D1 Womens Lacrosse
Fischer

Re: Recruiting

Post by Fischer »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:37 pm
spidey44 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:25 pm
Relax77 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 7:09 pm
spidey44 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:56 pm
LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:49 pm Two year in a row, USF gets the worst lax dad of the class.

Mindy and hubby found their sweet spot.

Apparently they don’t believe that 4 clubs in 3 years is a red flag.
Who’s the 25 dad? As Relax said the 25 mom isn’t there anymore 🤣
Pretty sure it wasn’t a 25 and he was referring to Brett.
Ah makes sense. Wasn’t sure lol.

Going out on a limb here, I think USF is offering full rides. Based on what we saw on our visit they are going all in on athletics. I certainly could be off base but based on the quick commits, that’s what it looks like.
It may be. I know of a girl who got contacted by Mindy last month and they upped her offer to full out of the blue.
Tuition is cheap! She can hand out full rides all day Their OOS is cheaper than most in state tuitions everywhere else
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

BigRedChant wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:13 pm USF out of state tuition is listed as 17,3- so without scholarship limits - this is pretty cheap compared to most schools that big time lacrosse. I kinda hope they are offering full rides
Am I wrong? Didn’t USF have a lot of decommits?
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

McLax9777 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:17 pm
BigRedChant wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:13 pm USF out of state tuition is listed as 17,3- so without scholarship limits - this is pretty cheap compared to most schools that big time lacrosse. I kinda hope they are offering full rides
Indeed And so many questionable things But dangle a money carrot and people forget
Dad2laxgirls

Post by Dad2laxgirls »

LaxDadMax wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:50 pm
Dad2laxgirls wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:47 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:01 pm This is interesting for USF, especially after all the off field issues we've heard about the past year. atleast the recruits seem to think they've been resolved.

That New Facility is also working it's magic
Sure it’s a great facility but aren’t they already over the potential roster limit with their current roster and their 25’s? How confident is anyone to commit when they might get booted to hit 38? Am I not understanding the rules right?
USF won’t be subject to the 38 rule but everything else you said is right.
Why aren’t they held to that. Do all new programs get a pass?
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Just about 7 I think. Which for the 26 season would leave them sitting at 44 kids. The problem would be only 3 kids are 22s, so if they go and grab a significant amount of 26s, they would be closer to 50 for the 27 year season. They have money to burn so if playing time isn’t a problem, what do they care. Getting a full ride at the beach.
Relax77

Post by Relax77 »

Dad2laxgirls wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:36 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:01 pm This is interesting for USF, especially after all the off field issues we've heard about the past year. atleast the recruits seem to think they've been resolved.

Sure it’s a great facility but aren’t they already over the potential roster limit with their current roster and their 25’s? How confident is anyone to commit when they might get booted to hit 38? Am I not understanding the rules right?
Not power 5. Doesn’t pertain to them. A hem. Power 4 in wlax.
Last edited by Relax77 on Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Kleizaster wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 6:17 pm Allison Hankins to Cuse
Ashley Egbert to MD

Good start for MD. Might end up being their best class in a while
Toby Bergstrom - defense to Md
Womenslaxxfan

Post by Womenslaxxfan »

Relax77 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:38 pm

I don’t understand the allure of usf. It’s the 90th ranked university in the country—and its alumni base and network is overwhelmingly Florida based. Only 8 percent of students are from out of state.
Is it 100 percent the money? Is it the opportunity to play division 1 lacrosse?
Because it’s certainly not about using lacrosse as a way to get into a school you otherwise wouldn’t get into. They have a 45 percent t acceptance rate….
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

But it could. Non Power 5 can opt-in to the revenue sharing/roster limits. Based on what I'm seeing, I'm guessing USF is aiming for that. Also hearing from some family members that are big ACC donors, that USF is gunning to be added as full members (once Clemson and FSU leave). We'll see...
SweeptheLeg

Post by SweeptheLeg »

Just about 7 I think. Which for the 26 season would leave them sitting at 44 kids. The problem would be only 3 kids are 22s, so if they go and grab a significant amount of 26s, they would be closer to 50 for the 27 year season. They have money to burn so if playing time isn’t a problem, what do they care. Getting a full ride at the beach.
I suspect USF will fully fund 38 scholarships. They aren’t building the new football and wlax only stadium to not go all in on the sport. They already fully fund the Alston Award for their players, which provides athletes up to $5890 per year in cash for achieving a minimum GPA, which most, if not all will meet.

I think USF will start to operate closer to the roster limit of 38. They have aspirations of playing in the ACC or Big12. They need to be ready when conference realignment starts to take shape. I think a player or two will be encouraged to enter the December transfer portal to get them drown to 38 players for their inaugural season. When their 2025s come in they will need to cut 7-8 players to get down to 38.

As others have noted, USF will not be required to do this, but it will not surprise me to see it happen. The 23/24 commits should not get too comfortable. If there are no cuts after this season the team will be carrying 45 players. This will probably be one of the biggest D1 rosters. Depending on how many USF recruits in the 2026 class they could be carrying 48-52 players when that class arrives. This takes into consideration those graduating in the next two years. This is way too big.

The dam will burst at some point. I think it’s reasonable to expect USF will cut 5-8 players in each of the next two years. That will be a tough situation for those players currently there or just getting ready to join the team.
BigRedChant

Post by BigRedChant »

Once FSU and Clemson leave- UNC and UVA are probably out the door and the Big12 are probably taking 4 more. So it will be a shell of what we know as the ACC.
BigRedChant

Post by BigRedChant »

Regardless of what conference USF is in eventually - on Sep 1- it is an awesome accomplishment to get committed D1 to a school that obviously cares about lacrosse.
McLax9777

Post by McLax9777 »

AreaLax wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:38 pm
Ashley Egbert to MD

MD coming out hot
CnyLax

Post by CnyLax »

BigRedChant wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:09 pm Once FSU and Clemson leave- UNC and UVA are probably out the door and the Big12 are probably taking 4 more. So it will be a shell of what we know as the ACC.
Haha..The Big 12 isnt taking anything from ACC. One conference has a network and one doesn't.
UpDownLax

Post by UpDownLax »

McLax9777 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:17 pm
AreaLax wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:38 pm
Ashley Egbert to MD

MD coming out hot
Maryland is going to recruit very well this year. One of the benefits of the head coach being around this kids for years with her daughter in the class. It also help that said child is one of the tops in the class and can recruit her friends and players she has meet at every event.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

SweeptheLeg wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:09 pm
I suspect USF will fully fund 38 scholarships. They aren’t building the new football and wlax only stadium to not go all in on the sport. They already fully fund the Alston Award for their players, which provides athletes up to $5890 per year in cash for achieving a minimum GPA, which most, if not all will meet.

I think USF will start to operate closer to the roster limit of 38. They have aspirations of playing in the ACC or Big12. They need to be ready when conference realignment starts to take shape. I think a player or two will be encouraged to enter the December transfer portal to get them drown to 38 players for their inaugural season. When their 2025s come in they will need to cut 7-8 players to get down to 38.

As others have noted, USF will not be required to do this, but it will not surprise me to see it happen. The 23/24 commits should not get too comfortable. If there are no cuts after this season the team will be carrying 45 players. This will probably be one of the biggest D1 rosters. Depending on how many USF recruits in the 2026 class they could be carrying 48-52 players when that class arrives. This takes into consideration those graduating in the next two years. This is way too big.

The dam will burst at some point. I think it’s reasonable to expect USF will cut 5-8 players in each of the next two years. That will be a tough situation for those players currently there or just getting ready to join the team.
before yesterday, you didn't even realize usf wasn't subject to the house settlement, when several of us explained it to you. even IF the settlement is even approved and a rule is made, it may be challenged immediately. and usf has signalled nada about opting in. your rank speculation here is pretty off the rails. carry on.
spidey44

Post by spidey44 »

Re USF. I’ve mentioned this before since I think they get a bad rap and we had good experiences with them - they didn’t dick around with us….current roster 39. Seniors/grads 5. Incoming class 8. So 4 girls will need to be trimmed. You figure a couple Current freshmen will quit/transfer. I really don’t understand why USF continually gets singled out. There are plenty of schools that will be in the same boat. I know some don’t think so, but I fully believe they will opt-in to revenue sharing and abide by roster limits (if it happens). And if it doesn’t, the. Low 40s roster size isn’t absurd. Now as Relax said, they could end up pushing 50. For what it’s worth, talking with a friend with a 24 at USF, word is they are only taking 6 26s. Which does seem low with the fast start they’ve had. But we’ll see.

Again, our family had a good experience with USF staff, but it didn’t work out. But nothing bad to say about them. I understand that not everyone had the same experience as we did.
RollTheCrease

Post by RollTheCrease »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:49 pm
SweeptheLeg wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:09 pm

before yesterday, you didn't even realize usf wasn't subject to the house settlement, when several of us explained it to you. even IF the settlement is even approved and a rule is made, it may be challenged immediately. and usf has signalled nada about opting in. your rank speculation here is pretty off the rails. carry on.
Seems like a reasonable assessment of USFs situation. Why would they carry a roster of 45-52 players? May not be what players and parents want to hear, but players will be cut over the next two years.
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

Ashley Egbert to MD

Congrats to Cuse. First big surprise of the season. Shocked she won’t take an ND visit, let alone commit

Not a good sign for the Irish when you get can’t a top 50 recruit who is a legacy on campus
LaxDadMax

Post by LaxDadMax »

BigRedChant wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:09 pm Once FSU and Clemson leave- UNC and UVA are probably out the door and the Big12 are probably taking 4 more. So it will be a shell of what we know as the ACC.
What conference wants FSU? Miami and UNC much more likely to leave than FSU.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”