The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: 2024

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 1:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:54 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:24 pm

This is the kind of stuff C&S, YI, Old Salt, Petey and people like them support.
Putting Petey aside as he's just a troll and currently in penalty box for 80 days, I'm surprised, but not shocked, that we haven't heard a full throated condemnation of Trump for this from youth, Salty and Cradle, as well all the other ways he's disrespected veterans, especially those who have sacrificed the most.

And no, after getting critiqued for this disrespect, showing up to 'honor' the loss of soldiers who died in the exit of Afghanistan is not remotely evidence that he actually honors such sacrifice. It was blatantly a Campaign photo op, for which he was invited specifically to make a political point (current President and current opposing candidate for President, the VP, were not invited; apparently engineered by GOP House Speaker). Phony on its face, at least as pertains to Trump himself.
So your calling the lady who lost her marine daughter a liar?? I bet you wouldn't say that to her face. :roll:
She didn't say SHE invited Biden and Harris, so it's entirely possible she was misinformed. Or she and those who were involved could blame Biden and Harris which is why they invited Trump, to make a political point. No other feasible reason to invite Trump.

I really doubt the White House would be so definitive if they actually had received an invitation before the event...they'd need to explain why they turned it down, which actually would be pretty simple, but being clear that they didn't is enough for me prior to seeing evidence otherwise.

And no one has produced such proof, nor has the Trump Campaign produced what they claim to be video 'proof' that the altercation didn't happen where they pushed an employee out of the way who was merely attempting to tell them the law prohibited what they did. They claim they have such proof, but nope, they don't so far...

Let's understand who has a long record of incessant lying and who does not...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house- ... D-xfyX3EJj
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

What a dirt bag….
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Biden 2020 campaign ad showing VP Biden at Arlington Cemetery, Section 60, in 2010.

https://x.com/JerryDunleavy/status/1829168540114669941
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:57 pm Biden 2020 campaign ad showing VP Biden at Arlington Cemetery, Section 60, in 2010.

Was he fighting the staff….. shill.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:05 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:57 pm Biden 2020 campaign ad showing VP Biden at Arlington Cemetery, Section 60, in 2010.

Did the Dept of the Army approve the use of that photo of Section 60 in a campaign ad, 10 years later ?

In May 2020 (the date of that campaign ad), Trump was the serving Pres & Biden was a candidate & former VP.

Where was the outrage then ?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:10 pm

Did the Dept of the Army approve the use of that photo of Section 60 in a campaign ad, 10 years later ?
So you refuse to condemn what Trump did.

Yet you're on here throwing stones when a Dem does it.

Why do you keep doing this? This is just standard issue stuff we're asking of you, os. You claim to be a conservative American veteran who takes this military stuff seriously....you REFUSE to simply say what Trump did was wrong. And then not 24 hours later, you're on here with PLENTY of time to throw stones at Biden.

Come on man. We're not asking for unreasonable behavior here. Just tell us "yes, what Trump does was wrong. No whataboutisms. No Dems are bad.

Just call a strike a strike. Please.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:14 pm

Why do you keep doing this? This is just standard issue stuff we're asking of you, os. You claim to be a conservative American veteran who takes this military stuff seriously....you REFUSE to simply say what Trump did was wrong. And then not 24 hours later, you're on here with PLENTY of time to throw stones at Biden.

Come on man. We're not asking for unreasonable behavior here. Just tell us "yes, what Trump does was wrong. No whataboutisms. No Dems are bad.

I'm condemning neither. The whole issue is stupid. The whole issue is a wild pitch. A contrived controversy.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:19 pm

I'm condemning neither. The whole issue is stupid. The whole issue is a wild pitch. A contrived controversy.
Well, this is how you wind up feeling ganged up on when you're just being intentionally vague. You ignore Trump and then bring up Biden here....we're not mind readers. I'm trying to get back to posting about real stuff, and having actual cordial discussions.

Walz was a contrived controversy, too, but there's no point in rehashing that.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:58 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 11:19 pm

Well, this is how you wind up feeling ganged up on when you're just being intentionally vague. You ignore Trump and then bring up Biden here....we're not mind readers. I'm trying to get back to posting about real stuff, and having actual cordial discussions.

Walz was a contrived controversy, too, but there's no point in rehashing that.
I was not intentionally vague. I simply posted the facts.
You have a closed mind & jumped to a conclusion -- as usual. Ready. Fire. Aim.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Did Biden break the law/rules when said photo was taken 14 years ago?

You present no evidence of that. Which is so on brand for a sleaze bag Maga troll gaslighting apologist.

The presence of the uniformed service man in the photo would seem to indicate that all rules/laws were followed and that the taking of the photo was authorized. FYI, in 2010 Biden would have been there as a sitting federal office holder.

And note that the 2020 video includes specific legal disclaimers about the use of DOD content. So that looks lawful as well.

So STFU and GFY.

Boycott stupid.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:01 am I was not intentionally vague. I simply posted the facts.
Oh, yes you were intentionally vague.

You don't get it: what spurs you to post tells us what and how you think. It's a tell. And also what you ignore.

You can only "post facts", and completely reveal your world view, OS. For whatever reason, you don't understand that.
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:01 am You have a closed mind
Again...this is your idea of polite?

Have a nice evening....
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:50 am
old salt wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:01 am I was not intentionally vague. I simply posted the facts.

You don't get it: what spurs you to post tells us what and how you think. It's a tell. And also what you ignore.

You can only "post facts", and completely reveal your world view, OS. For whatever reason, you don't understand that.

Have a nice evening....
He’s also the only person that can disparage a dead Navy pilot by making a DEI reference.
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

ggait wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:20 am

You present no evidence of that. Which is so on brand for a sleaze bag Maga troll gaslighting apologist.

The presence of the uniformed service man in the photo would seem to indicate that all rules/laws were followed and that the taking of the photo was authorized. FYI, in 2010 Biden would have been there as a sitting federal office holder.

And note that the 2020 video includes specific legal disclaimers about the use of DOD content. So that looks lawful as well.

So STFU and GFY.

Boycott stupid.
No surprise from Popeye the sailor man - troll extraordinaire. Must have had two cans of spinach today. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everything is black & white - no gradients

Orange Fatso and his crowd are still the cats meow for him.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 1:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:54 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:24 pm

This is the kind of stuff C&S, YI, Old Salt, Petey and people like them support.
Putting Petey aside as he's just a troll and currently in penalty box for 80 days, I'm surprised, but not shocked, that we haven't heard a full throated condemnation of Trump for this from youth, Salty and Cradle, as well all the other ways he's disrespected veterans, especially those who have sacrificed the most.

And no, after getting critiqued for this disrespect, showing up to 'honor' the loss of soldiers who died in the exit of Afghanistan is not remotely evidence that he actually honors such sacrifice. It was blatantly a Campaign photo op, for which he was invited specifically to make a political point (current President and current opposing candidate for President, the VP, were not invited; apparently engineered by GOP House Speaker). Phony on its face, at least as pertains to Trump himself.
So your calling the lady who lost her marine daughter a liar?? I bet you wouldn't say that to her face. :roll:
She didn't say SHE invited Biden and Harris, so it's entirely possible she was misinformed. Or she and those who were involved could blame Biden and Harris which is why they invited Trump, to make a political point. No other feasible reason to invite Trump.

I really doubt the White House would be so definitive if they actually had received an invitation before the event...they'd need to explain why they turned it down, which actually would be pretty simple, but being clear that they didn't is enough for me prior to seeing evidence otherwise.

And no one has produced such proof, nor has the Trump Campaign produced what they claim to be video 'proof' that the altercation didn't happen where they pushed an employee out of the way who was merely attempting to tell them the law prohibited what they did. They claim they have such proof, but nope, they don't so far...

Let's understand who has a long record of incessant lying and who does not...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/white-house- ... D-xfyX3EJj
They interviewed her on the news. She stated quite clearly that her family invited Biden and Harris. So she was lying then or I didn't hear what I heard? I don't know the process for inviting a president and vice president to such an event. There would likely be some sort of a paper trail where the invite was offered. There is probably more to be revealed. trump was invited by the family to attend the grave side ceremony. The Marines mom ASKED trump if he would take pictures. The pictures that were taken, if this grieving mom is not lying, has nothing to do with trumps campaign. She also stated her family posted the pictures on social media. She she may or may not be telling the truth. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. You seem eagerly willing to call her a liar. Why is that? Do you have a hunch? Is it just your nature to make accusations of a grieving family with no proof? :roll: :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

JD really is the asshat you margined:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/art ... re_btn_url

“Of Afghans who assisted US troops during the occupation of that country who were now seeking to come to America, Vance asked whether “certain groups of people can successfully become American citizens”, and said those hostile to Minneapolis’s Somali American community “don’t like people getting hatcheted in the street in [their] own community”.

““He appeals to evangelicals with the message that we find happiness by fulfilling traditional gender roles, which is a cornerstone of white evangelical Christianity. He also speaks to a misogynist trend emerging out of the tech world among people who would prefer not to talk about any kind of diversity at all.”

“What they share is the view that women shouldn’t be in paid work: they should be in the home and rearing children. But the public line isn’t ‘we hate women’, it’s ‘women will be happier if they stay at home’,” she added.”

“In the recording, Vance repeatedly offered a dark vision of the lives of women who prioritized their professional careers.

At about 39 minutes into the recording, when asked what he saw inside elite institutions like Yale Law School that made him view them as corrupt, Vance answered: “You have women who think that truly the liberationist path is to spend 90 hours a week working in a cubicle at McKinsey instead of starting a family and having children.”

Vance added: “What they don’t realize – and I think some of them do eventually realize that, thank God – is that that is actually a path to misery. And the path to happiness and to fulfillment is something that these institutions are telling people not to do.”

He wants us to dial back to, say, 1952. Maybe he thinks Brown v. Topeka Board of Education was wrongly decided too? Old Salt’s kind of guy.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

To repeat again for the cement heads on this forum. Those 13 members of our military would still be alive today if their CiC wasn't a dumb f**k with no concept of what a strategic withdrawal is. Here is some advice that Bidens advisers probably gave him. In a strategic withdrawal you never tell the bad actors what you are going to do, when you are going to do it and where it will happen. Dumb F**k Joe was under no obligation to adhere to any timeline put forth by his predecessor. He did have an obligation to the military personnel in Afghanistan to make their strategic withdrawal on our own terms. Maybe someone in a leadership position should have informed Dumb F**k Joe about what happened in Saigon in 1975?? When Dumb F**k Joe allowed Bagram Air Base to be shut down he backed the US military into a corner. There was no longer an option where we could secure and control our strategic withdrawal on our own terms. That is the catastrophic and chaotic result when the sorry ass sitting president is a DUMB F**K. :twisted:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 6:02 am
ggait wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:20 am

So STFU and GFY.

Boycott stupid.
No surprise from Popeye the sailor man - troll extraordinaire. Must have had two cans of spinach today. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everything is black & white - no gradients

Orange Fatso and his crowd are still the cats meow for him.
It was illegal for the former CinC of the soldiers in question to use a picture from Section 60 in his campaign,
but somehow, it was ok for the former VP to use a picture from Section 60 in his campaign.

The presence of the families of the soldiers being honored would seem to indicate that all rules.laws were followed and that the taking of the picture was authorized. It's the use of the picture(s) in campaign ads that is in question. Both candidates published a photo & video from Section 60 in campaign ads,

So STFU and GFY.

Boycott stupid double standard gaslighting.
FYI, the photo was used by the Biden campaign in 2020 when Biden was a candidate & not in office.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 3:35 am He’s also the only person that can disparage a dead Navy pilot by making a DEI reference.
You don't get it. It was not disparaging a pilot. It was a criticism of Navy leadership for bending to political pressure, ignoring warnings from her instructors & documented shortfalls in her landing performance & putting her in a situation which exceeded her abilities. She should have assigned to an EA-6B squadron, an aircraft that is less demanding than the F-14 & similar to the EA-6A she was already flying. ...but then, the Air Force would have beaten the Navy in the race to have the first woman fighter pilot.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 12:50 am

Have a nice evening....
When I posted (with respect) that this is hogwash -- that was intentionally vague ?

Return to “POLITICS”