All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 11:20 am Ukrainian drone attack triggers huge blasts at Russian ammo depot

The explosions in Toropets, in the Tver region, were so intense that they were picked up by NASA satellites and earthquake monitors.

They're really getting a bang for their buck. Russia hasn't really dealt with an active invading force for 80 years. Kind of wild.
Some video:

https://x.com/visegrad24/status/1836312639351185832
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:18 am
OCanada wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:41 pm He is an extremist

He mentions Benghazi but does not mention that the GOP cut the protection. budget by a lotand ss a result the mission was underfunded st the time but that never gets mentioned. By the was the SS budget has also been underfunded. Thx GOP. should take a bow.

I virw OC ss a fifth columnist
The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters. Benghazi had nothing to do with a lack of funding. Benghazi occured because of a lack of intelligence. The folks at DoS were worried about the optics of what an increase in security personnel would look like. It didn't matter how many times the ambassador requested more security, it just wouldn't have looked good. You can't tell the world there is no security issue in Libya and then increase security at your embassys. Even the media folks aren't stupid enough to fall for that bullchit.
Lolololol. Thete is mo doubt errors were made at the departmental level. I think 4 people left either fired or resigned. Regardless your attempt to disassociate the GOP is laughable. As wss the attempt to blame Clinton wbi h i recall you were supporting. Read the reports.

The SS has been under funded for at least a decade. The GOP at work again. You have zero credibility
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:09 am
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:15 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:50 am That had nothing to do with what happened in Benghazi. Why were we establishing a mission in Benghazi when all of our allies were pulling their people outta there ? Our Ambassador was there (on 9-11 of all days) to set up a campaign photo op visit for conquering heroine HRC. Then they tried to blame it on a video.
:lol: What happened to "oh these soldiers and diplomats were just doing their jobs"??

When Old Salt thinks we MUST be in a country, dead soldiers are awesome, and just "doing their jobs".

When "anyone else" thinks we MUST be in a country, oh that's bad, and those deaths are bad.

Toddler logic.
It was a foolish decision, made for the wrong reasons, to put our diplomats in an unsecured, under-protected facility in Benghazi, & to then leave them there while our allies were pulling their people out. It became a political disaster when the Obama Admin lied about what happened & why.
Nope. They were doing their jobs, just like the Americans killed in Jordan and Afghanistan.

Afghanistan and Jordan are plenty dangerous, and you don't care....you wanted to stay, and let Americans keep dying, and told me this is their job. No difference in these deaths, no matter how you spin it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:33 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:50 am That had nothing to do with what happened in Benghazi. Why were we establishing a mission in Benghazi when all of our allies were pulling their people outta there ? Our Ambassador was there (on 9-11 of all days) to set up a campaign photo op visit for conquering heroine HRC. Then they tried to blame it on a video.
:lol: What happened to "oh these soldiers and diplomats were just doing their jobs"??

When Old Salt thinks we MUST be in a country, dead soldiers are awesome, and just "doing their jobs".

When "anyone else" thinks we MUST be in a country, oh that's bad, and those deaths are bad.

Toddler logic.
It was a foolish decision, made for the wrong reasons, to put our diplomats in an unsecured, under-protected facility in Benghazi, & to then leave them there while our allies were pulling their people out. It became a political disaster when the Obama Admin lied about what happened & why.
Nope. They were doing their jobs, just like the Americans killed in Jordan and Afghanistan.

Afghanistan and Jordan are plenty dangerous, and you don't care....you wanted to stay, and let Americans keep dying, and told me this is their job. No difference in these deaths, no matter how you spin it.
That you can't see the difference in the danger to our armed troops in Afghanistan & Jordan, compared to our undefended diplomats in Benghazi, just demonstrates your blind partisan stupidity. Still more one size fits all toddler logic.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:46 am

Toddler logic.

That you can't see the difference in the danger to our armed troops in Afghanistan & Jordan, compared to our undefended diplomats in Benghazi, just demonstrates your blind partisan stupidity. Still more one size fits all toddler logic.
I sure can tell which place is more dangerous.

How many died in Afghanistan?

Now how many died in Benghazi? Fewer by the thousands, right. Now…what did we learn from this math?

And you’re the one who thinks it makes sense to have the State dept in charge of security overseas, not me. And you’re shocked to find they’re bad at it?

And as usual, you have it backwards. I’m not the one who thinks we MUST be in the Middle East: that’s you and your neo-con pals like Hillary.

Hillary does what you ask—-we MUST be in ME countries like Libya, and you’re on here trying to sell the guy who thinks that we shouldn’t have anyone there that American deaths in Benghazi are “different” than the pointless deaths in “other ME countries “.

Yeah, right.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:48 am

Toddler logic.

Now how many died in Benghazi? Fewer by the thousands, right. Now…what did we learn from this math?

And you’re the one who thinks it makes sense to have the State dept in charge of security overseas, not me. And you’re shocked to find they’re bad at it?

And as usual, you have it backwards. I’m not the one who thinks we MUST be in the Middle East: that’s you and your neo-con pals like Hillary.

Hillary does what you ask—-we MUST be in ME countries like Libya, and you’re on here trying to sell the guy who thinks that we shouldn’t have anyone there that American deaths in Benghazi are “different” than the pointless deaths in “other ME countries “.

Yeah, right.
:lol: ...how many people did we have in Benghazi vs how many did we have in Afghanistan. You're comparing apples to bowling balls.
Just more one size fits all toddler logic. Libya's in N Africa (S of Europe), not the ME, genius. We were there, leading the EUroburgers from behind as they were cleaning up their imperial detritus.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

yup, back to blaming the "EUroburgers".

So much hate.

Move to Russia or Hungary, they know how to deal with folks who are different.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:43 am

Toddler logic.

Yeah, right.
:lol: ...how many people did we have in Benghazi vs how many did we have in Afghanistan. You're comparing apples to bowling balls.
Just more one size fits all toddler logic. Libya's in N Africa (S of Europe), not the ME, genius. We were there, leading the EUroburgers from behind as they were cleaning up their imperial detritus.
Walked right into that….. So we can close down all bases that aren’t in the Midde East RIGHT ?

Nope. You think we need to be there, too.

Except Libya. Not there. Got it. Gee. What a coincidence, OS . Hillary did it wrong.

Didya notice the Brits are back in Libya? Should we go back now ?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:20 am
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:43 am

Toddler logic.

Yeah, right.
Walked right into that….. So we can close down all bases that aren’t in the Midde East RIGHT ?

Nope. You think we need to be there, too.

Except Libya. Not there. Got it. Gee. What a coincidence, OS . Hillary did it wrong.

Didya notice the Brits are back in Libya? Should we go back now ?
You're hallucinating. I never advocated our getting involved in Libya. That was the EU's adventure & still is. HRC & Sam Powers shamed Obama into leading from behind.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Zelensky looks like a kid in a candy shop: https://x.com/JackPosobiec/status/1838251051893338424
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:14 pm Zelensky looks like a kid in a candy shop: https://x.com/JackPosobiec/status/1838251051893338424
From the guy who circulated the Pizzagate hoax and is also a white supremacist, antisemite and conspiracy theorist - a male Laura Loomer.

Why should anyone believe ANYTHING this guy says?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:33 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:14 pm Zelensky looks like a kid in a candy shop: https://x.com/JackPosobiec/status/1838251051893338424
From the guy who circulated the Pizzagate hoax and is also a white supremacist, antisemite and conspiracy theorist - a male Laura Loomer.

Give ‘em hell Ukraine!!
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:33 pm

I did not know you were blind and could not see images....sorry.

Here....you can have the internet help you read more stories on it, while it Trends on "X". https://www.google.com/search?q=zelensk ... e&ie=UTF-8

Also, from some ex-comedian across the pond: https://x.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1838100426631053786
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

If Trump wins, or the (R)'s control either house of Congress, Zelensky is going to regret his partisan political grandstanding on this trip.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4895 ... o-radical/

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4897 ... criticize/

https://www.newyorker.com/news/the-new- ... es-victory
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

OCanada wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 3:02 pm

He mentions Benghazi but does not mention that the GOP cut the protection. budget by a lotand ss a result the mission was underfunded st the time but that never gets mentioned. By the was the SS budget has also been underfunded. Thx GOP. should take a bow.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters. Benghazi had nothing to do with a lack of funding. Benghazi occured because of a lack of intelligence. The folks at DoS were worried about the optics of what an increase in security personnel would look like. It didn't matter how many times the ambassador requested more security, it just wouldn't have looked good. You can't tell the world there is no security issue in Libya and then increase security at your embassys. Even the media folks aren't stupid enough to fall for that bullchit.
Lolololol. Thete is mo doubt errors were made at the departmental level. I think 4 people left either fired or resigned. Regardless your attempt to disassociate the GOP is laughable. As wss the attempt to blame Clinton wbi h i recall you were supporting. Read the reports.

The SS has been under funded for at least a decade. The GOP at work again. You have zero credibility
No doubt there were errors made is the understatement of the year. Ignoring repeated requests for additional security isn't simply an error in judgement. It is the sign of incompetent morons in charge. Those are probably the same factors that infected the Secret Service and allowed trump to almost get his brains blown out. I don't know what you do for a living. I hope like hell it has nothing to do with security.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:02 am If Trump wins, or the (R)'s control either house of Congress, Zelensky is going to regret his partisan political grandstanding on this trip.

Serious question, why?

Trump and R's have been going on and on for years that they wanna cut off the funds and weapons and let Russia win completely or keep whatever gains they've made. We know there's a lot of Russian money that's flowed their way, and Russian operatives that have had a lot of access and influence to the party and lobbying orgs like the NRA.

He gains nothing to bow the knee to them.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 9:16 am
old salt wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 5:02 am If Trump wins, or the (R)'s control either house of Congress, Zelensky is going to regret his partisan political grandstanding on this trip.

Serious question, why?

Trump and R's have been going on and on for years that they wanna cut off the funds and weapons and let Russia win completely or keep whatever gains they've made. We know there's a lot of Russian money that's flowed their way, and Russian operatives that have had a lot of access and influence to the party and lobbying orgs like the NRA.

He gains nothing to bow the knee to them.
Agreed; he’s dealt with Trump directly and been screwed already by him. And he knows that Trump would concede all of Ukraine if that’s what Putin wants( and, of course, he knows that is what Putin wants).

That said, most of the elected GOP had supported Ukraine in its fight to repel Russia, but it’s unfortunately clear that a growing bulk feels compelled to follow whatever Der Leader commands. And they too know what Der Leader will do.

MAGA nativist, isolationist ideology is in full control of the GOP now…I agree that Russian money and political support is a big factor too.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 6:18 am
OCanada wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 3:02 pm

No doubt there were errors made is the understatement of the year. Ignoring repeated requests for additional security isn't simply an error in judgement. It is the sign of incompetent morons in charge. Those are probably the same factors that infected the Secret Service and allowed trump to almost get his brains blown out. I don't know what you do for a living. I hope like hell it has nothing to do with security.
And probably related to the incompetence (or worse) of the sudden wiping of communication records following Jan 6. Remember, Trump promoted loyalists directly from SS into his WH. Something was clearly amiss.

I don’t think the blame for slippage in standards for leadership are partisan, though. Rather, chronic underfunding and a general lack of oversight has led to slippage in culture. Not that most line SS are not still dedicated and prepared to be heroic, rather the challenge of underfunding leads to making allowances for those who are less so.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:07 am And probably related to the incompetence (or worse) of the sudden wiping of communication records following Jan 6. Remember, Trump promoted loyalists directly from SS into his WH. Something was clearly amiss.
And those SS in the WH all clammed up on all of the January 6 inquiries and the Fatso-appointed director managed to avoid the directive to retain all the texts and other communications
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:17 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2024 10:07 am And probably related to the incompetence (or worse) of the sudden wiping of communication records following Jan 6. Remember, Trump promoted loyalists directly from SS into his WH. Something was clearly amiss.
And those SS in the WH all clammed up on all of the January 6 inquiries and the Fatso-appointed director managed to avoid the directive to retain all the texts and other communications
At least the secret service is consistent. Were any of the secret service agents interrogated by the FBI? National security issues probably made that an impossibility. Maybe the secret service is more concerned with training agents how to find the holster for their weapon in a time of crisis? :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”