The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: 2024

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:10 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:48 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 1:09 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:44 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:57 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:44 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:26 am Complete bullsh@t as usual. Trump and LaCivita made this political by using dead warrior gravesites as props for his campaign. Spin away. But the reality is exceedingly simple: he made campaign ads from dead soldiers, immediately after the MOF/CMOH screw up, after the suckers and losers comment, and after diminishing McCain’s ordeal in Vietnam. He’s a gross grifter, and your guy.
His guy and people like him. You are the company you keep.
Why didn't Biden and Harris accept their invitation? Unless you are going to declare openly that the grieving mother of this Marine Sargeant is lying about it? Go ahead... make my day. Do you think she is lying? Is this where the chicken chit TLD comes home to roost?
Try hard to focus: It doesn't matter if there was an invitation. It doesn't matter why Biden may have declined, if in fact he did. I don't care what this woman is saying about invitations and the like. Using dead soldiers' final resting places for political campaigns, or selling books, cars, playing cards, deodorant or bibles is gross.

This was easy for you faux tough guy warriors. All you had to do was say, "Yeah, that's a bit over the line," and everyone would have moved on. Always making -- searching high and low for -- excuses for the Orange God.
The photos were taken by the family of the grieving Marines family. trump was invited to the ceremony and asked to take these pictures with the family. If the photos were taken by the families photographer then no rules of Arlington National Cemetery were violated. Your a lawyer you should know. Is it illegal or against Arlington National Cemetery rules for a grieving family to take pictures of their deceased Marine Sergeant daughter with a former president whom they invited to share their grief and to honor their daughter?
Again, try to focus. You cannot use photos or content from the site for political campaigns. The Trump Campaign did so. The families cannot give permission to violate federal law.

You can’t be this thick. Why the pretzel logic to cauterize this wound for this candidate? Again, this was an easy test to pass. You, YA and Old Gaslighter failed, as most of us would have predicted.
Well the family took photos that they posted to social media. Where else the pictures were posted to was out of their control. Unless your saying that the grieving family of the deceased Marine Sergeant is lying? Is that what your implying with no proof to back it up? The pictures were not taken by trumps people as part of his campaign. Would have been nice for Joe and Kamala to be there as well. Again, unless the family is lying they said they extended an invitation to both people. I'm assuming to extend an invitation of that order it has to go through a senior member of your US Congress representative or United States Senator. I don't think such a request would be made by calling the White House and leaving a message. If the invitation was given someone in the Biden administration received it. If it was received there must be a record of the invitation having been received. Unless of course the family is lying about having sent the invitation.
You really are that thick.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/po ... 998692007/

Goodnight now, time for your nap.
Likethis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9bk2MrMGaA
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:26 am Complete bullsh@t as usual. Trump and LaCivita made this political by using dead warrior gravesites as props for his campaign. Spin away. But the reality is exceedingly simple: he made campaign ads from dead soldiers, immediately after the MOF/CMOH screw up, after the suckers and losers comment, and after diminishing McCain’s ordeal in Vietnam. He’s a gross grifter, and your guy.
Why didn't Biden and Harris accept their invitation? Unless you are going to declare openly that the grieving mother of this Marine Sargeant is lying about it? Go ahead... make my day. Do you think she is lying? Is this where the chicken chit TLD comes home to roost?
Try hard to focus: It doesn't matter if there was an invitation. It doesn't matter why Biden may have declined, if in fact he did. I don't care what this woman is saying about invitations and the like. Using dead soldiers' final resting places for political campaigns, or selling books, cars, playing cards, deodorant or bibles is gross.

This was easy for you faux tough guy warriors. All you had to do was say, "Yeah, that's a bit over the line," and everyone would have moved on. Always making -- searching high and low for -- excuses for the Orange God.
The photos were taken by the family of the grieving Marines family. trump was invited to the ceremony and asked to take these pictures with the family. If the photos were taken by the families photographer then no rules of Arlington National Cemetery were violated. Your a lawyer you should know. Is it illegal or against Arlington National Cemetery rules for a grieving family to take pictures of their deceased Marine Sergeant daughter with a former president whom they invited to share their grief and to honor their daughter?
Again, try to focus. You cannot use photos or content from the site for political campaigns. The Trump Campaign did so. The families cannot give permission to violate federal law.

You can’t be this thick. Why the pretzel logic to cauterize this wound for this candidate? Again, this was an easy test to pass. You, YA and Old Gaslighter failed, as most of us would have predicted.
Well the family took photos that they posted to social media. Where else the pictures were posted to was out of their control. Unless your saying that the grieving family of the deceased Marine Sergeant is lying? Is that what your implying with no proof to back it up? The pictures were not taken by trumps people as part of his campaign. Would have been nice for Joe and Kamala to be there as well. Again, unless the family is lying they said they extended an invitation to both people. I'm assuming to extend an invitation of that order it has to go through a senior member of your US Congress representative or United States Senator. I don't think such a request would be made by calling the White House and leaving a message. If the invitation was given someone in the Biden administration received it. If it was received there must be a record of the invitation having been received. Unless of course the family is lying about having sent the invitation.

The entire day was 'an event' with multiple events in sucession.....in support of the Gold Star families. First the invite, then the arrival, then the ceremony, then the wreath presentation, then the family inviting Trump to Section 60 for photos of their fallen sons and daughters. The latter is the only portion that is in question regarding law, NOT the entire event. Most people can separate issues and not lump them all together to find fault in everything of those to which they disagree...especially the petulance and gaslighting by you, TLC, and MD. If only someone from the current administration were there to support those families, this would have been a great bi-partisan show of solidarity.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

The photos were taken by the family of the grieving Marines family. trump was invited to the ceremony and asked to take these pictures with the family. If the photos were taken by the families photographer then no rules of Arlington National Cemetery were violated. Your a lawyer you should know. Is it illegal or against Arlington National Cemetery rules for a grieving family to take pictures of their deceased Marine Sergeant daughter with a former president whom they invited to share their grief and to honor their daughter? Your is your assertion counselor that the family is lying?
"your"? ;)

I guess my family expresses grief differently; never have we stood over a loved ones gravesite giving our "thumbs up", celebrating their early death.
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

YA, and then Trump made a political advertisement out of content created there. See?

You should be ashamed of yourself.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:39 pm

The entire day was 'an event' with multiple events in sucession.....in support of the Gold Star families. First the invite, then the arrival, then the ceremony, then the wreath presentation, then the family inviting Trump to Section 60 for photos of their fallen sons and daughters. The latter is the only portion that is in question regarding law, NOT the entire event. Most people can separate issues and not lump them all together to find fault in everything of those to which they disagree...especially the petulance and gaslighting by you, TLC, and MD. If only someone from the current administration were there to support those families, this would have been a great bi-partisan show of solidarity.
👍
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Hogwash, it was a campaign/political theater all the way. Certainly the Unknown Soldier part was in the pubkic arena. One of my neighbors is buried in the area in question. J lived in Old Town for decade and was up thete frequently (8 miles to Pentagon). Those I am still in touch with are very POd. If that invitation was spontaneously offered or a set up which i suspect, does not matter the fact is it did not override and rules communicated in advsnce to Trump’s staff
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OCanada wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:05 pm

Hogwash, it was a campaign/political theater all the way. Certainly the Unknown Soldier part was in the pubkic arena. One of my neighbors is buried in the area in question. J lived in Old Town for decade and was up thete frequently (8 miles to Pentagon). Those I am still in touch with are very POd. If that invitation was spontaneously offered or a set up which i suspect, does not matter the fact is it did not override and rules communicated in advsnce to Trump’s staff
He doesn’t care. As long as you smear Karmelah and Old Joe to
score some points on twitter/X that’s all that matters. It’s a political stunt…when has Trump cared about dead soldiers…if it ain’t on TV he can’t be bothered.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

All you have to do is find evidence to back up your claims. You another nutter butter claiming the grieving parents are lying? Show or proof of shut the f**k up. Joe Bidens f***ing stupidity is the reason these 13 members of our military died. Every body in the chain of command up to Loyd Austin knew there would be an attack at Abbey Gate. They were forced to resign themselves to the fact there was nothing they could do to stop it. Worse yet our people guarding Abbey Gate knew they were going to be blown to chit. They were sacrificial lambs because that dumb f***ing sorry ass excuse of a president let them die. Biden had the power to execute this strategic withdrawal in an orderly manner. The minute they gave up Bagram Airfield an orderly withdrawal with proper security was no longer possible. According to Bidens demands it had to be done ASAP with standard protocol and common sense thrown out the window. Those 13 members of our military knew they were likely never going home. BHO said it very well...never underestimate Joe Bidens ability to f**k things up.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:34 pm

All you have to do is find evidence to back up your claims. You another nutter butter claiming the grieving parents are lying? Show or proof of shut the f**k up. Joe Bidens f***ing stupidity is the reason these 13 members of our military died. Every body in the chain of command up to Loyd Austin knew there would be an attack at Abbey Gate. They were forced to resign themselves to the fact there was nothing they could do to stop it. Worse yet our people guarding Abbey Gate knew they were going to be blown to chit. They were sacrificial lambs because that dumb f***ing sorry ass excuse of a president let them die. Biden had the power to execute this strategic withdrawal in an orderly manner. The minute they gave up Bagram Airfield an orderly withdrawal with proper security was no longer possible. According to Bidens demands it had to be done ASAP with standard protocol and common sense thrown out the window. Those 13 members of our military knew they were likely never going home. BHO said it very well...never underestimate Joe Bidens ability to f**k things up.
“You are my density.”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Unless your saying that the grieving family of the deceased Marine Sergeant is lying? Is that what your implying with no proof to back it up?
Cra -- realize that you are maintaining the Secy of the Army is lying about this incident. Is that how you Vets roll?

“Participants in the August 26th ceremony and the subsequent Section 60 visit were made aware of federal laws, Army regulations and DoD policies, which clearly prohibit political activities on cemetery grounds. An ANC employee who attempted to ensure adherence to these rules was abruptly pushed aside,” the Army spokesperson said in the statement on Thursday. Section 60 is an area in the cemetery largely reserved for the graves of those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan.

“This incident was unfortunate, and it is also unfortunate that the ANC employee and her professionalism has been unfairly attacked. ANC is a national shrine to the honored dead of the Armed Forces, and its dedicated staff will continue to ensure public ceremonies are conducted with the dignity and respect the nation’s fallen deserve,” the statement said.

And instead you are throwing in with these folks:

In an apparent attempt to further escalate the situation, Trump co-campaign manager Chris LaCivita posted on X on Thursday afternoon: “Reposting this hoping to trigger the hacks at @SecArmy,” sharing a video from the cemetery and tagging Army Secretary Christine E Wormuth.

Trump’s spokesperson Steven Cheung said “The fact is that a private photographer was permitted on the premises and for whatever reason, an unnamed individual, clearly suffering from a mental health episode, decided to physically block members of President Trump’s team during a very solemn ceremony,” he said.

I thought that you Vets took an oath for "duty, honor, country." But I guess it is more like "party over country." My bad.
Last edited by ggait on Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Slip and fall give ggait a call... he'll get you paid... :D
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:37 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:34 pm

“You are my density.”
My son’s former HS teammate was on the wall of that gate earlier in that fateful day. He didn’t know his fellow servicemen were going to get “blowed up”. His dad was happy Joe got his son out of there. His son had helped people get over that wall before his shift ended.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:02 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 11:54 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:19 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:50 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 1:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:54 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:24 pm

This is the kind of stuff C&S, YI, Old Salt, Petey and people like them support.
Putting Petey aside as he's just a troll and currently in penalty box for 80 days, I'm surprised, but not shocked, that we haven't heard a full throated condemnation of Trump for this from youth, Salty and Cradle, as well all the other ways he's disrespected veterans, especially those who have sacrificed the most.

And no, after getting critiqued for this disrespect, showing up to 'honor' the loss of soldiers who died in the exit of Afghanistan is not remotely evidence that he actually honors such sacrifice. It was blatantly a Campaign photo op, for which he was invited specifically to make a political point (current President and current opposing candidate for President, the VP, were not invited; apparently engineered by GOP House Speaker). Phony on its face, at least as pertains to Trump himself.
So your calling the lady who lost her marine daughter a liar?? I bet you wouldn't say that to her face. :roll:
She didn't say SHE invited Biden and Harris, so it's entirely possible she was misinformed. Or she and those who were involved could blame Biden and Harris which is why they invited Trump, to make a political point. No other feasible reason to invite Trump.

I really doubt the White House would be so definitive if they actually had received an invitation before the event...they'd need to explain why they turned it down, which actually would be pretty simple, but being clear that they didn't is enough for me prior to seeing evidence otherwise.

And no one has produced such proof, nor has the Trump Campaign produced what they claim to be video 'proof' that the altercation didn't happen where they pushed an employee out of the way who was merely attempting to tell them the law prohibited what they did. They claim they have such proof, but nope, they don't so far...

Let's understand who has a long record of incessant lying and who does not...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house- ... D-xfyX3EJj
They interviewed her on the news. She stated quite clearly that her family invited Biden and Harris. So she was lying then or I didn't hear what I heard? I don't know the process for inviting a president and vice president to such an event. There would likely be some sort of a paper trail where the invite was offered. There is probably more to be revealed. trump was invited by the family to attend the grave side ceremony. The Marines mom ASKED trump if he would take pictures. The pictures that were taken, if this grieving mom is not lying, has nothing to do with trumps campaign. She also stated her family posted the pictures on social media. She she may or may not be telling the truth. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. You seem eagerly willing to call her a liar. Why is that? Do you have a hunch? Is it just your nature to make accusations of a grieving family with no proof? :roll: :roll:
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ZwEuzjhnE

She sound apolitical in motivation?

Here's a different perspective:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EVDVaV4T8Q&t=92s

Again, I don't claim that I know that those who invited Trump, organized by Speaker Johnson, are "lying" when they claim Biden and Harris were invited, but I haven't heard any them say "I invited them and this is how..." Nope, what they imply is that someone did but they never claim who or how. So, they may have been misinformed or they are indeed 'lying' to suggest that Biden and Harris are ignoring their grief.

Your subsequent ranting post explains very well why you are assuming that the White House is lying...we get it, you too blame these deaths on Biden and by extension Harris. No blame for Trump, no blame for Taliban. So, go ahead and rant about a tragedy.

Bottomline, Trump used these people's grief and even anger for HIS political purposes. That's against the law. And his Campaign staff assaulted an employee trying to explain that to them so they wouldn't do it. And they claim that too didn't happen and they have "video proof" but fail to share it...these guys are incessant liars...
Kamala made this political, by calling out Trump, which undermined the Goldstar Family Service at ANC

3:43 mark. She says Biden/Harris were invited.

Not the mother, the mother-in-law, and she says "we" not "I". She doesn't say who invited or how, she merely makes the claim that "we invited" them. Perhaps someone told her that they'd been invited and hadn't responded, but she isn't who did it.

Who knows, maybe Speaker Johnson told them...but they don't ever claim a specific person and method of communication...but they do come across as highly partisan, else you wouldn't be inviting a candidate for President at all, you'd invite the sitting President. Or all current and former Presidents. Obama didn't get invited, W Bush didn't get invited and they too set troops to Afghanistan, so it ain't about former Presidents, it's specifically because they support Trump.

And we know that some of them blame Biden for their loved ones' deaths.
She said they were invited. Either prove she was lying or SHUT THE F**K UP!!! I will believe this grieving mother before I will believe you all day long.
Did she tell you that she was the young soldier's mother, cradle?

Again, she very well may have been misinformed. She may very well believe they were invited, but she is definitely not claiming that she did the inviting.

I'm 100% prepared to accept proof that Biden and Harris really did get invited, knew about it, and rejected coming, but no one has shown us that. In the meantime, the White House is categorically denying an invitation was received and rejected. If they're wrong, they'll need to eat some crow, but so far we know that Trump used pictures and video in Campaign ads. Against the law. And quite disgusting. They even called the female employee who attempted to inform them they shouldn't be sending in a video team and photographers "mentally deranged" and at the same time denying there was even an altercation.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 4:49 pm Slip and fall give ggait a call... he'll get you paid... :D
We're certainly not going to call you on a matter of law or principle, much less simple logic.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Harris getting some pretty meh polls in PA. Tied or just ahead by 1 point.

Given that Trump over-performed his polls in 2016 and 2020, that isn't very solid for Harris.

Down to 42% win probability in Silver's model. Because PA is that important. Because Harris' convention bounce is meh. And because RFK Jr. dropping out seems to be helping Trump a bit more than expected.

538 says 55%; Race to WH says 48%; Economist says 50%; Decision Desk HQ says 56%. All trending sideways or down for Harris.

Harris needs a pretty solid W in the debate imo.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

:lol: ...you Trump haters had an impressive self-righteous rant going until the campaign ad with Biden in Section 60 surfaced.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:16 pm Harris getting some pretty meh polls in PA. Tied or just ahead by 1 point.

Given that Trump over-performed his polls in 2016 and 2020, that isn't very solid for Harris.

Down to 42% win probability in Silver's model. Because PA is that important. Because Harris' convention bounce is meh. And because RFK Jr. dropping out seems to be helping Trump a bit more than expected.

538 says 55%; Race to WH says 48%; Economist says 50%; Decision Desk HQ says 56%. All trending sideways or down for Harris.

Campaign is really just getting started.
And ground game is going to matter a ton...that's where I see an advantage for Harris.

I agree the debate may matter, one way or the other...but I doubt it's going to move the needle a ton.

Her 'bounce' was pre Convention.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:21 pm
ggait wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 5:16 pm Harris getting some pretty meh polls in PA. Tied or just ahead by 1 point.

Campaign is really just getting started.
And ground game is going to matter a ton...that's where I see an advantage for Harris.

I agree the debate may matter, one way or the other...but I doubt it's going to move the needle a ton.

Her 'bounce' was pre Convention.
Still needs to maintain a minimum of a +4 margin for the duration, otherwise its most likely curtains for Harris. When you look at 16' and then 20' by contrast, it stands out clear as day.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:14 pm Of course Salty ONLY cares about the deaths and screw ups that happen under Dem leadership. Abbey Gate is the new Benghazi obviously. Salty's vision is completely and always distorted by his Maga glasses. As we all have learned over and over and over and over the past several years.

While he was there at Arlington, how come Trump didn't visit the graves of any of the 65 soldiers who died on his watch? Trump, like Salty, only cares about partisanship. So of course you would not grieve the deaths under Trump. The purpose of the visit was 100% political. Duh obvious. We all see it and know it -- even Salty.

But in true Maga fashion, Salty blindly would never apologize for mis-deeds or mistakes of his side. You always double down, you always project/confess, you are not bound by obvious known facts, and you just don't act in good faith.
Because Trump was there only visiting the graves of the family members who invited him to join them.

Equivocate all you want, but the fact remains -- Biden gave the order to pull out under those conditions. Trump did not.
Biden had no qualms about reversing other Trump policies & decisions. His military chain of command advised him to do so in this case.

The 65 who died on Trump's watch did so in finishing up the fighting against iSIS in Iraq & Syria (caused by Biden's & Obama's premature pull out from Iraq) & drawing down Obama's surge in Afghanistan. There were no US kia in Afghanistan in Trump's final 18 mos in office.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Still needs to maintain a minimum of a +4 margin for the duration, otherwise its most likely curtains for Harris. When you look at 16' and then 20' by contrast, it stands out clear as day.
Totally agree. +2 or 3 points nationally is probably not enough for Harris to win the EC.

+1 in Pa (Silver's current poll average) probably is an EC loss.

Too late to bring Gov. Shapiro in from the bullpen?

Return to “POLITICS”