The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Seacoaster(1)

Re: 2024

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... JjVjejjlPA

"Goldman Sachs Group Inc. economists gamed out the potential economic implications of a Republican or Democratic victory in the November elections, cautioning that US GDP faces a hit in the case of a win for Donald Trump.
“We estimate that if Trump wins in a sweep or with divided government, the hit to growth from tariffs and tighter immigration policy would outweigh the positive fiscal impulse” from maintaining most tax cuts
, Goldman economists including Alec Phillips wrote in a note Tuesday.

Gross domestic product would see a peak hit of 0.5 percentage point in the second half of next year in that scenario, with the effects abating in 2026, the Goldman team estimated. They assumed a 20 percentage-point hike in China tariffs under Trump, along with higher duties on auto imports from Mexico and the European Union, and a reduction in immigration that would slow growth in the labor force.

Should Vice President Kamala Harris win and Democrats secure control of both chambers of Congress, “new spending and expanded middle-income tax credits would slightly more than offset lower investment due to higher corporate tax rates,” the Goldman economists wrote. That would result in “a very slight boost to GDP growth on average over 2025-2026.”

Campaign Comments

If Harris won the White House in a divided-government scenario, where Republicans control at least one chamber of Congress, “the effects of policy changes would be small and neutral on net,” Phillips and his colleagues wrote.

The Trump campaign said forecasters failed to anticipate the pickup in growth that followed his victory in 2016. “These Wall Street elites would be wise to review the record and acknowledge the shortcomings of their past work if they’d like their new forecasts to be seen as credible,” said Brian Hughes, a senior advisor on the campaign.

Harris campaign spokesperson Joe Costello said that “right, left, or center, experts agree that Trump is threatening an economic disaster” of skyrocketing unemployment, an inflation “bomb,” exploding debt and a potential recession.

Immigration Outlook

With President Joe Biden already having taken steps to tighten immigration, Goldman expects a Harris administration to oversee a slowdown in new arrivals to 1.5 million a year — still higher than the pre-pandemic average of around 1 million. A Trump administration would likely prompt a sharper slowdown, to 1.25 million or — if Republicans take Congress and boost resources for enforcement — 750,000 a year.

A surge in immigration is viewed by many economists as having contributed to strong US employment growth in recent years, in the face of high interest rates.

“We estimate that the contribution from immigration to labor force growth if Harris wins would be 10,000 per month higher than if Trump wins with divided government,” and 30,000 a month higher than if Republicans sweep, Goldman’s economists wrote.

In trade policy, Goldman said it’s not expecting further tariff increases should Harris win.

Trump’s likely tariff hikes on China, the EU and Mexico would lead to an inflationary bump, with a peak impact of 30 to 40 basis points on the Federal Reserve’s preferred price gauge, the bank’s economists wrote. An additional 10% universal tariff, which the GOP candidate has floated, would have a bigger impact though it would take longer."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:26 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:35 am He’s also the only person that can disparage a dead Navy pilot by making a DEI reference.
You don't get it. It was not disparaging a pilot. It was a criticism of Navy leadership for bending to political pressure, ignoring warnings from her instructors & documented shortfalls in her landing performance & putting her in a situation which exceeded her abilities. She should have assigned to an EA-6B squadron, an aircraft that is less demanding than the F-14 & similar to the EA-6A she was already flying. ...but then, the Air Force would have beaten the Navy in the race to have the first woman fighter pilot.
Blah blah blah…. She was a DEI fatality.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:42 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:35 am He’s also the only person that can disparage a dead Navy pilot by making a DEI reference.
You don't get it. It was not disparaging a pilot. It was a criticism of Navy leadership for bending to political pressure, ignoring warnings from her instructors & documented shortfalls in her landing performance & putting her in a situation which exceeded her abilities. She should have assigned to an EA-6B squadron, an aircraft that is less demanding than the F-14 & similar to the EA-6A she was already flying. ...but then, the Air Force would have beaten the Navy in the race to have the first woman fighter pilot.
She was an excellent pilot who was a victim of misguided DEI, ...before the term existed.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:49 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:42 am
She was an excellent pilot who was a victim of misguided DEI, ...before the term existed.
She the only pilot that died in a fighter jet in training? Not sure why you retroactively applied DEI to something that happened 30 years ago…. You azss
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Promising Pilots Died

This problem carried on throughout the 1990s. Even more aviators complained that the F-14 was a handful to fly at low speed and low altitude – necessitating extreme care on a carrier take-off and landing. One tragedy happened to the Navy’s first woman carrier aviator. Lt. Kara Hultgreen fatally crashed her F-14 off San Diego during a routine patrol when she tried to land on the USS Abraham Lincoln in 1994.

The Navy determined that the TF30 engine was at fault and did not include pilot error as some suspected. Her F-14 lost power in one engine. This and other accidents had Congress wanting to investigate the engines in 1995.

Old Salt blames DEI.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:57 am Promising Pilots Died

This problem carried on throughout the 1990s. Even more aviators complained that the F-14 was a handful to fly at low speed and low altitude – necessitating extreme care on a carrier take-off and landing. One tragedy happened to the Navy’s first woman carrier aviator. Lt. Kara Hultgreen fatally crashed her F-14 off San Diego during a routine patrol when she tried to land on the USS Abraham Lincoln in 1994.

The Navy determined that the TF30 engine was at fault and did not include pilot error as some suspected. Her F-14 lost power in one engine. This and other accidents had Congress wanting to investigate the engines in 1995.

Old Salt blames DEI.
The F-14 was the most challenging aircraft ever, to land on an aircraft carrier. That's why so many pilots who had grades high enough to qualify for jets & fighters washed out during F-14 carrier quals. That's not a knock on the pilots. I inherited a first tour pilot who washed out of F-14's because of night carrier landing scores. He was my best pilot. He then transitioned to C-130's in the Navy's Antarctic Support Squadron, where he earned an Air Medal for an especially harrowing mission "on the ice".

The other woman F-14 pilot selected with Kara Hultgreen was grounded during her deployment because of consistently low, erratic. landing scores.
She had the lowest landing scores in the entire air wing. She completed her obligated service flying shore based aircraft, then went on to be an author & motivational speaker, advertising herself as the Navy's first woman fighter pilot.

Subsequently, women pilots selected competitively, based on grades in flight training, qualified without incident in F-14's & then F-18's.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:16 am So STFU and GFY.
Same to you Popeye - looks like it's time to open another can of spinach. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:18 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 7:57 am Promising Pilots Died

Old Salt blames DEI.
The F-14 was the most challenging aircraft ever, to land on an aircraft carrier. That's why so many pilots who had grades high enough to qualify for jets & fighters washed out during F-14 carrier quals. That's not a knock on the pilots. I inherited a first tour pilot who washed out of F-14's because of night carrier landing scores. He was my best pilot. He then transitioned to C-130's in the Navy's Antarctic Support Squadron, where he earned an Air Medal for an especially harrowing mission "on the ice".

The other woman F-14 pilot selected with Kara Hultgreen was grounded during her deployment because of consistently low, erratic. landing scores.
She had the lowest landing scores in the entire air wing. She completed her obligated service flying shore based aircraft, then went on to be an author & motivational speaker, advertising herself as the Navy's first woman fighter pilot.

Subsequently, DEI pilots selected competitively, based on grades in flight training, qualified without incident in F-14's & then F-18's.
Fixed it for you….It killed mostly men.

These engines, originally designed for the troubled F-111B, were prone to compressor stalls and other failures, leading to the loss of around 40 F-14s and causing numerous accidents, including the tragic death of Lt. Kara Hultgreen, the Navy's first female carrier aviator.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Am surprised there aren't a half dozen crashes/deaths per cruise, landing on a carrier is pretty crazy stuff, couldn't put a number on how many times I've watched it. Now throw a little weather on top of it.
Beginning in July 1972, Intrepid participated once again in NATO exercises, visiting Copenhagen, Rotterdam, Bergen, Brussels, Portsmouth and Gourock. Intrepid found herself in the Barents and made round the clock flight operations as she was above the Arctic Circle.
I'm a Bluenose (got a card and everything)!!!
https://navycrow.com/what-in-the-blue-h ... %20Rednose,
Our berthing compartment was directly below the arresting cables, awful lot of noise going on there when that plane hits and the tailhook grabs (hopefully) that cable. Not thinking that was a good spot to put a division that worked port and starboard (8 on, 8 off) while at sea.
Just a little insignificant input, now back at each other's throats.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:44 am Am surprised there aren't a half dozen crashes/deaths per cruise, landing on a carrier is pretty crazy stuff, couldn't put a number on how many times I've watched it. Now throw a little weather on top of it.
Beginning in July 1972, Intrepid participated once again in NATO exercises, visiting Copenhagen, Rotterdam, Bergen, Brussels, Portsmouth and Gourock. Intrepid found herself in the Barents and made round the clock flight operations as she was above the Arctic Circle.
I'm a Bluenose (got a card and everything)!!!
https://navycrow.com/what-in-the-blue-h ... %20Rednose,
Our berthing compartment was directly below the arresting cables, awful lot of noise going on there when that plane hits and the tailhook grabs (hopefully) that cable. Not thinking that was a good spot to put a division that worked port and starboard (8 on, 8 off) while at sea.
Just a little insignificant input, now back at each other's throats.
Here you go….Out of the 40 crashes it was proven DEI was the problem.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Sep 04, 2024 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Interesting outcome with Alexa....more shenanigans? https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1830966887636967615

Plenty of others in the thread.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 1:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:54 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:24 pm

This is the kind of stuff C&S, YI, Old Salt, Petey and people like them support.
Putting Petey aside as he's just a troll and currently in penalty box for 80 days, I'm surprised, but not shocked, that we haven't heard a full throated condemnation of Trump for this from youth, Salty and Cradle, as well all the other ways he's disrespected veterans, especially those who have sacrificed the most.

And no, after getting critiqued for this disrespect, showing up to 'honor' the loss of soldiers who died in the exit of Afghanistan is not remotely evidence that he actually honors such sacrifice. It was blatantly a Campaign photo op, for which he was invited specifically to make a political point (current President and current opposing candidate for President, the VP, were not invited; apparently engineered by GOP House Speaker). Phony on its face, at least as pertains to Trump himself.
So your calling the lady who lost her marine daughter a liar?? I bet you wouldn't say that to her face. :roll:
She didn't say SHE invited Biden and Harris, so it's entirely possible she was misinformed. Or she and those who were involved could blame Biden and Harris which is why they invited Trump, to make a political point. No other feasible reason to invite Trump.

I really doubt the White House would be so definitive if they actually had received an invitation before the event...they'd need to explain why they turned it down, which actually would be pretty simple, but being clear that they didn't is enough for me prior to seeing evidence otherwise.

And no one has produced such proof, nor has the Trump Campaign produced what they claim to be video 'proof' that the altercation didn't happen where they pushed an employee out of the way who was merely attempting to tell them the law prohibited what they did. They claim they have such proof, but nope, they don't so far...

Let's understand who has a long record of incessant lying and who does not...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house- ... D-xfyX3EJj
They interviewed her on the news. She stated quite clearly that her family invited Biden and Harris. So she was lying then or I didn't hear what I heard? I don't know the process for inviting a president and vice president to such an event. There would likely be some sort of a paper trail where the invite was offered. There is probably more to be revealed. trump was invited by the family to attend the grave side ceremony. The Marines mom ASKED trump if he would take pictures. The pictures that were taken, if this grieving mom is not lying, has nothing to do with trumps campaign. She also stated her family posted the pictures on social media. She she may or may not be telling the truth. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. You seem eagerly willing to call her a liar. Why is that? Do you have a hunch? Is it just your nature to make accusations of a grieving family with no proof? :roll: :roll:
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9ZwEuzjhnE

She sound apolitical in motivation?

Here's a different perspective:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EVDVaV4T8Q&t=92s

Again, I don't claim that I know that those who invited Trump, organized by Speaker Johnson, are "lying" when they claim Biden and Harris were invited, but I haven't heard any them say "I invited them and this is how..." Nope, what they imply is that someone did but they never claim who or how. So, they may have been misinformed or they are indeed 'lying' to suggest that Biden and Harris are ignoring their grief.

Your subsequent ranting post explains very well why you are assuming that the White House is lying...we get it, you too blame these deaths on Biden and by extension Harris. No blame for Trump, no blame for Taliban. So, go ahead and rant about a tragedy.

Bottomline, Trump used these people's grief and even anger for HIS political purposes. That's against the law. And his Campaign staff assaulted an employee trying to explain that to them so they wouldn't do it. And they claim that too didn't happen and they have "video proof" but fail to share it...these guys are incessant liars...
njbill

Post by njbill »

Plus, they claimed the cemetery employee had a mental illness. Despicable. Really beyond despicable.
Typical Lax Dad

njbill wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:05 am Plus, they claimed the cemetery employee had a mental illness. Despicable. Really beyond despicable.
Old Salt, C&S, YI, Petey and people like them would disagree.

“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:50 am

This is the kind of stuff C&S, YI, Old Salt, Petey and people like them support.
Putting Petey aside as he's just a troll and currently in penalty box for 80 days, I'm surprised, but not shocked, that we haven't heard a full throated condemnation of Trump for this from youth, Salty and Cradle, as well all the other ways he's disrespected veterans, especially those who have sacrificed the most.

And no, after getting critiqued for this disrespect, showing up to 'honor' the loss of soldiers who died in the exit of Afghanistan is not remotely evidence that he actually honors such sacrifice. It was blatantly a Campaign photo op, for which he was invited specifically to make a political point (current President and current opposing candidate for President, the VP, were not invited; apparently engineered by GOP House Speaker). Phony on its face, at least as pertains to Trump himself.
So your calling the lady who lost her marine daughter a liar?? I bet you wouldn't say that to her face. :roll:
She didn't say SHE invited Biden and Harris, so it's entirely possible she was misinformed. Or she and those who were involved could blame Biden and Harris which is why they invited Trump, to make a political point. No other feasible reason to invite Trump.

I really doubt the White House would be so definitive if they actually had received an invitation before the event...they'd need to explain why they turned it down, which actually would be pretty simple, but being clear that they didn't is enough for me prior to seeing evidence otherwise.

And no one has produced such proof, nor has the Trump Campaign produced what they claim to be video 'proof' that the altercation didn't happen where they pushed an employee out of the way who was merely attempting to tell them the law prohibited what they did. They claim they have such proof, but nope, they don't so far...

They interviewed her on the news. She stated quite clearly that her family invited Biden and Harris. So she was lying then or I didn't hear what I heard? I don't know the process for inviting a president and vice president to such an event. There would likely be some sort of a paper trail where the invite was offered. There is probably more to be revealed. trump was invited by the family to attend the grave side ceremony. The Marines mom ASKED trump if he would take pictures. The pictures that were taken, if this grieving mom is not lying, has nothing to do with trumps campaign. She also stated her family posted the pictures on social media. She she may or may not be telling the truth. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. You seem eagerly willing to call her a liar. Why is that? Do you have a hunch? Is it just your nature to make accusations of a grieving family with no proof? :roll: :roll:
This one?

Again, I don't claim that I know that those who invited Trump, organized by Speaker Johnson, are "lying" when they claim Biden and Harris were invited, but I haven't heard any them say "I invited them and this is how..." Nope, what they imply is that someone did but they never claim who or how. So, they may have been misinformed or they are indeed 'lying' to suggest that Biden and Harris are ignoring their grief.

Your subsequent ranting post explains very well why you are assuming that the White House is lying...we get it, you too blame these deaths on Biden and by extension Harris. No blame for Trump, no blame for Taliban. So, go ahead and rant about a tragedy.

Bottomline, Trump used these people's grief and even anger for HIS political purposes. That's against the law. And his Campaign staff assaulted an employee trying to explain that to them so they wouldn't do it. And they claim that too didn't happen and they have "video proof" but fail to share it...these guys are incessant liars...
Kamala made this political, by calling out Trump, which undermined the Goldstar Family Service at ANC

3:43 mark. She says Biden/Harris were invited.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

Complete bullsh@t as usual. Trump and LaCivita made this political by using dead warrior gravesites as props for his campaign. Spin away. But the reality is exceedingly simple: he made campaign ads from dead soldiers, immediately after the MOF/CMOH screw up, after the suckers and losers comment, and after diminishing McCain’s ordeal in Vietnam. He’s a gross grifter, and your guy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:19 am

This one?

The US military made this political, by calling out Trump in writing for deliberately violating Arlington Rules.
Fixed it for you.

OS finally copped to what we obviously know is true: you cats don't actually care about this military decorum stuff. You're just running your mouths to score political points, and the conversation has NOTHING to do with Vets or active troops. And that's fine, but you chaps aren't fooling anyone with this "woe is me, support the troops! I think I'm gonna faint over this faux pas" BS.

Now that we know this, we can shut the BS down. The list of stuff you guys ACTUALLY care about is getting shorter by the day....maybe stop clicking on this stuff so it goes away faster? Just a suggestion.
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:26 am Complete bullsh@t as usual. Trump and LaCivita made this political by using dead warrior gravesites as props for his campaign. Spin away. But the reality is exceedingly simple: he made campaign ads from dead soldiers, immediately after the MOF/CMOH screw up, after the suckers and losers comment, and after diminishing McCain’s ordeal in Vietnam. He’s a gross grifter, and your guy.
His guy and people like him. You are the company you keep.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:19 am

This one?

Kamala made this political, by calling out Trump, which undermined the Goldstar Family Service at ANC

3:43 mark. She says Biden/Harris were invited.

Not the mother, the mother-in-law, and she says "we" not "I". She doesn't say who invited or how, she merely makes the claim that "we invited" them. Perhaps someone told her that they'd been invited and hadn't responded, but she isn't who did it.

Who knows, maybe Speaker Johnson told them...but they don't ever claim a specific person and method of communication...but they do come across as highly partisan, else you wouldn't be inviting a candidate for President at all, you'd invite the sitting President. Or all current and former Presidents. Obama didn't get invited, W Bush didn't get invited and they too set troops to Afghanistan, so it ain't about former Presidents, it's specifically because they support Trump.

And we know that some of them blame Biden for their loved ones' deaths.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:44 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 10:26 am Complete bullsh@t as usual. Trump and LaCivita made this political by using dead warrior gravesites as props for his campaign. Spin away. But the reality is exceedingly simple: he made campaign ads from dead soldiers, immediately after the MOF/CMOH screw up, after the suckers and losers comment, and after diminishing McCain’s ordeal in Vietnam. He’s a gross grifter, and your guy.
His guy and people like him. You are the company you keep.
Why didn't Biden and Harris accept their invitation? Unless you are going to declare openly that the grieving mother of this Marine Sargeant is lying about it? Go ahead... make my day. Do you think she is lying? Is this where the chicken chit TLD comes home to roost?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”