Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
WashedUpLaxDad

Re: Recruiting

Post by WashedUpLaxDad »

laxfan9999 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:26 pm Clemson class is surprisingly underwhelming. It is closer to Louisville and Pitt than it is to UnC and Syracuse in the ACC.
I'd agree across the class, but the pickup of Bogan today was huge. Probably best player in the class, definitely the best athlete, and will get on the field.
laxdadpat

Post by laxdadpat »

No use me trying to rank those top 12 from only seeing their recruiting videos. I will predict Findora could easily get the most early recognition and have a great college career. I think her video is top 2, but her going to Virginia should get her on the field early. Going to a great school where she should play all 4 years is a great decision. Nothing wrong with going to the teams stacked with 5 stars, but sitting the bench is not fun at all. Both sisters can continue to excel together against top competition.
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

MSLAX5 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:58 pm Not sure why so many people put stock into Star recruits. Many really good players are not rated. Anyone can pay inside lacrosse to review a video and rate them. Otherwise if a kid did not go to Best in Class or the IL events then they will not be rated.
If we're going off of Inside Lacrosse rankings, this is one of the most screwed up class rankings I have ever seen. I'd bet that 50% of the top ten we'll never hear about until 6 years from now, if ever.
Meanwhile, a ton of really good athletes are not even mentioned.
There are girls that got full offers from UNC, Cuse, Clemson, Florida, Northwestern, etc that are completely off the list.

I'm going to bet when they do a re-ranking after their sophomore year in college, the top ten won't resemble anything like recruiting rankings.

Then again, in 4 years, I'm going to bet that certain schools in the top 15 will be long gone as well after this revenue sharing and 'two-tier' system kicks in.
WashedUpLaxDad

Post by WashedUpLaxDad »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:56 pm
MSLAX5 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 3:58 pm Not sure why so many people put stock into Star recruits. Many really good players are not rated. Anyone can pay inside lacrosse to review a video and rate them. Otherwise if a kid did not go to Best in Class or the IL events then they will not be rated.
If we're going off of Inside Lacrosse rankings, this is one of the most screwed up class rankings I have ever seen. I'd bet that 50% of the top ten we'll never hear about until 6 years from now, if ever.
There are girls that got full offers from UNC, Cuse, Clemson, Florida, Northwestern, etc that are completely off the list.

I'm going to bet when they do a re-ranking after their sophomore year in college, the top ten won't resemble anything like recruiting rankings.

Then again, in 4 years, I'm going to bet that certain schools in the top 15 will be long gone as well after this revenue sharing and 'two-tier' system kicks in.
In any class, whether it is football, basketball or lax, 50% of the top 10 never make an impact.
MSLAX5

Post by MSLAX5 »

WashedUpLaxDad wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:35 pm
laxfan9999 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:26 pm Clemson class is surprisingly underwhelming. It is closer to Louisville and Pitt than it is to UnC and Syracuse in the ACC.
I'd agree across the class, but the pickup of Bogan today was huge. Probably best player in the class, definitely the best athlete, and will get on the field.
I know Pitt and Louisville are ACC with great schedule, but I am sure many good players pass on those schools.
Louisville is ranked like 44th in NCAA rankings and Pitt 75th. Would you want a Penn State, UMass, or Richmond over a Pitt or Louisville?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

WashedUpLaxDad wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:10 am

In any class, whether it is football, basketball or lax, 50% of the top 10 never make an impact.

Do you need me to bring up the top 10 from Inside Lacrosse for the last 15 years and see if your statement holds?
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:42 am
WashedUpLaxDad wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:10 am

Do you need me to bring up the top 10 from Inside Lacrosse for the last 15 years and see if your statement holds?
Not doubting you, but would love to see the stats :)
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Seems to me like you live under the impression that these rankings need to be 100% accurate. That's not possible. in anything where there is some form of bias. But it is more often right than it is wrong. No one is saying these rankings are 100% accurate. That's what you need to understand.

You're telling me if ECU had a choice between Cayden Reese and whoever was #1 on their list, they would turn down Reese?

if your answer is no, that's why recruiting and stars matter and why you're on a recruiting forum
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:49 am

Seems to me like you live under the impression that these rankings need to be 100% accurate. That's not possible. in anything where there is some form of bias. But it is more often right than it is wrong. No one is saying these rankings are 100% accurate. That's what you need to understand.

You're telling me if ECU had a choice between Cayden Reese and whoever was #1 on their list, they would turn down Reese?

if your answer is no, that's why recruiting and stars matter and why you're on a recruiting forum
Yep. And as I said earlier, if a player such as Mallory Hasselbeck chose ECU and dominated, people posting here would be saying she was a star and could play anywhere instead of labeling her a bust. She chose BC with seven thousand other top players. It doesn’t mean she can’t play.
BigRedChant

Post by BigRedChant »

[/quote]

I know Pitt and Louisville are ACC with great schedule, but I am sure many good players pass on those schools.
Louisville is ranked like 44th in NCAA rankings and Pitt 75th. Would you want a Penn State, UMass, or Richmond over a Pitt or Louisville?
[/quote]

Certainly have a better chance of making the ncaa tourney on those teams
Codylax14

Post by Codylax14 »

I have to 100% agree. Inside Lacrosse didnt do a great job this year. Many were left off including recruits that are heading to Florida UnC Clemson Northwester etc. these great athletes were not ranked and they were certainly at the top of the 2026 class. Defenders seemed to get slighted the most. speaking to several top ranked school coaches during the recruiting process, they told us they hold zero weight on these rankings... they base their recuriting what they SEE not what they read about... we were told its mostly for the parents
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Codylax14 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:58 am

I have to 100% agree. Inside Lacrosse didnt do a great job this year. Many were left off including recruits that are heading to Florida UnC Clemson Northwester etc. these great athletes were not ranked and they were certainly at the top of the 2026 class. Defenders seemed to get slighted the most. speaking to several top ranked school coaches during the recruiting process, they told us they hold zero weight on these rankings... they base their recuriting what they SEE not what they read about... we were told its mostly for the parents
How would you know when they havnt played in college? IL has a history and track record of their rankings. Why is your word and evaluations better than theres on this particular class?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Look, no one is saying these rankings are perfect. They are not. Players get overlooked and underrated, players get overrated. Happens. People are ranked in life and compared to their peers. Successful companies hire the best people. The best teams have the best players. UNC and BC are consistantly good and better than Lindenwood because they have better players. The better players you have, the higher the chance of success.

No one just closes their eyes and decides to randomely rank players. There's merit to it.

How can you argue rankings don't matter yet every year the best teams are the teams who have more players who were highly touted coming out of high school. what am i missing here. is this not common sense?
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:36 am Look, no one is saying these rankings are perfect. They are not. Players get overlooked and underrated, players get overrated. Happens. People are ranked in life and compared to their peers. Successful companies hire the best people. The best teams have the best players. UNC and BC are consistantly good and better than Lindenwood because they have better players. The better players you have, the higher the chance of success.

No one just closes their eyes and decides to randomely rank players. There's merit to it.

How can you argue rankings don't matter yet every year the best teams are the teams who have more players who were highly touted coming out of high school. what am i missing here. is this not common sense?
You are directionally right of course….and also specifically wrong sometimes given small N of schools and even kids seen and rated versus all kids playing in a particular class.
And the exception that proves the rule is northwestern.

And we are quibbling about shades of grey.
Any school not named unc or bc or Florida or uva or Syracuse or northwestern or Maryland or maybe Stanford would SWAP 26 commit classes with any of the above. Maybe ND. That’s it. End of story.
Codylax14

Post by Codylax14 »

I am certainly not saying that the girls ranked are not great players and they are ....no doubt... and those 5 star players are great for sure!! Im just saying they missed a lot of players this year...and that the coaches aren't looking at Inside Lacrosse for their recruits... they already know who they want have seen them play and for certain a lot of them are on that list. But a lot of them are not and they chose those unstarre girls based not on Inside lacrosse rankings but for what they see when they are recruiting does that make sense...
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Codylax14 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:52 am I am certainly not saying that the girls ranked are not great players and they are ....no doubt... and those 5 star players are great for sure!! Im just saying they missed a lot of players this year...and that the coaches aren't looking at Inside Lacrosse for their recruits... they already know who they want have seen them play and for certain a lot of them are on that list. But a lot of them are not and they chose those unstarre girls based not on Inside lacrosse rankings but for what they see when they are recruiting does that make sense...
But they miss players every year. This year is no different then when they started rankings. So the talk about rankings are moot. This seemed like it started because some poster’s kid was not on the list. She ended up in a great place and is happy. That happens to a ton of really good lax players.
Last edited by Relax77 on Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LaxGnome22

Post by LaxGnome22 »

I am a little surprised that Coastal Carolina only has 2 commits so far. With making the tourney last year and building the new indoor practice facility, I would have thought Coastal would have been a very enticing draw. One step forward, one step back I guess.
Codylax14

Post by Codylax14 »

Relax77 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:08 pm
Codylax14 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:52 am I am certainly not saying that the girls ranked are not great players and they are ....no doubt... and those 5 star players are great for sure!! Im just saying they missed a lot of players this year...and that the coaches aren't looking at Inside Lacrosse for their recruits... they already know who they want have seen them play and for certain a lot of them are on that list. But a lot of them are not and they chose those unstarre girls based not on Inside lacrosse rankings but for what they see when they are recruiting does that make sense...
But they miss players every year. This yea is no different than when they started rankings. So the talk about rankings are moot. This seemed like it started because some poster’s kid was not on the list. She ended up in a great place and is happy. That happens to a ton of really good lax players.
Thats great! Good for her! Hopefully that is how it works for others as well! :)
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:40 pm I am a little surprised that Coastal Carolina only has 2 commits so far. With making the tourney last year and building the new indoor practice facility, I would have thought Coastal would have been a very enticing draw. One step forward, one step back I guess.
There’s quite a few mid and upper mid teams that are low. Delaware, Drexel and Jacksonville all have zero.
BigRedChant

Post by BigRedChant »

LaxGnome22 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 12:40 pm I am a little surprised that Coastal Carolina only has 2 commits so far. With making the tourney last year and building the new indoor practice facility, I would have thought Coastal would have been a very enticing draw. One step forward, one step back I guess.
Just announced a 3rd today

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”