The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: 2024

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:15 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:22 pm You have no clue what the consequences would have been (& will be) if our small residual force were not there.
And not only do you want to ignore how many soldiers have died or been wounded in the Gulf War, the Iraq War, the Afghan War, and all the countless ME wars that don't have a name that we've been fighting for decades, and pretend they didn't happen. And then there's all the PTSD suicides that "don't count" in your book.

Alllllll because military guys like you thought it was better to have dead Americans, instead of either paying a few more nickels at the gas pump because you were convinced we HAD to mess around in the ME. Or because you think that tens of thousand of American casualties will stop terrorism, same as BibI thinks.

Every death and casualty in the ME, that started way back in 1953 is because of you and your way of thinking.

So don't come on here and tell me "you have no idea"....when I have told you REPEATEDLY to get us the F out. YOU WANT TO STAY, because you think you're smart, and have no interest in evaluating these choices, and FINALLY changing course. You want full steam ahead, and don't ever want to look at the outcome.

So for example, the REASON you think we need to stay in Afghanistan didn't fall from the sky. It's because all those years ago, guys like you thought it was swell to arm and train and bankroll religious nuts in Afghanistan. And shocker of all shockers, we're still dealing with this idiotic choice 50 years later. Awesome. And you think training and arming MORE religious nutjobs will fix it. Real smart.

You'll NEVER learn. You'll NEVER stop doing this. We'd have military bases in every country if we let you. Well, except Ukraine, naturally, because you want Putin to "win".
Total up all our casualties since 9-11-01 & compare them to our losses in Vietnam.
Since 9-11, we've had 4 CinC's, 2 from each party, funded & supported by both parties in both Houses of Congress.

Now you're whining that we don't have bases in Ukraine. Poland's President offered to name our base there Fort Trump.
That should be close enough.

I get that you hate our oil dependent American way of life & economy.
So move to your EUroparadise, ride the trains, heat with coal, & complain about the US.

Unless you're willing to abandon Israel & our Arab allies to Iranian regional hegemony, stop your whining.
Unless you are willing to see Israel cease to exist & give Iran control of all ME oil, we have to maintain a military presence in the ME.
Even Biden gets that, & so does Trump.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:22 pm You have no clue what the consequences would have been (& will be) if our small residual force were not there.
And not only do you want to ignore how many soldiers have died or been wounded in the Gulf War, the Iraq War, the Afghan War, and all the countless ME wars that don't have a name that we've been fighting for decades, and pretend they didn't happen. And then there's all the PTSD suicides that "don't count" in your book.

Alllllll because military guys like you thought it was better to have dead Americans, instead of either paying a few more nickels at the gas pump because you were convinced we HAD to mess around in the ME. Or because you think that tens of thousand of American casualties will stop terrorism, same as BibI thinks.

Every death and casualty in the ME, that started way back in 1953 is because of you and your way of thinking.

So don't come on here and tell me "you have no idea"....when I have told you REPEATEDLY to get us the F out. YOU WANT TO STAY, because you think you're smart, and have no interest in evaluating these choices, and FINALLY changing course. You want full steam ahead, and don't ever want to look at the outcome.

So for example, the REASON you think we need to stay in Afghanistan didn't fall from the sky. It's because all those years ago, guys like you thought it was swell to arm and train and bankroll religious nuts in Afghanistan. And shocker of all shockers, we're still dealing with this idiotic choice 50 years later. Awesome. And you think training and arming MORE religious nutjobs will fix it. Real smart.

You'll NEVER learn. You'll NEVER stop doing this. We'd have military bases in every country if we let you. Well, except Ukraine, naturally, because you want Putin to "win".
I remember the old a Fan who was such a huge advocate of " you break it you buy it " You and Kamala have something in common. Your values haven't changed but your policies sure have. We broke Afghanistan my man. You no longer believe in your own philosophy that we needed to help to fix it. When did this epiphany on your part occur? FTR I was also in favor of pulling our people out. The methodology employed by Biden resembled the panic in Saigon circa 1975... :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

From his “Town Hall” yesterday in Michigan:

“I don't think I've ever said this before. So we do these rallies. They're massive rallies. Everybody loves, everybody stays till the end. By the way, you know, when she said that, well, your rallies people leave. Honestly, nobody does. And if I saw them leaving, I'd say, and ladies and gentlemen make America great again and I'd get the hell out, ok? Because I don't want people leaving. But I do have to say so I give these long sometimes very complex sentences and paragraphs but they all come together. I do it a lot. I do it with raising cane. That story. I do it with the story on the catapults on the aircraft carriers. I do it with a lot of different stories. When I mentioned Doctor Hannibal Lecter. I'm using that as an example of people that are coming in from Silence of the Lambs. I use it. They say it's terrible. So they say so I'll give this long complex area for instance that I talked about a lot of different territory… You know, for a town hall, there's a lot of people but the fake news likes to say, the fake news likes to say, oh, he was rambling. No, no, that's not rambling. That's genius. When you can connect the dots. Now, now, Sarah, if you couldn't connect the dots, you got a problem. But every dot was connected and many stories were told in that little paragraph.”

But, his policies? The GOP candidate is just a senile old moron.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:36 am

I remember the old a Fan who was such a huge advocate of " you break it you buy it " You and Kamala have something in common. Your values haven't changed but your policies sure have. We broke Afghanistan my man. You no longer believe in your own philosophy that we needed to help to fix it. When did this epiphany on your part occur? FTR I was also in favor of pulling our people out. The methodology employed by Biden resembled the panic in Saigon circa 1975... :roll:
In my conversations with afan over the past days, it became clear to me that he cares so much, and realizes very little that we do abroad ever really seems to work out, and our reason for being there ultimately is/was futile. I think the 20 year GWOT has proven we need a GD break from war(s) and bullets....it has cost us far too much in money, lives, and collateral damage.

Then the flip side, If we no longer provide a (military) presence strategically and globally, as hot spots ramp up and down, we are at a significant disadvantage and risk no longer being the strength support system that sturdies up those in need...Ukraine, AFRICOM, Taiwan, etc.

Add in that same breath, we have had 30+ years to fix a border and we have to argue about it each and every day, it's asinine and shows complete incompetency by our govt. We can't seem to do much right, other than spend money to not fix anything.

When you try and square those two points about our military, you are left something similar like the Trolley Hypothetical:

"Suppose you are the driver of a trolley. The trolley rounds a bend, and there come into view ahead five track workmen, who have been repairing the track. The track goes through a bit of a valley at that point, and the sides are steep, so you must stop the trolley if you are to avoid running the five men down. You step on the brakes, but alas they don't work. Now you suddenly see a spur of track leading off to the right. You can turn the trolley onto it, and thus save the five men on the straight track ahead. Unfortunately,...there is one track workman on that spur of track. He can no more get off the track in time than the five can, so you will kill him if you turn the trolley onto him"

It is a moral and ethical quandary:

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:20 am

In my conversations with afan over the past days, it became clear to me that he cares so much, and realizes very little that we do abroad ever really seems to work out, and our reason for being there ultimately is/was futile. I think the 20 year GWOT has proven we need a GD break from war(s) and bullets....it has cost us far too much in money, lives, and collateral damage.

Then the flip side, If we no longer provide a (military) presence strategically and globally, as hot spots ramp up and down, we are at a significant disadvantage and risk no longer being the strength support system that sturdies up those in need...Ukraine, AFRICOM, Taiwan, etc.

Add in that same breath, we have had 30+ years to fix a border and we have to argue about it each and every day, it's asinine and shows complete incompetency by our govt. We can't seem to do much right, other than spend money to not fix anything.

When you try and square those two points about our military, you are left something similar like the Trolley Hypothetical:

"Suppose you are the driver of a trolley. The trolley rounds a bend, and there come into view ahead five track workmen, who have been repairing the track. The track goes through a bit of a valley at that point, and the sides are steep, so you must stop the trolley if you are to avoid running the five men down. You step on the brakes, but alas they don't work. Now you suddenly see a spur of track leading off to the right. You can turn the trolley onto it, and thus save the five men on the straight track ahead. Unfortunately,...there is one track workman on that spur of track. He can no more get off the track in time than the five can, so you will kill him if you turn the trolley onto him"

Excellent citation and POV YA - thx for sharing it. Something to think about for sure :)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:06 am From his “Town Hall” yesterday in Michigan:

“I don't think I've ever said this before. So we do these rallies. They're massive rallies. Everybody loves, everybody stays till the end. By the way, you know, when she said that, well, your rallies people leave. Honestly, nobody does. And if I saw them leaving, I'd say, and ladies and gentlemen make America great again and I'd get the hell out, ok? Because I don't want people leaving. But I do have to say so I give these long sometimes very complex sentences and paragraphs but they all come together. I do it a lot. I do it with raising cane. That story. I do it with the story on the catapults on the aircraft carriers. I do it with a lot of different stories. When I mentioned Doctor Hannibal Lecter. I'm using that as an example of people that are coming in from Silence of the Lambs. I use it. They say it's terrible. So they say so I'll give this long complex area for instance that I talked about a lot of different territory… You know, for a town hall, there's a lot of people but the fake news likes to say, the fake news likes to say, oh, he was rambling. No, no, that's not rambling. That's genius. When you can connect the dots. Now, now, Sarah, if you couldn't connect the dots, you got a problem. But every dot was connected and many stories were told in that little paragraph.”

Imagine that...trump and Biden both have that in common. They are both senile old morons. A few months ago the Democrats were 100% behind their senile old moron. That was until they were forced to admit their guy was what they knew all along...a senile old moron. :D

So now our options are a senile old moron or a FLP radical liberal who is pretending to be a moderate middle of the road candidate. Her values haven't changed but her policies have. :D

What can be unburdened by what has been... :roll:
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:23 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:06 am From his “Town Hall” yesterday in Michigan:

Imagine that...trump and Biden both have that in common. They are both senile old morons. A few months ago the Democrats were 100% behind their senile old moron. That was until they were forced to admit their guy was what they knew all along...a senile old moron. :D

So now our options are a senile old moron or a FLP radical liberal who is pretending to be a moderate middle of the road candidate. Her values haven't changed but her policies have. :D

Find me a quote from President Biden anything like this. I’ll wait. Painting Harris as FLP? How exactly? She’s pretty much standard issue left/center Democrat.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:20 am

+1...as a Fan is famous for having said...you break it you buy it. We broke Iraq and Afghanistan about as much as they probably could be broken. At this point in time the majority opinion is to now just fade away and pretend none of these wars ever happened. Whatever were we fighting for in the first place?
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:26 am

Find me a quote from President Biden anything like this. I’ll wait. Painting Harris as FLP? How exactly? She’s pretty much standard issue left/center Democrat.
The psycho babble quotes from old Joe would be too numerous to mention. Kamala stating she is now for smaller and less intrusive government is at joke a face value. Kamala is a leopard counselor and a leopard can't change its spots. If you think she is actually in favor of less intrusive and restrictive government your out of your mind. So by less intrusive government she no longer wants to tell me what kind of car I must buy? What kind of oven for my house? What kind of furnace to heat my house? What kind of dryer for my laundry? Maybe you can enlighten me what she means by wanting a smaller and less intrusive government? She must not have gotten the memo that government is getting larger and ever more intrusive every damn day. :D
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:47 am The psycho babble quotes from old Joe would be too numerous to mention.
If there are so many then indulge us with one. :oops: :oops:

We'll wait. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe try Bob Ross paining by the numbers to keep yourself busy ;)
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 8:47 am

The psycho babble quotes from old Joe would be too numerous to mention. Kamala stating she is now for smaller and less intrusive government is at joke a face value. Kamala is a leopard counselor and a leopard can't change its spots. If you think she is actually in favor of less intrusive and restrictive government your out of your mind. So by less intrusive government she no longer wants to tell me what kind of car I must buy? What kind of oven for my house? What kind of furnace to heat my house? What kind of dryer for my laundry? Maybe you can enlighten me what she means by wanting a smaller and less intrusive government? She must not have gotten the memo that government is getting larger and ever more intrusive every damn day. :D
So, nothing so far. I’ll check back later in the day.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Orange Fatso at his town hall last night on energy policy: We have Bagram in Alaska. They say it might be bigger than Saudi Arabia. I got it approved.

Who is going to tell him that Bagram was an airbase in Afghanistan. :oops: You know, the location of the 5,000 terrorist prisoners he released for nothing as part of his stupid-azzed idea to withdraw along with inviting the "Abdul" and Taliban to meet at Camp David on September 11.

He also praised former Democratic WA senator - you know Henry SNOOP Jackson. FYI its SCOOP.

Numbnutz :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:08 am

No need to bother counselor, my opinion will be the same. I believe Kamala is who she has always been and not who she now pretends to be. If your living hand to mouth like so many middle class American families are ask yourself this...is there any politician that could actually do anything to help middle class Americans? NYSEG just announced their rate increase for their upstate customers. Natural gas and electricity prices will both increase by on average 20 dollars each a month. No worries though, help for struggling middle class families is waiting right around the corner. :roll:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:17 am Orange Fatso at his town hall last night on energy policy: We have Bagram in Alaska. They say it might be bigger than Saudi Arabia. I got it approved.

Who is going to tell him that Bagram was an airbase in Afghanistan. :oops: You know, the location of the 5,000 terrorist prisoners he released for nothing as part of his stupid-azzed idea to withdraw along with inviting the "Abdul" and Taliban to meet at Camp David on September 11.

Numbnutz :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Almost as stupid as Bidens half assed withdrawal strategy. What are you griping about, all of those bad actors were destined to be freed anyway. What difference was one year supposed to make? The Taliban is free and clear to run Afghanistan any way they choose now. I wonder if there will be protests on elite universities this year to protest the lack of human rights and the enslavement of women in Afghanistan? :roll:
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:20 am

No need to bother counselor, my opinion will be the same. I believe Kamala is who she has always been and not who she now pretends to be. If your living hand to mouth like so many middle class American families are ask yourself this...is there any politician that could actually do anything to help middle class Americans? NYSEG just announced their rate increase for their upstate customers. Natural gas and electricity prices will both increase by on average 20 dollars each a month. No worries though, help for struggling middle class families is waiting right around the corner. :roll:
We're still waiting for the ONE quote as an example........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We already know your opinion so no need to repeat it already as a diversion to mask your apparent inability to provide what was asked. .
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:36 am

We're still waiting for the ONE quote as an example........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We already know your opinion so no need to repeat it already as a diversion to mask your apparent inability to provide what was asked. .
Too many to choose from, you don't really need my help so you? 8-)
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:15 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:36 am

Too many to choose from, you don't really need my help so you? 8-)
Yes I do. Please give us one. That is, if you even have one.
Like Seacoaster, I'll wait.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Still with nothing. Gotcha. I'll check back in a while.

Meanwhile: The Vance campaign provided the Wall Street Journal with a police report to prove their claims about cat-eating Haitians in Springfield. The WSJ then spoke to the woman who filed it, who said she later found her cat alive and well in her basement. She also apologized to her Haitian neighbors.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 10:47 am

Still with nothing. Gotcha. I'll check back in a while.

Meanwhile: The Vance campaign provided the Wall Street Journal with a police report to prove their claims about cat-eating Haitians in Springfield. The WSJ then spoke to the woman who filed it, who said she later found her cat alive and well in her basement. She also apologized to her Haitian neighbors.
Your playing a stupid game counselor. You can keep checking back only to be disappointed. ;)
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”