The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

This is the kind of stuff C&S, YI, Old Salt, Petey and people like them support.
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Soft Bigotry of No Expectations on Trump
WaPo has an editorial out, purporting to compare the policy platforms of Donald Trump and Kamala Harris. Its punchline is that Kamala can lift up politics by going deep on policy, something it admits Trump has not done.
Ms. Harris says she wants to elevate American politics, an imperative that Mr. Trump has again shown little interest in. She therefore has an opportunity to lift up her campaign by going deep on substance.
This comparison lists five policies from Trump, seven from the Vice President, plus the common no taxes on tips:

Trump
Building the border wall
Conducting mass deportations
Raising tariffs
Ending the green energy transition
Challenging traditional alliances while going easy on rivals such as Russian President Vladimir Putin

Common
Waiving taxes on tips

Harris
Capping insulin costs
Continuing Biden’s climate plan
Boosting housing supply
Enhancing effective anti-poverty programs such as the child tax credit and the earned-income tax credit
[Protecting] Justice Department independence
Seeking robust protections for reproductive rights
Strengthening U.S. alliances such as NATO

WaPo ignores some obvious policies from Trump, such as his tax cuts for billionaires (though that is alluded to in its observation that Trump would add $5.8 trillion to the nation debt, as compared to $1.2 trillion for Kamala), or his determination to eliminate protections for civil service workers and use DOJ for what he calls revenge but which is in reality forced loyalty. Plus, they count “deport millions” as a stated policy goal of Trump, without noting that he has never provided, never even been asked to provide, details about how he would pay for it, how he’d make up for shortfalls in things like Social Security, how he’d ensure food gets picked and houses get built.

This editorial, on its face, shows that Harris has provided more detail on policy than Trump has.

Yet even though WaPo can identify more policy proposals from Kamala than Trump, it nevertheless holds her accountable for providing more.
Bigotry.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:24 pm

This is the kind of stuff C&S, YI, Old Salt, Petey and people like them support.
Putting Petey aside as he's just a troll and currently in penalty box for 80 days, I'm surprised, but not shocked, that we haven't heard a full throated condemnation of Trump for this from youth, Salty and Cradle, as well all the other ways he's disrespected veterans, especially those who have sacrificed the most.

And no, after getting critiqued for this disrespect, showing up to 'honor' the loss of soldiers who died in the exit of Afghanistan is not remotely evidence that he actually honors such sacrifice. It was blatantly a Campaign photo op, for which he was invited specifically to make a political point (current President and current opposing candidate for President, the VP, were not invited; apparently engineered by GOP House Speaker). Phony on its face, at least as pertains to Trump himself.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:54 am

Putting Petey aside as he's just a troll and currently in penalty box for 80 days, I'm surprised, but not shocked, that we haven't heard a full throated condemnation of Trump for this from youth, Salty and Cradle, as well all the other ways he's disrespected veterans, especially those who have sacrificed the most.

And no, after getting critiqued for this disrespect, showing up to 'honor' the loss of soldiers who died in the exit of Afghanistan is not remotely evidence that he actually honors such sacrifice. It was blatantly a Campaign photo op, for which he was invited specifically to make a political point (current President and current opposing candidate for President, the VP, were not invited; apparently engineered by GOP House Speaker). Phony on its face, at least as pertains to Trump himself.
So your calling the lady who lost her marine daughter a liar?? I bet you wouldn't say that to her face. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
CU88a

Post by CU88a »

This is gut wrenching, he was such a POS 2xIMPOTUS

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... ecord.html
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:09 am The Soft Bigotry of No Expectations on Trump
WaPo has an editorial out, purporting to compare the policy platforms of Donald Trump and Kamala Harris. Its punchline is that Kamala can lift up politics by going deep on policy, something it admits Trump has not done.
Ms. Harris says she wants to elevate American politics, an imperative that Mr. Trump has again shown little interest in. She therefore has an opportunity to lift up her campaign by going deep on substance.
This comparison lists five policies from Trump, seven from the Vice President, plus the common no taxes on tips:

Trump
Building the border wall
Raising tariffs
Challenging traditional alliances while going easy on rivals such as Russian President Vladimir Putin

Common
Waiving taxes on tips

Harris
Capping insulin costs
Boosting housing supply
Enhancing effective anti-poverty programs such as the child tax credit and the earned-income tax credit

WaPo ignores some obvious policies from Trump, such as his tax cuts for billionaires (though that is alluded to in its observation that Trump would add $5.8 trillion to the nation debt, as compared to $1.2 trillion for Kamala), or his determination to eliminate protections for civil service workers and use DOJ for what he calls revenge but which is in reality forced loyalty. Plus, they count “deport millions” as a stated policy goal of Trump, without noting that he has never provided, never even been asked to provide, details about how he would pay for it, how he’d make up for shortfalls in things like Social Security, how he’d ensure food gets picked and houses get built.

This editorial, on its face, shows that Harris has provided more detail on policy than Trump has.

Yet even though WaPo can identify more policy proposals from Kamala than Trump, it nevertheless holds her accountable for providing more.
Bigotry.

I’ve been a server and bartender and don’t like waiving of taxes in tips. Harris especially needs to cut the s**t and stop subsidizing the restaurant industry by allowing the absurdly low wage rates below federal min wage levels. Instead let’s keep that and layer on this tax exemption?

This is what I’m talking about with codified law, doing too much and creating more defaulter capture and arb solely for the benefit of the political class. Note they agree on this!
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 1:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 10:54 am

So your calling the lady who lost her marine daughter a liar?? I bet you wouldn't say that to her face. :roll:
I’ll say it to her face if I think that. Do you believe me?

You talk all this tough guy stuff but I’d lay a note on md in a throwdown. He’d outwit you and end it before you could say “cut that meat!” Something like this institutional video

https://youtu.be/TK0DiMzKVA8?si=9j3uy7Pl4Xn90dfo
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:08 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:09 am The Soft Bigotry of No Expectations on Trump

Trump
Building the border wall
Raising tariffs

Common
Waiving taxes on tips

Harris
Capping insulin costs
Boosting housing supply

Bigotry.

I’ve been a server and bartender and don’t like waiving of taxes in tips. Harris especially needs to cut the s**t and stop subsidizing the restaurant industry by allowing the absurdly low wage rates below federal min wage levels. Instead let’s keep that and layer on this tax exemption?

This is what I’m talking about with codified law, doing too much and creating more defaulter capture and arb solely for the benefit of the political class. Note they agree on this!
This is just more CRT/DEI nonsense…..

https://time.com/5404475/history-tippin ... civil-war/

https://books.google.com/books/about/Ti ... PtAAAAMAAJ
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... on-harris/

"1st Lt. Jimmy McCain, who has served for 17 years in the military and is an intelligence officer, said he was angered by Trump’s conduct at the cemetery last week, adding “it was a violation.”

“It just blows me away,” he told CNN. “These men and women that are laying in the ground there have no choice” about being in a political ad."

He just returned from deployment to Syria -

Go ahead and rip him, too. :oops:
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:19 pm https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... on-harris/

"1st Lt. Jimmy McCain, who has served for 17 years in the military and is an intelligence officer, said he was angered by Trump’s conduct at the cemetery last week, adding “it was a violation.”

“It just blows me away,” he told CNN. “These men and women that are laying in the ground there have no choice” about being in a political ad."[/]

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It was the prerogative of the parents of their marine daughter to invite trump to the ceremony. Trump was invited and accepted the families invitation to honor their daughter. The mother also said that the family also invited Biden and Harris. They chose not to go. Biden and Harris claim they were never invited. Only 2 possibilities here, the parents are lying or Biden and Harris are lying. Take your pick who you choose to believe.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:37 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:19 pm https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... on-harris/

“It just blows me away,” he told CNN. “These men and women that are laying in the ground there have no choice” about being in a political ad."[/]

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It was the prerogative of the parents of their marine daughter to invite trump to the ceremony. Trump was invited and accepted the families invitation to honor their daughter. The mother also said that the family also invited Biden and Harris. They chose not to go. Biden and Harris claim they were never invited. Only 2 possibilities here, the parents are lying or Biden and Harris are lying. Take your pick who you choose to believe.

Thanks for missing the entire point yet again. Your streak remains intact. :oops:

What about ALL the other gold star families who would never consider to be used in this fashion?
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Sep 03, 2024 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 4:37 pm

That's not the problem, and it would be REAL helpful if you, OS, and YA would cop to what the problem is.

The problem is that the Trump Campaign violated Military rules when THEY.....not the family.....THE TRUMP CAMPAIGN aired footage from the visit as a campaign tool.

This ain't opinion: this was in direct violation of Arlington rules, and a disgusting thing to do.

All you have to do is say 'yes it was", stop being stubborn (we all do it), and move on. ;)
njbill

Post by njbill »

As I said, the main issue to me was the Trump staffers shoving (that is, assaulting) the cemetery employee. The staffers should be arrested and prosecuted, notwithstanding the fact that the cemetery employee doesn’t want to press charges. You don’t need her testimony to press charges. You simply need an eyewitness or video.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:18 pm

Trump
Building the border wall
Raising tariffs

Common
Waiving taxes on tips

Harris
Capping insulin costs
Boosting housing supply

Bigotry.

Never knew or saw that side of it so thanks. Mainly I don’t like the distortion in price discovery for the cost of dining out and other outcomes by carving out this ridiculous exception.

But…what are the Dems doing not trying to eridacwt this exception from the min wage laws and code but rather reinforcing it by going down this tax exemption path? Still a subsidy and transfer to restaurant owners, who have high fail rates and the worst default profile under subsidized SBA as it is?
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

njbill wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 5:59 pm As I said, the main issue to me was the Trump staffers shoving (that is, assaulting) the cemetery employee. The staffers should be arrested and prosecuted, notwithstanding the fact that the cemetery employee doesn’t want to press charges. You don’t need her testimony to press charges. You simply need an eyewitness or video.
One day these thugs going to get their ass whipped. Literally.

Habitual kine stepping gambling fakers. Will become Karen victims thisquick too whining and crying like babies you know it.
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:09 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 3:18 pm

Trump
Building the border wall
Raising tariffs

Common
Waiving taxes on tips

Harris
Capping insulin costs
Boosting housing supply

Bigotry.

Never knew or saw that side of it so thanks. Mainly I don’t like the distortion in price discovery for the cost of dining out and other outcomes by carving out this ridiculous exception.

But…what are the Dems doing not trying to eridacwt this exception from the min wage laws and code but rather reinforcing it by going down this tax exemption path? Still a subsidy and transfer to restaurant owners, who have high fail rates and the worst default profile under subsidized SBA as it is?
I had not paid any attention at all to what the Dems are proposing. I am in set and forget mode. I just saw the issue of tips and figured I would drops some CRT/DEI stuff. I found it interesting. I never knew the history of tipping but now that I do, I can’t say that I am surprised.

BTW, my friend to my wife and friend here for dinner….

https://to-restaurant.com/en/

I left a 20% tip….my friend pick it all up except for 5 Euros and said that’s enough…a couple other places would not take a tip. The waiter said, it’s his obligation to provide good service…not to provide good service for extra money….I can’t go and pickup takeout here without a prompt to tip.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:37 pm

I left a 20% tip….my friend pick it all up except for 5 Euros and said that’s enough…a couple other places would not take a tip. The waiter said, it’s his obligation to provide good service…not to provide good service for extra money….I can’t go and pickup takeout here without a prompt to tip.
How was To?

Any other eats you had that you could recommend? Will be there in a couple of months.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:53 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 6:37 pm

How was To?

Any other eats you had that you could recommend? Will be there in a couple of months.
To was excellent. We did the 6 course meal. Everything was excellent. Here is another spot:

https://www.relaisdulouvre.com/en/chez- ... montlhery/

This is where cooks and waitstaff from other restaurants go to eat when they are off…

In 2022 we stayed at my friend’s apartment in the heart of this neighborhood on rue mouffetard. Last month we stayed at a small hotel on the street next to her apartment. Great food right out the door and a nice circle at the top of the road with great cafes surrounding the plaza. It was my daily hang.

https://www.mytravelingjoys.com/2017/01 ... s.html?m=1
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”