Recruiting

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Relax77

Re: Recruiting

Post by Relax77 »

Penn State with their first commit from the sunshine state.
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

Lazyeyedgoalie wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 10:03 am
Kleizaster wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:41 am
whyamihere wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:22 am
Kleizaster wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 5:30 pm Reese to MD
So did CR just go into her daughters room at midnight and ask her if she wanted to go the MD?
Basically. Maybe a brand new car her senior year in exchange for her commitment.

all joking aside, legacy coach's daughters live and breath these schools. Wouldn't go anywhere else if you offered them a million dollars
Guess stony brook didnt offer 1MM🤷🏻‍♂️
Ha ! Came here to say this 🤔.
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

Maci Mueller to CUSE.

looks like Syracuse will have a decent class with alot of good players. But i don't think they'll land any of the top players
LaxUpstate

Post by LaxUpstate »

Elizabeth Smith to UNC
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Though I don't have a dog in the fight for this round of recruiting, though I'd pass on some tidbits i've heard over the past 2 days from some 26 parents who reached out to this "experienced" recruiting parent.

- Many full rides are being offered, not just by top 10 schools.

- Its not just the top 100 players who getting these offers. One girl from my daughter's club who didn't get invited to BIC, JO or American Select have multiple full ride offers from schools in the 45-60 range.

- However, lots of these full rides are exploding offers. Eg we need you to commit by next Sunday or we move on to someone else. We still want you, but the offer will be less. I expect IG to blow up Sunday with commits.

- JMU, Coastal and Ohio State going HAM with offers.

- At least one top 25 coach said they are targeting a recruiting class of 6 or 7. This school usually takes 11 or 12. Said they are "focusing" on quality.

- Noone has heard from Georgetown, including some legacy kids on top 20 club teams.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:41 pm Though I don't have a dog in the fight for this round of recruiting, though I'd pass on some tidbits i've heard over the past 2 days from some 26 parents who reached out to this "experienced" recruiting parent.

- Its not just the top 100 players who getting these offers. One girl from my daughter's club who didn't get invited to BIC, JO or American Select have multiple full ride offers from schools in the 45-60 range.

- However, lots of these full rides are exploding offers. Eg we need you to commit by next Sunday or we move on to someone else. We still want you, but the offer will be less. I expect IG to blow up Sunday with commits.

- At least one top 25 coach said they are targeting a recruiting class of 6 or 7. This school usually takes 11 or 12. Said they are "focusing" on quality.

- Noone has heard from Georgetown, including some legacy kids on top 20 club teams.
Has Georgetown even named an interim???
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

LaxDadMax wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:41 pm Though I don't have a dog in the fight for this round of recruiting, though I'd pass on some tidbits i've heard over the past 2 days from some 26 parents who reached out to this "experienced" recruiting parent.

I figured this was the route things were going. I discussed this a few weeks ago but i didn't think it would be happening this fast..Honestly good for the players. But i fear mismanagement of this will break some programs
Codylax14

Post by Codylax14 »

Waht does going HAM mean with offers?
uncfan1013

Post by uncfan1013 »

UNC’s first commit is Elizabeth Smith, 5-star midfielder.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Codylax14 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:14 pm Waht does going HAM mean with offers?
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=HAM
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

:lol:

going crazy. overdone
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

uncfan1013 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:17 pm UNC’s first commit is Elizabeth Smith, 5-star midfielder.
right out of Syracuse's backyard. Could be significant and a sign of a trend to come. we'll see
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Kleizaster wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:31 pm
uncfan1013 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 4:17 pm UNC’s first commit is Elizabeth Smith, 5-star midfielder.
right out of Syracuse's backyard. Could be significant and a sign of a trend to come. we'll see
Will be interesting to see if they can land Powell or Rothfuss.
Codylax14

Post by Codylax14 »

not really understanding the significance of the stars granted those are greaat lax girls but a lot are missing from that list you had to pay for eval or go to event not everyone does it
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Kleizaster wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:51 pm

I figured this was the route things were going. I discussed this a few weeks ago but i didn't think it would be happening this fast..Honestly good for the players. But i fear mismanagement of this will break some programs
This is a poor development for players. It’s probably better than offering rising sophomores like when my d1 daughter went through the process 8 years ago—-but the pressure it puts on young women and their families is a bummer. For those families who need every single dollar of aid for the their daughter’s educations, then an early grab at a full ride may end up being worth it.
But my experience (my daughters and many other friends daughters over the years) is that patience pays off IF you can afford it. Focus on the intersection of those schools that show interest and those schools you would actually want your daughter to attend irrespective of whether she ever sets foot on the lacrosse field. And the odds are that things will work out with respect to the program and enough money to make it work.

My 2 cents…
Lazyeyedgoalie

Post by Lazyeyedgoalie »

H ard
A s a
M otherfer
laxfan9999

Post by laxfan9999 »

Ella Upchurch to Clemson.
BigRedChant

Post by BigRedChant »

School wants you… You like the school…

Happy for these girls to earn what they have so worked so hard to achieve

I don’t understand any negativity around these early decisions
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Codylax14 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:05 pm not really understanding the significance of the stars granted those are greaat lax girls but a lot are missing from that list you had to pay for eval or go to event not everyone does it
You don't have to pay for a rankings. Also, inside lacrosse is at Juniors Open and Best In Class. Fair to say, any player in the running for top 100 players in the class attended at least one of them.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

BigRedChant wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 5:24 pm School wants you… You like the school…

Happy for these girls to earn what they have so worked so hard to achieve

I don’t understand any negativity around these early decisions
I agree. Especially since they are throwing money around like candy on Halloween. Kids should know what their dream schools are at this point. If that school offers on Sept 1, so be it. If that’s where you want to go, take it. Most kids are making lists of reach, fit and safety schools. Now if a school that you didn’t visit and never emailed or wanted is contacting you on Sept 1 with an offer and you’re taking it, that’s a big difference. But I don’t that is the case.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”