Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Mueller Report and Impeachment

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:57 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:16 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:57 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:48 am I’m with you on the last bit, as long as the china being broken is neither the law nor ethics. Plenty of entrepreneurial types achieve success without cutting legal and ethical corners.

Yes, bureaucrat would probably be a more appropriate word than politician to describe your point. Or maybe ‘institutionalist’.

But in Mueller ‘s case, you’d need to also call him a leader and a highly effective prosecutor. Lots of ‘bureaucrats ‘ just push paper, never achieve much. That’s not Mueller.
And to be further clear, Trump’s an enormous failure as an an entrepreneur or business man. Rather he’s a con man, a cheat. Daddy ‘s money, and tax fraud. When that ran out along with OPM, Russians, mob money etc. But a good ‘marketer’ yes, always appealing to the basest of desires, greed, jealousy, sexual excess.
I'll take being a 4 BILLION DOLLAR failure.

You people are way gone.
It ain’t $4B. That’s what HE says.....His Daddy left him $400-$500MM and he turned it into $400-$500MM.
You don't buy Miralago, Doral, Trump Tower, and dozens of courses and other properties around the world if you're a fn failure.

Or you'd do it.
If your daddy left you $400MM you could get a mortgage also.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:58 pm TLD,
Come on now - we all know it is "friends and family" be real about it. Daddy is part of the friends and family chain. Come on now - do I drink to being a deplorable or a meathead?
I used to think you were neutral. I have plenty of deplorable classmates and teammates.
LandM

Post by LandM »

I am as neutral as they come. Being called "gumpah" was a great experience. I wish the fighting would stop, I wish the adults we elect would find a solution, I wish the lawyers we elect to office would put down the law degrees and I wish people could get along. That is my wish.......have a great night.
Typical Lax Dad

LandM wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:13 pm I am as neutral as they come. Being called "gumpah" was a great experience. I wish the fighting would stop, I wish the adults we elect would find a solution, I wish the lawyers we elect to office would put down the law degrees and I wish people could get along. That is my wish.......have a great night.
Your perspective is generally one sided. You can search the posts. Russell is more down the middle. Equal opportunity basher. He is consistent in his inconsistency.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:48 am I’m with you on the last bit, as long as the china being broken is neither the law nor ethics. Plenty of entrepreneurial types achieve success without cutting legal and ethical corners.

Yes, bureaucrat would probably be a more appropriate word than politician to describe your point. Or maybe ‘institutionalist’.

But in Mueller ‘s case, you’d need to also call him a leader and a highly effective prosecutor. Lots of ‘bureaucrats ‘ just push paper, never achieve much. That’s not Mueller.
And to be further clear, Trump’s an enormous failure as an an entrepreneur or business man. Rather he’s a con man, a cheat. Daddy ‘s money, and tax fraud. When that ran out along with OPM, Russians, mob money etc. But a good ‘marketer’ yes, always appealing to the basest of desires, greed, jealousy, sexual excess.

You people are way gone.
It ain’t $4B. That’s what HE says.....His Daddy left him $400-$500MM and he turned it into $400-$500MM.
You don't buy Miralago, Doral, Trump Tower, and dozens of courses and other properties around the world if you're a fn failure.

Or you'd do it.
Johnny one note. Knows nothing about the real world

You forget trump LOST daddys money. Plus another 500 million.

Then quadrupled it.
Typical Lax Dad

6ftstick wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:17 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:59 pm

You people are way gone.

Or you'd do it.
Johnny one note. Knows nothing about the real world

You forget trump LOST daddys money. Plus another 500 million.

Then quadrupled it.
He would be better off had he stashed it in an index fund....at least you have a hero....what do you think Daddy’s guarantee was worth in the real world.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

You people are way gone.
Like I said, daddy's money, tax fraud, and Russian mob money...but is it really $4B? I'm from Missouri, the 'show me state'...oh yeah, Trump refuses to do so...

Of course, he claimed it was $10B...

But then, how much OPM did he lose along the way?
How did his investors do?
How did his contractors do?
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:07 am

You people are way gone.
Like I said, daddy's money, tax fraud, and Russian mob money...but is it really $4B? I'm from Missouri, the 'show me state'...oh yeah, Trump refuses to do so...

I get tired of hearing about contractors being stiffed. Any subcontractor that plays in that world knows they will be asked to take a haircut on about half of their jobs, no matter who the prime contractor or developer are. It just plays out that way.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

get it to x wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:11 pm

You people are way gone.

I get tired of hearing about contractors being stiffed. Any subcontractor that plays in that world knows they will be asked to take a haircut on about half of their jobs, no matter who the prime contractor or developer are. It just plays out that way.
Yikes.
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:11 pm I get tired of hearing about contractors being stiffed. Any subcontractor that plays in that world knows they will be asked to take a haircut on about half of their jobs, no matter who the prime contractor or developer are. It just plays out that way.
Odd. I've paid every contractor I've ever owed. On time, and to bid.

I must have magic beans. Or a moral compass. Imagine working with your business partners fairly, and making sure everyone makes money?

Any other way we can lower the bar for our leaders? How about we make it so you can't get on the ticket unless you've committed at least three felonies?
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:34 pm
get it to x wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:11 pm I get tired of hearing about contractors being stiffed. Any subcontractor that plays in that world knows they will be asked to take a haircut on about half of their jobs, no matter who the prime contractor or developer are. It just plays out that way.
Odd. I've paid every contractor I've ever owed. On time, and to bid.

I must have magic beans. Or a moral compass. Imagine working with your business partners fairly, and making sure everyone makes money?

Any other way we can lower the bar for our leaders? How about we make it so you can't get on the ticket unless you've committed at least three felonies?
You know what kind of businessman Trump is when he claims negotiating a settlement with contractors is normal course of business. He
came asking, we wouldn’t give him and his boys a nickel. Failed the “character” test. Maddoff wanted to manage some funds for a buddy’s firm. He failed the first 5 questions on their standard due diligence test.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

You people are way gone.

Really???
I've never stiffed a contractor in any of my real estate projects.
I've a few times asked them to defend their bill when it was out of whack with expectations or actually poor work, and had discounts applied, but nothing like what Trump apparently did regularly on fully contracted bid work that was completed on time and on budget.

Not sure why you'd suggest that stiffing contractors is something to be expected. You been a developer who has stiffed your contractors?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:41 pm

You people are way gone.

Really???
I've a few times asked them to defend their bill when it was out of whack with expectations or actually poor work, and had discounts applied, but nothing like what Trump apparently did regularly on fully contracted bid work that was completed on time and on budget.

Not sure why you'd suggest that stiffing contractors is something to be expected. You been a developer who has stiffed your contractors?
So if all those stories are TRUE how is it Trump can get anyone to work on some of the most expensive projects across the globe?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:07 am

You people are way gone.

Really???

So if all those stories are TRUE how is it Trump can get anyone to work on some of the most expensive projects across the globe?
Great question.
He's rarely the developer any more, he just licenses his name.
I don't recall the year that became the primary mode of business, but over 10 years ago.

Prior to that change, contractors didn't know until he stiffed them.
When he settled with them, he required NDA's.
But they didn't come back for more.

Lots of contractors out there, stars in their eyes when bidding on a Trump development.

That was also true of investors and bankers. Once they realized how dishonest he was, and how poor a businessman he actually was, the legit folks stopped providing capital. So he went overseas for the money.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

I was out at a bar one night and struck up a conversation with a guy and his wife sitting next to me. They were up from NJ visiting their summer home in ADKs. He told me he was retired but had been one of Trump's drywall contractors for many years. He said he loves Trump and that he was great to work for. I was really surprised since I believe this was during the primaries when so much negative poop (deserved or not) was coming out about Trump. So, it depends on who you talk to, as is the case with most controversy/contoversial people.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

6ftstick wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:17 pmJohnny one note. Knows nothing about the real world You forget trump LOST daddys money. Plus another 500 million. Then quadrupled it.
Somebody is going to be very disillusioned when The Con's tax returns finally go public and his hero is cooling his heels in jail...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:17 am I was out at a bar one night and struck up a conversation with a guy and his wife sitting next to me. They were up from NJ visiting their summer home in ADKs. He told me he was retired but had been one of Trump's drywall contractors for many years. He said he loves Trump and that he was great to work for. I was really surprised since I believe this was during the primaries when so much negative poop (deserved or not) was coming out about Trump. So, it depends on who you talk to, as is the case with most controversy/contoversial people.
Did that guy also tell you his son got a full scholarship to play lacrosse at Yale.

https://theweek.com/articles-amp/783976 ... e-swindles
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

IF FBI HAD SPIED ON TRUMP’S CAMPAIGN AS ALLEGED, THEY’D HAVE KNOWN WHY MANAFORT TRADED MICHIGAN FOR UKRAINE
Only after Mueller started ratcheting up the investigation against Cohen did Mueller first get a warrant on Roger Stone, in August 2017. That’s one of the two investigations (the other being Manafort) that remains ongoing.

Meanwhile, every one of these targets continued to engage in suspect if not criminal behavior. Manafort went on a crime spree to hide his paymasters, stay afloat long enough to re-engage them, and in January 2017 even tried to “recreate [his] old friendship” with Oleg Deripaska. Carter Page went to Moscow in December 2016 and claimed to be speaking on behalf of Trump with regards to Ukrainian deals. Papadopoulos considered a deal with Sergei Millian worth $30,000 a month while working at the White House, starting the day after the election. Mike Flynn continued to try to implicate Hillary Clinton in his efforts to get Fethullah Gulen arrested on behalf of his secret foreign paymasters, all while getting intelligence briefings. And Cohen moved to collect on reimbursements for the illegal campaign donations he made to silence some of Trump’s former sex partners.

This is just the public record, presented in warrant applications being progressively unsealed by media outlets in court dockets. There may be an entirely asynchronistic counterintelligence investigation conducted using intelligence authorities. Though given the FBI’s actions, it seems highly unlikely, given their apparent ignorance of key details, that’s the case.

Which is to say that the public record supports Peter Strzok’s claims that the investigation lagged what a normal counterintelligence investigation might have. And all the while the investigation slowly moved to uncover the secrets that George Papadopoulos and Mike Flynn and Michael Cohen and Paul Manafort and (allegedly) Roger Stone lied to cover up, those men continued to engage in sketchy behavior, adding more reason to pursue the investigation.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

Right dis -- the Russians won Michigan for Trump. They got all their former Red Wing greats to campaign for him.

I hope Marcy gets down to the short hairs on whether or not Azra Turk is a natural blond.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

You people are way gone.

Really???

Not a developer or a contractor. Intimately tied into the business and see all of the back and forth. GC firms are famous for needing a “little help “ on this job and promising to make it up on the next one.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx

Return to “POLITICS”