All Things Russia & Ukraine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: All Things Russia & Ukraine

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:43 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:31 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 5:43 pm The WIki references the DoD.
Yeah, that's ONE chart. Here ya go. It was 10 dead, four "in action", as if the other deaths "don't count" as action. Ready to take a knee yet?

KABUL, Afghanistan — Ten American service members died in Afghanistan in 2020, including four who were killed in action, making for the lowest number of U.S. combat deaths in the country in a calendar year since the war began in October 2001.

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/middle ... 0-1.656849
All the chart already showed 4 in 2020, it was Zero for the year prior to Abbey Gate. I suppose you are already on your knees?, considering you said 12/yr. 😉
Dude. What part of 10 dead in 2020 do you not want to hear? Is stars and stripes lying, or did 10 servicemen die over there in 2020?
Last edited by a fan on Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:41 pm Never said Trump did GWOT right…false equivalency.
Buffalo bagels. Yes, you did. Because if you're now telling us Trump did it wrong? Enough with this nonsense, far fewer died on Biden's watch, and you're asking Biden to be perfect. Just stop.

And there is NO WAY that you're not smart enough to understand that if Biden took his time, as you military geniuses are insisting...and a result, got hit by an ambush of whatever, and lose 30 or more? You parrots would be on here, telling us "Biden didn't get out fast enough", just like FoxNation wants.

When do you wake up to this game, you were smart enough to leave your toxic party? You're being PLAYED, where no matter what Biden does, it's wrong.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:46 pm
Total Fatalities: for the year (12 months) prior to August 21', only 1 soldier was killed, 4 in the prior 17 months.
Killed in Action: Zero KIA in the 17 months prior to Abbey Gate, 9 in the two years prior to Abbey Gate.

One is too many, I think we can agree on that.

OS's plan, actually makes more sense, when you understand the 17 months prior, there were Zero Fatalities. Abbey Gate was the most KIA since 2011-JUNE, which was 14.
Yeah, there weren't many casualties in the ~17 months prior because they knew we were leaving, AS I SAID BEFORE. It's like you an C&S are being deliberately obtuse.

DOHA Agreement: February 2020
Abbey Gate: August 2021

I wonder how long that was between the Doha agreement and Abbey Gate? Would you look at that, about 17-18 months between them. Weird.

What was in the Doha Joint Declaration between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the United States of America
for Bringing Peace to Afghanistan
?

"4) a permanent and comprehensive ceasefire"

jfc. You people boggle the mind sometimes.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:33 pm
Total Fatalities: for the year (12 months) prior to August 21', only 1 soldier was killed, 4 in the prior 17 months.
Killed in Action: Zero KIA in the 17 months prior to Abbey Gate, 9 in the two years prior to Abbey Gate.

OS's plan, actually makes more sense, when you understand the 17 months prior, there were Zero Fatalities. Abbey Gate was the most KIA since 2011-JUNE, which was 14.
Yeah, there weren't many casualties in the ~17 months prior because they knew we were leaving, AS I SAID BEFORE. It's like you an C&S are being deliberately obtuse.

I wonder how long that was between the Doha agreement and Abbey Gate? Would you look at that, about 17-18 months between them. Weird.

What was in the Doha Joint Declaration between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan and the United States of America
?

You do realize for a lot of Americans, keeping your word is not something they view as meaningful.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:04 pm

?

You do realize for a lot of Americans, keeping your word is not something they view as meaningful.
We knew the Taliban and others wouldn't keep their word the second we were out of the country.

But it was obvious they didn't wanna risk retaliation or a change in the agreement by attacking. They got an absolute sweetheart deal from the worst negotiating president we've had in god knows how long.
Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:04 pm

?

We knew the Taliban and others wouldn't keep their word the second we were out of the country.

But it was obvious they didn't wanna risk retaliation or a change in the agreement by attacking. They got an absolute sweetheart deal from the worst negotiating president we've had in god knows how long.
Exactly. Such a great deal that they actually honored it. I am waiting on someone to explain to me how Trump won the negotiations with the Taliban.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:00 pm
Yeah, that's ONE chart. Here ya go. It was 10 dead, four "in action", as if the other deaths "don't count" as action. Ready to take a knee yet?

KABUL, Afghanistan — Ten American service members died in Afghanistan in 2020, including four who were killed in action, making for the lowest number of U.S. combat deaths in the country in a calendar year since the war began in October 2001.

All the chart already showed 4 in 2020, it was Zero for the year prior to Abbey Gate. I suppose you are already on your knees?, considering you said 12/yr. 😉
Dude. What part of 10 dead in 2020 do you not want to hear? Is stars and stripes lying, or did 10 servicemen die over there in 2020?
afan counts deaths in vehicle accidents, plane crashes, & suicides as deaths by hostile action. He lives in a bubble.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-afgh ... act-check/
While Department of Defense data shows there was an 18-month stretch in which no U.S. service members were killed in combat in Afghanistan, Trump was not in office for all of this time.
...there was a roughly 18-month stretch from March 2020 to late August 2021 during which no U.S. service members died in Afghanistan.

FTR -- here is what I posted.
Bogus dishonest math. There were no US losses in the 18 mos prior to the pullout fiasco.
I made no mention of Trump. I was commenting on our combat losses in the time immediately preceding our pull out.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:53 am

afan counts deaths in vehicle accidents, plane crashes, & suicides as deaths by hostile action. He lives in a bubble.

While Department of Defense data shows there was an 18-month stretch in which no U.S. service members were killed in combat in Afghanistan, Trump was not in office for all of this time.
...there was a roughly 18-month stretch from March 2020 to late August 2021 during which no U.S. service members died in Afghanistan.

Bogus dishonest math. There were no US losses in the 18 mos prior to the pullout fiasco.
I made no mention of Trump. I was commenting on our combat losses in the time immediately preceding our pull out.
Benghazi
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Same.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
NattyBohChamps04

Do OS, C&S and YO think the ceasefire and low casualty #s would have continued if we left a force there in perpetuity?
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

2xIMPOTUS o d

Lied

"When I left office, we had not lost a single service member in combat in Afghanistan in more than 18 months," Trump said at a rally in North Carolina on Aug. 21.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:23 am Do OS, C&S and YO think the ceasefire and low casualty #s would have continued if we left a force there in perpetuity?
Is this Dana Bash?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

CU88a wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:48 am 2xIMPOTUS o d

Lied

"When I left office, we had not lost a single service member in combat in Afghanistan in more than 18 months," Trump said at a rally in North Carolina on Aug. 21.
Correct, that would not be a truthful statement.

But there was 18 months without a combat death prior Aug/2021....a hope afan knows the number is not 12/year now. ;)

Since it was Zero for 18 months of (12 months)Trump and (8 months) Biden.
~Livy

a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 11:36 am

Lied

But there was 18 months without a combat death prior Aug/2021....a hope afan knows the number is not 12/year now. ;)

Do you give a rat's *ss how they died? Be the parents and families of the fallen don't. There were 10 deaths, and those deaths cannot happen if they aren't there, my man.

You're being played, and you know it. If they did as you asked, took their sweet time, and as a result, there were casualties? You and OS would be on here whining about how "Biden took too long to evacuate! Why does it take a freaking year to get a piddly 2,000 troops out??"....you know it, and everyone here knows it.

My point is made, and you can't refute it, because both your and OS's plan for leaving is (drumroll): not to leave. It's just about the dumbest thing you guys have whined about on this forum, and I'm really tired of you both saying the EXACT same thing FoxNation says. At some point, you two need to form your own opinions, and run counter to what Fox tells you to think. You're both too smart to keep thinking what they tell you to think.

No matter what Biden did, Fox was going to say it was wrong. At some point, you have to wake up to this game they play.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:05 pm

Lied

Do you give a rat's *ss how they died? Be the parents and families of the fallen don't. There were 10 deaths, and those deaths cannot happen if they aren't there, my man.

You're being played, and you know it. If they did as you asked, took their sweet time, and as a result, there were casualties? You and OS would be on here whining about how "Biden took too long to evacuate! Why does it take a freaking year to get a piddly 2,000 troops out??"....you know it, and everyone here knows it.

My point is made, and you can't refute it, because both your and OS's plan for leaving is (drumroll): not to leave. It's just about the dumbest thing you guys have whined about on this forum, and I'm really tired of you both saying the EXACT same thing FoxNation says. At some point, you two need to form your own opinions, and run counter to what Fox tells you to think. You're both too smart to keep thinking what they tell you to think.

No matter what Biden did, Fox was going to say it was wrong. At some point, you have to wake up to this game they play.
Not only not leave we would have had to send troops back in to fight….the deaths at Benghazi don’t count.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:14 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:05 pm

Lied

Not only not leave we would have had to send troops back in to fight….the deaths at Benghazi don’t count.
Oh, "that's different", TLD. Isn't this a cute game they're playing? Deaths only count when a D is in the White House.

For a very long time, partisanship ended at the US border. Now? Nothing is beneath this crew. It's just LOVELY to see.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:53 am afan counts deaths in vehicle accidents, plane crashes, & suicides as deaths by hostile action. He lives in a bubble.
Are they dead because they're over there serving their country, or not? Who the F cares how?

I can assure you that those of us who don't have your petty love for the letter R know that those 10 died in service of their country in 2020, but I think it's AWESOME that you are on here again, denigrating the work our soldiers do. Nothing is more important to you than telling us Biden is bad, and the R's are amazeballs.
old salt wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:53 am I made no mention of Trump. I was commenting on our combat losses in the time immediately preceding our pull out.
Oh totally. it was a "coincidence" that you used Trump's exact lie of "18 months". He was lying, and you're here trying to sell the lie that it "doesn't count" when 10 soldiers die in a war zone in 2020 if it's not from enemy fire.

Keep showing the forum that politics mean more to you than US soldiers now that you're retired. It's AWESOME, and a sooper-great look for you.

Post away. Dazzle us with your BS. Biden is bad, and if he just followed you brilliant "plan" we'd only have another 30 or so new pine boxes sent back to the US from 2021-2024....and A Fan is an idiot to care about those deaths because it's not my family getting killed, so who cares, right?

10 soldiers are never coming home again, and you think it's cute to tell us that it didn't happen because they died in a plane crash instead of from a bullet or an IED? GTFO of here with this Republican nonsense.
Last edited by a fan on Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:50 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:53 am afan counts deaths in vehicle accidents, plane crashes, & suicides as deaths by hostile action. He lives in a bubble.
Are they dead because they're over there serving their country, or not? Who the F cares how?

I can assure you that those of us who don't have your petty love for the letter R know that those 10 died in service of their country in 2020, but I think it's AWESOME that you are on here again, denigrating the work our soldiers do. Nothing is more important to you than telling us Biden is bad, and the R's are amazeballs.
old salt wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 6:53 am I made no mention of Trump. I was commenting on our combat losses in the time immediately preceding our pull out.
Oh totally. it was a "coincidence" that you used Trump's exact lie of "18 months". He was lying, and you're here trying to sell the lie that it "doesn't count" when 10 soldiers die in a war zone in 2020 if it's not from enemy fire.

Keep showing the forum that politics mean more to you than US soldiers now that you're retired. It's AWESOME, and a sooper-great look for you.

Post away. Dazzle us with your BS. Biden is bad, and if he just followed you brilliant "plan" we'd only have another 30 or so new pine boxes sent back to the US from 2021-2024....and A Fan is an idiot to care about those deaths because it's not my family getting killed, so who cares, right?

10 soldiers are never coming home again, and you think it's cute to tell us that it didn't happen because the died in a plane crash instead of from a bullet or an IED? GTFO of here with this Republican nonsense.
Kamala was grilled on her “active combat” language and now we have Old Salt and his subordinate parsing their language in a similar fashion….Remember Benghazi!
“I wish you would!”
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Do these deaths "earn" the right for burial at Arlington National Cemetery in Section 60?
a fan

Post by a fan »

CU88a wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 1:01 pm

Do these deaths "earn" the right for burial at Arlington National Cemetery in Section 60?
Nope. These are Trump's "losers" who were so bad they were killed or captured (remember that lovely sentiment from our POTUS?), and OS is here telling us dumb civilians that death "isn't death" if it's not from a bullet.

Return to “POLITICS”