The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88a

Re: 2024

Post by CU88a »

But his policies...
a fan

Post by a fan »

CU88a wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 12:59 pm
But his policies...
Republicans don't care. OS doesn't care. They think Trump was nominated and elected by aliens, and that they and their party had nothing to do with it.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

But his policies...
Old Salt, Youth, Cradle, Kram, Petey and people like them don’t care. In fact, they sometimes cheer for it…..JD just having a normal dinner table talk with family
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:11 pm
But his policies...
Republicans don't care. OS doesn't care. They think Trump was nominated and elected by aliens, and that they and their party had nothing to do with it.
It’s the Dem’s fault that Trump is the Republican nominee for the third time
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:19 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:11 pm
But his policies...
It’s the Dem’s fault that Trump is the Republican nominee for the third time
Hey, it's been a few weeks since right wing media outlets blamed the Dems for Trump getting nominated for a third time! We're overdue!
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

2xIMPOTUS o d is such a disgrace

MASH-UP: Trump’s al-Baghdadi Speech & Obama’s Bin Laden Speech
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBOWSjOLsE

How can anyone vote for this idiot?
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

CU88a wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:49 pm 2xIMPOTUS o d is such a disgrace

Simple. No taxes on your multi-generational wealth...is worth giving up the Republic and any sense of world leadership and the rules based order.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:33 pm

Simple. No taxes on your multi-generational wealth...is worth giving up the Republic and any sense of world leadership and the rules based order.
I'm willing to start with ending income taxes on social security. That is called single generational mostly poor.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:57 pm

I'm willing to start with ending income taxes on social security. That is called single generational mostly poor.
That gem was from Reagan...anything to avoid taxing his rich buddies.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Nice to know you have a price for the Republic.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:34 am
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:13 am How many of our remaining residual force in Syria have been "picked off" ?
Like you notice. Or care.
the answer is zero, not that you care.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:59 pm

I'm referring to my personal social security check.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:55 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:13 am How many of our remaining residual force in Syria have been "picked off" ?
Right. And you get to not count those who already died in Syria, and tell us when the “residual” part started.

And not count those who were hit FROM Syria, and are instead in Jordan, because you think that’s cute, and doesn’t count or matter.

And you think the casualties and deaths will be zero for all time. Why? Because you think it makes sense to stay there “therefore”, nothing bad will happen. And if it does ? Stfu, and don’t complain about the stupidity of having them there. Well, unless you can find a way to blame a Dem, right?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:15 pm
Right. And you get to not count those who already died in Syria, and tell us when the “residual” part started.

And not count those who were hit FROM Syria, and are instead in Jordan, because you think that’s cute, and doesn’t count or matter.

And you think the casualties and deaths will be zero for all time. Why? Because you think it makes sense to stay there “therefore”, nothing bad will happen. And if it does ? Stfu, and don’t complain about the stupidity of having them there. Well, unless you can find a way to blame a Dem, right?
You have no clue what the consequences would have been (& will be) if our small residual force were not there.
Nor do you care, when you celebrate our triumphant Afghan airlift, with our allies falling from the sky.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:22 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:15 pm

You have no clue what the consequences would have been (& will be) if our small residual force were not there.
Nor do you care, when you celebrate our triumphant Afghan airlift, with our allies falling from the sky.
Who cares what you personally think about anything trollboy - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:09 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:59 pm

I'm referring to my personal social security check.
I know. Reagan was the one who started taxing it, my man. It wasn't until he showed up.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The average SS annual income is $22k per year. If your only income is SS at that level, your effective federal tax rate is negative 9.5%. Meaning you pay zero and actually get money from the govt.

All these ideas about not taxing overtime, tips, SS are completely and moronically stupid.

If a hedge funder makes $10+ million, then he should pay taxes on all his income, including SS.

If a waitress makes $15k in tips, she ain't paying much/any federal income taxes. But why should the cook in the back of that same restaurant have to pay taxes on his $15k of salary? That makes no forking sense.

The only and obvious way to do it is to not tax low incomes (however derived) much or at all. Which already exists for the most part. 47% according to Mitt.

Duh.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:22 pm You have no clue what the consequences would have been (& will be) if our small residual force were not there.
And not only do you want to ignore how many soldiers have died or been wounded in the Gulf War, the Iraq War, the Afghan War, and all the countless ME wars that don't have a name that we've been fighting for decades, and pretend they didn't happen. And then there's all the PTSD suicides that "don't count" in your book.

Alllllll because military guys like you thought it was better to have dead Americans, instead of either paying a few more nickels at the gas pump because you were convinced we HAD to mess around in the ME. Or because you think that tens of thousand of American casualties will stop terrorism, same as BibI thinks.

Every death and casualty in the ME, that started way back in 1953 is because of you and your way of thinking.

So don't come on here and tell me "you have no idea"....when I have told you REPEATEDLY to get us the F out. YOU WANT TO STAY, because you think you're smart, and have no interest in evaluating these choices, and FINALLY changing course. You want full steam ahead, and don't ever want to look at the outcome.

So for example, the REASON you think we need to stay in Afghanistan didn't fall from the sky. It's because all those years ago, guys like you thought it was swell to arm and train and bankroll religious nuts in Afghanistan. And shocker of all shockers, we're still dealing with this idiotic choice 50 years later. Awesome. And you think training and arming MORE religious nutjobs will fix it. Real smart.

You'll NEVER learn. You'll NEVER stop doing this. We'd have military bases in every country if we let you. Well, except Ukraine, naturally, because you want Putin to "win".
ggait

Post by ggait »

Post by ggait » Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:16 pm

Harris getting some pretty meh polls in PA. Tied or just ahead by 1 point.

Given that Trump over-performed his polls in 2016 and 2020, that isn't very solid for Harris.

Down to 42% win probability in Silver's model. Because PA is that important. Because Harris' convention bounce is meh. And because RFK Jr. dropping out seems to be helping Trump a bit more than expected.

538 says 55%; Race to WH says 48%; Economist says 50%; Decision Desk HQ says 56%. All trending sideways or down for Harris.

Harris needs a pretty solid W in the debate imo.
Silver, who is bearish on Harris, has moved her up from a win probability of 38% back up to 50%. 538 (the most bullish forecast) has Harris at 61% win probability.

That's post Labor Day, post conventions, and post first (and likely only) debate. So game now fully on.

PA still is very worrisome to me.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Do the folks who claim to like policies not care if the polices are actually enacted which requires competency, honesty and execution. None of which Trump or anyone in his circle has ever demonstrated to be core competencies. (The reason I chant be a Dem they don’t care enough about execution and outcome of theories just want to try to affect change and don’t care enough about conclusions, especially about the vast consequential externalities created)

Ergo liking policy simply isn’t ever enough to support a candidate and specious and ineffective argument no matter how many times it’s stated. It’s just not true that one cares if the don’t care about the ability to execute. The entirety of the actor representing those policies is inextricable from the policy and it’s all bs to think that’s a hill for one to defend themselves on.

Facts.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”