NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
justanotherperson

Re: NESCAC

Post by justanotherperson »

laxwizard9 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:42 pm
justanotherperson wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 5:24 pm I the original discussion of where prep school players end up was in another forum (Tufts?) but I did the 2024 analysis on the NEW1 Prep School Destination (cross posted in that forum). For 2024's, there were 197 "listed" varsity NEW1 players that I have on record and this is the distribution of schools they attended. This is not an indictment on what schools are better than others but you can see a pattern of where prep school players may end up. I didnt do ISL but I suspect it will be the same (cant compete with laxxal22's excellent work) and the 2024 class went to some great schools. I dont know how accurate my data is but here goes and kudos to all 24'a who committed somewhere, its a big achievement:

197 listed varsity players
-79 (40.1%) uncommitted (I did not dig deep into these to figure out if the eschewed lacrosse for a "top" academic school. Some committed for other sports as well)
-69 (35.0%) D1 - (48 (69.6%) went to Ivy / Patriot / ACC / B10)
-7 (3.6%) D2
-42 (21.3%) D3 - (16 (38.1%) went to NESCAC, 10 (23.8%) - LIberty, 1-MIT, 7 to Kenyon/Oberlin/Gettysburg/Denison/Colorado College)

Air Force
Amherst (2)
Army
Bates
Bentley
Boston University (2)
Bowdoin
Brown (3)
Bryant
Catholic
Clark
Clarkson
Cleveland State
Colby
Colgate (4)
Colorado College
Connecticut College
Cornell (2)
Dartmouth (3)
Denison
Denver
Drexel
Fairfield
Georgetown (4)
Gettysburg (3)
Harvard (2)
High Point
Hofstra
Holy Cross (3)
Iona (2)
Jacksonville
Johns Hopkins (2)
Kenyon
Lafayette
Loyola
Lynchburg
Marist
Michigan (2)
Middlebury
MIT
Navy (2)
North Carolina (2)
Notre Dame
Oberlin
Ohio State
Ohio Wesleyan
Penn (2)
Princeton (2)
Providence
Quinnipiac
Richmond
RIT
Robert Morris
Rutgers (2)
Saint Lawrence (4)
Salisbury
Skidmore (2)
Syracuse (2)
Tampa (2)
Towson
Trinity (3)
Tufts (3)
U of Indianapolis
U of Massachusetts (3)
Union (2)
Ursinus
Vermont (2)
Virginia (3)
Wentworth
Wesleyan
Western New England
Wilkes
Williams (2)
Yale (2)

Finally, this may be controversial but I did notice for the NEW1 schools, depending on how they are ranked, the distribution of the colleges slightly changed (with Kent and Wick as outliers) from top to bottom. This is not to validate prep school rankings nor is it an indictment on which prep school is better because out of 4546 prep schools they are all pretty darn good; just an observation. Niche rankings as follows:

#9 Choate
#22 Hotchkiss
#33 Deerfield
#35 Loomis
#51 Taft
#94 NMH
#115 Kent
#373 Avon Old Farms
#380 Salisbury
#399 Westminster
#407 Berkshire
#633 Trinity Pawling
NR Brunswick

Trinity pawling has put out an absurd amount of recruits in the last year. I see them being a prep school that is a power house in college lacrosse recruiting. CK ginacola is a TP guy and is the top of a massive list. AOF has fallen off recently and I believe they will be at the bottom of this list soon. Be prepared to see loomis at the top of this list, Bill Ball has done some incredible things.
Laxwizard - apologies as these are academic rankings via niche. Not lacrosse rankings
NNELax

Post by NNELax »

My comment was simply for pcowlax who will shoot first when he doesn't like something....but another list comes out that probably confirms his bias and he doesn't ask about methodology or all the other BS he finds crucial....
ILikeChooChoos

Post by ILikeChooChoos »

This thread is the most pathetic corner of the entire internet.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

ILikeChooChoos wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:30 am This thread is the most pathetic corner of the entire internet.
And yet here you are😂. Keep hyping your trade school NNElax, there must be someone out here gullible enough to think Babson is a top school. A good rule of thumb to identify a bad school is that the acceptance rate is higher than the graduation rate. A good rule to identify a top school in the country is that most people acclaimed with high level academics or graduate schools have heard of it. Would love to hear you ask an admissions office at, say, PhD program
In philosophy at UCLA their impression of Babson.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

ILikeChooChoos wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 10:30 am This thread is the most pathetic corner of the entire internet.
This pathetic thread represents 50% of your (burner) account’s posts, with the other 50% being the dumpster fire that is the Tufts 2025 thread. Sadly the numbers are likely similar for your “real” account. We should all just ignore any of the bad of this conference and make believe everything is fantastic? You wish.
pcowlax wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:25 am Keep hyping your trade school NNElax, there must be someone out here gullible enough to think Babson is a top school. A good rule of thumb to identify a bad school is that the acceptance rate is higher than the graduation rate. A good rule to identify a top school in the country is that most people acclaimed with high level academics or graduate schools have heard of it. Would love to hear you ask an admissions office at, say, PhD program
In philosophy at UCLA their impression of Babson.
Here’s another good rule of thumb brah, if you’ve got to cut down other schools, or respond to everyone who pumps up their own in order to elevate yours(self), then you’ve got a complex. Everyone knows the top NESCACs are strong academically. Everyone also knows they’re on a sharp down turn in many other facets. Campus climates have been terrible just to name one.

An admission office at UCLA has heard of your NESCAC school and not NNE’s Babson, yet here you both are, in a forum on a Saturday morning. Now that’s irony.
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

justanotherperson wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 8:26 am
laxwizard9 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:42 pm
justanotherperson wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 5:24 pm I the original discussion of where prep school players end up was in another forum (Tufts?) but I did the 2024 analysis on the NEW1 Prep School Destination (cross posted in that forum). For 2024's, there were 197 "listed" varsity NEW1 players that I have on record and this is the distribution of schools they attended. This is not an indictment on what schools are better than others but you can see a pattern of where prep school players may end up. I didnt do ISL but I suspect it will be the same (cant compete with laxxal22's excellent work) and the 2024 class went to some great schools. I dont know how accurate my data is but here goes and kudos to all 24'a who committed somewhere, its a big achievement:

197 listed varsity players
-79 (40.1%) uncommitted (I did not dig deep into these to figure out if the eschewed lacrosse for a "top" academic school. Some committed for other sports as well)
-69 (35.0%) D1 - (48 (69.6%) went to Ivy / Patriot / ACC / B10)
-7 (3.6%) D2
-42 (21.3%) D3 - (16 (38.1%) went to NESCAC, 10 (23.8%) - LIberty, 1-MIT, 7 to Kenyon/Oberlin/Gettysburg/Denison/Colorado College)

Air Force
Amherst (2)
Army
Bates
Bentley
Boston University (2)
Bowdoin
Brown (3)
Bryant
Catholic
Clark
Clarkson
Cleveland State
Colby
Colgate (4)
Colorado College
Connecticut College
Cornell (2)
Dartmouth (3)
Denison
Denver
Drexel
Fairfield
Georgetown (4)
Gettysburg (3)
Harvard (2)
High Point
Hofstra
Holy Cross (3)
Iona (2)
Jacksonville
Johns Hopkins (2)
Kenyon
Lafayette
Loyola
Lynchburg
Marist
Michigan (2)
Middlebury
MIT
Navy (2)
North Carolina (2)
Notre Dame
Oberlin
Ohio State
Ohio Wesleyan
Penn (2)
Princeton (2)
Providence
Quinnipiac
Richmond
RIT
Robert Morris
Rutgers (2)
Saint Lawrence (4)
Salisbury
Skidmore (2)
Syracuse (2)
Tampa (2)
Towson
Trinity (3)
Tufts (3)
U of Indianapolis
U of Massachusetts (3)
Union (2)
Ursinus
Vermont (2)
Virginia (3)
Wentworth
Wesleyan
Western New England
Wilkes
Williams (2)
Yale (2)

Finally, this may be controversial but I did notice for the NEW1 schools, depending on how they are ranked, the distribution of the colleges slightly changed (with Kent and Wick as outliers) from top to bottom. This is not to validate prep school rankings nor is it an indictment on which prep school is better because out of 4546 prep schools they are all pretty darn good; just an observation. Niche rankings as follows:

#9 Choate
#22 Hotchkiss
#33 Deerfield
#35 Loomis
#51 Taft
#94 NMH
#115 Kent
#373 Avon Old Farms
#380 Salisbury
#399 Westminster
#407 Berkshire
#633 Trinity Pawling
NR Brunswick

Trinity pawling has put out an absurd amount of recruits in the last year. I see them being a prep school that is a power house in college lacrosse recruiting. CK ginacola is a TP guy and is the top of a massive list. AOF has fallen off recently and I believe they will be at the bottom of this list soon. Be prepared to see loomis at the top of this list, Bill Ball has done some incredible things.
Laxwizard - apologies as these are academic rankings via niche. Not lacrosse rankings
Laxwizard9 is not Laxwizard. There can be only one!
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

https://news.colby.edu/story/colby-hire ... athletics/

Another positive step for the Mules.
jumpman23

Post by jumpman23 »

this is for the NESCAC

Zack Goorno selected with the 58th pick in the 5th round of the NLL draft by Colorado

https://www.nll.com/news/draft-central- ... y-castore/
SneaksBeac

Post by SneaksBeac »

Laxguy456

Post by Laxguy456 »

Thanks for posting this...was going to post my way to early NESCAC rankings yesterday...

Hope all the players impacted make a speedy recovery.
SouthieLax

Post by SouthieLax »

I think we could see a knee jerk reaction by the Presidents to shut down NESCAC Fall Ball again. For decades it was not formally allowed (until post-COVID) and they’ll point to this Tufts incident as a reason to claw it back. They already shut down Tufts/Wesleyan playing D1 teams last Fall.
lax

Post by lax »

SouthieLax wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:28 am I think we could see a knee jerk reaction by the Presidents to shut down NESCAC Fall Ball again. For decades it was not formally allowed (until post-COVID) and they’ll point to this Tufts incident as a reason to claw it back. They already shut down Tufts/Wesleyan playing D1 teams last Fall.
The NESCAC didn't "shut down Tufts/Wesleyan playing D1 teams last Fall". the NESCAC doesn't allow ANY outside competition in the fall segment, not even an alumni game.
choochooCharlie

Post by choochooCharlie »

lax wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:24 am
SouthieLax wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:28 am I think we could see a knee jerk reaction by the Presidents to shut down NESCAC Fall Ball again. For decades it was not formally allowed (until post-COVID) and they’ll point to this Tufts incident as a reason to claw it back. They already shut down Tufts/Wesleyan playing D1 teams last Fall.
The NESCAC didn't "shut down Tufts/Wesleyan playing D1 teams last Fall". the NESCAC doesn't allow ANY outside competition in the fall segment, not even an alumni game.
The current situation is making it look like the NESCAC rules are more like friendly suggestions. Just don’t get caught by accidentally putting 20% of your roster in the hospital.
CHRLAX

Post by CHRLAX »

I wonder how much or any of this incident is caused by the limit on official or supervised practices or whatever. I am not an expert on NESCAC rules... but if they had more fully supervised interactions and didn't feel like they had to do voluntary stuff on the side... would this have happened?
shorelax12

Post by shorelax12 »

CHRLAX wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:12 pm I wonder how much or any of this incident is caused by the limit on official or supervised practices or whatever. I am not an expert on NESCAC rules... but if they had more fully supervised interactions and didn't feel like they had to do voluntary stuff on the side... would this have happened?
I suspect that most, if not all, or the coaching staff was well aware of what was going on. Also, has it been confirmed whether any of the coaches were present. According to posts in other forums on this site, the entire coaching staff is currently on administrative leave. Either way, I do not think that having more coach practices would have avoided this situation, this is a cultural issue.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”