The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2024

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I just saw Comrade Kamala Harris’ answer to a very weakly-phrased question ... her answer rambled incoherently, and declared her ‘values haven’t changed.’ On that I agree, her values haven’t changed — The Border is going to remain open, not closed, there will be Free Healthcare for Illegal Aliens, Sanctuary Cities, No Cash Bail, Gun Confiscation, Zero Fracking, a Ban on Gasoline-Powered Cars, Private Healthcare will be abolished, a 70-80% tax rate will be put in place, and she will Defund the Police,” he wrote. “America will become a WASTELAND!”

Petey, Yout, OS, C&S and Kram’s editorial commentary
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:00 pm You can't opt out of paying social security my man. It won't tell you where you worked but it will verify the money was taken out of your paycheck. I was surprised when I did my search that it went back to 1974.
Some jobs you still can opt out, like various city and local government jobs and some religious jobs. Some states you used to be able to opt out of any job. I'm not sure when they stopped that or when she was working there as I don't care.

But yes, in general, these days you can't opt out.
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:26 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:00 pm You can't opt out of paying social security my man. It won't tell you where you worked but it will verify the money was taken out of your paycheck. I was surprised when I did my search that it went back to 1974.
Some jobs you still can opt out, like various city and local government jobs and some religious jobs. Some states you used to be able to opt out of any job. I'm not sure when they stopped that or when she was working there as I don't care.

Cash. Period.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:26 pm

I couldn't agree with you more. I can care less when she worked there.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

LaxFan2311 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:07 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:01 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:10 am :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yeah. Boycott stupid — the maxim that never tires.
Fine with me. The funny thing is you all can’t handle the truth. That’s why you support censorship on this platform and social media etc. Enjoy your echo chamber of lies and bigotry.
I'm setting the over/under on Petey's next suspension at Sunday 5 PM ET.

Which way you guys going?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:19 pm “I just saw Comrade Kamala Harris’ answer to a very weakly-phrased question ... her answer rambled incoherently, and declared her ‘values haven’t changed.’ On that I agree, her values haven’t changed — The Border is going to remain open, not closed, there will be Free Healthcare for Illegal Aliens, Sanctuary Cities, No Cash Bail, Gun Confiscation, Zero Fracking, a Ban on Gasoline-Powered Cars, Private Healthcare will be abolished, a 70-80% tax rate will be put in place, and she will Defund the Police,” he wrote. “America will become a WASTELAND!”

Petey, Yout, OS, C&S and Kram’s editorial commentary
If words are supposed to mean something I'm merely repeating what she said at last nights softball game. She said plainly and clearly that her values haven't changed but her policies have. That is rather hard to believe because in the world of Kamala Harris her values are the fundamental building blocks of her policies. A leopard can't change it's spots . Now she has to convince the people of Pennsylvania that she really isn't against fracking while having stated unequivocally in the past she is fundamentally against it. A cynical person would consider such a statement as pandering to the citizens of the Keystone State because she probably can't win the presidential race without winning Pennsylvania. A point I'm certain that trumps team will hammer her over mercilessly in the next couple months. I'm about as willing to believe anything she says as your willing to believe anything trump says. :D
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
ggait

Post by ggait »

McDonald’s is a multinational corporation. They have records of everyone who’s ever been employed by them. They have no record of DEI ( Did Not Earn It) Harris working there. Her supposedly working there is a vital portion of her campaign. She is a liar, a horrible one at that.
No one can be sure if Harris did/did not sling fries at Mickey D's.

But FYI, 95% of McDonalds stores in the USA are operated by independent franchisees.

So extremely unlikely that Harris would have been an actual employee of McDonalds Corp. And also unlikely that the small business owner operating that particular McD franchise 45 years ago in NoCal would still be alive. Much less have W-2 records (which would have been in paper form) still around.

C'mon Petey. If you are going to troll us, at least try not to completely suck at it!

Be better!!!!!
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:53 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:41 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:01 am
ggait wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:31 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:49 am
Looks like our hero MD has some misogynistic tendencies running through his veins. ;) Imagine judging a woman by her appearance!!
Yep....and not one of his comrades around here called him on it.
Well, that's it; not voting for MDLaxFan in 2024.

Meanwhile, the great warrior coalition on Fanlax is OK with photo ops at the gravesites of our dead soldiers.
Come on MD. Beyond the pale. Knock it off.

Please just keep it to your usual chatter about BJs.

Thanks ggait
:lol:

For cradle’s benefit, I explained that the comment about right wing hand signals was prompted by Saltys posts, specifically about those women and another joke about them looking like cult members. My follow up joke about the one gal was that she has Serena Joy vibe. If you have seen Handmaiden’s Tale, which I strongly recommend, you would know that could be seen a compliment not insult on “appearance”. Not so much on the character’s choices though!

Good thing I’m not running for office :D, how could I compete with Donald and JD after offending women?
Your missing the trump tactical objective. Your whining about the blasphemy done at Arlington. I'm guessing that trump will use these photos to accomplish one goal. Joe Bidens stupidity in his chaotic, ill conceived withdrawal from Afghanistan is attempting to passed along to Harris. These photos do a remarkable amount of damage to Harris campaign if repeated over and over and constantly hammered into the American psyche. Team Harris does not want to have to deal with Bidens incompetency. I don't see how her campaign can effectively dodge this issue. So far the only excuse team Biden/Harris have brought forward is they were only abiding by the agreement that trump made. That of course is pure bullchit. Joe Biden was the CiC. He was free to follow the advice given to him by his generals. He chose to ignore any advice given and do things his way. Bidens failure is now Kamala's failure. These photos at Arlington will bring that home every time they are shown by team trump over the next couple of months. You may be appalled at the strategy. When your opponent gives you a weakness you keep hammering it home.
[/quote]

Yes, that’s the right wing attack point, ignoring Trump’s ineptitude and feckless agreement with the Taliban, ignoring the Afghan government and our allies.

But ok, while I think Biden steamed over the generals who expected him, despite his instructions, to back off on total withdrawal, and that did leave to a chaotic, and sadly fatal for 13 service members, conclusion, their argument remains that there have been no subsequent American deaths there.

I didn’t agree with the decision to fully depart, but I do think the argument the right wing attempts is a flat one, given…Trump.

But hey, your Chinese cult feed is happy to see Americans divided.
[/quote]

I'm just sharing with you what I think team trumps strategy might be. After 3 and a half years many Americans might have forgotten about Bidens embarrassing mishandling of our troops withdrawal. Harris has to either throw Biden under the bus or try and find a way to explain this collosal failure to the American voters who are undecided. The strategy is politically quiete sound. I expect Harris to be hammered non stop about it from now until election day. She has to find a strategy to disassociate herself from Joe Biden. Unless she has the silver tongue to explain it. I don't think she can pull that off. She already has an ever increasing number of things to try and explain about her previous record. When your saying stuff like her values haven't changed but her policies have that comes across as political double talk. Her handlers must have thrown up in their mouths when she said that.🤮
[/quote]

ohh, they'll try...it just falls quite flat.
I don't think they will or want or have to "disassociate" from Biden. Everything about her says "change" and "forward" relative to both Biden and Trump.
She needn't disavow a darn thing, as those who would demand such ain't voting for her anyway.

This is a turnout election, with moderate but exhausted by Trump voters up for grabs.
Fresh and positive will pull quite well those actually able to be pulled.

Her loyalty to Joe is admirable amongst that set, and no one actually expects her policy choices going forward to be identical to all the policy choices made during the Biden or Obama Admins. She's spelling out where she will focus het attention and how she views the international scene. Like it or not, those are her positions.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:37 pm
LaxFan2311 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:07 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 12:01 pm
ggait wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 10:10 am :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Yeah. Boycott stupid — the maxim that never tires.
Fine with me. The funny thing is you all can’t handle the truth. That’s why you support censorship on this platform and social media etc. Enjoy your echo chamber of lies and bigotry.
I'm setting the over/under on Petey's next suspension at Sunday 5 PM ET.

Which way you guys going?
under. Total nonsense and outright lying are the definition of Putinesque trolling.
Petey just can't help himself.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:58 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 1:13 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:53 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:41 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:01 am
ggait wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:31 am
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:49 am
Looks like our hero MD has some misogynistic tendencies running through his veins. ;) Imagine judging a woman by her appearance!!
Yep....and not one of his comrades around here called him on it.
Well, that's it; not voting for MDLaxFan in 2024.

Meanwhile, the great warrior coalition on Fanlax is OK with photo ops at the gravesites of our dead soldiers.
Come on MD. Beyond the pale. Knock it off.

Please just keep it to your usual chatter about BJs.

Thanks ggait

For cradle’s benefit, I explained that the comment about right wing hand signals was prompted by Saltys posts, specifically about those women and another joke about them looking like cult members. My follow up joke about the one gal was that she has Serena Joy vibe. If you have seen Handmaiden’s Tale, which I strongly recommend, you would know that could be seen a compliment not insult on “appearance”. Not so much on the character’s choices though!

Good thing I’m not running for office :D, how could I compete with Donald and JD after offending women?
Your missing the trump tactical objective. Your whining about the blasphemy done at Arlington. I'm guessing that trump will use these photos to accomplish one goal. Joe Bidens stupidity in his chaotic, ill conceived withdrawal from Afghanistan is attempting to passed along to Harris. These photos do a remarkable amount of damage to Harris campaign if repeated over and over and constantly hammered into the American psyche. Team Harris does not want to have to deal with Bidens incompetency. I don't see how her campaign can effectively dodge this issue. So far the only excuse team Biden/Harris have brought forward is they were only abiding by the agreement that trump made. That of course is pure bullchit. Joe Biden was the CiC. He was free to follow the advice given to him by his generals. He chose to ignore any advice given and do things his way. Bidens failure is now Kamala's failure. These photos at Arlington will bring that home every time they are shown by team trump over the next couple of months. You may be appalled at the strategy. When your opponent gives you a weakness you keep hammering it home.
Yes, that’s the right wing attack point, ignoring Trump’s ineptitude and feckless agreement with the Taliban, ignoring the Afghan government and our allies.

But ok, while I think Biden steamed over the generals who expected him, despite his instructions, to back off on total withdrawal, and that did leave to a chaotic, and sadly fatal for 13 service members, conclusion, their argument remains that there have been no subsequent American deaths there.

I didn’t agree with the decision to fully depart, but I do think the argument the right wing attempts is a flat one, given…Trump.

But hey, your Chinese cult feed is happy to see Americans divided.
[/quote]

I'm just sharing with you what I think team trumps strategy might be. After 3 and a half years many Americans might have forgotten about Bidens embarrassing mishandling of our troops withdrawal. Harris has to either throw Biden under the bus or try and find a way to explain this collosal failure to the American voters who are undecided. The strategy is politically quiete sound. I expect Harris to be hammered non stop about it from now until election day. She has to find a strategy to disassociate herself from Joe Biden. Unless she has the silver tongue to explain it. I don't think she can pull that off. She already has an ever increasing number of things to try and explain about her previous record. When your saying stuff like her values haven't changed but her policies have that comes across as political double talk. Her handlers must have thrown up in their mouths when she said that.🤮
[/quote]

ohh, they'll try...it just falls quite flat.
I don't think they will or want or have to "disassociate" from Biden. Everything about her says "change" and "forward" relative to both Biden and Trump.
She needn't disavow a darn thing, as those who would demand such ain't voting for her anyway.

This is a turnout election, with moderate but exhausted by Trump voters up for grabs.
Fresh and positive will pull quite well those actually able to be pulled.

Her loyalty to Joe is admirable amongst that set, and no one actually expects her policy choices going forward to be identical to all the policy choices made during the Biden or Obama Admins. She's spelling out where she will focus het attention and how she views the international scene. Like it or not, those are her positions.
[/quote]

To quote Ronald Reagan..." There you again". I'm rather fond of my Chinese news feed just like I'm fond of Chinese shrimp fried rice. Try it you might like it. I'll bet you don't even know how to use chopsticks 🥢. :D
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

This is exactly the mentality that pervades MAGA...no matter who it hurts, don't apologize.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/30/politics ... ost-digvid
Seacoaster(1)

Post by Seacoaster(1) »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:20 pm This is exactly the mentality that pervades MAGA...no matter who it hurts, don't apologize.

“I like Vance.”

Old Salt.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 7:33 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:21 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:39 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:36 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:54 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:51 pm
Seacoaster(1) wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:01 am From the Times article:

In a statement from Sergeant Marckesano’s relatives after being contacted by The New York Times, his sister, Michele, said, “We fully support Staff Sergeant Darin Hoover’s family and the other families in their quest for answers and accountability regarding the Afghanistan withdrawal and the tragedy at Abbey Gate.”

“However,” she added, “according to our conversation with Arlington National Cemetery, the Trump campaign staffers did not adhere to the rules that were set in place for this visit to Staff Sergeant Hoover’s gravesite in Section 60, which lays directly next to my brother’s grave.”

Sergeant Marckesano’s sister continued, “We hope that those visiting this sacred site understand that these were real people who sacrificed for our freedom and that they are honored and respected accordingly.”

Apologists, carry on.

Postscript from Vance:

Vance: “You’re acting like Donald Trump filmed a TV commercial at a gravesite. He was there providing emotional support to brave Americans who lost loved ones and there happened to be a camera there.”

He was filming a TV commercial at a gravesite.
... yup!
Why wasn’t Joe and Kamala there?
... they didn't approach the family to support this stunt, Trump did! He needs something to wash the taste of calling their sons and daughters losers and suckers out of their mouths. I am certain, this didn't do the job. Looks like Alfred E. Newman giving a thumbs up in the photo. The man has no concept of social grace. :roll:

Neither do his apologists apparently.
They don’t respect the military like Trump does.
There is no bottom. Not one Republican will object to Trump breaking military ethics rules at freaking Arlington, of all places.

After lecturing the world about honor in service when it came to Walz not five F'ing minutes ago.

These people can't go ten minutes without some kind of hypocrisy.
:roll: ...climb down off your high horse. Trump was invited there by the family. They wanted a photo with him as a keepsake. That does not make it an "official photo" which is what the rule prohibition stipulates. Will the Army now be prohibiting selfies by visiting families ? Listen to today's DoD presser. The Army says the matter is closed. DoD just wants it to go away, but the media hacks won't let go.
Apparently Old Salsa is exceptionally late to this debate, and comes “armed” with the Trump talking points.

It was not permitted by law. His campaign assaulted a woman trying to enforce the rules. They put other gravestones in the photo. He gave the thumbs up over the resting place of a dead servicewoman. They made advertisements for social media out of the content created at ANC.

You’re simply a piece of sh@t on the same order as your Orange God. A sad, old satire of a man and brother in arms.
:lol: ...FU. Trump was there at the request of the families. They wanted the pictures. It's their call not yours. There's nothing disrespectful about the picture. Trump was their son's CinC. They were grateful for his presence. You're just whining because it helps Trump politically.
Typical Lax Dad

Seacoaster(1) wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 4:37 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 3:20 pm This is exactly the mentality that pervades MAGA...no matter who it hurts, don't apologize.

“I like Vance.”

Old Salt.
Like the Trump t-shirt says: I don’t give a Fkcu about your feelings”….
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:30 pm :lol:

In a statement from Sergeant Marckesano’s relatives after being contacted by The New York Times, his sister, Michele, said, “We fully support Staff Sergeant Darin Hoover’s family and the other families in their quest for answers and accountability regarding the Afghanistan withdrawal and the tragedy at Abbey Gate.”

“However,” she added, “according to our conversation with Arlington National Cemetery, the Trump campaign staffers did not adhere to the rules that were set in place for this visit to Staff Sergeant Hoover’s gravesite in Section 60, which lays directly next to my brother’s grave.”

Sergeant Marckesano’s sister continued, “We hope that those visiting this sacred site understand that these were real people who sacrificed for our freedom and that they are honored and respected accordingly.”

Apologists, carry on.

Postscript from Vance:

Vance: “You’re acting like Donald Trump filmed a TV commercial at a gravesite. He was there providing emotional support to brave Americans who lost loved ones and there happened to be a camera there.”

... yup!
... they didn't approach the family to support this stunt, Trump did! He needs something to wash the taste of calling their sons and daughters losers and suckers out of their mouths. I am certain, this didn't do the job. Looks like Alfred E. Newman giving a thumbs up in the photo. The man has no concept of social grace. :roll:

There is no bottom. Not one Republican will object to Trump breaking military ethics rules at freaking Arlington, of all places.

After lecturing the world about honor in service when it came to Walz not five F'ing minutes ago.

:roll: ...climb down off your high horse. Trump was invited there by the family. They wanted a photo with him as a keepsake. That does not make it an "official photo" which is what the rule prohibition stipulates. Will the Army now be prohibiting selfies by visiting families ? Listen to today's DoD presser. The Army says the matter is closed. DoD just wants it to go away, but the media hacks won't let go.
Apparently Old Salsa is exceptionally late to this debate, and comes “armed” with the Trump talking points.

It was not permitted by law. His campaign assaulted a woman trying to enforce the rules. They put other gravestones in the photo. He gave the thumbs up over the resting place of a dead servicewoman. They made advertisements for social media out of the content created at ANC.

You’re simply a piece of sh@t on the same order as your Orange God. A sad, old satire of a man and brother in arms.
:lol: ...FU. Trump was there at the request of the families. They wanted the pictures. It's their call not yours. There's nothing disrespectful about the picture. Trump was their son's CinC. They were grateful for his presence. You're just whining because it helps Trump politically.
OS, respectfully, you KNOW what the problem was here.

The problem is that the TrumpCampaign ran the Video of the event. Not the family. If it was just the family, and we never heard about it, no one would care.

Just agree for once: it was disgusting that the TrumpCampaign ran that video when they CLEARLY knew that was against Military regulations, and was disrespectful to the fallen.

Just say "you're right" and move on. Please.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:34 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 5:30 pm :lol:

Apologists, carry on.

Postscript from Vance:

... yup!

OS, respectfully, you KNOW what the problem was here.

The problem is that the TrumpCampaign ran the Video of the event. Not the family. If it was just the family, and we never heard about it, no one would care.

Just agree for once: it was disgusting that the TrumpCampaign ran that video when they CLEARLY knew that was against Military regulations, and was disrespectful to the fallen.

Just say "you're right" and move on. Please.
He won’t be cowed. He has the right to be just as dishonest as the next guy.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

And Trump is apparently now blaming the family? Lol
Typical Lax Dad

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:41 pm And Trump is apparently now blaming the family? Lol
They invited him.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Ladies and gentlemen, the next President of The United States of America…..Donald J. Trump
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Jack Is wrong. Our MAGA military wing supports him.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”