Gavin Gismondi- E’Town A, Grad, All Conf
Add transfers-
Dylan McDougall- Towson A/M, Soph, 6’3” 230lb
Kyle Ettenhofer- Nichols LSM, Grad, 6’6” 215lb, All Conf

Only schedule bits thus far-
Oct 4th scrim vs Alumni
Oct 27th scrim vs TBA
Feb 22nd vs F&M

Looks like there will be 4 grads on the roster. Excited to see this group in action a few weeks from now.
DP looks like York will be right back at it in 25. With what you return and some very strong transfers there isn’t any reason to think they will not return to be a significant factor in D3 again. I’m going to assume that the Generals will match up with York in either their first or second game of the season. W&L had a lot of injuries during the season. If they can bring back 2-3 starters from last year that were out and they come back close to 100% they may very well be better than last year. Hoping goal play can improve some and Spano I anticipate will be equally as successful as last year. W&L may have a freshman fogo entering who may be pretty good as well. That will certainly help in the Mustang Classic and what I hope will be another NCAA appearance. Looking forward to a rematch
DeepPocket

Re: York 2025

Post by DeepPocket »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2024 7:59 pm DP looks like York will be right back at it in 25. With what you return and some very strong transfers there isn’t any reason to think they will not return to be a significant factor in D3 again. I’m going to assume that the Generals will match up with York in either their first or second game of the season. W&L had a lot of injuries during the season. If they can bring back 2-3 starters from last year that were out and they come back close to 100% they may very well be better than last year. Hoping goal play can improve some and Spano I anticipate will be equally as successful as last year. W&L may have a freshman fogo entering who may be pretty good as well. That will certainly help in the Mustang Classic and what I hope will be another NCAA appearance. Looking forward to a rematch
Thanks Dehunt. Yes, here’s hoping they find some traction and make noise. I too am hoping W&L stays on the schedule. The games have always been hard fought and entertaining.

W&L returns quite a bit, and seems to have some talented freshmen who came in as well. Hope your squad starts & stays healthy, and wish them a strong year.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
LaxDad2026

Post by LaxDad2026 »

Question for everyone - York is recruiting my son. He got a text early Sept 1. Thoughts on York overall? He has received mid/lower D1 texts as well. I think winning is more important than level. 2024 was rough for York at 10-8, but there schedule was tough. Just wanted to get some background before we go there on a recruiting visit.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

LaxDad2026 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:51 am Question for everyone - York is recruiting my son. He got a text early Sept 1. Thoughts on York overall? He has received mid/lower D1 texts as well. I think winning is more important than level. 2024 was rough for York at 10-8, but there schedule was tough. Just wanted to get some background before we go there on a recruiting visit.
Visit every institution you’re considering, more than once if possible. Don’t just do a tour, but actually meander the campus’ on your own before or after your scheduled visits. If you have contact with someone currently enrolled at each school, or know someone who does, have your son (responsibly) stay over-night. Look at bulletin boards on campus, or online schedules and see what the colleges are each offering as far as experiences outside of education & lacrosse.

If you read these forums, you will see each thread has very strong proponents of the school being discussed, as well as a few detractors. My point is, you won’t find too many unbiased opinions in a place like this, my own opinion included.

I loved my time at York, both on and off the lacrosse field. The degree I earned and time I spent there were integral to the success I now enjoy. York’s affordability, a rarity in top flight lacrosse at any level, also prevented me from being throttled by the same student loan debt that I watched so many of my peers struggle with. I look forward to being back there in a few weeks for the alumni game, to spend another night with the lifelong friends that I made in my time there, and rub elbows with the next generation. York was the right place for me.

My advice to you is do your due diligence and find the right place for him, where he would be happy even if lacrosse were taken away from him. (And I hope that place is York ;) )
LaxDad2026

Post by LaxDad2026 »

Thanks DeepPocket.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

LaxDad2026 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 12:17 pm Thanks DeepPocket.
👍 Good luck in your search.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”