Unfit Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88a

Re: ~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by CU88a »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:36 am
CU88a wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:38 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:36 am
CU88a wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:11 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:26 am
CU88a wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:46 am I just returned from 4 weeks in Africa, mostly without access to data services, and my adult kids (both here in MD) with their husbands & cohorts are still riding the wave of excitement for VP Harris.

One is planning to go into PA for door-to-door canvassing for VP Kamala, similar to what she did for POTUS Biden in 2020.

Now MUCH more energy and buzz for Nov 2024.
Toto reunion tour? Didn’t know they kept the same roadies from back in the day ;)
:lol:
Hope you had a nice trip and returned safe and well. A friend and family members just returned from Kenya. Said it was an amazing place.
Thank you kind sir; my wife toured in and near Nairobi with her sister before meeting me in Tanzania. They both loved it and hope to go back for more experiences.
Nairobi is on my bucket list. My wife and I have a friend from graduate school that lives there. I am glad you enjoyed it. We just returned from the Paris Olympics and the French Riviera. It was fantastic.
JEALOUS!

When did you book your "rooms" for Paris? I am hoping to go Down Under for 2032 summer games.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: ~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88a wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 7:29 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 6:36 am
CU88a wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2024 5:38 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2024 9:36 am
CU88a wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:11 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 9:26 am
CU88a wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2024 5:46 am I just returned from 4 weeks in Africa, mostly without access to data services, and my adult kids (both here in MD) with their husbands & cohorts are still riding the wave of excitement for VP Harris.

One is planning to go into PA for door-to-door canvassing for VP Kamala, similar to what she did for POTUS Biden in 2020.

Now MUCH more energy and buzz for Nov 2024.
Toto reunion tour? Didn’t know they kept the same roadies from back in the day ;)
:lol:
Hope you had a nice trip and returned safe and well. A friend and family members just returned from Kenya. Said it was an amazing place.
Thank you kind sir; my wife toured in and near Nairobi with her sister before meeting me in Tanzania. They both loved it and hope to go back for more experiences.
Nairobi is on my bucket list. My wife and I have a friend from graduate school that lives there. I am glad you enjoyed it. We just returned from the Paris Olympics and the French Riviera. It was fantastic.
JEALOUS!

When did you book your "rooms" for Paris? I am hoping to go Down Under for 2032 summer games.
A friend got tickets in February 2023 and I booked a hotel in August 2023. I probably could have waited longer but when I was looking there wasn’t a lot of inventory because rooms had not been released. I ended up actually calling the front desk at a hotel next to my friend’s apartment and booked over the phone. Australia 2032 sounds like a plan. One of my college teammates loves Australia so maybe we can travel with him and his wife. It’s an idea! Glad you mentioned it.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Re: Unfit Joe Biden and Kamala Harris

Post by old salt »

https://www.wsj.com/opinion/whos-next-b ... x_artPos=1

‘Who’s Next?’
Let’s all hope that America can get through the next four months.
by James Freeman, Sept. 23, 2024

U.S. media giants have largely decided to ignore the unwillingness of Vice President Kamala Harris to confront the issue of President Joe Biden’s cognitive health. But many members of the foreign press have decided to report what they see. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s weekend visit to Delaware along with the leaders of Australia and Japan will probably not go down as one of the shining moments of American foreign policy.

The Times of India reports:

US President Joe Biden, during Saturday’s Quad summit that he hosted at his hometown in Delaware, went blank immediately after his speech as he couldn’t remember who to call next for the address.
“So I want to thank you all for being here. And now, who am I introducing next?” Biden asked after completing his speech.
After a brief and awkward pause, Biden asked again, “Who’s next?” – – clearly snapping at one of the staff.
India Today has more:

During the recent Quad Summit held in Wilmington, President Joe Biden delivered yet another unforgettable moment, adding to his collection of gaffes.
In a moment of confusion, Biden fumbled PM Narendra Modi’s introduction, the moderators came to his rescue and announced PM Modi’s name as he came forward for his address. In an attempt to cover his mistake, Biden made an awkward joke about India being a “small country with a very small population.” While intended to foster camaraderie, this comment raised eyebrows and overshadowed the moment.
Biden’s blunders didn’t stop there. Caught on a hot mic, he expressed concerns about China’s aggressive behaviour in the Indo-Pacific, a remark that undermined the summit’s carefully crafted declaration that avoided directly mentioning Beijing. This slip revealed the ongoing tensions in the region and brought unwanted attention to the complexities of international diplomacy.
Despite these missteps, it’s important to remember that even at the highest levels of politics, everyone has their moments. However, for Biden, these gaffes seem to occur with surprising frequency, adding to his reputation as a leader prone to slips of the tongue.
Why event organizers wanted to avoid calling out the aggression of the brutal Chinese dictatorship is a good question. But if Mr. Biden wasn’t in agreement with whoever drafted the declaration it also raises again the question of who’s running our government.

As for Mr. Biden’s confusion about his honored guests, India’s Times Now notes that the Biden bewilderment about the “next” speaker occurred “even though Modi was seated right behind him and the venue was adorned with Indian flags.” Is this the appropriate way to respectfully host a visiting leader who represents 1.4 billion people?

If there’s a silver lining here it’s that Mr. Biden’s cognitive challenges are obvious enough that his treatment of Mr. Modi is not as offensive as it would be under normal circumstances with a healthy president. Manas Joshi reports for India’s Free Press Journal that Mr. Biden’s “forgetfulness and his advanced age have been a cause of concern in recent years. His long list of gaffes has got another entry added to it.” Having thus added helpful context, Mr. Joshi describes the weekend scene in Delaware after the confused Mr. Biden demanded to know who was next:

The silence continues for few more moments as those in audience and everyone else appear unsure and shocked as to what will happen now. One can only imagine the chaos reigning in the minds of Biden’s aides and US government officials organising the event as they probably went through protocol in their heads trying to figure out what to do in a matter of just a few moments.
The moderator of the programme, quickly takes the mic and announces PM Modi’s name, seemingly addressing the audience so as to not imply that the US president needed help and that it was just a routine announcement. PM Modi then gets up from his chair on the stage and greets Biden at the podium.
It seems that just about everyone in the Indian press corps now understands the U.S. president’s limitations, even if most U.S. reporters have decided to stop covering the issue while the vice president seeks a promotion. “Awkward: Biden fumbles again while introducing PM Modi at Quad event,” says the Press Trust of India in reporting “yet another gaffe” from the U.S. president.

It’s nice that good-natured reporters at Indian media outlets are willing to write off such embarrassments to the limited faculties of our president. But this is not how we want America’s commander-in-chief to be viewed in a dangerous world. It’s past time for Vice President Harris to do her duty to ensure that the United States has a president who is fit to serve.

A lot can happen in four months.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:05 am

‘Who’s Next?’

U.S. media giants have largely decided to ignore the unwillingness of Vice President Kamala Harris to confront the issue of President Joe Biden’s cognitive health. But many members of the foreign press have decided to report what they see. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s weekend visit to Delaware along with the leaders of Australia and Japan will probably not go down as one of the shining moments of American foreign policy.

US President Joe Biden, during Saturday’s Quad summit that he hosted at his hometown in Delaware, went blank immediately after his speech as he couldn’t remember who to call next for the address.
“So I want to thank you all for being here. And now, who am I introducing next?” Biden asked after completing his speech.
After a brief and awkward pause, Biden asked again, “Who’s next?” – – clearly snapping at one of the staff.
India Today has more:

During the recent Quad Summit held in Wilmington, President Joe Biden delivered yet another unforgettable moment, adding to his collection of gaffes.
In a moment of confusion, Biden fumbled PM Narendra Modi’s introduction, the moderators came to his rescue and announced PM Modi’s name as he came forward for his address. In an attempt to cover his mistake, Biden made an awkward joke about India being a “small country with a very small population.” While intended to foster camaraderie, this comment raised eyebrows and overshadowed the moment.
Biden’s blunders didn’t stop there. Caught on a hot mic, he expressed concerns about China’s aggressive behaviour in the Indo-Pacific, a remark that undermined the summit’s carefully crafted declaration that avoided directly mentioning Beijing. This slip revealed the ongoing tensions in the region and brought unwanted attention to the complexities of international diplomacy.
Despite these missteps, it’s important to remember that even at the highest levels of politics, everyone has their moments. However, for Biden, these gaffes seem to occur with surprising frequency, adding to his reputation as a leader prone to slips of the tongue.
Why event organizers wanted to avoid calling out the aggression of the brutal Chinese dictatorship is a good question. But if Mr. Biden wasn’t in agreement with whoever drafted the declaration it also raises again the question of who’s running our government.

As for Mr. Biden’s confusion about his honored guests, India’s Times Now notes that the Biden bewilderment about the “next” speaker occurred “even though Modi was seated right behind him and the venue was adorned with Indian flags.” Is this the appropriate way to respectfully host a visiting leader who represents 1.4 billion people?

If there’s a silver lining here it’s that Mr. Biden’s cognitive challenges are obvious enough that his treatment of Mr. Modi is not as offensive as it would be under normal circumstances with a healthy president. Manas Joshi reports for India’s Free Press Journal that Mr. Biden’s “forgetfulness and his advanced age have been a cause of concern in recent years. His long list of gaffes has got another entry added to it.” Having thus added helpful context, Mr. Joshi describes the weekend scene in Delaware after the confused Mr. Biden demanded to know who was next:

The silence continues for few more moments as those in audience and everyone else appear unsure and shocked as to what will happen now. One can only imagine the chaos reigning in the minds of Biden’s aides and US government officials organising the event as they probably went through protocol in their heads trying to figure out what to do in a matter of just a few moments.
The moderator of the programme, quickly takes the mic and announces PM Modi’s name, seemingly addressing the audience so as to not imply that the US president needed help and that it was just a routine announcement. PM Modi then gets up from his chair on the stage and greets Biden at the podium.
It seems that just about everyone in the Indian press corps now understands the U.S. president’s limitations, even if most U.S. reporters have decided to stop covering the issue while the vice president seeks a promotion. “Awkward: Biden fumbles again while introducing PM Modi at Quad event,” says the Press Trust of India in reporting “yet another gaffe” from the U.S. president.

It’s nice that good-natured reporters at Indian media outlets are willing to write off such embarrassments to the limited faculties of our president. But this is not how we want America’s commander-in-chief to be viewed in a dangerous world. It’s past time for Vice President Harris to do her duty to ensure that the United States has a president who is fit to serve.

Hard to believe a seasoned newsperson or a decent publication took this to press. Just blather about a gaffe, and an effort to magnify it as an acute issue. As you and Mr. Freeman know, this is the Presidency, and the failsafes on the President's actions are myriad and deep. And what is the real message? Harris should invoke the 25th and move into the WH now, mid-campaign, while the world watches a truly incompetent GOP dotard run for a second try at the Presidency. Stupid, stupid stuff. But I can see how it caught your fancy.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:34 am

‘Who’s Next?’

India Today has more:

Hard to believe a seasoned newsperson or a decent publication took this to press. Just blather about a gaffe, and an effort to magnify it as an acute issue. As you and Mr. Freeman know, this is the Presidency, and the failsafes on the President's actions are myriad and deep. And what is the real message? Harris should invoke the 25th and move into the WH now, mid-campaign, while the world watches a truly incompetent GOP dotard run for a second try at the Presidency. Stupid, stupid stuff. But I can see how it caught your fancy.
It did not take much.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

OCanada wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:03 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:34 am

‘Who’s Next?’

India Today has more:

It did not take much.
Funny how these same people ignore the fire hose of wacko stuff that Fatso says publicly on a daily basis :oops:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:34 am... while the world watches a truly incompetent GOP dotard run for a second try at the Presidency.
Right, except most people remember 2017-2020, ...& miss it.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 9:45 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 7:34 am... while the world watches a truly incompetent GOP dotard run for a second try at the Presidency.
Most people like you.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Amazing how many people forget how bad 2020 was.

A dumpster fire within a dumpster fire.
Typical Lax Dad

Old Soldier misses these days. He wants them back. That’s his guy. The folks at my Mother In Laws Assisted Living spot love him too….
“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Pretty weak and laughable. I get how hard this must be, the prospect of a mixed race woman possibly becoming the President. Very tough for a used up piece of hide like you, who identifies order in life through race-baiting white guys running the show.

Also, the usual:

https://x.com/RpsAgainstTrump/status/18 ... 8778410036

Maybe it was nice in Louisiana.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 6:50 am
Pretty weak and laughable. I get how hard this must be, the prospect of a mixed race woman possibly becoming the President. Very tough for a used up piece of hide like you, who identifies order in life through race-baiting white guys running the show.

Also, the usual:

A used up piece of hide?? You and I ain't exactly spring chickens ourselves anymore counselor. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:12 am

Also, the usual:

A used up piece of hide?? You and I ain't exactly spring chickens ourselves anymore counselor. :D
That is true enough. But I am trying to keep up with, rather than stop, history from having its day. This POS just wants us all back in 1956.

Here's his Orange Hero saying profoundly stupid things again, just a day or so ago:

https://x.com/PoliticusSarah/status/1838318297156104532
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:15 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:12 am

Also, the usual:

That is true enough. But I am trying to keep up with, rather than stop, history from having its day. This POS just wants us all back in 1956.

Here's his Orange Hero saying profoundly stupid things again, just a day or so ago:

https://x.com/PoliticusSarah/status/1838318297156104532
I didn't even know John Deere was manufacturing tractors in Mexico. Maybe trump has an ulterior motive hoping that John Deere will give him a deal on lawn mowers? John Deere products have never been inexpensive to begin with. trump has always said stupid stuff. It becomes problematic when you actually do stupid stuff.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trump driving a John Deere lawnmower? Get me a picture of that!
a fan

Post by a fan »

You mean when Trump made the Federal Government well over 60% bigger in four years, pumping trillions of borrowed money into the economy?

And then Republicans like you showed up, and claimed it was your "hard work" that led to that economy, instead of trillions of borrowed money?

And now we're at the point where interest on debt is approaching what we spend on defense. And you and your R voters don't notice any of this, and don't care.

And when we finally have to pay these debts? You and your buds will FINALLY find your calculators, and tell us it's not Trump or Bush's fault for exploding the size of government, while cutting effective tax rates in half. You'll blame the gays, libs and cross dressers for what your team did when you were in charge.

Same as it ever was. Can't wait for you to try and pin this on anyone but yourself. Who cares, right? Your stocks are fat, so what difference does it make if the next generation can't afford a military, or to educate our kids?

Told you about this when it happened. You brushed it off as a footnote, as always, and went right back to blaming the dems for everything.
a fan

Post by a fan »

This illustrates 12 years of TrumpThinking just beautifully:

The House Oversight Committee is investigating the Biden-Harris administration’s alleged use of taxpayer-funded resources to fly Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to battleground Pennsylvania ahead of the November presidential election, Fox News Digital has learned.

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer, R-Ky., penned letters to the White House, the Pentagon and the Justice Department on Wednesday seeking documents regarding the administration’s alleged "misuse of government resources" to allow Zelenskyy to allegedly "interfere in the 2024 presidential election."

"In 2019, the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives impeached President Donald J. Trump for abuse of power under the theory that he attempted to use a foreign leader — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy — to benefit his 2020 presidential campaign, despite a lack of any evidence of wrongdoing on the part of President Trump," Comer wrote.

See how this works? They shouted about how Trump's call to Z was awesome, and not a big deal.

But here they are, claiming Biden did something similar, and are telling us that's wrong.

Did you get that? OS will LOVE this, because it's how his mind works, too: When Trump does it? Oh, shut up, don't complain, it's awesome....but if they so much as THINK that Biden does it? Oh, "that's different", and we need to open an investigation immediately.

Toddlers. They're all toddlers. This is logic for idiots. And naturally, the idiots who have never once taken a class on even basic logic....lap it up.

They think it's a coincidence that they think Trump can do no wrong, and Biden can do no right.

Anyone remember the days when Republican voters were horrified to find that Nixon was a criminal, a cheat, and liar.

:lol: :lol: :lol: How sad and funny is it that these voters do. not. care. what their R leaders say or do anymore.

And they think it's "everyone else's" fault that America is falling apart, and the fact that they keep nominating a man who makes Nixon look like a SuperHero isn't their fault, they have nothing to do with it.

Trump cracked the code, TLD is right: foment fear and hate, and simply hate the same people that the R voters hate. It works like a champ.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/abuse- ... nnsylvania
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 2:00 pm This illustrates 12 years of TrumpThinking just beautifully:

The House Oversight Committee is investigating the Biden-Harris administration’s alleged use of taxpayer-funded resources to fly Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy to battleground Pennsylvania ahead of the November presidential election, Fox News Digital has learned.

House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer, R-Ky., penned letters to the White House, the Pentagon and the Justice Department on Wednesday seeking documents regarding the administration’s alleged "misuse of government resources" to allow Zelenskyy to allegedly "interfere in the 2024 presidential election."

"In 2019, the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives impeached President Donald J. Trump for abuse of power under the theory that he attempted to use a foreign leader — Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy — to benefit his 2020 presidential campaign, despite a lack of any evidence of wrongdoing on the part of President Trump," Comer wrote.

See how this works? They shouted about how Trump's call to Z was awesome, and not a big deal.

But here they are, claiming Biden did something similar, and are telling us that's wrong.

Did you get that? OS will LOVE this, because it's how his mind works, too: When Trump does it? Oh, shut up, don't complain, it's awesome....but if they so much as THINK that Biden does it? Oh, "that's different", and we need to open an investigation immediately.

Toddlers. They're all toddlers. This is logic for idiots. And naturally, the idiots who have never once taken a class on even basic logic....lap it up.

They think it's a coincidence that they think Trump can do no wrong, and Biden can do no right.

Anyone remember the days when Republican voters were horrified to find that Nixon was a criminal, a cheat, and liar.

:lol: :lol: :lol: How sad and funny is it that these voters do. not. care. what their R leaders say or do anymore.

And they think it's "everyone else's" fault that America is falling apart, and the fact that they keep nominating a man who makes Nixon look like a SuperHero isn't their fault, they have nothing to do with it.

Trump cracked the code, TLD is right: foment fear and hate, and simply hate the same people that the R voters hate. It works like a champ.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/abuse- ... nnsylvania
He is going to do something about the people they don’t like.
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

It is a prime characteristic of authoritarians that they attack the “other”as part of their ambition for power it never stops. There is a book “Strongmen” by Ruth Ben-Ghiat. Very interesting woman and an expert in the field
ggait

Post by ggait »

What TF you talking about Willis?

Most people remember 2020 as a shirt show. Lock downs, layoffs, unemployment, stock market crash, GDP plummeting, etc.

Dr. Birks certainly does not miss 2020. Especially 4/24/2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d57zJr82dhQ

MOST people voted against Cheetoh in 2016. MOST people voted against Cheetoh in 2020.

MOST people will vote against Cheetoh again in 2024. 538 gives Trump a 32% chance of winning the PV in 2024. Seems high to me.

And are you still pretending that you did not/will not for Trump? Bahahahahahahahaha.

Boycott stupid.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”