The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
OCanada

Re: 2024

Post by OCanada »

OMG

“Whether the memo warning against leaks was forward-looking or hindsight, it comes in the same day as a massive U.S. Dept. of Justice indictment. That bombshell includes allegations that several top pro-MAGA influencers with millions of followers were covertly and unwittingly paid by a Russia-funded media company in the U.S., as part of a Kremlin disinformation campaign to influence voters in the November election, in support of the Trump campaign.“. I am not buying the “unwittingly” hedge
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I don’t know why the numbers for the less qualified didn’t go down at Yale?

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2024/09/ ... decreases/
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:37 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:18 pm You finally got us.

ggait = Clark Kent (i.e. bespectacled lawyer).

afan = Superman (i.e. artisanal distiller).

Both live in Denver. Both have similar middle of the road politics. Yet strangely no one has ever seen those two in the same place/same time....
Confession: I can't fly. Believe me, I've tried. My daughter will tell you I have super-strength, though, and her 9 yo boy classmates are terrified of me because I'm twice the size of the other dads, and clearly work with my hands.

At two events now, as I've looked for entrance for a school event, staffers directed me to the employee entrance. I do NOT fit in with the rest of the Dads.
Try psychadelilcs
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:39 pm

Both live in Denver. Both have similar middle of the road politics. Yet strangely no one has ever seen those two in the same place/same time....
I was accused of being pizzasnake for the longest time. It took me some time to realize who the young skeptic was referring to.
See my first instinct when I see Pizzasnake is to think of a guy who likes women during that time of the month
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:01 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 12:39 pm

I was accused of being pizzasnake for the longest time. It took me some time to realize who the young skeptic was referring to.
See my first instinct when I see Pizzasnake is to think of a guy who likes women during that time of the month
:?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 9:17 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 8:56 am
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... ghanistan/

Mike Mullen, a retired U.S. Navy admiral, was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 2007 to 2011.
C&S, Old Salt, IY, and Petey and folks like them disagree. Mullen also must not have realized Joe Biden was photographed at ANC in 2010 at a ceremony. Trump is being victimized again.
It wasn't even on Mullen's radar screen in 2010. Nobody gave a sh*t about politicians' photo ops in Sec 60 until it could be weaponozed against Trump.
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

2XIMPOTUS o d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs572N9965E

Wow, he is old and so low energy, droning on and on as he reads a teleprompter. How does on watch this and think that he can be POTUS?
DMac

Post by DMac »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:15 pm

Mike Mullen, a retired U.S. Navy admiral, was chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 2007 to 2011.
C&S, Old Salt, IY, and Petey and folks like them disagree. Mullen also must not have realized Joe Biden was photographed at ANC in 2010 at a ceremony. Trump is being victimized again.
It wasn't even on Mullen's radar screen in 2010. Nobody gave a sh*t about politicians' photo ops in Sec 60 until it could be weaponozed against Trump.
Now how do you know that?
If Trump wanted to have his picture taken next to my father's grave
(and mother's) I'd have no problem with that. Throw in the thumbs up
with the phony smirk, complete lack of respect, and the all about me
posture, and I'm all kinds of piszed off about it.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

From the guy who never fails to disappoint. And I helped pay for his education and start in life. Just a dismal, disgraceful POS.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

CU88a wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:24 pm 2XIMPOTUS o d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs572N9965E

Wow, he is old and so low energy, droning on and on as he reads a teleprompter. How does on watch this and think that he can be POTUS?
Making Low Energy Jeb look pretty spry. I watched a bit of this. Just awful. The media will give him the usual pass and say stuff like, "Trump Goes on Policy Offensive," and other baloney. The entire speech can actually be summarized as "I am really old, and not very sharp."

How? Let me count the ways:

1. He's a demented moron, but if he's President the taxes on my already multi-generational wealth will be minimal.
2. Not sure exactly how, but he's fighting for me and America.
3. He's a moron, but the GOP is my team, so....
4. He's an idiot, but he promised to "cut regulations," which is cool.
5. He says he will deport brown people, and I'm white, so....
6. He's gonna let me have more guns, and no restrictions on carrying and maybe even using them.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Fatso's latest lunacy

Calls for Efficiency Commission Pitched/run by Elon Musk
Just what this country needs more Musk BS

MUAHAHAAAAA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

tRump to win in November?

Pollster Nate Silver predicts Trump poised to win Electoral College amid 'mediocre' Harris polling

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 5aa8&ei=14

Prominent elections analyst and statistician Nate Silver said Wednesday that former President Trump is now electorally favored to defeat Kamala Harris in November by the widest margin in months.

Silver released his latest election forecast, writing on his Substack, "The forecast is still in toss-up range, but Trump’s chances of winning are his highest since July 30," Silver wrote.

Silver's nuanced election forecast model shows Trump's chances of winning the Electoral College have increased from 52.4% to 58.2% since last Thursday. Harris' odds meanwhile, have decreased from 47.3% to 41.6%.

He also noted that Harris seemingly didn't benefit from a DNC bounce as much as election models had predicted.

"There's room to debate the convention bounce stuff, but Harris has been getting a lot of mediocre state polls lately," Silver wrote.

Last week, Silver warned that Harris was poised to be a "slight underdog" in Pennsylvania, whose 19 electoral votes are expected to play a significant part in determining the outcome of the presidential election.

On Wednesday, the polling guru delivered more bad news for the Harris campaign,

writing on X that Michigan could present an "issue" for Harris after weeks of lackluster numbers in the state.

Polling shows Harris holding a slight lead in the battleground state with its 15 electoral votes, a narrow advantage that Silver says should make the Harris campaign nervous.

"National polls and polls of other swing states mostly decent for Harris, but erosion in PA/MI hurts a lot in the model," Silver posted on X. "In MI, the polling average has fallen from Harris +3.1 pre-DNC to Harris +1.9 now."

On Substack, he added, "The fact is that most polls we’ve seen over the past week are coming in below our current polling averages for Kamala Harris."

Addressing voter enthusiasm, Silver said he thinks Harris' decision to skip over Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro as her running mate may hurt her campaign.

"There was a surge of enthusiasm for Harris post-Biden dropout, but that might have happened no matter what. Thought convention speech was good, but bypassing Shapiro beginning to look bad and they haven't really found a 2nd gear after Hot Brat Summer," he wrote on X.

Last month, Silver predicted that Harris is slightly favored to win the presidential election if it were held then, but cautioned the public against relying too much on polls, citing their record of getting it "wrong" when it comes to former President Trump.

"If you have the election tomorrow… I think Harris would be a slight favorite," Silver said at the time. "She has been ahead in most recent polling in the ‘blue wall’ states, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Georgia, North Carolina, Arizona, Nevada all polling in the margin of error range."

"People should remember, though, two things," he added. "One, we have three more months to go. There will be more surprises. And two, the polls have been wrong before. In both the last two general elections they underestimated Trump."

Silver is often correct in his polling analyses. Harris needs to do far more road work in Pennsylvania --- not just Philadelphia. She must win over the suburban and rural districts as well. So many Democrats have been gloating about tRump's troubles and they believe Harris is a cinch to win in November. I am not so sure.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Not remotely a "cinch", and yes a huge amount of 'work' to be done, especially in PA beyond Philly and Pitt.

I don't which Dems are thinking it's a cakewalk, they're still the underdogs given the way the Electoral College is structured and extreme polarization and media bubbles and algo's.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:51 pm Not remotely a "cinch", and yes a huge amount of 'work' to be done, especially in PA beyond Philly and Pitt.

I don't which Dems are thinking it's a cakewalk, they're still the underdogs given the way the Electoral College is structured and extreme polarization and media bubbles and algo's.
I cannot see her (or Biden) winning PA.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:56 pm I cannot see her (or Biden) winning PA.

There's a chance if Gov Shapiro would campaign for her in the counties adjacent to Philly County (I'm thinking of Bucks, Lehigh, Montgomery, etc) as well as in the rural areas and Western counties. The problem with the Democrats is the unwillingness to campaign in rural and suburban areas. All too often they stick to the major cities. Perhaps they feel that their agenda is of limited or of no value to those areas. If so, they are wrong. But they need to spread that message around as nobody else can do it for them.

Earlier today I briefly caught a glance of an online article which said Jill Stein is likely to take votes away from Harris in the Keystone state. Perhaps so but I wonder if people are aware that she has been accused of being a Putin shill:

https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.z8nVnIOQ_ ... ImgDetMain

I wonder what her explanation was for that little get together (?). If they knew of her attachment to him, maybe they would not be so inclined to vote for her.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
ggait

Post by ggait »

NJ Bill and I are both quite worried about PA. Which is the uber swing state this cycle. The winner of PA will have something like a 95% win probability in the EC.

Given PA’s importance, Bill thought it was best to stick with Scranton Joe. Makes a lot of sense.

I thought Harris/Shapiro was the better play than Biden/Harris.

But Harris/Walz did not make any sense to me. Sure there’s historically pretty weak data on veep picks delivering home states. But given the importance of PA and Shapiro’s popularity, why not shoot that shot and see what happens?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Just in time for this election -- Pete Strock & Evelyn Farkas are back on cable tv for the 2024 season of Russia, Russia, Russia,
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 5:56 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 4:51 pm Not remotely a "cinch", and yes a huge amount of 'work' to be done, especially in PA beyond Philly and Pitt.

I cannot see her (or Biden) winning PA.
I dunno, but gotta get it probably.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 11:02 pm Just in time for this election -- Pete Strock & Evelyn Farkas are back on cable tv for the 2024 season of Russia, Russia, Russia,
Manafort, Flynn and Co. all convicted felons....and Strzock getting paid a cool million for getting F'ed with.

Return to “POLITICS”