media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
NattyBohChamps04

Re: media matters

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:56 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:40 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 11:14 am If you want to twist the forum members here into Bavarian pretzels bring up their ineptitude in regards to how law enforcement deals with criminals caught red handed with illegal weapons.
They don't want the public to know a lot those illegal weapons are former cop guns...

How Police Guns End Up in the Hands of Criminals

Getting screaming deals and pre Freedom Group Remington 870's and 700's are worth it though...
Maybe the dumbest post I have read on this forum in quite awhile..Here's your sign. Stand up and take a bow. You've earned it. :roll: :roll:

And no I didn't read your stupid effing link. Links from you are about as useless as teets on a bull.
Keep walking in your clown shoes. Everyone's laughing at you, not with you when you say stuff like that. You seriously don't know that the cops sell tons of their old (and nearly new) guns and gear? And LOTS of those guns end up in the hands of criminals? Keep your head buried in the sand...

Wanna get some great deals on LEO guns? $349 for a Glock 17 9mm, $249 for a S&W M&P .40 - https://aimsurplus.com/categories/trade-in-le-gear
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Twitter labeled a link to NPR Arlington story ‘unsafe’

Quelle surprise

Funny how many "mistakes" on Twitter these days that help Trump. What we like a "pattern" in the biz. They sometimes fix them when called out, but it certainly suppresses speech and reach in critical hours after a story or event happens.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:08 pm Twitter labeled a link to NPR Arlington story ‘unsafe’

Quelle surprise

Funny how many "mistakes" on Twitter these days that help Trump. What we like a "pattern" in the biz. They sometimes fix them when called out, but it certainly suppresses speech and reach in critical hours after a story or event happens.

... the Musk "bag o sh*t" working for his boy.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:08 pm Twitter labeled a link to NPR Arlington story ‘unsafe’

Quelle surprise

This is EXACTLY what I've been telling Waffle and others here: Republicans don't want fairness. They don't want free speech.....what they want are rights for them, and only them. They want the media to do exactly what they want....and if the media doesn't cater to their far right nuttery, oh well then CLEARLY the media MUST be corrupt and run by "the libs".

Newsflash: there are millions of Americans that are in the center like me. And on MANY issues, and media is one of them, It's clear as day that I'm to the right of the Republicans who post here. My personal position is: Musk can do anything he wants. Ban users, delete comments, and whatever he damn well pleases. It's his freaking company, and this is America.

If they want to ban a post about Arlington? That's their deal.

But I'm not a Republican....or Musk himself before he bought twitter...... claiming that if Facebook or Twitter does what they feel like doing that is now magically censorship. Yeah, no. That's not censorship. WaPo and Foxnews can print/show whatever they please, and everyone who doesn't like it can turn the channel, comrade.

But won't hear one single word about "censorship" from this crowd now that they think Twitter is run by "their guy". Not a peep. Not a single complaint....nothing about conspiracies. It's a Xmas miracle everybody!!

Told you all this was coming. And here we are, in the exact place anyone with an IQ above room water would tell you is coming: Musk is no different than the old owners. He does as he pleases. Welcome to America.

:roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:39 pm

Quelle surprise

This is EXACTLY what I've been telling Waffle and others here: Republicans don't want fairness. They don't want free speech.....what they want are rights for them, and only them. They want the media to do exactly what they want....and if the media doesn't cater to their far right nuttery, oh well then CLEARLY the media MUST be corrupt and run by "the libs".

Newsflash: there are millions of Americans that are in the center like me. And on MANY issues, and media is one of them, It's clear as day that I'm to the right of the Republicans who post here. My personal position is: Musk can do anything he wants. Ban users, delete comments, and whatever he damn well pleases. It's his freaking company, and this is America.

But I'm not a Republican....or Musk himself before he bought twitter...... claiming that if Facebook or Twitter does what they feel like doing that is now magically censorship. Yeah, no. That's not censorship. WaPo and Foxnews can print/show whatever they please, and everyone who doesn't like it can turn the channel, comrade.

But won't hear one single word about "censorship" from this crowd now that they think Twitter is run by "their guy". Not a peep. Not a single complaint....nothing about conspiracies. It's a Xmas miracle everybody!!

Told you all this was coming. And here we are, in the exact place anyone with an IQ above room water would tell you is coming: Musk is no different than the old owners. He does as he pleases. Welcome to America.

I'm not sure what the issue is. The link still worked, it just prompts you to read a notice before proceeding; hence the "continue" button at the bottom. Unlike Facebook or Twitter at the time, that simply buried it, removed it entirely, or banned you.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:26 pm

Quelle surprise

I'm not sure what the issue is. The link still worked, it just prompts you to read a notice before proceeding; hence the "continue" button at the bottom. Unlike Facebook or Twitter at the time, that simply buried it, removed it entirely, or banned you.
The issue is simple: teamtinfoil lost their minds when Facebook blocked something by accident.

Now they don’t care. I never cared, as you know.

The point is the boilerplate hypocrisy from team “they’re censoring me!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:41 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:26 pm

Quelle surprise

The issue is simple: teamtinfoil lost their minds when Facebook blocked something by accident.

Now they don’t care. I never cared, as you know.

The point is the boilerplate hypocrisy from team “they’re censoring me!”
I hear you, and would agree, but maybe you are not hearing me......"X" did not block this NPR Arlington story, they simply set a flag, to prompt the reader something in the story or headline was not jiving with their algorithm prior to you still being able to open the article. There is a clear difference.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:52 pm I hear you, and would agree, but maybe you are not hearing me......"X" did not block this NPR Arlington story, they simply set a flag, to prompt the reader something in the story or headline was not jiving with their algorithm prior to you still being able to open the article. There is a clear difference.
It's NOT different. They flip out of "fact checker flags" on twitter and facebook all the time. I see it daily on my feed. About 1/3 of my facebook feed is filled with Trumpists.

Republicans are running out of stuff to pretend to complain about. This week we crossed both "twitter is censoring us" and "it's important to respect military service" off the list.

Feigned concern for law and order went away with Trump's convictions.

Feigned concern for 'weaponizing US Intel" "show me the man, and I'll show you the crime" went away with the 6 years and counting of the IRS, FBI, and DoJ going after Hunter.

Can't wait for what's next from these spectacular Americans. Wish I could bring Reagan back to show them what they've done with his Party.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:05 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:33 am
a fan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:27 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:53 am Your knowledge of the aviation industry is woefully lacking. Most commercial pilots & aircraft mechanics were NOT trained by the military.
Really? Well, you better break the news to this f'ing idiot, who thinks otherwise....
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:18 pm The airline, air freight & commercial aviation industries could not survive without military trained pilots & maintainers.
Now you're arguing with yourself.Have fun, and let us know who "wins".
The 2 statements are not in conflict. You made it sound like the aviation industry is 100% former military. You said the ENTIRE aviation industry.

You said :To wit: the .gov subsidizing the ENTIRE aviation industry.
:lol: So now you don't what your own words mean. This is great.

"The entire industry would collapse without military trained pilots and maintainers".....yet you don't think that that means that the government is subsidizing the entire industry?

Hey Old Salt: do you know what a syllogism is? Apparently not.

What happens to the industry if you remove the government trained workers? Old Salt says it collapses.

So......how the F is it that you think the industry isn't ENTIRELY propped up by that government-subsidized workforce?

You really need to argue with yourself and get back to us.

If you can't figure it out, go ask your wife, pretty sure she knows what a syllogism is.
I've shown you the numbers which you refuse to acknowledge. The US aviation industry was built by the pilots, mechanics & assembly line workers who won WW-II & the various Cold War & GWOT wars since. We have military aviation for our defense, not to build & man an aerospace industry -- that has been a beneficial side effect. Now that the nature of warfare has changed, requiring smaller air forces, commercial aviation is having to recruit & train their own pilots & mechanics. As I also pointed out -- without the prospect of a post military career in commercial aviation, we would not be able to attract the talent necessary for military aviation. Both benefit each other.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:10 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 10:24 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 7:17 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:56 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 5:15 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 4:05 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:59 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:48 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:06 am Here's that rotten ol' WaPo, giving Kamala a pass today, Old Salt.

Want help with your excuses as to how this "doesn't count" as criticism of Kamala? :roll:

The times demand serious economic ideas. Harris supplies gimmicks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... -gimmicks/
That's an editorial.
Right. That means that it's not criticism. :roll:

Why Isn't Kamala Harris Giving Interviews

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/08/busi ... views.html

I can do this all day. You're simply wrong. Always have been with your claims. Stories everywhere about Kamala dodging interviews.

Now what? They're doing as you ask.
That means it's tucked on 1/2 of a back page. It's not in the News section & it's just one piece in the Opinion section.
It's their obligatory complaint, as supposedly unbiased journalists. It does not impact their overall favorable & supportive coverage & slant on Harris & the Dems.
:lol: Right. No matter what, you're all set with your claims. Neat. If outlets don't do exactly what you want, well obviously they're biased and corrupt. Btw.....folks read the Times online by and large. There is no such thing as "a back page".

You know: I can play this same game with your claims that Fox is asking Biden to resign, right?

"Oh, that's just one one host, and it's not in the news cycle"

You're smart enough to know this is a stupid line of thinking.

Or am I to assume that it's yet another coincidence that you're parroting yet another FoxNation talking point: "Media is biased for Dems; Hunter's laptop is SO serious; election fraud; Deep State" etc. etc.

Should I just add this to the pile of FoxNonsense that you don't REALLY believe, and are trying to sell as a original thought from Old Salt?
Look at the total content of the WP Opinion section & tell me which way it's slanted & who it advantages.
Even when talking about EV setbacks, they claim it's just a temporary retrenchment & that they will prevail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/columns/
So.....move the goalposts from "they're not criticizing Kamala"....to EV's?
You first moved the goalposts. I'm within your goal lines.

Or am I to assume that it's yet another coincidence that you're parroting yet another FoxNation talking point: "Media is biased for Dems; Hunter's laptop is SO serious; election fraud; Deep State" etc. etc.
Oh, so you're adding a FoxNation talking point: EV's are bad. Got it.

How does this help your case? You want all US media stories to be told from the perspective and slant of a Boomer Republican....and are shocked when you don't get catered to, is that it?

That's like watching children's cartoons, and getting mad that they don't run advertisements pitching arthritis medication.
Fox News accurately reporting something does not make it a talking point.
Do you think Fox News is causing the national rejection of the EV mandate & Fox News forced Kamala to back away from her advocacy of the EV mandate ? Anyone with a basic working knowledge of motor vehicles can see why the EV mandate is being rejected.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:53 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:05 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:33 am
a fan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:27 am
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:53 am Your knowledge of the aviation industry is woefully lacking. Most commercial pilots & aircraft mechanics were NOT trained by the military.
Really? Well, you better break the news to this f'ing idiot, who thinks otherwise....
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2024 10:18 pm The airline, air freight & commercial aviation industries could not survive without military trained pilots & maintainers.
Now you're arguing with yourself.Have fun, and let us know who "wins".
The 2 statements are not in conflict. You made it sound like the aviation industry is 100% former military. You said the ENTIRE aviation industry.

You said :To wit: the .gov subsidizing the ENTIRE aviation industry.
:lol: So now you don't what your own words mean. This is great.

"The entire industry would collapse without military trained pilots and maintainers".....yet you don't think that that means that the government is subsidizing the entire industry?

Hey Old Salt: do you know what a syllogism is? Apparently not.

What happens to the industry if you remove the government trained workers? Old Salt says it collapses.

So......how the F is it that you think the industry isn't ENTIRELY propped up by that government-subsidized workforce?

You really need to argue with yourself and get back to us.

If you can't figure it out, go ask your wife, pretty sure she knows what a syllogism is.
I've shown you the numbers which you refuse to acknowledge. The US aviation industry was built by the pilots, mechanics & assembly line workers who won WW-II & the various Cold War & GWOT wars since. We have military aviation for our defense, not to build & man an aerospace industry -- that has been a beneficial side effect. Now that the nature of warfare has changed, requiring smaller air forces, commercial aviation is having to recruit & train their own pilots & mechanics. As I also pointed out -- without the prospect of a post military career in commercial aviation, we would not be able to attract the talent necessary for military aviation. Both benefit each other.
I'm not refusing to ackowledge anything. I'm literally posting what YOU said. I have nothing to do with this conversation anymore.

I've told you several times now: I'm thrilled what you did with your military career, and am thrilled how much we got back for our socialized investment in you.

The part I don't get is: understanding how your life turned out, and how much you personally added to GDP because of that 27 year taxpayer investment in you.......why you wouldn't want other Americans to do the same. Why is your life path a dirty word for you: socialism?
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:01 pm Fox News accurately reporting something does not make it a talking point.
Yet you've been all over other media outlets for "reporting something", and then calling it a Dem or Lib talking point.
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:01 pm Do you think Fox News is causing the national rejection of the EV mandate & Fox News forced Kamala to back away from her advocacy of the EV mandate ?
Of course?

Dude, you haven't made one major post on the forum----where you've repeatedly stuck to the subject for months or years------that IS NOT a FoxNews talking point.

Are you telling me that this is a coincidence? OF COURSE the media you consume changes your views.
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:01 pm Anyone with a basic working knowledge of motor vehicles can see why the EV mandate is being rejected.
How many times have you complained about America's failed education system? Do you think that doesn't lead to stupid Americans?

if it doesn't lead to stupid Americans? That means our Educational system is stellar. And we both know that it ain't stellar.

The EV mandate is being rejected because we plainly and clearly don't have our electrical infrastructure up to snuff. Until we do that, in most States, these cars are powered by coal and natural gas. It's why I'm not a leftie......like the righties, they don't REALLY want to solve the problem. They just want to feel good about themselves....virtue signaling.

We're on the same page on a whole raft of things. If you'd stop arguing just to argue, you'd remember that fact.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:10 pmand how much you personally added to GDP because of that 27 year taxpayer investment in you
You're right. The 27 years of military service were a waste. It wasn't until I entered commercial aviation that I began contributing to the US GDP. I didn't know who to bill by the hour for time on top of Soviet subs. There should have been a finders fee for each detection. Interesting how your mind works.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:17 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:01 pm Fox News accurately reporting something does not make it a talking point.
Yet you've been all over other media outlets for "reporting something", and then calling it a Dem or Lib talking point.
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:01 pm Do you think Fox News is causing the national rejection of the EV mandate & Fox News forced Kamala to back away from her advocacy of the EV mandate ?
Of course?

Dude, you haven't made one major post on the forum----where you've repeatedly stuck to the subject for months or years------that IS NOT a FoxNews talking point.

Are you telling me that this is a coincidence? OF COURSE the media you consume changes your views.
old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:01 pm Anyone with a basic working knowledge of motor vehicles can see why the EV mandate is being rejected.
How many times have you complained about America's failed education system? Do you think that doesn't lead to stupid Americans?

if it doesn't lead to stupid Americans? That means our Educational system is stellar. And we both know that it ain't stellar.

The EV mandate is being rejected because we plainly and clearly don't have our electrical infrastructure up to snuff. Until we do that, in most States, these cars are powered by coal and natural gas. It's why I'm not a leftie......like the righties, they don't REALLY want to solve the problem. They just want to feel good about themselves....virtue signaling.

We're on the same page on a whole raft of things. If you'd stop arguing just to argue, you'd remember that fact.
...yet you still dismiss everything I post as a Fox talking point, even when I post more extensive supporting content from other sources.
I've followed the same basic conservative principles & perspectives since before Fox News existed & FOX was just a movie studio with a bunch of elegant theater houses.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:27 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:10 pmand how much you personally added to GDP because of that 27 year taxpayer investment in you
You're right. The 27 years of military service were a waste.
a fan wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:10 pm What part of I've told you several times now: I'm thrilled what you did with your military career
You're THAT bored, and so looking for an argument that you're going to intentionally clip the part where I champion your military service?

Cool. Maybe go walk your dogs.

Return to “POLITICS”