The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
DMac

Re: 2024

Post by DMac »

Am going to watch the debate tonight, am not expecting much substance but I'm thinkin' the entertainment factor could make it disgustingly interesting. The self-aggrandizing, narcissist on the big stage in the spotlight. Oh my, the possibilities/probabilities.
Am thinkin' I'll be the last guy to show up at the emotions party when it's over.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Cows seen preparing a pile of hot steamy lies that Trump will use during the debate.
IMG_5008.jpeg
IMG_5008.jpeg (196.65 KiB) Viewed 295 times
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:19 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 5:31 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:26 pm I might try and stay up to watch some of it but not likely.
Don’t worry. We all will give you an unbiased accounting of how poorly Trump did. :lol:
Thank you, I'm counting on you, don't let me down. :D
I am sitting it out tonight. Will catch up tomorrow after I check in with njbill's perspective and someone neutral, like MDLax, who will give us a fair and balanced response. :lol: :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 2:26 pm I might try and stay up to watch some of it but not likely.
Don’t worry. We all will give you an unbiased accounting of how poorly Trump did. :lol:
They’d analyzed it and he falls off a cliff at the 30 min mark she needs to get there clean and then start punishing his a**
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:43 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:34 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:28 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:22 am LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE... IT'S ALMOST TIME... FOR...

Where has he been?
Do you remember there was a guy in a trunk in the basement of a pawn shop in Pulp Fiction? Gets pulled out when they’re getting lathers up and starting to work on Marcellus (the black one) and maybe they’d get to butch??
Rudy G. The G is for Gimp
It’s certainly not gangsta.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
ggait

Post by ggait »

Running notes of actual trump statements:

Migrants in Ohio kidnapping and eating dogs and cats?

Babies in Virginia being killed after birth?

Biden responsible for shooting Trump in the head?

Free transgender surgery for illegal aliens in prison?

Nancy Pelosi’s daughter on tape blaming J6 on her mom?

We have so many facts that we won Georgia Wisconsin Pennsylvania. So many facts and statistics — I’ll show you David. You can do a special on it.

Victor Orban of Hungary is one of the most respected people in the world.

Joe Biden hates Kamala Harris. Joe can’t stand her.

Israel will not exist two years after Harris is elected. She hates Israel. She also hates Arabs.

We have a president who doesn’t even know he’s alive.

I read where she was not black. And then I read that she was black.

She has a plan to confiscate everyone’s gun.

I saved Obamacare. I have concepts for a new healthcare plan. You’ll be hearing about that soon.
Last edited by ggait on Tue Sep 10, 2024 10:55 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

ggait wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:36 pm Migrants in Ohio kidnapping and eating dogs and cats?

He’s deranged. And cannot speak in complete sentences and thoughts.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:43 pm
ggait wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:36 pm Migrants in Ohio kidnapping and eating dogs and cats?

His supporters will tell you what he was really meant when they weigh in.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:36 pm Running notes of actual trump statements:

Nancy Pelosi’s daughter on tape blaming J6 on her mom?

We have so many facts that we won Georgia Wisconsin Pennsylvania. So many facts and statistics — I’ll show you David. You can do a special on it.

Victor Orban of Hungary is one of the most respected people in the world.

Joe Biden hates Kamala Harris. Joe can’t stand her.

Israel will not exist two years after Harris is elected. She hates Israel. She also hates Arabs.

We have a president who doesn’t even know he’s alive.

I read where she was not black. And then I read that she was black.
Of all the crazy statements, t :lol: hat might be the most unpresidential. :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Thought I would score this like a prize fight since that is in effect what it was.

On substance, I give it 11–4 to Harris. On style 8.5 to 6.5 for Harris. I know you can’t split rounds, but I didn’t see it as 9–6 or 8–7. Of course, I hate Trump so my scores are not exactly unbiased.

The bar in this debate was much higher for Harris. People don’t know her nearly as well as they know Trump. They want to know if she is better than the 2020 (really 2019) Harris. They want to know if they would be comfortable with her as president.

All in all, I think Harris did a pretty good job of communicating that she could be at least a decent president. I don’t think she quite needed a knockout in the debate to win the election. I don’t think she got a knockout, but she also didn’t strike out so this very close election will continue to be close I think.

Harris had a very good command of the facts. She was articulate and spoke well. Trump was Trump. No real surprises in the way he came across.

I thought that Harris by and large kept Trump on the defensive which isn’t easy to do .

What happened to the mute button? There was a fair amount of cross talk. I think the moderators dropped the ball a bit in this regard. All in all, though, the failure to use the mute button wasn’t a significant thing.

Harris’ statements on the economy were better than Trump’s, but the real question is will what she said resonate with voters? Don’t know.

Trump was pretty weak on his tariff plan. Didn’t clearly explain why increased tariffs were needed. Also wasn’t very persuasive that his tariff plan won’t cause prices to increase for the American consumer. Yes, the foreign manufacturers might eat some of the tariffs, but they certainly will pass on at least a substantial portion to consumers.

Harris got the better of Trump on the abortion issue, but that is no surprise since her position is much more within the mainstream of what the American people think.

I thought the discussions of the various foreign wars pretty much came out as a wash. You can debate how much credit Trump should get for the fact that there were fewer wars going on when he was president, but that is certainly a strong point for him to make, and a simple one for voters to understand.

Fracking came up a couple of times. Harris simply said that she supports fracking. Neither Trump nor the moderators really pressed her on her flip-flop in that regard. Interesting sidenote: fracking is very controversial in Pennsylvania. Roughly half the people are in favor of it and half are against it. Probably fair to say that those who are against it are likely to be Harris supporters and those who are for it are likely to be Trump supporters. Still, I have the impression that Harris’ previous position on fracking and her relatively recent flip-flop will cost her some votes in Pennsylvania. How many? Probably not a lot, but some.

Harris baited Trump about his rallies, claiming people leave early. He took the bait, but this short portion of the debate largely fizzled out.

No debate involving Trump would be complete without a bizarre Trump moment. One of the ones here was where he said immigrant people are eating peoples’ pets. The moderator said there is no evidence of that.

Trump seemed to me to be on the edge of losing his cool at times. His demeanor and body language were somewhat angry. Harris by and large kept her cool. She did have some odd or strange facial expressions and hand movements at times when listening to Trump. Would’ve been better if she had simply stood there with a poker face I think.

Trump used Harris’ “I’m talking” from her debate with Pence on her. Pretty funny. She didn’t respond, which was a good idea. She also didn’t use the same expression with Trump, which was wise.

The above is without having heard what any of the all-knowing omnipotent Talking Heads have to say.

Will the debate move the needle in terms of the election in the swing states? I doubt it, though possibly a smidge in Harris’ favor.
njbill

Post by njbill »

old salt

Post by old salt »

njbill wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:21 pm Taylor Swift endorses Harris.

https://variety.com/2024/music/news/tay ... 236140420/
That does it. Trump's toast.
ggait

Post by ggait »

She signed it “childless cat lady” Taylor Swift.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:26 pm
njbill wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:21 pm Taylor Swift endorses Harris.

https://variety.com/2024/music/news/tay ... 236140420/
That does it. Trump's toast.
Not in your book.
“I wish you would!”
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

I saved Obamacare. I have concepts for a new healthcare plan. You’ll be hearing about that soon.
Yep, most ridiculous quote was certainly about free transgender surgery for illegal aliens in jail. But wait, there's an illegal alien in jail?!? I thought they were all running around eating people's beloved pet dogs and cats. And when the moderator asked him about why he pressured key R's to vote "no" on the bi-partisan immigration bill that everyone thought would work, he refused to answer directly, instead attacking Harris on immigation thereby proving her point on why Dump didn't want the bill to pass.

And yes, we'll be hearing his new healthcare plan soon, just like in 2016 he'd be releasing his taxes as soon as the audit was finished (except, well, his tax forms actually existed).
Typical Lax Dad

FannOLax wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:37 pm

Yep, most ridiculous quote was certainly about free transgender surgery for illegal aliens in jail. But wait, there's an illegal alien in jail?!? I thought they were all running around eating people's beloved pet dogs and cats. And when the moderator asked him about why he pressured key R's to vote "no" on the bi-partisan immigration bill that everyone thought would work, he refused to answer directly, instead attacking Harris on immigation thereby proving her point on why Dump didn't want the bill to pass.

And yes, we'll be hearing his new healthcare plan soon, just like in 2016 he'd be releasing his taxes as soon as the audit was finished (except, well, his tax forms actually existed).
You see how low the bar is for Donald Trump. That’s how it is. Harris has to be three times better to get half the credit. Trump is clearly less educated and less prepared. If that were Mitt Romney saying the exact same things as Harris they would have stopped the debate, if it were a fight. The usual suspects will defend him or criticize Kamala…they won’t criticize Trump.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 9:43 pm

... if Trump wasn't a cult, this MOFO would lose all 50 states! Kamala walked all over him and then backed her car over him. Even he recognizes that!!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:01 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2024 7:19 pm
Thank you, I'm counting on you, don't let me down. :D
I am sitting it out tonight. Will catch up tomorrow after I check in with njbill's perspective and someone neutral, like MDLax, who will give us a fair and balanced response. :lol: :lol:
It's 5am, I've had a good nights sleep, I'm ready for the debacle post mortem.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Priceless moments - Orange Fatso referring to the head of the Taliban as "Abdul" which Juliette Kayyem said "was a perfect mix of his ignorance, racism and senility in just a single word" - Not to mention that he invited the Taliban to Camp David on SEPTEMBER 11. :oops:

Harris then encouraged Trump to "tell the 800,000 Polish-Americans right here in Pennsylvania" about his ostensible support of the Kremlin and its leader, a dictator who the VP also claimed, "would eat you for lunch." - She then proceeded to continue eat his lunch throughout the debate.

She even disarmed him by offering to shake hands - which he meekly obliged being the real wimp that he actually is.

However, while it is still obvious that Fatso is a total moron I'm still floored that it will still likely be a close election.
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Sep 11, 2024 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Kismet wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2024 5:45 am She even disarmed him by offering to shake hands - which he meekly obliged being the real wimp that he actually is.
Yup, Kamala had better footwork, while Donald tried to avoid her and go straight to the podium, she cut him off and
made him shake hands with her. She was a step ahead of him all night long. Watched the whole thing, IMO, Donald got the schidt kicked out of him.

Return to “POLITICS”