Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
laxfanrs

Re: Recruiting

Post by laxfanrs »

I’d like to add that there are numerous, let’s say, foul comments on Spencer’s coaching on 2adays.
Lazyeyedgoalie

Post by Lazyeyedgoalie »

laxfanrs wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 10:11 pm Stanford with 0 recruits. A few years ago they were doing so well they even had the #1 recruiting class. I guess many east coast girls staying by home and the west coast girls wanting to go east. But, Stanford is very appealing, an amazing school with a beautiful campus. Or it could be either a coaching situation. Stanford has had many top recruits (arceri, king, Maddigin miller, politsky, peep Williams, Ashley Humphrey ) and I am definitely missing some. You also can’t base how good a recruiting class is at this point, it’s still early.
I heard they are having recruits in this weekend
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

For parents of recruits:
-Not all "full" offers are the same
-Some full offers only cover tuition
-Some full offers cover tuition, fees, housing, and meal plans
-Some even include stipends

-Some coaches are going to promise NIL or revenue sharing. Don't count on it for every coach.
-Pay attention to the level of investment into the program in all phases. That will tell you if you're likely getting additional money. If they aren't investing in support, facilities, paying for official visits, or if the Athletic Director has presented anything that seems doom and gloom in the past year, you probably aren't getting much of anything.

I'm hearing about so many kids that think they have some substantial offer and money, only to get on campus and find out what they're expecting isn't close to what they're getting. This is happening in all sports. The consistent result is *if they aren't investing in the program everywhere else, they aren't going to invest in the players*.
MSLAX5

Post by MSLAX5 »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:16 am For parents of recruits:

-Some coaches are going to promise NIL or revenue sharing. Don't count on it for every coach.
-Pay attention to the level of investment into the program in all phases. That will tell you if you're likely getting additional money. If they aren't investing in support, facilities, paying for official visits, or if the Athletic Director has presented anything that seems doom and gloom in the past year, you probably aren't getting much of anything.

I'm hearing about so many kids that think they have some substantial offer and money, only to get on campus and find out what they're expecting isn't close to what they're getting. This is happening in all sports. The consistent result is *if they aren't investing in the program everywhere else, they aren't going to invest in the players*.

How many women's lax players are getting full offers? Not many. 35'ish players on a team with 12.5 Scholarships (That has not changed)
Sure a dynamic girl like Scane or Dolce will get a full offer, but then that leaves 2 full scholarships likely for that class to be divided up. (3 full scholarships X 4 classes) .5 left for transfers?
From our experience and talking to most others, offers are usually 30% and can sway to nothing or 20% if someone else gets 40% etc.
I have heard of people saying they get a full offer but that is say 30% athletic, 20% merit and the rest is aid. So technically full ride, but they tell people it is a full scholarship for lacrosse. NIL is clearly going to change this, but I wonder if schools are reluctant to promise much with the NCAA settlement lingering and can possibly effect NIL and scholarships and roster sizes.
LiveLaxLove

Post by LiveLaxLove »

I know at least 2 schools offering nearly everyone full scholarships that include everything
MSLAX5

Post by MSLAX5 »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:48 am I know at least 2 schools offering nearly everyone full scholarships that include everything
That is insane. Where are they getting the $$
How many commits to they currently have? Are they only taking 3-4 players this year?
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

LiveLaxLove wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:48 am I know at least 2 schools offering nearly everyone full scholarships that include everything
Army and Navy?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

I think it's always been like that for the service academies. But this is part of their contract of being enlisted soldiers for 4 years upon graduation. Everything is kinda baked into that.

my guess would be USF
Finnyboy

Post by Finnyboy »

MSLAX5 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:51 am
How many commits to they currently have? Are they only taking 3-4 players this year?
Some school have a fund of money from alumni they use to pay girls tuitions. So they are giving full rides to some that does not count against the scholarship allotment. So the 3 -4 scholarship allotment per recruiting year is really not the standard anymore. When you see some of these top programs bringing in four and five 5 STAR recruits they are not doing that with just scholarship money. Some schools are giving 5-6 full rides. Now the 100% is made up of aid, outside money, and scholarship. Sometimes it's all outside money.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

From talking to people, USF, Penn State, Cincinnati, Florida have all been throwing around full scholarship and in some cases more than full scholarships. And those are just the ones I have heard. I am guessing a lot of schools are doing it.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

MSLAX5 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:41 am
LiveLaxLove wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:16 am For parents of recruits:

How many women's lax players are getting full offers? Not many. 35'ish players on a team with 12.5 Scholarships (That has not changed)
Sure a dynamic girl like Scane or Dolce will get a full offer, but then that leaves 2 full scholarships likely for that class to be divided up. (3 full scholarships X 4 classes) .5 left for transfers?
From our experience and talking to most others, offers are usually 30% and can sway to nothing or 20% if someone else gets 40% etc.
I have heard of people saying they get a full offer but that is say 30% athletic, 20% merit and the rest is aid. So technically full ride, but they tell people it is a full scholarship for lacrosse. NIL is clearly going to change this, but I wonder if schools are reluctant to promise much with the NCAA settlement lingering and can possibly effect NIL and scholarships and roster sizes.

This started changing last year. There were more full rides than ever before. Mostly top schools. Not sure how they were doing it. I’m sure it included fugazy grants, NIL, etc. but a lot more than the old “hey if it’s 20% it’s a good offer.” I won’t out the schools but there’s three I know of that everyone wound up going there for free. Was it all athletic. No idea except for one kid and it was.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

laxfan9999 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:24 am From talking to people, USF, Penn State, Cincinnati, Florida have all been throwing around full scholarship and in some cases more than full scholarships. And those are just the ones I have heard. I am guessing a lot of schools are doing it.
anyone in the b1g or sec is going to see a bump of at least $20 million and more by the time this class comes in from cfp and new media deals. so expected revenue share largely paid for in their budgets. acc school payouts have outperformed projections the last couple years, but their bump from stanf/ucb/smu and cfp is likely to be about 5-10 mm in the next 2 years.

one thing that can be pretty much be counted on as house vs nc$$ plays out is the nc$$ isn't going to be able to cap scholarships in equivalency sports. how much that expands any schools' schollies of course will be school to school and probably sport to sport.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

laxfan9999 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:24 am From talking to people, USF, Penn State, Cincinnati, Florida have all been throwing around full scholarship and in some cases more than full scholarships. And those are just the ones I have heard. I am guessing a lot of schools are doing it.
Cincy??? The others make sense, but surprised to see Cincy. Only seeing 1 commit so far (obviously could not be accurate) so that money doesn't appear to be appealing enough.
lacrossemwj

Post by lacrossemwj »

Finnyboy wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:03 am
Some school have a fund of money from alumni they use to pay girls tuitions. So they are giving full rides to some that does not count against the scholarship allotment. So the 3 -4 scholarship allotment per recruiting year is really not the standard anymore. When you see some of these top programs bringing in four and five 5 STAR recruits they are not doing that with just scholarship money. Some schools are giving 5-6 full rides. Now the 100% is made up of aid, outside money, and scholarship. Sometimes it's all outside money.
And what is this money considered? I mean how is this done legally? Is this part of an NIL collective?
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

lacrossemwj wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:17 am
And what is this money considered? I mean how is this done legally? Is this part of an NIL collective?
Money coming from boosters through the college is NIL and the problem with that is I believe they have to pay tax on it.
Wamp1

Post by Wamp1 »

spidey44 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:45 am
Cincy??? The others make sense, but surprised to see Cincy. Only seeing 1 commit so far (obviously could not be accurate) so that money doesn't appear to be appealing enough.
Cincy has 2 commits as of now. Similar to last year at this time. Most will others will follow after their prospect day. Last year it was on 10.15.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

I bought the practice of "private" funding up for scholarships, specifically the Ivies, on this forum in the past. I was shouted down. I guess the cat is out of the bag now.
Wamp1

Post by Wamp1 »

Wamp1 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:52 am
spidey44 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 9:45 am
Cincy has 2 commits as of now. Similar to last year at this time. Most will others will follow after their prospect day. Last year it was on 10.15.
They also just announced a 3rd assistant coach in Zach Tamburello from Stanford.
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Zach is second assistant. Gina must be running the defense as Haley Hardy no longer shows on roster and both assistants are offensive.
Wamp1

Post by Wamp1 »

laxfan9999 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:58 am Zach is second assistant. Gina must be running the defense as Haley Hardy no longer shows on roster and both assistants are offensive.
Sorry. He's listed twice!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”