The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
tech37

Re: 2024

Post by tech37 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:24 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:32 am
Propaganda at it's finest.
You going to vote for Orange Baby?
Will Trump even be on the ticket 11/5?
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 8:30 am
As long as we're talking about propaganda. ;) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I'm wondering if Iran wanting to assassinate trump and aggressively supporting Kamala Harris tells the American people anything they might need to know? Is there a chance those C130s might be reloaded with gold bars for midnight rendezvous in Iran??
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:12 am I'm wondering if Iran wanting to assassinate trump and aggressively supporting Kamala Harris tells the American people anything they might need to know? Is there a chance those C130s might be reloaded with gold bars for midnight rendezvous in Iran??
They have been wanting to do this ever since the Trumpies assassinated General Soliemani in Iraq.
Exactly what is the evidence that they are "aggressively supporting" Harris? Please cite some source other than yourself. :lol: :lol:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Is that a "yes," if he is?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Kismet wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:15 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:12 am I'm wondering if Iran wanting to assassinate trump and aggressively supporting Kamala Harris tells the American people anything they might need to know? Is there a chance those C130s might be reloaded with gold bars for midnight rendezvous in Iran??
They have been wanting to do this ever since the Trumpies assassinated General Soliemani in Iraq.
Exactly what is the evidence that they are "aggressively supporting" Harris? Please cite some source other than yourself. :lol: :lol:
His post is effectively a guy walking in the door and saying, "Hi, I'm batsh*t." Nothing but silliness.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Did you just crawl out from under your rock? Iran has been interfering in our elections allegedly because they hate trump. It is easy to understand why Iran might have a crush on Kamala Harris. They understand she is a FLP radical liberal. Why else would Iran support her and want to assassinate trump? Iran understands that a POTUS Harris would be easy to manipulate. Why else would they be supporting her candidacy? They would have a friend in Kamala indeed. There might might even be a few midnight runs of C130s stacked with gold bars as a way of Kamala showing her gratitude for the support. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:15 am
Did you just crawl out from under your rock? Iran has been interfering in our elections allegedly because they hate trump. It is easy to understand why Iran might have a crush on Kamala Harris. They understand she is a FLP radical liberal. Why else would Iran support her and want to assassinate trump? Iran understands that a POTUS Harris would be easy to manipulate. Why else would they be supporting her candidacy? They would have a friend in Kamala indeed. There might might even be a few midnight runs of C130s stacked with gold bars as a way of Kamala showing her gratitude for the support. :D
Serious question. What is the basis for this statement: "They would have a friend in Kamala indeed." I am asking about some sort of evidence that Harris would be a "friend" to Iran. Anything? Or is it just the news reports that "Iran" has hacked the Trump campaign, and nothing else?.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:51 am
First of all, you're asking someone who hasn't voted in years. If I do vote, I can tell you I won't be voting for the Democrat machine.

Help me out here coaster... if I did vote Trump will you still be my friend? Or can I still call you for legal services?

Then again, if they don't do anything to change my mind from now until election day, perhaps I'll just write in old salt POTUS and cradle VPOTUS.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

How dumb is too dumb? Smoot-Hawley everyone?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-t ... led-2024-9

"Donald Trump has lodged a hefty threat against John Deere: move manufacturing to Mexico, and your imported products will face a 200% tariff.

Now, trade economists say Trump's latest trade threat makes no sense.

On Monday, the former president said at an agricultural policy roundtable in Smithton, Pennsylvania, that he would impose the massive tariff if John Deere follows through on its plans to move some of its production — specifically, skid steer loaders and compact track loaders — from Iowa to Mexico by the end of 2026.

The company first announced the partial production shift to Mexico back in June, following several rounds of staff cuts.

"I know a lot about John Deere. I love the company, but as you know, they've announced a few days ago that they're going to move a lot of their manufacturing business to Mexico," Trump said at Monday's event. "I'm just notifying John Deere right now: If you do that, we're putting a 200% tariff on everything that you want to sell into the United States."

"They think they're going to make product cheaper in Mexico and then sell it in for the same price as they did before, make a lot of money by getting rid of our labor and our jobs," the Republican presidential nominee added.

Trump also said that any company that did the same would be slapped with the same 200% tariff.

A John Deere spokesperson told Business Insider that it's "constantly reviewing production efficiencies and product/component moves to optimize manufacturing floor space" and leverage its production workforce to build machines.

Jonathan W. Coppess, director of the agriculture policy program at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, said that Trump is tapping into concerns about companies moving jobs out of the country — and it's a pattern we've seen many times.

"John Deere is a major manufacturer and the consequences of moving those jobs is significant," Coppess said.

But Coppess said Trump's answer to the problem might not be the right fix — and several trade economists told BI that Trump's proposed tariff is a terrible idea.

"You'll find no serious, respected trade economists thinking that this is a good idea," Ian Sheldon, a professor and Andersons Chair of Agricultural Marketing, Trade and Policy at The Ohio State University, told BI.

"This is a huge tariff," Sheldon added. "It looks almost like a prohibitive tariff. By prohibitive, I mean it would choke off imports of John Deere skid steer loaders would be my hunch."

Gary Hufbauer, a nonresident senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics, echoed Sheldon's concerns.

He told BI that Trump's huge proposed tariff is not only a "terrible idea," but it would also violate the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement (USMCA), which succeeded NAFTA in 2020.

"I mean, it's just a plain, simple violation," Hufbauer said.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:47 am
First of all, you're asking someone who hasn't voted in years. If I do vote, I can tell you I won't be voting for the Democrat machine.

Help me out here coaster... if I did vote Trump will you still be my friend? Or can I still call you for legal services?

Then again, if they don't do anything to change my mind from now until election day, perhaps I'll just write in old salt POTUS and cradle VPOTUS.
We can still be friends. Even if you do any or all of those terrible things. I'm retiring 12/31/2024, but I can give you a very able referral.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:58 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 11:47 am

We can still be friends. Even if you do any or all of those terrible things. I'm retiring 12/31/2024, but I can give you a very able referral.
Ha!... great. Don't forget, "terrible" is in the eye of the beerholder.

Congratulations on your retirement seacoaster!

Return to “POLITICS”