"The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: "The Deep State" aka the American Intelligence Community

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:35 pm The long timers who have had the most access to what the intelligence produces say it’s a very important tool.
Of course it's a useful tool, and I'm not arguing that it isn't.

Warrantless searches and surveillance would help Law Enforcement to catch more criminals, no question. Who's wants to sign
up for that?

This isn't how America works, and it's the 4th Amendment for a very good reason. Do folks want to live in a police state with the idea that we'll bag more bad guys?

Yeah, me neither. Which is why I vehemently oppose the ironically-named Patriot Act.
a fan

Post by a fan »

This is why I'm so.....aggressive.....about the laughable idea that American Justice System should steer clear of investigating and indicting politicians.

If this is how they act knowing they might get caught? Imagine what they'll do if we tell them that no matter what they do, Justice won't lift a finger to investigate them, let alone indict them.

Democratic Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar indicted by DOJ on conspiracy and bribery charges
The indictments are related to a 2022 investigation into US businessmen and their relationship with the nation of Azerbaijan

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democr ... estigation
Last edited by a fan on Fri May 03, 2024 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:57 pm This is why I'm so.....aggressive.....about the laughable idea that American Justice System should steer clear of investigating and indicting politicians.

If this is how they act knowing they might get caught? Imagine what they'll do if we tell them that no matter what they won't do, Justice won't lift a finger to investigate them, let alone indict them.

Democratic Texas Rep. Henry Cuellar indicted by DOJ on conspiracy and bribery charges
The indictments are related to a 2022 investigation into US businessmen and their relationship with the nation of Azerbaijan

Show me the man!!
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

JIM RISCH DEMANDS THAT AVRIL HAINES FORMALLY TELL US HE IS LYING

Avril Haines is the current US DNI.

Jim Risch is a US Senator (R) from Idaho, and member of Senate Intelligence Committee.

Read the post for an interesting examination of a recent hearing where republicons on the committee royally forked up the notion of foreign entities attempting to influence US elections...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Russia, Iran and China Continue Digital MicroTargeting of American Voters

It's right that Orange Cheeto has been exclusively targeting Biden as his likely 2024 opponent since at least 2018, when he got impeached for trying to get a foreign leader to "just announce an investigation"... This exclusive targeting approach may, MAY, be a reason to seriously consider perhaps changing the election dynamic somehow... :?:
In conjunction with the disruption of a Russian botnet operating on Xitter [...] on Tuesday, Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines issued one of the announcements that the Intelligence Community has been trying to get right since 2016: Russia, Iran, and China are playing in US electoral politics again. And Russia continues to target Joe Biden.
Russia’s efforts to influence this year’s U.S. election through information warfare have the same aim as in previous elections — to undermine President Joe Biden’s campaign and the Democratic Party and weaken public confidence in the electoral process, intelligence officials said Tuesday.

Russia’s election influence operations, which include covert social media accounts and encrypted direct messaging channels, are targeting key voter groups in swing states to exploit political divisions in the U.S. and erode support for Ukraine in the aftermath of Russia’s invasion, officials with the Office of the Director National Intelligence, or ODNI, told reporters.

Asked whether Russia’s information campaign is trying to boost or undermine one of the presidential candidates, an ODNI official said: “We have not observed a shift in Russia’s preferences for the presidential race from past elections, given the role the U.S. is playing with regard to Ukraine and broader policy toward Russia.”
Speaking without attribution, some spook further said that Russia was laundering its efforts through “influential US voices” and commercial firms.
“We are beginning to see Russia target specific voter demographics, promote divisive narratives and denigrate specific politicians. Moscow seeks to shape electoral outcomes, undermine electoral integrity and amplify domestic divisions,” the ODNI official said.

“To accomplish this, Moscow is using a variety of approaches to bolster its messaging and lend an air of authenticity to its efforts. This includes outsourcing its efforts to commercial firms to hide its hand and laundering narratives through influential U.S. voices,” the official said.
Such microtargeting of disgruntled types has a European counterpart — not just efforts to sway the various recent elections (which were wildly successful at the EU, but less so elsewhere), but also recruiting people to engage in sabotage.
A trove of Kremlin documents obtained by a European intelligence service and reviewed by The Washington Post illustrate the breadth of Russia’s efforts to identify potential recruits.

The documents show that in July 2023, Kremlin political strategists studied the Facebook profiles of more than 1,200 people they believed were workers at two major German plants — Aurubis and BASF in Ludwigshafen — to identify employees who could be manipulated into stirring unrest.

The strategists drew up excel spreadsheets analyzing the profiles of every worker, highlighting posts that demonstrated the employees’ anti-government, anti-immigration or anti-Ukrainian views.

At the BASF chemical plant, special attention was paid to the workers’ attitudes toward the closure of several facilities at the plant in spring 2023 because of soaring production costs, including natural gas price hikes, which led to the loss of 2,600 jobs. At the Aurubis metals plant, the strategists noted anti-immigrant views in the posts of some of the workers, one of the documents shows.

“We can concentrate on inciting ethnic hatred,” one of the strategists wrote. “Or on organizing strikes over social benefits.”
We see more on intelligence targeting in Europe than we do in the US, which is one of many reasons to suspect we know about it because the US has shared information to be released publicly (something they can’t do for US persons). But all that would change if Trump were to win the election: He has already threatened to stop sharing that kind of intelligence.
Let's see how long it takes our resident MagaT's to start bleating about "Russiagate 2"...

:lol: :lol:
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Former FBI agent Peter Strzok’s attorneys say he’s getting $1.2 million from a settlement with DOJ over Rod Rosenstein's decision to release Strzok's private text messages. His constitutional claims concerning his removal from the FBI remain pending. Lisa Page will receive $800,000 in settlement of her claims concerning the text messages.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:14 pm
a fan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 2:57 pm This is why I'm so.....aggressive.....about the laughable idea that American Justice System should steer clear of investigating and indicting politicians.

If this is how they act knowing they might get caught? Imagine what they'll do if we tell them that no matter what they won't do, Justice won't lift a finger to investigate them, let alone indict them.

Show me the man!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94aPMDQI4NI
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

"The Blob" and Ukraine/Russia was the target; which started a decade ago.

An argument, is that what Trump called "The Swamp" was much to do about "The Blob", the intel, propaganda, war machine that encompasses far more than bullets and tanks. It can even be tied to Burisma and explains why Hunter's Law Firm was in the 'mix', taking in 11 million between 2013-2018. It's almost like ole DIck Cheney and Bush creating havoc, for the sake of creating havoc, cash flow, and in support of the greater good...while gaslighting a country and region.

Furthering the argument, it explains the attempt to connect Trump and Putin as buddies.....b/c Putin was the target all along. Yet, Trump, had no foreign enemies at the time and was no 'on the inside' to know what the wheels in motion were already rolling towards; he threatened "the Blob".

This is not a right/left, Biden/Trump argument....it is an inside the beltway group, that is doing things beyond that which any of us can control....and why I believe the Blob fears that Trump threatens their broader goal. It may very well explain why leaders over the globe sat on their hands for those 4 years.

Reference:

~ https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nation ... -rcna29462
~ https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... b-00030443
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:12 pm "The Blob" and Ukraine/Russia was the target; which started a decade ago.

An argument, is that what Trump called "The Swamp" was much to do about "The Blob", the intel, propaganda, war machine that encompasses far more than bullets and tanks. It can even be tied to Burisma and explains why Hunter's Law Firm was in the 'mix', taking in 11 million between 2013-2018. It's almost like ole DIck Cheney and Bush creating havoc, for the sake of creating havoc, cash flow, and in support of the greater good...while gaslighting a country and region.

Furthering the argument, it explains the attempt to connect Trump and Putin as buddies.....b/c Putin was the target all along. Yet, Trump, had no foreign enemies at the time and was no 'on the inside' to know what the wheels in motion were already rolling towards; he threatened "the Blob".
As usual, pick the parts you like, ignore the facts you don't.

So....how come Trump hired Manafort as his campaign manager, who lied about it, and is now a convinced Felon who worked for Putin?

How come they met with a Russian spy in TrumpTower, and "forgot" to tell the FBI about it?

That's just two. You have no answer, other than to ignore it, and claim conspiracy. And now you're roping in Hunter Biden....for the 1,000th time, there's no there there.

Doubling down again?? Haven't you had this stuff debunked enough times for you to walk from DeepStateTeamTinFoil?

Remember OS's asinine claim, that "Trump was threatening rice bowls (ie...monied interests in .gov)?"

And how much bigger was the swamp...sending billions in every which direction in the swamp) when Trump left? And how much bigger was the war machine??? And how much did you and he care about it? (answer: ya didn't).

And as you know OS ALWAYS thinks the Military is broke, and needs trillions more, or the world will collapse.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

This was not about Trump or Biden or left or right.....keep up the fight, whatever it is you are battling against.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:16 pm This was not about Trump
Right. What was I thinking?

In your world, does the word Trump no longer mean Trump? That's where we are now?

Because you're now on me for thinking the post below was NOT about Trump.....seriously? Three times ain't enough, and posting it in your Deep State Thread, which you have told us you believe is real for over three dozen years??
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:12 pm "The Blob" and Ukraine/Russia was the target; which started a decade ago.

Furthering the argument, it explains the attempt to connect Trump and Putin as buddies.....b/c Putin was the target all along. Yet, Trump, had no foreign enemies at the time and
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:59 pm

In your world, does the word Trump no longer mean Trump? That's where we are now?

Because you're now on me for thinking the post below was NOT about Trump.....seriously? Three times ain't enough, and posting it in your Deep State Thread, which you have told us you believe is real for over three dozen years??

Furthering the argument, it explains the attempt to connect Trump and Putin as buddies.....b/c Putin was the target all along. Yet, Trump, had no foreign enemies at the time and
I actually thought the article was about Biden and Hillary….they were mentioned so often.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Moved to the correct thread.

The Deep State crew here will be OUTRAGED that American Justice system is being "weaponized" against another poor politician.

What does the crew think? Did the FBI 'trick Adams" into lying and breaking laws? Is he breaking laws that just aren't a big deal, and you chaps claim are "victimless"? Have I left out any excuses?

Don't worry, Durham's on the case, and will go after the corrupt members of NY law enforcement that dared to (checks notes) make politicians follow the same laws the rest of us follow.
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:22 pm https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/25/us/new-y ... index.html

Can’t say I am surprised. It will be interesting to see how his case goes versus Trump’s. Another crooked politician.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:17 pm Moved to the correct thread.

The Deep State crew here will be OUTRAGED that American Justice system is being "weaponized" against another poor politician.

What does the crew think? Did the FBI 'trick Adams" into lying and breaking laws? Is he breaking laws that just aren't a big deal, and you chaps claim are "victimless"? Have I left out any excuses?

Don't worry, Durham's on the case, and will go after the corrupt members of NY law enforcement that dared to (checks notes) make politicians follow the same laws the rest of us follow.
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:22 pm https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/25/us/new-y ... index.html

Can’t say I am surprised. It will be interesting to see how his case goes versus Trump’s. Another crooked politician.
I am sure Old Salt will be here with his “show me the man” comments…. Poor Eric….he was tricked!
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:24 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:17 pm Moved to the correct thread.

I am sure Old Salt will be here with his “show me the man” comments…. Poor Eric….he was tricked!
Best part? Adams arrived with the Trumpian language that works so well on TeamTinFoilDeepState.....

"“I always knew that If I stood my ground for New Yorkers that I would be a target – and a target I became”

So stand back and get out of the w, TLD, the Deep State crew will rush in to defend this poor, poor politician from the corrupt Deep State.

Deep Staters, let's hear it! Show us how mad you are that they're weaponizing the Justice system!!!!

:roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Adams should call Abbe Lowell. He has time for another client.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Adams has a long history of sketchy stuff going back to his actual residency when he was Brooklyn Borough President (He actually lived in New Jersey). All you have to do here is note the high number of associates and appointees who were/are apparently in it with him.

Interestingly, the Governor can remove him (FDR disposed of Jimmy Walker in 1932 two months before he was elected President and right after his nomination for that office).

Word is that if Adams gets shown to door - King Andy might run for mayor. Cradle will be apoplectic. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:39 am Adams should call Abbe Lowell. He has time for another client.
Can we all assume that Biden, personally, indicted him? Because that's how the DOJ works, right? The President identifies someone who bugs him or is inconvenient, and the FBI investigators and prosecutors then just take orders from Washington and Delaware? Like with Menendez, right?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:10 am Adams has a long history of sketchy stuff going back to his actual residency when he was Brooklyn Borough President (He actually lived in New Jersey). All you have to do here is note the high number of associates and appointees who were/are apparently in it with him.

Interestingly, the Governor can remove him (FDR disposed of Jimmy Walker in 1932 two months before he was elected President and right after his nomination for that office).

Word is that if Adams gets shown to door - King Andy might run for mayor. Cradle will be apoplectic. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The fact that King Andy would be considered a realistic prospect by anyone is mind boggling in itself. I suppose ground rule #1 will be to keep him away from all of the babes. King Andy suffers from the same horn dog syndrome that Bill Clinton suffers from. The crack of dawn isn't safe with those two sexual predators around. Why is it that powerful men love to abuse women? To be serious Andy would probably be a good mayor. If NYC actually wanted an honest mayor they would ask Frank Reagan to step down as police commissioner and run for office. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:59 pm

That was the problem....you weren't focusing, you were already charged in attack partisan attack mode; like usual.

~ Thread Heading is not partisan
~ Commented this started a decade ago
~ "The Blob" is not Partisan
~ Wars are far more then partisan
~ Articles cited reference to "Washington's" Hawkish Foreign Policy NOT Partisanship

What a crazy world we live, now inserting names in posts means we are only bring partisan....great job explaining how poorly you want to listen or discuss ideas.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”