Johns Hopkins 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
51percentcorn

Re: Johns Hopkins 2025

Post by 51percentcorn »

That clip also showed Webb in goal but still interesting that Kaestner was in at that point.

One more point of contention with me - I noticed the Hopkins record Book on the team web-site has not been updated (or a newer version posted) since 2019. Given the legacy of the program and all the advancements in social media by the team - this one seems like a pretty easy fix. And Ernie/Chase while you're at it - if it hasn;t been done already can we please put Wells and Shack on the all-time JHU team??? Not only do they obviously deserve it - if you want to put the best foot foward for any of Bing's cousins in ten/eleven years - well it can't hurt - probably won't help per se but cover your bases.
Defend not putting them on the team against this:
- From 2013 to 2018 the Hopkins assist leader for each year had the last name of Stanwick
- At the time of publication of this record book - there were only 3 members of the 40+ assist club in 2 separate seasons - Wells Stanwick - Joe Cowan and Jack Thomas - I've heard of those other two somewhere - Jacob Angelus is now a 4th
- With Angelus' 125 assists - Wells is now 3rd all time in assists with 124 - not trying to detract from Angelus' accomplishment at all but the fact remains 5 of the assists were in 2020 season and if the extra year of eligibility had not occurred - extremely unlikely 125 is the number.
- Shack now 6th in career assists
- Only Brown's 77 points in 2015 and Marr's 58 in 2018 prevented the JHU season leader in scoring from having the last name of Stanwick (from 2013-18)
- Shack T-7 all time career JHU points
- Wells is 9th all time JHU career points
- They are 2 of only 11 players that scored over 200 points for JHU - the others? Riordan/Piccola/O'Neill/Thomas/Wittlesberger/Cook/Brown/Hirsch and Denihan - heard of those guys too.

So maybe the 5+ year hiatus of putting this up on the team's page means this has been rectified but otherwise it's just stupid
Last edited by 51percentcorn on Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Serious lapse i agree. Not Ernie like at all.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Scrimmages are coming up and there's no fall notebook/schedule like there usually is either. Maybe Ernie's on extended vaca in Costa Rica
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

51percentcorn wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 12:51 pm That clip also showed Webb in goal but still interesting that Kaestner was in at that point.

One more point of contention with me - I noticed the Hopkins record Book on the team web-site has not been updated (or a newer version posted) since 2019. Given the legacy of the program and all the advancements in social media by the team - this one seems like a pretty easy fix. And Ernie/Chase while you're at it - if it hasn;t been done already can we please put Wells and Shack on the all-time JHU team??? Not only do they obviously deserve it - if you want to put the best foot foward for any of Bing's cousins in ten/eleven years - well it can't hurt - probably won't help per se but cover your bases.
Defend not putting them on the team against this:
- From 2013 to 2018 the Hopkins assist leader for each year had the last name of Stanwick
- At the time of publication of this record book - there were only 3 members of the 40+ assist club in 2 separate seasons - Wells Stanwick - Joe Cowan and Jack Thomas - I've heard of those other two somewhere - Jacob Angelus is now a 4th
- With Angelus' 125 assists - Wells is now 3rd all time in assists with 124 - not trying to detract from Angelus' accomplishment at all but the fact remains 5 of the assists were in 2020 season and if the extra year of eligibility had not occurred - extremely unlikely 125 is the number.
- Shack now 6th in career assists
- Only Brown's 77 points in 2015 and Marr's 58 in 2018 prevented the JHU season leader in scoring from having the last name of Stanwick (from 2013-18)
- Shack T-7 all time career JHU points
- Wells is 9th all time JHU career points
- They are 2 of only 11 players that scored over 200 points for JHU - the others? Riordan/Piccola/O'Neill/Thomas/Wittlesberger/Cook/Brown/Hirsch and Denihan - heard of those guys too.

So maybe the 5+ year hiatus of putting this up on the team's page means this has been rectified but otherwise it's just stupid
While we're at it. The 20th anniversary of the 2005 title team is next spring. The class move would be to move the unc game (scheduled to be at homewood) to later in the spring when it used to be, when nice weather could encourage a bigger crowd, and make that weekend the one where the anniversary of the team's title is honored so that Petro and his family can be there for it. It won't happen of course and we'll probably at best get some video from him whenever they do honor the team, but would be good to see them all together on Homewood field.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I doubt they could find a date that works for both teams even if the will were there. The NCAA celebrates 25th anniversaries to mark your calendar for the FF in 2030.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:47 pm Colby Rossettie is another good one. Not in IL's top 100 but he's #71 on NLF and #76 for Xanders. Just transferred to Lawrenceville from Southern California so he hasn't technically played for them yet. But his tape jumps off the screen and feel like it's only a matter of time before his stock rises.
If you build it, they will come.

Rossettie commits: https://x.com/tyxanders/status/1838549059553870311

Seems like the kind of kid who will eventually be a high 4-star/possible 5-star after two years in the Lawrenceville program. Really like his game based on the limited film available, but I imagine he just hasn't been evaluated much yet.

Hopkins also climbed to a tie for #6 in the USNWR rankings, for those who care about such things.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:07 am
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:47 pm Colby Rossettie is another good one. Not in IL's top 100 but he's #71 on NLF and #76 for Xanders. Just transferred to Lawrenceville from Southern California so he hasn't technically played for them yet. But his tape jumps off the screen and feel like it's only a matter of time before his stock rises.
If you build it, they will come.

Rossettie commits: https://x.com/tyxanders/status/1838549059553870311

Seems like the kind of kid who will eventually be a high 4-star/possible 5-star after two years in the Lawrenceville program. Really like his game based on the limited film available, but I imagine he just hasn't been evaluated much yet.

Hopkins also climbed to a tie for #6 in the USNWR rankings, for those who care about such things.
Sounds like a promising recruit.

Asians are now the largest group on campus (27%). White students comprise just 20%. About 63% of Hopkins students are now ethnic minorities. Interesting.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:20 pm Scrimmages are coming up and there's no fall notebook/schedule like there usually is either. Maybe Ernie's on extended vaca in Costa Rica
With so many new kids I'd rather them and IL and all the lax media hold off until after those first fall ball scrimmages. So many new guys, I'd rather see things develop more so they are writing based on what they're seeing kids do at homewood not what the staff is projecting based on high school/last years stuff. Last few years you more or less knew the narrative and what most of it was going to look like on the field going into fall ball with some fresh faces working in. This year you have a new oc, attack, 2nd midfield, new ssdm situation, new backup fogo, new goalies. You're not going to get too much from the first 2-3 weeks, but by late October/early november when the Christmas ads are running non stop they should have more clarity and sense of where things are looking.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:07 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 2:20 pm Scrimmages are coming up and there's no fall notebook/schedule like there usually is either. Maybe Ernie's on extended vaca in Costa Rica
With so many new kids I'd rather them and IL and all the lax media hold off until after those first fall ball scrimmages. So many new guys, I'd rather see things develop more so they are writing based on what they're seeing kids do at homewood not what the staff is projecting based on high school/last years stuff. Last few years you more or less knew the narrative and what most of it was going to look like on the field going into fall ball with some fresh faces working in. This year you have a new oc, attack, 2nd midfield, new ssdm situation, new backup fogo, new goalies. You're not going to get too much from the first 2-3 weeks, but by late October/early november when the Christmas ads are running non stop they should have more clarity and sense of where things are looking.
No clue what you're talking about, I'm just asking for times of the scrimmages. By now Ernie has typically posted the fall schedule alongside a wrapup of the summer and intros for the freshmen/transfers. Not asking for an in-depth analysis of the depth chart.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:13 pm
jhu06 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 2:07 pm
No clue what you're talking about, I'm just asking for times of the scrimmages. By now Ernie has typically posted the fall schedule alongside a wrapup of the summer and intros for the freshmen/transfers. Not asking for an in-depth analysis of the depth chart.
https://hopkinssports.com/news/2024/9/2 ... pener.aspx

Maybe recovering from the thumping Salisbury gave football last weekend.

https://www.usalacrosse.com/magazine/co ... -blue-hens
Delaware has a talented young goalie so the offense should get a good chance to see some quality competition.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:45 am Delaware has a talented young goalie so the offense should get a good chance to see some quality competition.
He's a grad student
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

AS the WWM v-casts go this was better than many - a little insight into the fall schedule and day to day and the biggest news - to me - PM implied that there will be no changes to the schedule in terms of opponents.
He's certainly learning coach speak and gets better at it every year - there was zero insight into the transfers or freshmen (with the exception that Graham Kaestner apparently likes lacrosse alot and you might get a sense that Hobot is in the mix for face-offs)
At least no big injury news - McKee is not full contact yet and Billings had an ACL at the end of last season - sound slike English and Iler are pretty much a go.

The discussion around the House suit and its possible impacts on Hopkins was not that clear - it seems like he has backburnered that issue until he has to really deal with it.

Back to the schedule - I guess the biggest final question is where the Syracuse game will be played but @Denver/@ Towson/@Loyola/@Navy/@Michigan/@Penn State/@Maryland is a full plate
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

OCanada wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 8:30 pm Lacrosse fall podcast:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EmKvgW3Xqj4
Some tidbits in here for those starved for info on the newcomers. PM's preferred euphemism for someone putting themselves in a position to earn playing time appears to be "in the mix."

Mckee - "in the faceoff mix, recovering from offseason surgery, not full go yet"
Weishaar - "option at both short stick and long stick"
Staudt - "right in the goalie mix, competing, elevating the play, going to be a tough net to win"
Hackler and Monfort - "high compete level, motor, athleticism, experience, veteran presence is really important"
-----
Hobot - "competing really hard"
Cook - "bright future ahead"
DiCicco - "fitting right into the mix, competing"
Eye - "doing well"
McCleary - "showing a lot of ability in the middle of the field"
Crogan - "good head on his shoulders, makes good decisions, quick, gets the ball moving"
Kaestner - "as hard of a worker as I've seen in awhile, obsessive"
Burke - "pretty impressive in the weight room"

English is "pretty close to full go" following his injury last year, which is obvious to anyone who has seen the fall ball highlights. Looks terrific.

No new teams on the spring schedule.

Oct. 5 - alumni game
Oct. 13 (Sunday) - vs. Air Force/NJIT at Homewood
Oct. 26 - vs. Delaware at Homewood
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Hopkins out with its 2025 schedule. It’s a tough one, with opponents having won >60% of their games last season.

https://hopkinssports.com/news/2024/9/2 ... edule.aspx

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

@ Denver
@ Towson
vs. Georgetown
@ Loyola
vs. UNC
vs. UVA
@ Cuse
@ Navy
vs. Rutgers
@ Michigan
vs. OSU
@ PSU
@ Maryland

Oh brother this stinks. 5 home/8 away and no games at Homewood after April 5th. Not a favorable schedule and not very fan friendly either. Thought they might find a way to flip one of these to at least make it 6 home and 7 away, but guess not.

On the bright side, the Jays will be betting favorites in something like 10 of the 13 games including the first five.
gc1507

Post by gc1507 »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:51 am

Some tidbits in here for those starved for info on the newcomers. PM's preferred euphemism for someone putting themselves in a position to earn playing time appears to be "in the mix."

Mckee - "in the faceoff mix, recovering from offseason surgery, not full go yet"
Staudt - "right in the goalie mix, competing, elevating the play, going to be a tough net to win"
Hackler and Monfort - "high compete level, motor, athleticism, experience, veteran presence is really important"
-----
Eye - "doing well"
Crogan - "good head on his shoulders, makes good decisions, quick, gets the ball moving"

English is "pretty close to full go" following his injury last year, which is obvious to anyone who has seen the fall ball highlights. Looks terrific.

Oct. 5 - alumni game
The goalie position appears to be more open than we initially thought. Word is that it was not the Jays staff that went searching for Staudt, but that he called them seeing if they had room for him. It definitely is a different situation from last year when they did everything they could to bring Ierlan in. I truly believe we could see Webb in the crease come February. He has been featured a ton on their IG account (take that for what it is though...). Personally I do not care who is manning the pipes as long as they get the job done!

As to the schedule, I cant believe we only have 5 home games. Truly a shame. Thankfully it will be easy to see them live against Loyola and Towson locally but of course I'd rather view them at Homewood.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

gc1507 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:36 pm The goalie position appears to be more open than we initially thought. Word is that it was not the Jays staff that went searching for Staudt, but that he called them seeing if they had room for him. It definitely is a different situation from last year when they did everything they could to bring Ierlan in. I truly believe we could see Webb in the crease come February. He has been featured a ton on their IG account (take that for what it is though...). Personally I do not care who is manning the pipes as long as they get the job done!
I buy that it's an open competition and the best man — whoever it ends up being — will get the job. But my money would be on the multi-year starter with a 55% season on his resume being the guy who wins it.

And yes, it's nice that Towson/Loyola/Navy/Maryland are all nearby so if you think about it that way, that's 9 games that local fans can get to fairly easily. But from a competitive standpoint...not good. Towson is on short rest following a flight back from Denver, and Ridley is not an easy place to win.

If they take care of business at our three non-con neighbors (where they'll be favored), then suddenly you've got 2/3 ACCs + Georgetown at home and you're in a very good position entering conference play. But they have thus far not demonstrated an ability to win consistently at Ridley and we know Annapolis is always an adventure.

I'm just a bit surprised they didn't find a way to get another game at Homewood even if it means a midweek against, say, UMBC in between Navy and Cuse. That would bring up an interesting debate — are you willing to play a second midweek game if it means an extra one at Homewood? I suppose there are RPI reasons for crafting it the way they do, and that game vs. UMBC is basically a no-win scenario since they won't help the resume. But man, 5 home games isn't ideal.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:55 pm @ Denver
@ Towson
vs. Georgetown
@ Loyola
vs. UNC
vs. UVA
@ Cuse
@ Navy
vs. Rutgers
@ Michigan
vs. OSU
@ PSU
@ Maryland

Oh brother this stinks. 5 home/8 away and no games at Homewood after April 5th. Not a favorable schedule and not very fan friendly either. Thought they might find a way to flip one of these to at least make it 6 home and 7 away, but guess not.

On the bright side, the Jays will be betting favorites in something like 10 of the 13 games including the first five.
-Of the 8 road games, 4 are in state of Maryland. I don't know if they drive to other schools the night before if those games are in the state of maryland do walk throughs.
-Towson probably loving that they get a Hopkins team coming off a trip to denver on a short week.
-You can picture quint screaming about Hopkins playing 2 total home games the last 7 weeks of the regular season and what that does for building student/community interest. Another one of Quint's sour points-Hopkins not playing an ivy, there again this year. Given the disparity between what princeton and Hopkins bring back probably not the worst call this season.
-In the past btn has had Hopkins on at least one sunday game, doesn't look like it this year.
-4 of the 6 one goal games from last year are road games this year-better get the new offensive communication right fast. Denver/Cuse/Navy/Penn State.
-PM said he was not a big fan of the midweek games and the class time and other stuff missed. I'm sure there was some benefit to playing manhattan, delaware and msm, but that's a pretty rugged schedule where everyone is a conference opponent, in state rival, or top 20 team.

using stevens LM lookahead starts/scoring lost to graduation. Loyola/Navy were not in their top 25+.

2. Cuse 30/46
5. uva 44/54
6. terps 47/57
9 Hopkins 53/60
10 Denver 49/47
11 penn state 35/56
12 Towson 40/46
13 Michigan 47/51
14 Hoyas 67 /64
17 carolina 42/32
20 OSU 30/18
25 Rutgers 37/58
norcalhop

Post by norcalhop »

gc1507 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 1:36 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2024 8:51 am

-----
Eye - "doing well"

Oct. 5 - alumni game
The goalie position appears to be more open than we initially thought. Word is that it was not the Jays staff that went searching for Staudt, but that he called them seeing if they had room for him. It definitely is a different situation from last year when they did everything they could to bring Ierlan in. I truly believe we could see Webb in the crease come February. He has been featured a ton on their IG account (take that for what it is though...). Personally I do not care who is manning the pipes as long as they get the job done!

As to the schedule, I cant believe we only have 5 home games. Truly a shame. Thankfully it will be easy to see them live against Loyola and Towson locally but of course I'd rather view them at Homewood.
Would be shocked if it's not Staudt.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”