I spent a lot of time chatting up the girls and having a drink with the interesting people I met.

I concluded that every year, The prettiest girl graduating from every High School headed to Hollywood to take acting lessons and become a star, the leads in the school play went to either NYC or LA (along with the creative kids) to become film professionals. The really smart kids went away to college and most never came back. It was emigration of the future of every small, dull town – a hollowing out of the heartland. I knew nothing good would be coming of that and now the chickens are roosting.

I just read https://substack.com/home/post/p-149232874

Yeah, this emigration that I observed has broken the heartland, and the only way to get working people back into their micro economies is to import them. People who will do stoop labor (AG except grain), and repetitive task labor (MANUFACTURING) are immigrants. Plain and simple. These used to be the Irish and the Poles and the Italians, but now it’s people of color and the Trumpists hate this, it seems.

We’re not going to get labor/people who already speak English, know how to drive, and don’t root for their home country’s soccer team at the world cup. On the other hand, Springfield lured companies offering jobs and promised cheap land and plentiful labor. Cheap land they had. The labor had to be brought in. Thus the immigration issue de jour.

If we expel all Haitians from Springfield, their employers cannot produce and will fold or move. Then sue – and will win. The residents will lose what economy they had started and will be pissed and sue – and will win. But Springfield will die nonetheless.

If you think that the people processing your supermarket meats, picking your fruits and veggies, cooking your delicious restaurant food, picking you up at 2 am in an Uber car, and making your ‘made in the USA’ box store products, should be put on busses and shipped overseas, then be sure to vote Trump.

If you think that these are ‘Black Jobs’ and our African American citizens will step up and fill the gaps, you’re wrong. They’ve had 55 years of the Civil Rights Acts, and they ain’t goin’ back. Second generation Mexicans want law degrees and MBA’s, not more stoop labor.

Further, our demographics are not good. To paraphase Trump: “ Nobody has six kids anymore! Everybody knows that kids aren’t cheap labor and you gotta pay to send them to a good school. Two! Maybe 2.5. Kids! We gonna run out of PEOPLE and how can you grow with no new people!”

(He never said that).

Rant over. You may return to your previously scheduled programming...
For what it's worth, I agree with gist of your post.

I would just ask... are you OK with immigration laws being ignored/bypassed? Do you see any danger not knowing who is entering the country and/or what their motives are, concealed within the shear number of people overwhelming an already broken system? What about the AI future that will replace so many jobs including menial ones? Perhaps you're OK with the US eventually being transformed into a complete nanny state?

Do you think Biden/Harris admin has intentionally driven the current immigration circumstance?
Might keep in mind, that this country had no laws or limits to immigration for over 100 years until the late 19th Century (Asians only were limited at that time) and into the early 20th Century when it became the rage amongst WASP nativists like Henry Cabot Lodge and Charles Lindbergh.
We also had Ellis Island where new arrivals were processed in a relatively organized manner. The immigration chit show at the southern border doesn't even remotely resemble being organized. That is because nobody wants it to be organized. The American people are being led to believe these are all just honest down home folks looking for a fresh start. What the hell if thousands of murderous very dangerous gang members are sprinkled into the mix that is a small price to pay. If anyone questions the stupidity you all just start quoting statistics that the new vicious murdering bastards are no more dangerous than the murdering bastards already living here.
Might interest you to know that Lucky Lucianoo, Vito Genovese, Carlo Gambino and most other Mafia kingpins were all immigrants who came through at this same time period. :oops:
https://www.history.com/news/the-birth- ... mmigration
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:31 am
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:32 am I lived in LA during my 20’s. I spent a lot of time chatting up the girls and having a drink with the interesting people I met.

I concluded that every year, The prettiest girl graduating from every High School headed to Hollywood to take acting lessons and become a star, the leads in the school play went to either NYC or LA (along with the creative kids) to become film professionals. The really smart kids went away to college and most never came back. It was emigration of the future of every small, dull town – a hollowing out of the heartland. I knew nothing good would be coming of that and now the chickens are roosting.

Yeah, this emigration that I observed has broken the heartland, and the only way to get working people back into their micro economies is to import them. People who will do stoop labor (AG except grain), and repetitive task labor (MANUFACTURING) are immigrants. Plain and simple. These used to be the Irish and the Poles and the Italians, but now it’s people of color and the Trumpists hate this, it seems.

We’re not going to get labor/people who already speak English, know how to drive, and don’t root for their home country’s soccer team at the world cup. On the other hand, Springfield lured companies offering jobs and promised cheap land and plentiful labor. Cheap land they had. The labor had to be brought in. Thus the immigration issue de jour.

If we expel all Haitians from Springfield, their employers cannot produce and will fold or move. Then sue – and will win. The residents will lose what economy they had started and will be pissed and sue – and will win. But Springfield will die nonetheless.

If you think that the people processing your supermarket meats, picking your fruits and veggies, cooking your delicious restaurant food, picking you up at 2 am in an Uber car, and making your ‘made in the USA’ box store products, should be put on busses and shipped overseas, then be sure to vote Trump.

If you think that these are ‘Black Jobs’ and our African American citizens will step up and fill the gaps, you’re wrong. They’ve had 55 years of the Civil Rights Acts, and they ain’t goin’ back. Second generation Mexicans want law degrees and MBA’s, not more stoop labor.

Further, our demographics are not good. To paraphase Trump: “ Nobody has six kids anymore! Everybody knows that kids aren’t cheap labor and you gotta pay to send them to a good school. Two! Maybe 2.5. Kids! We gonna run out of PEOPLE and how can you grow with no new people!”

(He never said that).

I would just ask... are you OK with immigration laws being ignored/bypassed? Do you see any danger not knowing who is entering the country and/or what their motives are, concealed within the shear number of people overwhelming an already broken system? What about the AI future that will replace so many jobs including menial ones? Perhaps you're OK with the US eventually being transformed into a complete nanny state?

Do you think Biden/Harris admin has intentionally driven the current immigration circumstance?
Might keep in mind, that this country had no laws or limits to immigration for over 100 years until the late 19th Century (Asians only were limited at that time) and into the early 20th Century when it became the rage amongst WASP nativists like Henry Cabot Lodge and Charles Lindbergh.
We also had Ellis Island where new arrivals were processed in a relatively organized manner. The immigration chit show at the southern border doesn't even remotely resemble being organized. That is because nobody wants it to be organized. The American people are being led to believe these are all just honest down home folks looking for a fresh start. What the hell if thousands of murderous very dangerous gang members are sprinkled into the mix that is a small price to pay. If anyone questions the stupidity you all just start quoting statistics that the new vicious murdering bastards are no more dangerous than the murdering bastards already living here.
Might interest you to know that Lucky Lucianoo, Vito Genovese, Carlo Gambino and most other Mafia kingpins were all immigrants who came through at this same time period. :oops:
https://www.history.com/news/the-birth- ... mmigration
You better watch it bub...I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:22 am

(He never said that).

Already knew that. Yet again the point sails way over your head. Ellis Island didn't guarantee good and reputable new citizens. This is where you get to dig out your thinking cap from storage and dust off all the cobwebs. How effective is the southern border policy at weeding out all the really bad actors? I guess nobody will know until they establish themselves in their new country and create new criminal empires of their own in America. Think Luciano, Genovese, Gambino and all of the other kingpins. Your just fine and dandy with that then? Good to know that. With your logic here I hope that God really does bless America, the country will need all the blessings it can get. :roll:
National Crime Syndicate.

It could be said that all crime arises from seeking advantage in proscribed activities. Does any group or subgroup engage in these “out-of-bounds” transgressions at a higher rate than others? Logically, those at a decidedly poor position relative to others might seek such a “shortcut.”

And then there are those, although privileged, also transgress — our former fearless leader, among others.

So, I’d be interested in any research that measures the rate of “rent-seeking” behavior broken down by various means of grouping, be they recency of citizenship, arrival, race, creed, or age.

If done with rigor, such research might present an interesting and nuanced picture which could tease out the likely shared motivations for this transgressive behavior.

Or, we could continue in a simplistic, naive fashion.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

Typical Lax Dad

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 9:25 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:22 am

(He never said that).

Already knew that. Yet again the point sails way over your head. Ellis Island didn't guarantee good and reputable new citizens. This is where you get to dig out your thinking cap from storage and dust off all the cobwebs. How effective is the southern border policy at weeding out all the really bad actors? I guess nobody will know until they establish themselves in their new country and create new criminal empires of their own in America. Think Luciano, Genovese, Gambino and all of the other kingpins. Your just fine and dandy with that then? Good to know that. With your logic here I hope that God really does bless America, the country will need all the blessings it can get. :roll:
National Crime Syndicate.

It could be said that all crime arises from seeking advantage in proscribed activities. Does any group or subgroup engage in these “out-of-bounds” transgressions at a higher rate than others? Logically, those at a decidedly poor position relative to others might seek such a “shortcut.”

And then there are those, although privileged, also transgress — our former fearless leader, among others.

So, I’d be interested in any research that measures the rate of “rent-seeking” behavior broken down by various means of grouping, be they recency of citizenship, arrival, race, creed, or age.

If done with rigor, such research might present an interesting and nuanced picture which could tease out the likely shared motivations for this transgressive behavior.

Or, we could continue in a simplistic, naive fashion.
:mrgreen:
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

(He never said that).

This was a great post, 3PP. Thanks.
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:56 pm

(He never said that).

This was a great post, 3PP. Thanks.
I listened to an economist from Nationwide Insurance talk about this in 2016. We have structural hurdles because of an aging population and low birth rates. He talked about how silly Trump’s argument of stimulating growth via tax cuts was. We have structural impediments that made reaching the level of growth Trumps was targeting as impossible. We don’t have the people. We can only get so much more efficient.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

We need immigrants. Throwing open our southern border open to anyone who can get there is not the way to do it -- as the immigrant crime stats just released by ICE demonstrate.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/27/us-news/s ... ts-border/

Federal numbers released Friday show that more than 15,000 illegal immigrants currently living in the US are convicted or accused of homicide... —US Immigration and Customs Enforcement provided the data to Rep. Tony Gonzales (R-Texas), who published it... .
“As of July 21, 2024, there were 662,566 noncitizens with criminal histories on ICE’s national docket —13,099 criminally convicted MURDERS!” tweeted Gonzales...ICE provided the data to Gonzales on Wednesday and did not indicate how many of the criminals entered the US during Harris’ tenure as the so-called “border czar,” during which the US notched record-high border crossings for three consecutive years.
Under Biden and Harris, millions of illegal immigrants have been released into the US to await badly backlogged asylum proceedings — after the administration repudiated former President Donald Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” policy for those claiming persecution in their homelands.

ICE currently is detaining 277 migrants who have been convicted of homicide and 51 who face such charges, the agency said, indicating that those individuals likely are in the process of being deported.

Federal authorities are aware of but not currently detaining 13,099 illegal immigrants living in the US who have been convicted of homicide and 1,845 who are accused of it, according to the data set.

Illegal border crossings set records in the first three years of Harris’ role leading federal efforts to reduce illegal immigration.
The Biden-Harris administration repudiated Donald Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” policy and allowed large shares of illegal immigrants to remain and await the outcome of asylum proceedings.

The document doesn’t make clear how many of the murderers are incarcerated by state or local officials, and it’s possible at least some of the perpetrators have completed their incarceration and been released.

Sanctuary jurisdictions do not honor ICE “detainer” requests when an inmate is about to be released, meaning that freshly freed criminal suspects and offenders who have completed their terms of confinement aren’t picked up and placed into deportation proceedings.

Other well-represented crimes among illegal immigrants known to be living in the US include sexual assault — with 523 convicted or suspected rapists in ICE custody and 20,061 not — and assault, with more than 100,000 convicted or accused of that crime not in ICE custody.

ICE indicated that the criminal cohort includes many residents of “sanctuary” states and cities that do not cooperate with federal immigration authorities — a list that includes Harris’ home state of California, Illinois and New York.

“ICE recognizes that some jurisdictions are concerned that cooperating with federal immigration officials will erode trust with immigrant communities and make it harder for local law enforcement to serve those populations,” ICE acting director Patrick Lechleitner wrote to Gonzales.
“However, ‘sanctuary’ policies can end up shielding dangerous criminals, who often victimize those same communities.”

The data prompted an outpouring of criticism of Harris, who is making the border trip as polls show immigration, as well as the economy, as key weaknesses for her in a close contest against Trump, the Republican nominee.

“The Biden/Harris administration has opened the border, closed ICE detention centers, slowed deportations, and released murderers back to the street instead of removing them,” tweeted former ICE field office director John Fabbricatore, the Republican candidate challenging Rep. Jason Crow (D-Colo.).

Video surfaced this week showing Kamala Harris chanting “Down, down with deportation!” during a parade in Los Angeles in 2018.
Critics of Biden and Harris, including Trump, have highlighted high-profile examples of murders allegedly committed by migrants, including the February slaying of nursing student Laken Riley, 22, on the University of Georgia’s campus.

An ICE spokesperson told The Post that the data published by Gonzales is accurate.

US Customs and Border Protection encounters with migrants along the US-Mexico border hit all-time record highs in each of the first three years of Harris’ tenure in charge of stemming the crisis — reaching nearly 2.5 million in fiscal 2023, which ended last Sept. 30.
Recent monthly apprehensions have trended downward since Biden in June issued an order allowing for caps on the processing of illegal entrants.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:11 pm We need immigrants. Throwing open our southern border open to anyone who can get there is not the way to do it -- as the immigrant crime stats just released by ICE demonstrate.

https://nypost.com/2024/09/27/us-news/s ... ts-border/

Federal numbers released Friday show that more than 15,000 illegal immigrants currently living in the US are convicted or accused of homicide... —US Immigration and Customs Enforcement provided the data to Rep. Tony Gonzales (R-Texas), who published it... .
“As of July 21, 2024, there were 662,566 noncitizens with criminal histories on ICE’s national docket —13,099 criminally convicted MURDERS!” tweeted Gonzales...ICE provided the data to Gonzales on Wednesday and did not indicate how many of the criminals entered the US during Harris’ tenure as the so-called “border czar,” during which the US notched record-high border crossings for three consecutive years.
Under Biden and Harris, millions of illegal immigrants have been released into the US to await badly backlogged asylum proceedings — after the administration repudiated former President Donald Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” policy for those claiming persecution in their homelands.

ICE currently is detaining 277 migrants who have been convicted of homicide and 51 who face such charges, the agency said, indicating that those individuals likely are in the process of being deported.

Federal authorities are aware of but not currently detaining 13,099 illegal immigrants living in the US who have been convicted of homicide and 1,845 who are accused of it, according to the data set.

Illegal border crossings set records in the first three years of Harris’ role leading federal efforts to reduce illegal immigration.
The Biden-Harris administration repudiated Donald Trump’s “Remain in Mexico” policy and allowed large shares of illegal immigrants to remain and await the outcome of asylum proceedings.

The document doesn’t make clear how many of the murderers are incarcerated by state or local officials, and it’s possible at least some of the perpetrators have completed their incarceration and been released.

Sanctuary jurisdictions do not honor ICE “detainer” requests when an inmate is about to be released, meaning that freshly freed criminal suspects and offenders who have completed their terms of confinement aren’t picked up and placed into deportation proceedings.

Other well-represented crimes among illegal immigrants known to be living in the US include sexual assault — with 523 convicted or suspected rapists in ICE custody and 20,061 not — and assault, with more than 100,000 convicted or accused of that crime not in ICE custody.

ICE indicated that the criminal cohort includes many residents of “sanctuary” states and cities that do not cooperate with federal immigration authorities — a list that includes Harris’ home state of California, Illinois and New York.

“ICE recognizes that some jurisdictions are concerned that cooperating with federal immigration officials will erode trust with immigrant communities and make it harder for local law enforcement to serve those populations,” ICE acting director Patrick Lechleitner wrote to Gonzales.
“However, ‘sanctuary’ policies can end up shielding dangerous criminals, who often victimize those same communities.”

The data prompted an outpouring of criticism of Harris, who is making the border trip as polls show immigration, as well as the economy, as key weaknesses for her in a close contest against Trump, the Republican nominee.

“The Biden/Harris administration has opened the border, closed ICE detention centers, slowed deportations, and released murderers back to the street instead of removing them,” tweeted former ICE field office director John Fabbricatore, the Republican candidate challenging Rep. Jason Crow (D-Colo.).

Video surfaced this week showing Kamala Harris chanting “Down, down with deportation!” during a parade in Los Angeles in 2018.
Critics of Biden and Harris, including Trump, have highlighted high-profile examples of murders allegedly committed by migrants, including the February slaying of nursing student Laken Riley, 22, on the University of Georgia’s campus.

An ICE spokesperson told The Post that the data published by Gonzales is accurate.

US Customs and Border Protection encounters with migrants along the US-Mexico border hit all-time record highs in each of the first three years of Harris’ tenure in charge of stemming the crisis — reaching nearly 2.5 million in fiscal 2023, which ended last Sept. 30.
Recent monthly apprehensions have trended downward since Biden in June issued an order allowing for caps on the processing of illegal entrants.
Your team shot down legislation so that people like you, C&S, YA, Petey and people like you can have something to be mad about.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.wsj.com/opinion/how-the-mig ... s-75b6be5f

How the Migrant Crisis Strains Whitewater, Wis.
Springfield, Ohio, isn’t alone. This city of 15,000 saw a sudden influx of 1,000 Central Americans.
by Jacob J. Curtis, Sept. 27, 2024

Springfield, Ohio, isn’t the only small Midwestern city dealing with an unprecedented influx of migrants and the strain it places on municipal services. Whitewater, Wis., Police Chief Daniel Meyer started noticing increased encounters between his officers and recently arrived migrants from Nicaragua and Venezuela in early 2022. Mr. Meyer estimates that at least 1,000 migrants from Central America established themselves in the city of 15,000 in 2022 and 2023. Officials in Whitewater, about an hour west of Milwaukee, have had difficulty managing the stresses on law enforcement, housing stock and schools. With no advance warning from the federal government, the city was caught completely unprepared by the migrant influx.

Several incidents illustrate the challenge. Police found a migrant family with a young child living in an uninsulated garden shed in sub-zero temperatures. Officers responding to a report of a fire discovered two migrant children sleeping alone on the floor of an apartment while food burned on the stove.

A school-resource officer discovered that a migrant father was forcing his 14-year-old daughter to work 30 hours a week rather than attending school. In the worst incident, a group of teenagers found the body of a dead baby in a box near a trailer park. After an extensive investigation, the migrant mother of the deceased baby was arrested and identified as a citizen of Nicaragua.

The proliferation of overcrowded living spaces shared by people who are unrelated has resulted in a spike of domestic and sexual assault claims to Whitewater police. An investigation into the alleged kidnapping of a minor revealed that a migrant had held the girl against her will for three days. She claimed the man choked and hit her while pointing a gun at her head.

Latin American gangs have also arrived in Wisconsin. Earlier this month a woman was sexually assaulted in Prairie du Chien by a suspected member of Tren de Aragua, the violent criminal organization born a decade ago in Venezuela’s prisons. Whitewater police have determined that Nicaraguan members of the Salvadoran gang MS-13 are present in the city. Cops have seized almost a quarter million dollars of cartel funds as part of various investigations.

Whitewater is an out-of-the-way place. Its police department has only 24 sworn officers and 13 civilians. Documents obtained by my organization reflect uncertainty regarding the process for dealing directly with federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Emails to federal officials seeking help have at times gone unanswered. Local cops are spending so much time dealing with the challenges posed by the migrant population that regular policing has taken a back seat. Whitewater police are issuing significantly fewer tickets for speeding and drunk driving than is typical.

The situation is putting serious strain on the Whitewater Unified School District. Classroom teachers are working overtime to overcome language barriers. School resource officers are crisscrossing the city trying to locate school-age children, who often aren’t showing up for school because they don’t have transportation options. Small-town educators are being forced to act like big-city social workers. It takes a toll.

The nation’s broken immigration system is placing an unmanageable burden on local governments. Federal assistance is often unavailable or insufficient. Whitewater has sought state help, including from the governor’s office, but officials in Madison prefer to keep the meetings low-profile to avoid press coverage. With so much money flying out the door, the Whitewater police and school district are considering referendums to authorize an increase in property taxes to cover operational expenses in spring 2025.

Congress and the White House need to secure the border. State and local governments need to know that a clear process exists for removing violent migrants from their communities. To the extent that migrants have legally settled somewhere, towns and cities like Whitewater need the resources to offset the strain on basic public services like policing and education.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Satine Warrior needs to get out more - crime statistics for undocumented vs. citizens tell a different story than he gets from his propaganda feed - what no National Review Op-Ed on this topic?

Any number of various studies prove the point - like your pal Fatso you're wrong again. :oops:

https://siepr.stanford.edu/news/mythica ... -and-crime

https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... crime-wave

https://www.npr.org/2024/03/08/12371031 ... udies-find

https://news.northwestern.edu/stories/2 ... e-us-born/

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/18/brie ... crime.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 788637007/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:15 am Satine Warrior needs to get out more - crime statistics for undocumented vs. citizens tell a different story than he gets from his propaganda feed - what no National Review Op-Ed on this topic?

Any number of various studies prove the point - like your pal Fatso you're wrong again. :oops:

What a stupid excuse for letting thousands of convicted criminals enter the country & then roam free & get lost in the population.

Stats for idiots.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:23 am
Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:15 am Satine Warrior needs to get out more - crime statistics for undocumented vs. citizens tell a different story than he gets from his propaganda feed - what no National Review Op-Ed on this topic?

What a stupid excuse for letting thousands of convicted criminals enter the country & then roam free & get lost in the population.

Stats for idiots.
IDIOTS like you deny statistics you don't like. You prefer YOUR moronic propaganda in an attempt to explain why you are smarter than everyone else when, in reality you are the largest dopey a-hole here. The point is that there are criminal elements in EVERY population.

Up yours :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

I suppose these stats by ICE are inconsequential?

Funny justification with all those cites below, implying that continued crime is really ok. Last I checked, when you increase population (by determining walking across the border makes you legal and counted) and crime numbers also increase as a result, the crime stat needle moves ever-so-slightly; the end justifies the means. We'll take the crime and deal with it, b/c we really don't care, so long as we keep population numbers in our favor.

Just stay out of my gated community, my vineyard, and go over there to the lower-middle class section so I can sip my highball while I play bridge, admire my rose garden and make it to the country club for my private lessons. If they were really honest with themselves, as they tell us the wealthy need to pay their fair-share, they'd send them into those locations where altruism could shine.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:30 am
old salt wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 8:23 am

Stats for idiots.
IDIOTS like you deny statistics you don't like. You prefer YOUR moronic propaganda in an attempt to explain why you are smarter than everyone else when, in reality you are the largest dopey a-hole here. The point is that there are criminal elements in EVERY population.

Up yours :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
We like our criminals red blooded American. Who cares if immigrants commit less crimes on average than full blooded Americans. Better yet, we like our sexual assault perpetrators to be men of the cloth.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:36 am https://www.nbcnews.com/news/religion/n ... d-n1062396

They are roaming free..
We should have vetted them before they entered the country. Huge policy fail.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:18 am
I suppose these stats by ICE are inconsequential?

Funny justification with all those cites below, implying that continued crime is really ok. Last I checked, when you increase population (by determining walking across the border makes you legal and counted) and crime numbers also increase as a result, the crime stat needle moves ever-so-slightly; the end justifies the means. We'll take the crime and deal with it, b/c we really don't care, so long as we keep population numbers in our favor.

Just stay out of my gated community, my vineyard, and go over there to the lower-middle class section so I can sip my highball while I play bridge, admire my rose garden and make it to the country club for my private lessons. If they were really honest with themselves, as they tell us the wealthy need to pay their fair-share, they'd send them into those locations where altruism could shine.
That's all great. You don't have a solution, do you? You didn't like Trump's bill, because he didn't even pretend to give us one. You didn't like Biden's Jan. 2020 bill, because the House refused to work on it. You didn't like the BiPartisan bill, because of the reasons you gave us.

You don't know what to do, cept yell at the Dems. Which, of course, is why Trump didn't fix it, and why he killed the BiPartisan bill.....YOU are the endgame for this, YA. The ENTIRE goal of the GOP is: keep you angry and blaming the Dems.

On a scale of 1-10, how well do you think this strategy is working? I'd peg it at a 9. ;)

And boy, I think it's REAL cute that your TwitterBus ONLY want to look at reports that started in 2021, and never once looked at the damage done by illegal workers when Trump was here. Gee, what a "coincidence". They must be Sooper-Serious about fixing these problems, just like the Tea Party like, for real-sy wanted to cut spending when a black guy was in the White House..... :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:52 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:36 am https://www.nbcnews.com/news/religion/n ... d-n1062396

They are roaming free..
We should have vetted them before they entered the country. Huge policy fail.
When they interviewed the priest, they should make sure they ask “are you a pedophile?”…..
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”