The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2024

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:57 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:49 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:27 pm
FannOLax wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:37 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:18 pm https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/-j ... rcna171099

But Old Salt is doubling down and burying the Haitians. His subordinates have not said peep. Don’t want to disrupt their chain of command.
:lol: ...buried the lede :
Lee said that there are very real problems related to Springfield's population boom that caught the struggling city off guard. Springfield was not prepared to address the housing, health care and other service needs that came with the sudden increase of new residents over the last five years when Haitians arrived, many of them with protected status under federal law.
Please note that Lee is not blaming the Haitians, or any immigrants, for any illegal acts, any cruelty to domestic pets, or any immoral behavior. The city was caught off guard by a rapid population increase. Okay, maybe a reasonable answer to such a situation should based on facts? Nah, better to to spread lies geared toward fanning divisiveness, hatred and violence, as Tronald Dump chose to do.
He doesn't read his own cites. Never has.

Hate sells, and OS is both buying and selling it here. He's a retired guy on the East Coast just like the rest of the fake conservatives, pretending to care about this fake issue.

He thinks this garbage will help his team win elections. That's all he cares about....he doesn't care how they chalk up a W because he's convinced that everything wrong on Earth is the fault of whoever isn't like him.
Fixed that for you.
That's an easy cop out. Just play the race card when you have no other answer.
If your community was disrupted, if it impacted you, you would feel differently. NIMBY.
My community has a large migrant population whose neighborhoods I transit daily. Most of my human contact is with "people not like me".
No problem, but we are a wealthy community able to provide the necessary support services. We have not been overwhelmed. I can sympathize with Springfield & Aurora. I have a friend who is a devoted ESL public school teacher. She says our schools are able to help Hispanic students, but the Haitian kids are lost.

Are these migrants "people like you" ?
https://apnews.com/article/washington-v ... d419dfdac3
Can one both condemn the racist, hateful lies about an immigrant community And recognize that rapid population growth is challenging for social services, education etc?

The Republican mayor of Springfield and Republican Governor of Ohio have no difficulty in distinguishing, but some MAGA types refuse to do so.

And yeah, that’s about race. Nativism.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:38 am
old salt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:57 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:49 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:27 pm
FannOLax wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 3:37 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:44 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:18 pm https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/-j ... rcna171099

But Old Salt is doubling down and burying the Haitians. His subordinates have not said peep. Don’t want to disrupt their chain of command.
:lol: ...buried the lede :
Lee said that there are very real problems related to Springfield's population boom that caught the struggling city off guard. Springfield was not prepared to address the housing, health care and other service needs that came with the sudden increase of new residents over the last five years when Haitians arrived, many of them with protected status under federal law.
Please note that Lee is not blaming the Haitians, or any immigrants, for any illegal acts, any cruelty to domestic pets, or any immoral behavior. The city was caught off guard by a rapid population increase. Okay, maybe a reasonable answer to such a situation should based on facts? Nah, better to to spread lies geared toward fanning divisiveness, hatred and violence, as Tronald Dump chose to do.
He doesn't read his own cites. Never has.

Hate sells, and OS is both buying and selling it here. He's a retired guy on the East Coast just like the rest of the fake conservatives, pretending to care about this fake issue.

He thinks this garbage will help his team win elections. That's all he cares about....he doesn't care how they chalk up a W because he's convinced that everything wrong on Earth is the fault of whoever isn't like him.
Fixed that for you.
That's an easy cop out. Just play the race card when you have no other answer.
If your community was disrupted, if it impacted you, you would feel differently. NIMBY.
My community has a large migrant population whose neighborhoods I transit daily. Most of my human contact is with "people not like me".
No problem, but we are a wealthy community able to provide the necessary support services. We have not been overwhelmed. I can sympathize with Springfield & Aurora. I have a friend who is a devoted ESL public school teacher. She says our schools are able to help Hispanic students, but the Haitian kids are lost.

Are these migrants "people like you" ?
https://apnews.com/article/washington-v ... d419dfdac3
Can one both condemn the racist, hateful lies about an immigrant community And recognize that rapid population growth is challenging for social services, education etc?

The Republican mayor of Springfield and Republican Governor of Ohio have no difficulty in distinguishing, but some MAGA types refuse to do so.

And yeah, that’s about race. Nativism.
Right wing media…..see the conduits to some of our forum participants.

“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Proud Boys marching in the streets in Springfield. And this:

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1 ... 6586761468

Old Salt’s candidates’ platform is nothing other than race baiting and fearmongering. Right on brand.
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:53 am Proud Boys marching in the streets in Springfield. And this:

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1 ... 6586761468

Old Salt’s candidates’ platform is nothing other than race baiting and fearmongering. Right on brand.
Old Karen and people like him have no problem with this. Won’t be cowed into criticizing them.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:41 am
a fan wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:27 pm Hate sells, and OS is both buying and selling it here. He's a retired guy on the East Coast just like the rest of the fake conservatives, pretending to care about this fake issue.
Fake issue ? Apparently your fuzzy liberal algorithm doesn't allow this stuff into your social media feed.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/644570/imm ... month.aspx
:lol: Sooooo.....you cite a poll where you and your buds pretend to care about this and then (drumroll) applaud and cheer as your boy Trump does (checks notes) absolutely freaking nothing about immigration reform.....and you. don't. care.

Yes. Fake issue. And just like last time you elected Trump to specifically fix this fake problem, you'll run away when Trump does nothing about it in his second term, and give us excuse after excuse as to why Trump doing nothing about his main platform (with nothing else in second place) is perfectly awesome in your book.

I gave you chance after chance to tell us what you think Trump did that you didn't like....and you never, not once, told us you were mad that Trump didn't pass one single bill fixing this problem you claim is "so important" to you.

You're lying. All you want, and the ONLY thing that magically solves every complaint you have....is to have someone with your magic R in the White House. When that happens? Every complaint you have goes *poof*, gone. Doesn't matter what the R does, or doesn't do...you're overjoyed.

Issues don't matter to you. The letter R is all you want.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Just a note to thank Eric and Don Junior for lobbying in favor of Vance as a VP nominee. Whatever happens, he candidacy has made -- and I thought this was impossible -- it clearer still how very out of touch the MAGA base of the GOP really is.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Very nice of you to send a thank you note. Just goes to show you that courtesy and good manners are not dead.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

njbill wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:32 pm Very nice of you to send a thank you note. Just goes to show you that courtesy and good manners are not dead.
I had decent parents, and something rubbed off.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Who can possibly vote for this child???

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 3182027626

Truth Details
14382 replies

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

I HATE TAYLOR SWIFT!

8.19k ReTruths 34.5k

njbill

Post by njbill »

If he is elected, he will find a way to indict Taylor Swift on something. One obvious crime is endorsing his political opponent.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

JDouchebag Vance asserts on national television that he makes up stories (like Springfield OH cat/dog story) to force the media to cover him and his douchebag campaign.

No shame. No morals. No credibility. :oops:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:51 am JDouchebag Vance asserts on national television that he makes up stories (like Springfield OH cat/dog story) to force the media to cover him and his douchebag campaign.

It is the drumpfian model: any press is good press.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

An updated classic to show a certain someone's reaction to the debate and T Swift endorsement of VP.

Trump Learns About Taylor Swift's Endorsement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpws74MsI9E

:lol:
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:51 am JDouchebag Vance asserts on national television that he makes up stories (like Springfield OH cat/dog story) to force the media to cover him and his douchebag campaign.

For those of us who remember The Monkeys:

The Last Dog in Springfield (Donald Trump song parody)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu-z9DfNBXw
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Link? I saw him on CNN Dana Bash and he articulated that he was conveying what his constituents were saying.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:50 am

Link? I saw him on CNN Dana Bash and he articulated that he was conveying what his constituents were saying.
and she called him on it right after he said it and he offered NADA in terms of evidence and then asserted that he would continue to tell stories that would force the media to cover the garbage he's peddling. Read the transcript

https://transcripts.cnn.com/show/sotu/d ... segment/01
He claimed he had multiple verifiable evidence including 911 calls - He provided nothing more than just saying that again and she fact checked him right there with information from the police, state government and mayor's office - The governor confirmed her facts later in the same show.

He also asserted the Haitian migrants were in the country illegally...which they aren't - They are here under TPS which goes back to the Bush 43 administration and which the Biden administration recently extended

https://www.uscis.gov/newsroom/stakehol ... ti-for-tps

How about you provide a link to ANY credible source confirming the scurrilous sh*t he's peddling about Springfield OH as you keep defending this garbage :?: :?: .

I'll wait. :oops:
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:56 am

and she called him on it right after he said it and he offered NADA in terms of evidence and then asserted that he would continue to tell stories that would force the media to cover the garbage he's peddling. Read the transcript

He claimed he had multiple verifiable evidence including 911 calls - He provided nothing more than just saying that again and she fact checked him right there with information from the police, state government and mayor's office - The governor confirmed her facts later in the same show.

He also asserted the Haitian migrants were in the country illegally...which they aren't - They are here under TPS which goes back to the Bush 43 administration and which the Biden administration recently extended

How about you provide a link to ANY credible source confirming the scurrilous sh*t he's peddling about Springfield OH as you keep defending this garbage :?: :?: .

He’s not defending Vance. He’s just putting it out there so it can be discussed around the dinner table.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

CU88a wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 7:59 am

For those of us who remember The Monkeys:

The Last Dog in Springfield (Donald Trump song parody)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu-z9DfNBXw
Have to be a daydream believer
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:56 am

Where am I defending him? I was asking you for the link or cite where YOU stated.... he asserts he makes things up to be on tv.

Send me some replies when you want cites.....I'd be happy to provide them when asked. Again...never defended a thing regarding JD, maybe the voices in your head heard them...relax.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”